United States
88F / 31C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 28m 59s
Overall Rank = 189/255
Age Group = 34-39
Age Group Rank = 13/19
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at 4:40 and rested a few beofre finally getting my butt out of bed. I catered a party all day yesterday, so my legs were sore from all th stnading. Tried stretching for a few and then got ready. Packed my car and went to meet 2 friends at one of their houses to carpool. Ate a power bar on the way. Met Martin and Andrea and packed the car to get to the race. Wasn't able to pick up my packet the day before, so got it this am...Yay! A slinky as a gift :)
Event warmup:

Andrea and I did a short 5 minute run and then I went to the wate for a swim and to test the current. We were simming against the current :( the waves were fast and moderate size until you got past the break.
Swim
  • 14m 2s
  • 437 yards
  • 03m 13s / 100 yards
Comments:

I really felt great on the swim and kept a straight line. Some guy was all over the place and kept
What would you do differently?:

not stand in back of anyone at the start line
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

Transition was prety decent...don't know my TTime, but I think it ws around 1:30...they include it in the bike time I think

nothing
Bike
  • 44m 36s
  • 12.3 miles
  • 16.55 mile/hr
Comments:

I got passed a ton, but I actually passed a few people. Although there were plenty of volunteers, there was not one Marshall watching for drafting or other violations. I pumped my legs pretty hard nad was really happy with my time...but I think the transtions are in the bike time....my avg speed on my computer was 17.2

practice more bridges
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

fast Transition for me here...I was off and running in no time :)

nothing
Run
  • 30m 20s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 09m 47s  min/mile
Comments:

Saw my coach athe the beginnign of the run...was really great having her there to cheer all of us on ....I had to stop and walk for a moment at teh bottom of the bridge. My heart rate was soaring from the bike ride...So I took a few minutes and got my heart rate down and then started running again. Totally helped. I still think I can push myself harder on the run. I take it way too eaasy nad always have enough in me to sprint to the finish. I should use some of that energy during the race....
Post race
Warm down:

Met up with the rest of my training friends and we took a few pictures and talked to our coach. A group of us went ot breakfast..then home for a nap :)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

need to start eating better again and lose the 10 lbs I feel liek Iahve put on in the past 3 months...not sure if I ahve sicne I won't weigh myself, but feels like it

Event comments:

Nice race, would do it again next year

Last updated: 2007-09-09 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:14:02 | 437 yards | 03m 13s / 100yards
Age Group: 5/19
Overall: 0/255
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: Straight out to bouy and went to the right 2 more bouys and back in to shore. Teh run ot transition was not too bad but sandy and rocky. I wa the 36th out of the water according to the volunteer:) I fell the minute I ran into the water sicne the waves were crashing pretty hard. But got out ahead of most peopel pretty fast. the waves were 4 minutes apart, so I started passing some of the men from the first wave. Yay!
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 84F / 29C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Good
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:44:36 | 12.3 miles | 16.55 mile/hr
Age Group: 12/19
Performance: Average
Wind: Little
Course: Out and donwe the hill to the intercoastal bridge...took a right and headed down Federal highway lopped around to head south on Federal. Did the Federal highway loop again and then over thr bridge back to transition
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Bad
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:30:20 | 03.1 miles | 09m 47s  min/mile
Age Group: 14/19
Performance: Good
Course: out aalong the parking lot nad then up the intercoastal bridge and looped under to run along the water way. Then we winded throuh a neighborhood and then up the bridge again.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-09-10 6:57 PM

User image

Expert
Boca Raton, FL
Subject: Tropical triathlon, Lake Worth

2007-09-18 8:01 PM
in reply to: #959058

User image

Elite
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Subject: RE: Tropical triathlon, Lake Worth
Awesome job.  You are definitely getting better each time.  Do you wear a HRM during your races?  I don't recommend it to my clients because they focus on there HR to much.  Especially in a sprint race.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tropical triathlon, Lake Worth Rss Feed