General Discussion Triathlon Talk » NW NJ Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-09-30 9:08 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: NW NJ
Hello All,
New to tris this season. Did 2 sprints (long Branch series) and survived 1 olympic (NJ State). I was wondering if there are any tri clubs or non-organized tri groups in the Western Morris/ Warren/ Sussex area. I live in Mt olive, and would love to find some local training partners. Due to my work schedule I have a hard time with consistent workouts but would love to tag along when the schedule alllows. Thanks in advance for the help.

2007-10-01 8:04 AM
in reply to: #984746

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ
Subject: RE: NW NJ

Redfox04 - 2007-09-30 10:08 PM Hello All, New to tris this season. Did 2 sprints (long Branch series) and survived 1 olympic (NJ State). I was wondering if there are any tri clubs or non-organized tri groups in the Western Morris/ Warren/ Sussex area. I live in Mt olive, and would love to find some local training partners. Due to my work schedule I have a hard time with consistent workouts but would love to tag along when the schedule alllows. Thanks in advance for the help.

hey, welcome to BT! congrats on your season - I did the NJ State too, (sprint distance) and one of the Long Branch sprints.

I don't know about organized tri-clubs in this area - and I'm in Eastern Passaic county.

Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the club.

was this your first tri season?

2007-10-02 9:39 AM
in reply to: #985033

User image

Regular
Thanks for the welcome. Yes this was my first tri season. I was hoping to do acouple more but a shoulder injury made me wrap it up early. I have the black bear half and a couple of olys on the radar for next season.
2007-10-02 10:39 AM
in reply to: #984746

User image

Veteran
Parsippany, New Jersey

If you are looking to join a team, contact someone at Paramount Adventure

http://eteamz.active.com/paramountadventure/

I personally don't belong to that team, although I am thinking on joining, but I know a few members which I have done Masters swimming with in the past at Whippany JCC pool, and some MTBiking in Prep for the ITCA Triathlon.

Also make sure you visit Marty's reliable cycle in Morristown, Randolph and I think they have a new store in Hackettstown.  They will have weekly rides during the summer. 

One last LBS to visit is Cyclecraft.  Both in Parsippany and in Chester.  I know they have group rides.

I am sure with searching the WWW you can find more.  Also don't be shy when going into your LBS or any other Bike shop.  Ask and usually someone on the staff is knowledgeable and will want to know your goals.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » NW NJ Rss Feed