Holy Spirit Church
45F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 29m 49s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

I got up early to have some breakfast and coffee. I might have eaten too much, but it's hard to know. Cereal and yogurt with coffee. Nothing too strange.
Event warmup:

Not much as it was very cold outside. I didn't want to get sweaty and then stand around. Just a little jog to the start line.
Run
  • 29m 49s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

I had told myself that I would NOT go out too fast. But I did. The course started downhill and I got caught up in the pack. My first mile was 9:11 and I knew I'd pay for it later. Right after the first mile, a guy from RAC passed me and I recognized his shoes. It was the guy that I run with on Monday and Wednesdays. Of course, I've never talked to him, but I pace off him at least once a week. I fell right in behind him and stayed there a while. Then he slowed a bit and I came up beside him for a while. At mile 2, my watch said 19:50 so the second mile was much slower. I was still with my pacer, who I found out is named Rich; everyone said "Hi Rich" as he went by. As we left the trail for the road, Rich pulled ahead and I had to let him go. My HR was super high and I was feeling kind of gross in the stomach. As I turned for the finish, I kicked up to a sprint when I saw that I was within 30 min. I crossed the line under 30 with a HR of 187. Yikes!
What would you do differently?:

Go out slower!
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around trying not to pass out or puke. HR came down within 3 minutes and I felt fine.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing really.

Event comments:

I'll do this one next year, probably the 10k. Good course and nice food afterward. Kind of an ugly shirt though.

Last updated: 2007-10-27 12:00 AM
Running
00:29:49 | 03.11 miles | 09m 35s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
321 cal. Avg HR- 171 Max HR- 187
Course: Out and back, mostly on the Douglas trail.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes