BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Milaminute and Sparco's Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 55

2008-08-24 4:05 PM
in reply to: #1092026

User image

Expert
Orange County, California
Subject: RE: Milaminute and Sparco's Group - Closed
From my friend John I didnt know they had mesh to keep bees out of helmets.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a rudy project helmet, it looks expensive but it's really comfy, the specialized helmets are nice as are the giros. You have to try them on, sometimes a helmet will catch you in the ear with a bit of plastic, while for another person will fit great.

One thing I like about the new helmets is a nice mechanism to lock the helmet to the back of the head and some mesh over the front vents to keep bees out.

2008-09-03 1:29 AM

User image

Expert
Orange County, California
Tri class time trials tonight.

Swim 100 yards, but did it in 1:28 so thrilled about that. Thought I would be 2:15 to 2:30

Can't do long time trials with 41 in the class and only 10 lanes of short course pool.

Run 2 miles 14:46 meh. PR but not nearly as exciting as the swim.
2008-09-10 5:26 PM
in reply to: #1624212

User image

Pro
Sous Mon Diadème

Cashmason - 2008-08-24 5:05 PM From my friend John I didnt know they had mesh to keep bees out of helmets. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a rudy project helmet, it looks expensive but it's really comfy, the specialized helmets are nice as are the giros. You have to try them on, sometimes a helmet will catch you in the ear with a bit of plastic, while for another person will fit great. One thing I like about the new helmets is a nice mechanism to lock the helmet to the back of the head and some mesh over the front vents to keep bees out.

Wow... I didn't know that either.  Very cool.  Too bad, I just bought a new helmet not too long ago.  I'll have to find it on the intrawebz and tell Falls Runner whose blog title is something akin to Year of the Bees and his current sting count is 26 for the season.

2008-09-29 2:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, NC

Hey folks!!,

Well - I know I am not part of this mentor group but you all know my wifey is...gygyhawk!   Well - anyway..I just wanted to pop in and let you all know she is doing great and rockin the running circuit right now.  She has not been bloggin at all since she started Nursing school...hense..that keeps her pretty busy...along with maintaining her fitness and mind.  She has been really focused on running & school and she has reaped the benefits of it for sure...she looks awesome and feels really good about herself now...it's been a good thing for us both!  Anyway - I wanted to let you all know she ran a 10k this weekend and placed 2nd in the Athena's - brought home some hardware!! and set a new PR for 10k time: 52:08....she rocked it!!  The biggest thrill for her was finally getting to hear her name called for winning hardware and gettin some recognition for all her hard work...she has placed in the last few runs and missed the awards ceromony for them...thinkin she did not place...and she ended up placing.  Anyway...she is doing well and I wanted to let you all know ....I will get on her about bloggin...at least I will try!!

Later

papahawk

2008-09-29 2:25 PM
in reply to: #1704006

User image

Pro
Sous Mon Diadème
papahawk - 2008-09-29 3:20 PM

Hey folks!!,

Well - I know I am not part of this mentor group but you all know my wifey is...gygyhawk!   Well - anyway..I just wanted to pop in and let you all know she is doing great and rockin the running circuit right now.  She has not been bloggin at all since she started Nursing school...hense..that keeps her pretty busy...along with maintaining her fitness and mind.  She has been really focused on running & school and she has reaped the benefits of it for sure...she looks awesome and feels really good about herself now...it's been a good thing for us both!  Anyway - I wanted to let you all know she ran a 10k this weekend and placed 2nd in the Athena's - brought home some hardware!! and set a new PR for 10k time: 52:08....she rocked it!!  The biggest thrill for her was finally getting to hear her name called for winning hardware and gettin some recognition for all her hard work...she has placed in the last few runs and missed the awards ceromony for them...thinkin she did not place...and she ended up placing.  Anyway...she is doing well and I wanted to let you all know ....I will get on her about bloggin...at least I will try!!

Later

papahawk

Thanks for the update!!!  Great to hear.  I actually read about her PR on someone else's inspires and dropped by her blog to congratulate her. 

2008-09-29 2:53 PM
in reply to: #1704006

User image

Master
Utah
papahawk - 2008-09-29 1:20 PM

Hey folks!!,

Later

papahawk

That is wonderful! I will stop by her blog soon to congratulate her. Keep on rocking the run, Gygy!  

2008-10-18 10:00 AM
in reply to: #1704135

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, NC
NEWSFLASH!!  GyGy got 1st place in Athena at the Lungstrong 15k this morning!!! SHE ROCKED it!! She just called to tell me she ran it in 1:17 !!!!! This was such a boost for her..she has been running the Grand Prix series this year sponsored by Run for your Life and she has gotten placings at almost every race in the latter part of the series.  This 15k was the final race and she got 1st place!!  Way to blow out the series GyGy. I am very proud of her!!!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Milaminute and Sparco's Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 55