General Discussion Triathlon Talk » REPULSED BY FOOD Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-02-05 8:52 PM

User image

New user
Air Force Base in Texas
Subject: REPULSED BY FOOD
Is anyone finding it hard to eat? Not so much as eating but more specific- food is there but if it not protein, vitamins, some carbs and little sugar it is unappealing?

Am I making sense? I have dinner in front of me and I see the olive oil and I am repulsed. I see the little amount of fat on venison and I want to eat only the lettuce in the salad. I see the "wrong" in food and do not want to eat.

Please tell me I am not crazy an someone else has experienced this.

I am hungry all day long, and accordingly, but more often than not I am repulsed.
Assistance anyone? :-(

2004-02-06 7:38 AM
in reply to: #6146

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
Subject: RE: REPULSED BY FOOD
I PM'd you on this one.....

2004-02-09 10:39 PM

User image

Expert
Torrington,CT
I know that if my workout is strenuous, I tend not to eat. After a hard race food is quite unappealing. Could it be that you are not taking enough rest time? Otherwise I would get thee to a doctor for a physical.

Good luck,
Evelyn
2004-02-10 10:06 AM

User image

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Watching what one consumes is a good thing but when one gets to the point that food is found to be repulsive, that is a sign that something is indeed wrong. The only time I remember ever being repulsed by food was many many years ago when I was drepresed over my divorce. You could be depressed, overworked, psyched-out over losing weight (danger of anorexia there), anxious about something, or you might simply be overtraining. The latter is the most likely, but you must examine your current situation and determine which factor is definitely the cause and then take the appropriate action.
2004-02-10 2:47 PM

you are crazy into thinking that olive oil and a little venison fat is bad for you.

you can thank the USDA and the food industry for that...

not all fats are created equal.

dietary fat doesn't always lead to fat on the body.

http://www.cbathletics.com/issues/73.htm#1

Edited by ssyba 2004-02-10 2:47 PM
2004-03-15 3:06 AM

Veteran
budapest, hungary.
sometimes when you're not eating / eating small amount , and the main fuel of the body its his own fat storage. you feel apetite loss ,food repulses you. the reason for that is that the body is in a condition called ketosis (fat is converted to ketone bodies in the liver which use as energy source to the other tissues of the body), the ketone body cause apetite loss.
eating carbohydrates will stop ketosis.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » REPULSED BY FOOD Rss Feed