BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dodgersmom's Group - The inn is full! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 8

2007-12-12 1:01 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas
Subject: Dodgersmom's Group - The inn is full!

NAME: Dodgersmom/Marcy

STORY: I am 43 years young and started doing "real" triathlons 3 years ago.  Prior to that, I did some adventure racing.  Although I love the off-road stuff, I much prefer being on the road.  I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.  We have been here for almost two years.  Prior to that, I lived in Baltimore for 15 years and New Jersey before that.

FAMILY STATUS: Very happily married for almost 15 years to the greatest husband in the world.  Our family consists of our two beagles, Dodger (hence the usename) and Hoover.

CURRENT TRAINING: I am currently training for Ironman Arizona.  My very first one (scared!)  I am working with a coach who tells me what to do.  Basically I pay her to put me in pain but, on April 13th, it will all be worth it!

THIS YEAR'S RACES: My 2007 racing highlights started with the Disney Half Marathon in January (2:59:59) and finished with the White Rock Half Marathon in December (2:27:53).  I'll take a 32 minute PR!  Between that. there were several local sprints, The olympic at LoneStar and the HIM at LongHorn.

2008 RACES:  IMAZ is my sole focus right now, but after that, I know I want to tackle some of the local DFW sprints and LongHorn HIM to end the 08 season.

WEIGHTLOSS: This is always a struggle for me.  I consider myself to be fit, but can't seem to get to sub-athena weight.  I have finally come to the conclusion that the scale is evil.  It's all about moderation.  Eat right, workout, DRINK LOTS OF WATER and don't stress.  If you live a healthy lifestyle, the rest will come to you.

WHAT WILL MAKE ME A GOOD MENTOR: I've been an active member of BT for several years now.  Most of my closest friends are people I met on this site.  I don't know it all.  I probably don't know half of it, but I love talking about things I am passionate about.   I believe that my success in this sport has been because of the people I have met here, and the advice I have been given.  From things like how to set up a transition area to where to go for heart rate testing.  I need to keep learning, and I hope that I have some insights that I can pass on to others. 

Edited by dodgersmom 2007-12-27 4:04 PM

2007-12-26 3:25 AM
in reply to: #1097791

Subject: RE: Dodgersmom's Group - Open
Hi dodgersmom/Marcy

I am hoping to join your group as we seem to be the closest match. Well, except for the part that you are obviously quite athletic, and I am not! I'm a 46 year old woman, living with my delightful husband, three dogs and two cats on the west coast of Wales. My biggest obstacle to over come before doing a sprint is my bargain basement genetics. Thankfully, I am able to swim and cycle, but I am dreadfully slow.

I am planning on doing my first sprint April 27th. 400m swim, 15k cycle and 3.1k run. I've decided to do it for two reasons. The first is to celebrate the 3rd year anniversary of deciding to lose weight (I've lost 90lbs, but want to make it 100!) The second is I am hoping that by completing the race I will be able to prove to myself and my weightloss group that it is possible to overcome seemingly impossible obstacles such as large amounts of weight and exceedingly clumsy genes.

I am currently doing the couch to 5k training, and just did my first 27 minute walk 3 minute "run" yesterday. I can run for an entire 30 seconds! How dismal is that? But it doesn't matter, as I know it's a start and it will improve with lots of determination and your encouragement! I just started back to the pool, where I can easily swim the 400 meters as long as I rest after each lap!

Anyway, that's a bit about me, I do hope you'll consider having me. Thanks so much for offering to be a mentor in the first place!! I look forward to being able to glean much from your experience and wisdom!

Nackles1/LaRae

Nackles1/LaRae

2007-12-26 12:54 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hi LaRae.  I would LOVE to have you in my group.

Congratulations on your incredible weightloss job.  My husband has also lost incredible amounts of weight.  Last year was his first real year doing tris.

I'm glad you are following a training plan. For me, having that accountability was the key to getting me started.  If I just went about the day thinking maybe I'll run today, or swim with no real goal, more often than not I found myself sitting in front of the TV saying "I really should do something"!

One thing that would be a great help is to start entering your workouts in your training log.  Again, on the accountability front, it is great to be able to know what you are doing.  It is also great to be able to look back even a month from now, to see the progress you have made!!

We all started off slow, but you will be amazed at how fast you will progress.  Welcome to the group!!

Edited by dodgersmom 2007-12-26 12:56 PM
2007-12-26 9:51 PM

Veteran
Allen, TX
I'd like to join your group as well. It seems like you've been where I am and "have the t-shirt."

Prior to having my 2nd child (9/22/07) I lsot 56 pounds and had only been running for about 6 months. I had starting swim training and was biking consistently, but I pretty much stopped everything in February 2007 when I found out I was preggo (not sure if you can see training logs that far back - LOL!)

I recently started the Couch to 5K plan again. I've had to start it twice. For some reason, I'm having trouble getting back into my training. I'm sure it's because I gained some of the weight back that I'd lost and it's frustrating to have to take it back off again. It's also annoying to have lost that progress in running, biking and swimming, but I know sitting on the couch isn't going to bring it back.

I recently turned 38 and would like to do my first tri in 2008. I would like to do an Ironman prior to turning 41.

I'm married with 2 kids (a 9-year-old and a 3-month-old). My biggest challenge right now is getting back on the good nutrition plan and being consistent with my training. I'm trying to focus on running for the next few months, then add back in the biking and swimming.

Let me know if you think I'd be a good fit.

2007-12-27 8:22 AM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hi Care!  Another Texan!!  Welcome to the group.  Congrats for getting back out there.  I have played the weight game so many times in my life.  Up down, up down.  Even now, with consistent training I still play the game.

I have come to the conclusion that the scale is not a good indicator of where you are.  There are so many factors that can make it different from day to day.  It's how your clothes are fitting, and how you feel.

I'm glad to see that you have chosen a plan to follow.  Like I said to LaRae, having that accountability is great. 

Have you set your sights on a tri for 2008?  The benefit of living in North Texas is that there are so many choices.  Look into www.dallasathletes.com.  Their races are really good.  I also LOVE the Irongirl in Las Colinas.  That would be my recommendation for a first tri.  Gerat couse, women only (there is even a first timers start) and well organized.  I have done it for the past 2 years and will be there again this year.

Also, check out the Texas forum.  There are always lots of things going on!

Glad to have you in the group!

2007-12-27 8:44 AM

User image

massachusetts

Hi Marcy!

I am 44 years young and started with Tri's about 3 years ago where I started with 2 sprints.  Last year I did an OLY with Team in Training for Leukemia and Lymphoma and had a wonderful experience.

After the OLY I decided I needed a rest, (wrong move!) that was in June.  Needless to say I started gaining back the weight I had lost while training and just felt awful about myself.  I snapped out of it a little and signed up for the OLY again plus a HIM in August.  I was motivated until the holiday season and kind of lost it again with my diet and training.  I work 4, 10 hour days and commute 2.5 hours day, so I really need to be diligent in fitting the time in and actually doing it and not saying I should do it.

I hope you will consider me for your group.

Stacy

2007-12-27 9:34 AM

Veteran
Allen, TX
I'm checking into Iron Girl right now! I assume this is a sprint? The website isn't clear on that point - LOL!

Also, do you have to have a USAT# to participate?

Thanks!
2007-12-27 9:45 AM

User image

Veteran
Longview, TX
Marcy,

Hello! I live in Longview, Tx and I am would like to join your group. I am about to turn 45 in January, I'm 6'3" and weigh 275...I'm disgusted with myself. After a 15 year break from the military I joined the reserves and did a tour in Iraq from 05 to 06 and of all places began to run. When I came home I weighed abot 225 and felt pretty good. I continued to work out at the gym, but began to eat like crazy. Now, I feel like I'm out of control. Have done some swimming, but suck at it. Bought a book last year called 'your first triathlon' and just dusted it off. I'll say this...I've lifted weights and made great gains and pushed heavy weights until I've messed up some joints, but I feel the strongest when I can run, hike, or do anything cardio related without getting winded or tired. I found a sprint in Athens in March and I want to try that as my first tri. Any advice and encouragement would be appreciated.

Auggie
2007-12-27 11:57 AM
in reply to: #1118186

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hi Stacey,  Welcome to the group! 

Congrats on taking the step to sign up for a HIM, and making the commitment to get off the couch!  I agree, it is especially tough this time of year to get motivated.  If your workplace is anythng like mine, you could go from desk to desk just eating all the bad stuff that people bring in. 

You have a tough work schedule...are you a nurse?  The trick is to make use of the time that you do have.  Is there a gym where you work that you could hit during lunchtime?  Definately make the best use of the time off you have, but be careful not to overdo it.  The body can only take so much.

Are you following a training plan?  That would be my number one piece of advice.  Like I told the others, for me, it's about accountability.  Look at some of the BT HIM plans.  (Which one are you doing BTW).  Log daily (I'll be checking!!)

The good thng is, the holidays are almost over.  All the candy and cookies will be gone and it will be time to get to work.  August is not that far away!

Wecome to the group!

2007-12-27 12:00 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

VCSharpin - 2007-12-27 9:34 AM I'm checking into Iron Girl right now! I assume this is a sprint? The website isn't clear on that point - LOL! Also, do you have to have a USAT# to participate? Thanks!

Hi Care.  Yes, it is a sprint.  The swim is in the lake off of 114 and O'Connor.  The bike is pretty flat as is the run. 

Yes, it is a USAT race, and to be honest, you don't want to even consider a race that is not USAT sanctioned.  I really think it is worth the investment to join.  I think it's about $40 and you get the cool window sticker for your car!

Edited by dodgersmom 2007-12-27 12:00 PM
2007-12-27 12:12 PM
in reply to: #1118623

User image

massachusetts

Hi Marcy!

I am a PT that works in an outpatient setting in a hospital in Boston.  I do have a gym here and this is where I work out during the week before work...5:00 AM

I am doing the Oly to HIM bridge plan that the coaches here on the site suggested I do.  Right now I am focusing most on running since I am doing a half marathon at the end of Feb.

Thanks for having me in the group!  Happy New year!

Stacy

2007-12-27 12:29 PM
in reply to: #1118327

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hi Mike,  Welcome to the group.  It's always great to have another Texan! 

First of all, stop feeling disgusted with yourself.  What's done is done and you can't go back.  The most important thing is to think about tomorrow, and the next day and the next.  The cookie you ate yesterday is history and you have no control over it.  You do, however, have control of what you do today, tomorrow and every day after that.

It's all about making smart choices.  I have found that if I graze throughout the day, I never get that ravenous feeling or those sugar spikes that make you feel crazy for about a half hour and then you just want to take a nap!

It's a lot of small changes I have made with regards to my eating that have helped me.  Multi Grain bread instead of white or wheat, brown rice, wheat pasta.  I never feel like I am denying myself.  Not sure if you have Double Dave's pizza in Longview, but they have a whole wheat crust so when I really want a pizza, I have that.

The book you have is good.  If it's the one I am thinking about, it is written by Joe Friel, one of the masters of the sport.  I bought that book for a friend who needs a little encouragement to do her first tri.

A few pieces of advice I can offer...

Get on a training plan. BT has some great ones that can get you through your first sprint.  I also think that book has a plan in it.  FOLLOW IT!  Make it a part of your day just like going to work.  Do you belong to a gym?  I prefer to get my bike and run workouts done in the morning before work.  It's just nice to know that by 7am I am done for the day.  Swims are a little harder logistically so I do them after work.

Piece of advice #2.  Start logging your workouts in BT.  It's important not only from an accountability standpoint, but it is great to be able to look back and see the progress you have made!

One question, what is your goal for the race in March?  Is it to just finish or to finish in a certain time/position.  Is it a pool swim?  Just some personal thoughts.  I went into my first tri with the goal to finish and I did.  I was also next to last but that was OK because I wanted to cross the line smiling and I did.  If I had said I want to finish in under 1:30, I would have been very disappointed and may not have had the passion to keep going.  In three years, I have progressed from a back of the paker, to a front of the back of the packer to a middle of the packer.  This year I hope to be a front of the middle of the packer (man that's confusing, but I think you know what I mean.  Set some goals, but make sure they are realistic.  I know you can do it!

Welcome to the group!

2007-12-27 2:22 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Katy, Texas
Hello and Merry Christmas Marcy. I very much would like to join your group if you still have openings.

Name: Mark

Alias: x_caliber50

STORY: For starters I'm 39 years old. I intend to crash threw the 40 barrier sometime this November. I am originally from Orlando, FL but got a job in Sealy, TX and moved to the Houston area at around June of '07.

For many years through my 20’s and early 30’s I led a very sedentary life with lots of partying thrown in. Basically by day I was in front of a computer and by night I was going to every club in town, drinking and partying till the early morning hours. By 34 or so I finally woke-up to the fact that my body was really giving me allot of warning signs I had better start listening. It took several years of false starts and setbacks but slowly I made a real transformation to someone that takes his health seriously. My partying days are long over occasional drinks are just that, occasional.

Of course I can’t help the career I chose so the next best thing is to try and compensate that with exercise of some sort. My original intention was to pick up tennis. That was a game I played and enjoyed when I was a child but I found I just didn’t have the cardio for it. I decided to start running as a way to build up my endurance so that I could get on to playing tennis. 3 weeks later (I still hadn’t successfully ran my first mile yet) I saw an ad for the 2005 Downtown Orlando Sprint tri. I didn’t know it at the time but it really was a super-sprint with only a 400M swim - 13 mile bike – 5K run. I looked at the distances and thought. 400m swim? That’s not that far and I was a fish when I was a kid, 13 mile bike? I was riding a bike of mine all that summer at about 10 mile clips. 5K run? Well I sure can’t run that far now, but so what. Worst comes to worst I’ll walk it. Besides it was almost 5 weeks away, I’ll have plenty of time to train.

So train I did but come race day I still struggled horribly. Although I did struggle, I’ll never forget the real sense of accomplishment I felt crossing that finish line. My brother took a picture of me at that moment, it really is a classic. And I’ve been chasing that feeling ever since. Never did get back to that tennis thing.

Since then I’ve completed in 2 more tris; the 2006 Baldwin Park in Orlando and the 2006 Orlando Sprint. I’ve also raced about 2 dozen 5 and 10Ks even recording my first 5K age group win late last year

FAMILY STATUS: Single with no children (and no responsibilities YAY!!) I do have one heck of a GF that feel very much for.

2007 RACES: 2007 was a real off year for me. I started the year very well and in great shape. IT was in my hopes to compete in my first Oly Tri during the mid part of the year. When my job changed and I ended up moving to Texas it really kind of dashed those hopes. I focused on work and pretty much let everything else slide. So basically I ran one or two 5Ks and that’s about it.

2008 RACES: I really would like to get back to my desire to complete in an Oly distance Tri. I have tentatively picked the Battle of San Jacinto Tri April 20 to be it but I am not sure if I have allowed myself sufficient time given my current lack of scheduled training. I also would really like to run a ½ Mary at some point as well. Other than that I intend to do several Sprints and 5Ks and 10Ks throughout the year.

WEIGHTLOSS: Not nearly enough. Ha-Ha. I have ballooned about 15 lbs since I haven’t had a consistent regimen all year. I have no doubt that once I get back into the swing of things I’ll be back to where I like. Good health to me has never revolved around how much I weigh or what I look like. What most important to me is how I feel. If I weigh 250lbs and can honestly say I feel healthy I woul dbe OK with that.

Edited by x_caliber50 2007-12-27 2:38 PM
2007-12-27 2:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Longview, TX
Thanks for the encouragement! My goal is to finish strong. By 'strong' I mean not dragging across the finish line. I would assume that by not crawling to the finish, I will be more apt to try continue...I'm apprehensive, but I'm willling.

Auggie
2007-12-27 4:03 PM
in reply to: #1118865

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hi mark!  Welcome!  You are our last group member!  Wow, three texans, a bostonite and a girl from across the pond.  What a great group!

Funny, my triathlon career started in Orlando.  My very first tri was the Disney Danskin race.  Funny thing about Disney, when it comes to their marathons that are all over it in terms of organization.  They have not quite gotten there with their tris yet.  I did the Disney International twice.  Loved it the first time as it was my first Oly distance.  The seecond time I realized how badly managed it was, not to mention there were areas that were just unsafe.  I'll take my Texas tris!

I was also a tennis player in my youth.  I think it was an issue of playing too much and I lost my passion for it.  Like you, I partied through my college days. After that, I stopped doing almost everything.  Tri's came about 3 years ago when I turned 40.  Now I'm hooked.

I love what you said about the feeling of accomplishment when you finished your first tri.  And believe me, if you work for it, that feeling comes with every finish line you cross.  We both know that it will not come easy.  It will require some hard work, but anything is possible.

You have to make it a part of your life.  I got a shirt for Christmas.  I'm training for ironman Arizona (yikes) and basically it says "Swim, Bike, Run, Eat, Sleep".  Of course, I have to fit a 9 hour a day job in there too, but it actually works.  My husband (Doughboy on BT) is training with me and that is a HUGH help.  If you have supportive people around you, anything is possible.

OK...standard questions and advice...

Are you following a training plan?  If not, you need to especially of you have your sights set on that OLY in April!  It is VERY doable.  Check out some of the BT plans, or just do a Google search and you can find them.  Of course, finding a plan is just the first step, you have to follow it!

Next...log your workouts.  The accountability is great.  I love looking at my yearly totals, and going back to my logs from a year ago to see the progres I have made!

Welcome to the group!! 

2007-12-27 4:51 PM
in reply to: #1119064

User image

Extreme Veteran
Katy, Texas

Hey Marcy and thanks for having me.

Now for some questions:

I was dissapointed in the silver plans that are available. There aren't any 16 wks plans at that level only 12 and 21 week. I imported the 12 wk plan but right off the bat it says I should be able to swim such-n-such distance before starting the plan. I litterally have not been in the pool in 6 months or so. I have no doubt that i can get back in it pretty quickly, but 12 weeks mighht be too aggresive.

The other issue I have is my work schedule. Currently I need to be at work at 6AM and dont leave til 5:30PM Monday thru Friday.  All the plans I looked at have 2 of the long work-outs during the week. This is just not going to work given my work load. Ideally I'd like to have the long swim and long bike on the weekends when i have more time. The long run is OK during the week, currently I run through my nieborhood and it wouldn't be a problem for me.

What I have done is create a train plan on my own. i'd like to be able to import it but I havent seen where I could do that easily. Do you know of a way?

Another question I have. I have a pretty good running base. Currently I am running 6 miles 3 days a week. My bike and swim are non-existent however. I am fact currently trying to find a bike to purchase. I hope to have one by the 7th.

Because of this I been thinking maybe I should push the Oly back into the summer and perhaps do a Sprint at the end of Marh into April time frame. What do you think?

Thanks again for your help.

Mark

2007-12-27 8:03 PM
in reply to: #1119182

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Hi Mark,

I think any plan that you can stick to is a good plan!  One thing my coach told me is that it's OK to flip workouts around to different days to better accommodate your life.  I really hate it when life gets in the way of training!

Sounds like your running is there.  Have you looked at Craig's list for a bike?  Sometimes you can get some great deals but just watch for the size.  A bike that does not fit right is a disaster waiting  to happen.

You may want to think about starting the season with a sprint.  Check out www.lonestartri.com.  I did the Oly there lat year and my husband did the sprint.  Keith Jordan is probably one of the best race directors around.  If it was not 2 weeks before IMAZ, I would be there.  It would be a great first race.  It's on March 29th.  The course is flat and fast and there will be tons of other BT'ers there.

The awesome thing about Texas is that there are races almost every weekend.  If you start with the sprint, you should easily be able to handle an Oly in the summer.   

2007-12-27 8:46 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas
Subject: RE: Dodgersmom's Group - The inn is full!

Well,  Looks like our group is all set.  I love the fact that we all have common goals!  If you guys and gals would start logging your workouts, that would be GREAT.  I'll be checking daily and sending lots of inspires plus posting here.  Any questions, just ask.  What I don't know I will promise to find out.

Also, Most of you already have your sights set on a race or two for the season.  Can you let me know what they are/

I am really looking forward to getting to know all of you better.  You are all already in my friends list.  You may want to add us to yours!

Have a good night everyone! 

2007-12-27 9:54 PM
in reply to: #1119539

User image

Extreme Veteran
Katy, Texas

OK. I started fooling around with the "planned vs actual" calendar and I might be getting the hang of it. I'll see about spending an afternoon inputing what I came up with hopefully soon. I am leaving to visit family back in Florida tomorrow and i'm not sure of what access I will have to a computer, if I can i'll imput my 15 week training plan am going to follow sometime this weekend. If not it'll have to wait til I get back after the 7th.

I happened to have my runs from the past few days still saved in my Garmin. I went ahead and put those into my actual.

I hope everyone in the group has a wonderful and safe rst of the holiday. See you'll next year.

Mark

2007-12-28 8:08 AM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Have a great time in Florida!  Take advantage of the nice weather to get outside!!  PM me if you are having trouble entering your plan.  My husband (Doughboy) knows how to do it.  I actually let him do mine so I can have him tell you how to do it!  Have a safe trip and talk to you soon!

Marcy

2007-12-28 8:45 AM

Veteran
Allen, TX
Here are my 2008 race plans:

3/15 - 5K Dash Down Greenville
7/20 - Iron Girl Tri in Las Colinas
10/?? - 5K Susan B Koman
12/?? - 5K Rudolph Run

I need to find a 10K - preferably in the August/September timeframe.

I've imported my training plan. I did the 22 Week Couch to Finishline plan. I am going to follow the Couch to 5K plan for the running portion for the first 9 weeks since I'm slightly more advanced in running than what this plan calls for. (Note that I said "slightly"). I'm going to train to a 12 minute mile.

2007-12-28 8:58 AM
in reply to: #1120035

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Glad you are going to do IronGirl.  That really is one of my favorites.  I will be there too!  You may want to look for something between the 5K and Irongirl.  Maybe another 5 or 10K in May. 

That sounds like a good idea with the training plan.  Where do you swim.  Most of my friends are in Allen and McKinney and I know they swin at the Lifetime Fitness. Maybe I'll coem out and run the 5K with you!   

How does your husband feel about your new found passion (I say passion because it may not be now, but it will be )

Edited by dodgersmom 2007-12-28 8:59 AM
2007-12-28 1:52 PM
in reply to: #1120073

Veteran
Allen, TX
dodgersmom - 2007-12-28 8:58 AM

Glad you are going to do IronGirl.  That really is one of my favorites.  I will be there too!  You may want to look for something between the 5K and Irongirl.  Maybe another 5 or 10K in May. 

That sounds like a good idea with the training plan.  Where do you swim.  Most of my friends are in Allen and McKinney and I know they swin at the Lifetime Fitness. Maybe I'll coem out and run the 5K with you!   

How does your husband feel about your new found passion (I say passion because it may not be now, but it will be )

I swim at the natatorium in Allen. The high school swim team works out there and I love to watch them.

I was thinking of a 10K in May, but was worried I wouldn't be ready. Another 5K wouldn't be bad - I'll look around some more to see what I can find. It seems like 10Ks are few and far between.

Training for tris is not a new thing for me. I was training hard and planning to do my first sprint in March of 07, but around the end of January I started having trouble. I wasn't dropping weight, could not improve on my running or biking (only swimming was going well) and I was so tired all the time. I thought I was overtraining so I took a week off. Well, the tiredness just got worse. One night I jokingly said to my husband, "maybe I'm pregnant." Turns out, I was!

So, I tried to keep running and swimming for a while (had to give up biking - fell off twice so hubby took the bike away), but running started to hurt around May. Swimming fell to the wayside soon after.

Since having the baby in September (c-section) I've had a TERRIBLE time getting re-motivated. I think part of it is that I gained 25 pounds back out out of the 56 I had lost. And, I had to go back to walking for a while. It's really discouraging to have to re-lose that weight and re-build my run, bike and swim base. I think I need to just "get over it" so I can move forward. Also, I let the healthy eating fall by the wayside as well. So, I'm in the process of re-logging my food intake and getting the bad stuff out of the house. The diet started today - the training starts Sunday.

Hubby (Vincent) is EXTREMELY supportive. He was very happy to see how great I looked when I dropped the 56 pounds. He's also pretty impressed at how quickly the running base seems to be re-building. And, he appreciates how much more relaxed I am when training. Honestly, he's my biggest fan.

I just need to get back to my "do it" mentality instead of the "do it later" mentality I seem to have now.
2007-12-28 8:49 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

It is so great that your husband is supportive!  Too many times I know of people who have had to give up the sport because their significant other does not support them.

Getting back into it it is tough, but once you make it a habit, then the days that you don't work out feel strange.  We have one day off a week (mondays) and I find myself almost feeling guilty for sitting on the couch and watching TV.  My body, however, thanks me for it.  

The fact that you have goals will make you want to get out there and workout.  

I'm excited for you! 

2007-12-29 5:34 PM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas
Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dodgersmom's Group - The inn is full! Rss Feed  

of 8