Other Resources Challenge Me! » saph's slightly laid back january yoga 'challenge' Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2008-01-22 12:25 PM
in reply to: #1117558

User image

Master
brummie land
Subject: RE: saph's slightly laid back january yoga 'challenge'

spirit that sounds amazing! do you find you get a similar connection with surfing now?

btw peeps it's tuesday so let's see how you are all getting on? my yoga has morphed into stretching this week as my back has been really bad. hopefully by thursday i'll be back to normal sun salutations! cannot wait  

2008-01-23 5:31 PM
in reply to: #1169816

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
sappho96 - 2008-01-22 10:25 AM

spirit that sounds amazing! do you find you get a similar connection with surfing now?

Well unfortunately I don't surf as often as I would like - financial and time constraint issues (surfboards are expensive and I have to pay for all this tri gear!) But yes - when I surf, when I kayak, when I run out in the boonies, whenever I'm basically out in nature - I do definately feel a strong connection and a meditative sense of serenity. It's pretty cool. ;-)
2008-01-29 4:48 PM
in reply to: #1172720

User image

Master
brummie land

that sounds great spirit. for me yoga has given me the chance to be a bit more 'spiritual' without being religious, which as an ex-evangelical i find a relief.

'challenge' ends on thursday but i hope everybody has enjoyed themselves, (almost) hit their goals and is now more bendy  

2008-01-31 2:35 PM
in reply to: #1117558

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
My training log tells me that I did 7 hr 15 m of yoga this month. So I'm pretty happy with that. And yes - I'm bendy. ;-)
2008-02-01 8:32 AM
in reply to: #1156555

User image

Master
Cambridge, MA
krludwig - 2008-01-15 3:19 AM

I watched some of the Kundalini Yoga DVD I just bought, and followed along as best I could. The first set was fairly simple and fun. They had cutesy names for the exercises: one they called the "washing machine", another the "propeller". All worked the spine in various ways, and emphasized a flow of movement with your breath, rather than maintaining certain poses.

I also peeked ahead at some future sets, though I didn't attempt them. One was a motion from being seated (with legs forward and flat), up to bridge, then back again. Another was a fluid motion from down-dog to plank to up-dog, then back to plank and down-dog, repeating as many times as you could.

It's too early for me to give my impressions about it -- I need to try more of it -- but it looks promising.

So how is everyone else faring?

Heh, that DVD sounds interesting...cutesy names and all! 

I wish that I had been more deliberate in my yoga practice.  I'm pretty sure I failed to log  1 yoga class and failed to attend at least 2 others.  Maybe I should just give up on the classes and use music for my practice.  Since I've been doing yoga for many years, on and off, it's not like I need to get more moves to use. 

My real problem is that I don't have a room at home that I love to do yoga in....ceilings are too short unless I'm in our main living space, ceiling fans make the bedrooms too low for full sun salutations, etc. 

Anyway, I only did about an hour of yoga in January and I want to get 4x that in Feb.

2x at least...

Cheers, -Sunny 

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » saph's slightly laid back january yoga 'challenge' Rss Feed  

of 5