Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Orillia Tri/Du Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2010-08-10 11:52 AM

User image

Expert
Port Colborne, Ontario
Subject: Orillia Tri/Du
Anyone here doing the Orillia Tri/Du Aug 22nd?  I wasn't planning on doing any more multi this year with the half mary coming up Setp 19, but I can't help it.  I'm thinking of doing the spring du.

If anyone's done it before, how is the bike course compared to say, the Victoria Du in Waterloo?

2010-08-10 3:40 PM
in reply to: #3034798

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Orillia Tri/Du
I haven't actually done the brick duathlon but I did train in that area for years while I was in school at UW (both undergrad and gradschool).  I have done the orillia tri twice, but it was a long time ago, so my memory might be a little hazy.  I would say the hills around waterloo are shorter and steeper and the ones around orillia are higher but less steep.  you'll be going up hill for longer, but it isn't too bad.  I'm not a great climber, but I don't recall being completly beat up by the orillia course.  The first 5K is mostly up hill or flat though.  I've always felt sorry for newbies that chose that as their first TAT.
2010-08-11 7:46 AM
in reply to: #3035423

User image

Elite
Ontario
Subject: RE: Orillia Tri/Du
Orillia is a good course - and really great venue.  Funny enough, this is exactly where I did my first Try a Tri.  As to the bike course, it's certainly got some hills in it, but these tend to be quite short but very manageable, even though you will be pushing a smaller gear (be ready for the hill as soon as you leave transition).  The one down side to the bike course is that a few km worth of the road is in rough shape, but overall it's quite good. 

Once you're done the bike, the run is really flat with the exception of one tiny hill (not sure you can even call it that).  I'll be there, and I've had this one marked off as my A race for the year.
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Orillia Tri/Du Rss Feed