General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri supply in Wichita Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-05-16 1:26 AM

New user

Subject: Tri supply in Wichita
Hey I'm one of those guys who's new to the sport, and I'm currently living in Wichita. Anybody know where the best place is to pick up info and gear here in town?

2007-05-16 8:22 AM
in reply to: #802230

User image

Expert
Olathe, KS
Subject: RE: Tri supply in Wichita

I'm not from Wichita but my folks are and I go down there quite a bit.  There is a good running store down in Old Town (First Gear??)   Also Bicycle Peddlar over on the east side has quite a bit of tri stuff.  Either store should have race info. 

You might try to PM lisac957 she is in Wichita.

2007-05-17 9:47 AM

User image

Expert
Denver, Colorado
Another Wichita person here. First Gear in Old Town, (Douglas and Rock Island) is a good store for just about any running stuff. There are a few excelent triatheletes that work there too. There is a Bike store right next to it, Heartland Bicylces, never been there. I go to the Bicycle Peddler on Rock Road, I've always heard better things about them and they've helped me out a few times. Not sure where you live in town but there is a triathlon club www.ksrvtc.com that does a lot on the west side. If you ever want someone to workout with just holler!
2007-05-22 1:45 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Ditto on what everyone else said. First Gear in Old Town and Bicycle Peddler. NOT Heartland... I do not recommend them.

And yeah if you ever want to ride/run just PM or whatever. Climbin5414 and I usually ride at least once on the weekend and one evening a week together. We typically ride out east, but have been known to go out west on occasion.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri supply in Wichita Rss Feed