Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Error message while tying to upload Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-05-18 12:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Snohomish WA
Subject: Error message while tying to upload

"An error has occurred. Please contact BT suport and the offending party will be penalized 2 minuets at their next race. Also it would be big help if yo could send the workout file you were trying to upload"

I don't know how to send that file. This is an error I get fairly often while trying to upload my workouts.

I can see them in the drop down list.

2008-05-18 1:52 PM
in reply to: #1409237

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Error message while tying to upload
If you can give us the following information:
  • Garmin model,
  • your computer Operating System and version,
  • Browser and version,
  • the complete text of any error messages,
  • a description of what went wrong. 
  • Also, if you can, send us the tcx file of the workout from Training Center to support@beginnertriathlete

Other information here: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=113383&start=1

1- You need to have the latest Garmin software on your device and your computer. The best way to handle this is with the Garmin WebUpdater. Please install this and run it on your computer before using the workout uploader. Even if you bought your Garmin recently. The software it came with might not be the latest and this requires the latest.

2- Make sure your Garmin device is set to Smart Recording, otherwise the data files will almost certainly be too big to work with this feature.

3- Workout uploading requires FireFox 2.0 or Internet Explorer 7.0. IE 6.0 is not supported. We're not saying it won't work, but if it doesn't we're going to tell you to upgrade to IE 7.0 or preferably Firefox 2.0. Garmin Communicator doesn't work in any version of Safari so we couldn't support that if we wanted to.

4- If you have a lot of workouts stored on your device, the upload process may take a while. This was designed to upload only the data absolutely required, but if you have 6 months worth of workouts on your device and the upload process seems slow, you should look at deleting some workouts from the device.

2008-05-18 3:40 PM

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY
To send a workout file, right click on the workout in Training Center and choose "Export". This will create a tcx file on your hard drive which you can send to us.
2008-05-19 10:02 AM

User image

Veteran
Snohomish WA

The exact text of the error is:

"An error has occurred. Please contact BT suport and the offending party will be penalized 2 minuets at their next race. Also it would be big help if yo could send the workout file you were trying to upload

I am using a Garmin 405. Everything is new and most of the time things work fine. It seems the problem is when I upload a run then later try to upload a bike ride. I will not ever again be asked if it is alright for "BT to access my logs for discussion or......." 

So it seems I get only once chance to for each calender day to upload. Is there a way to around this.

Thank you very much for a great site. 

2008-05-19 1:53 PM
in reply to: #1410631

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY

That message will only show once for each day that you log, so I don't believe it's related.

The next time the error happens, can you send us the workout file using the directions given above.  That's really the most important thing we can get to determine what's going on.

2008-05-20 1:34 AM
in reply to: #1411399

User image

Veteran
Snohomish WA
Thanks. I sent the workout file that wouldn't upload today.  I noticed the error message has changed.

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Error message while tying to upload Rss Feed