General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rochesterfest race photos Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-09 3:24 PM

Subject: Rochesterfest race photos
Anyone have experience with getting race photos from Lifetime Photo?  They did the race photos for Rochesterfest tri this year.  Is the only way to look at them to go through each album pic by pic?  Other races I've been to they have them separated by bib# as best they can and then the rest are in the "extras" bin.

Kind of a nightmare to have to go through each and every photo to find one.

Thanks in advance Minnesota!

2009-07-09 4:39 PM
in reply to: #2274122

User image

Veteran
Rochester, MN
Subject: RE: Rochesterfest race photos
Hi,

Yes, this is an issue with our photo vendor in Rochester. The fact is they are new to race photography. We have tried to use a local resource for doing this part of the event. I will be working with them to develop a new process like what you have seen in other events. I tried to get Yndecam for the event, but he was not able to do it. The Lifetime guys are very nice and they are a local business. I would like to help them improve this process so we can grow together. Thanks for the comments, you absolutely right.

Take care,

Bill Nevala
Race Director
2009-07-09 9:01 PM
in reply to: #2274362

User image

Champion
, Minnesota

Since you mentioned Yndecam, Bill, they have the same problem of not indexing their photos so you can find them.  In fact they are the only other race photog that I see around here with that particular problem.    Too bad because they take beautiful pictures.  They offer "highlights" and then sometimes group them by event, but you cannot search by name or number.

The best race photog in my opinion is Minnefota Moments.  In addition to the fact that the guy is really nice, he does a good job of indexing the pictures and they are not outside of the realm of affordability.  Brightroom does the fastest job of sending out pictures, but they take them at weird unflattering places and they are CRAZY expensive.

Just my opinion, since you (didn't) ask

Edit:  Just realized that Yndecam offers pics through Triathlete.com now, didn't realize that.   You can search by bib or name.  Although, for how often I saw Kerry Yndestad taking pictures of me, I am surprised to see only 1 pic from Liberty... 

2009-07-12 7:00 PM
in reply to: #2274362

Thanks for your reply, Bill.  I figured that was the case, just wanted to check.  I fully understand your motivations for going local.  Hopefully in the future they can expand their capabilities.

Regardless, thanks for putting on a great race.  It was hard to believe this was only the 2nd one.  Amazingly run from beginning to end.
2009-08-26 10:42 PM
in reply to: #2274914

New user

That's because Yndecam's true purpose in photographing tris is not really the athletes in the race; it's to try to get as many publicity photos as possible of his wife.  He quits photographing at races when she's done.  So that's why you don't see too many photos of you in his collections.  They are all of CY and her cronies.  Why anyone would want Yndecam to be the official race photographer is beyond me.  If his wife doesn't race, he won't show, and if she does race, he won't do justice to race photos and other athletes. 
2009-08-27 8:41 AM
in reply to: #2373203

User image

Champion
, Minnesota

Actually, then they are the "official" photographers, they take a lot more.  (I realize now that the official photographer for Liberty was actually Minnefota Moments, and KY was just there in addition.)

Yndecam does pics for Minneman, for instance, and they take a LOT.  They also offer one free pic, if you can identify yourself and make the request.    I think he's just not at as many races in the capacity of photographer, now, since Kerry races a lot and of course is supporting Cathy.

danch - 2009-08-26 10:42 PM That's because Yndecam's true purpose in photographing tris is not really the athletes in the race; it's to try to get as many publicity photos as possible of his wife.  He quits photographing at races when she's done.  So that's why you don't see too many photos of you in his collections.  They are all of CY and her cronies.  Why anyone would want Yndecam to be the official race photographer is beyond me.  If his wife doesn't race, he won't show, and if she does race, he won't do justice to race photos and other athletes. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Rochesterfest race photos Rss Feed