Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Best store for Tri gear, bike and acc. in OTTAWA????? Rss Feed  
Moderators: Silver_wlf, alicefoeller Reply
2010-02-27 4:35 PM

Veteran
Subject: Best store for Tri gear, bike and acc. in OTTAWA?????
What is the best place to actually browse a little and pick up so tri gear, shorts, tops has a few bikes and interesting gadgets. I am not much for the internet shopping and would like to have a place to see what is out there and pick up some goodies. There is one store in my area and they have minimal gear. Thanks

2010-02-27 7:14 PM
in reply to: #2697216

User image

Master
Guelph, Ontario
Subject: RE: Best store for Tri gear, bike and acc. in OTTAWA?????

Unoartunately sometimes you have to put up with what you can find or go n line. I have found most of my gear at a local running store which also carries tri gear. If you are in the Ottawa area you should be able to find a running outlet that carries tri stuff. The only thing I bought on line is a wet suit which I got through a link here on BT. 

2010-02-28 9:35 PM

User image

Veteran
Ottawa, Ontario
Bushtukah and Cyclelogik so far.

Orleans Cycle is under new ownership and I beleive headed in the tri direction.
2010-03-03 8:06 PM

Veteran
Thanks went to cyclelogik today better then what I am use to and got some new hand paddles, and tubes that were half as much as at My Own LBS, over all a nice place I thinks. Still open to other suggestions ,,,Thanks
2010-03-08 12:51 PM

User image

Master
Rural Ontario
I just wanted to give a big 'ol recognition to Bicyclettes de Hull in Gatineau (and to Simon-Pierre in particular). I recently ordered a Scott cyclocross bike form there (good deal on 2009 model) and the when it arrived I realized there was a crack on the headtube. I was worried becasue dealing over the internet, you never know what type of service you'll get.

I called Simon-Pierre at Bicyclette de Hull and he apologized (even though it wasn't his fault - the bike came in sealed Scott box). He gave me the store UPS number to return the bike and will ship me a replacement. That is good customer service. Next time I need new gear I'll start by checking out their website and will definitly visit the store in person when I'm in Ottawa.

2010-03-17 3:59 PM

Veteran

The Hull shop is pretty good quite a bit of variety compared to what I have seen around the area, thanks for the tip.

2010-03-22 2:37 PM

New user
I would like to know too.

I dropped by the Hull Pecco's last week (since they are a Somersault Sponsor) and the store was empty

Bushtukah had some Tri-vests being cleared out at $19 last month when I went...
2010-03-23 8:16 AM
in reply to: #2740833

User image

Pecco's Hull moved a while back, did you go to their new location on portage???
I dont think the phone book has their new addy if that's where you were looking.
So far the best cycling experience I have had was with Bushtaka, as they have been willing to do small things on the spot at little or no charge (like setting a crown race). I cant give too much adivce as to who has good mechanics as I do most of my own work on my bikes. I havent had anything major done anywhere, but personally I will not return to either of the Pecco's stores, the guys on Murray street are nice, but some of the mechanics there dont have a clue, and the ones in Hull were just rude. I got a freehub body installed at the Murray st. store and they did a really poor job putting the axle back in. Betrand (also in Hull) has been good to me. Cyclogic seems decent too, and good coffee!

Edited by waterlogged 2010-03-23 8:16 AM
New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Ontario » Best store for Tri gear, bike and acc. in OTTAWA????? Rss Feed