General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anybody have a doctor? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-11 2:13 PM

User image

Denver-ish
Subject: Anybody have a doctor?

Does anyone in the Highlands Ranch area have a general practice doctor who is also an endurance athlete? 

2009-08-11 2:20 PM
in reply to: #2341976

Subject: RE: Anybody have a doctor?
Dr. Don Schneider
303-346-8828
8671 S Quebec Street, Suite 210
Highlands Ranch, CO 80126

He is not a triathlete, but rides his bike (Specicalized Rubaix) a lot and is "sports" oriented. He is the best doctor I have had in a while.
2009-08-11 2:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
What sort of treatment are you looking for?  If it's for a sports injury, I would probably explore other avenues. 
2009-08-11 3:00 PM

User image

Expert
Ocala, Florida
perfect timing.   i just moved here and was looking for a new doc for myself and was wanting someone that's sports oriented as well.

any other suggestions in Parker perhaps?
2009-08-11 6:10 PM

User image

Denver-ish
Thanks for the responses.  I promise to be more than a lurker going forward. 

I'm just looking for a new doc.  I got my butt off the couch and started cracking a few weeks ago.  Last week I signed up for IMCdA (will be my first IM).  Thought it would be a good idea to get a solid checkup before embarking on this journey.   My previous doc told me it would be mid Sept before they could get me in.  In the mean time I decided to go to another doc for a physical.  Before I make him my PCP though, I thought that I should see if I could find one who would be inclined to look at things through an athlete's perspective.

All came back well from the physical BTW.  I've been pretty darn lazy over the last few years.  I didn't deserve to receive such good results.  He told me to let it rip!
2009-08-11 8:34 PM

User image

Master
Highlands Ranch

Just Kaiser, and I can't give their Orthopedic gropup a hearty reccomendation...

2009-08-16 10:45 AM

User image

Master
Straight outta Compton
FWIW- I rarely see doctors, except for allergies and the occasional sports injury.  If you need a good orthopedic, Denver/Vail Orthopedics in Lowry is well worth the time.  I've seen Dr. Hess for knee problems (including one surgery) and Dr. Alijani for wrist and hand problems due to bike crash.  First and foremost, check with your insurance carrier- they might have a recommendation for someone who specializes in sports medicine.  Good luck- and let us know what you find.  It's tough to find good medical care.
2009-08-20 12:52 PM
in reply to: #2351387

It's tough to find good medical care.

yeah, especially when the typical response I get from my doctor and chiropractor is that I should not be running... or cycling... swimming is A-OK.

I remind myself of that old Adam Sandler Fatty McGee sketch, "But I LIKE the stairs!"
2009-08-20 8:31 PM

User image

Lafayette, CO
I really like Dr. Drexelius in western Centennial so close to Highlands Ranch.  He has been very supportive of my efforts and is a runner himself.  However, last time I referred someone they weren't taking new patients at the time (husband/wife practice).  Unfortunately, I've moved north and will be leaving his practice as I can't see myself driving down for much especially since my work provides a physician's assistant on-site 2 mornings a week who can prescribe and do bloodwork. 

If any of the women out there need a ob/gyn I highly, highly, highly recommend Dr. Asela Russell and the entire Center for Women's Health.  I'm totally devoted to her and will drive down to see her.  She has patients that have moved out of state and schedule annual vacations to come back here and include a visit to her in the schedule.  I usually get called back before I'm even done paying there and that's just the start of the fabulous service and care. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anybody have a doctor? Rss Feed