General Discussion Triathlon Talk » getting full wetsuit off over timing strap - best strategy? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2008-08-15 10:02 PM

New user

Subject: getting full wetsuit off over timing strap - best strategy?

OK, this must be a newbie question, even though I'm not a newbie, but I can't remember how I dealt with this before.

What's the best way to make sure your full wetsuit comes off as quickly and as fuss-free as possible over the timing strap around your ankle?  Make sure the bottom of the wetsuit leg covers the strap?  Will the timing strap still work even when it's covered by several millimeters of neoprene?

Thanks for any tips!
-Buck

2008-08-15 10:11 PM
in reply to: #1607476

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California
Subject: RE: getting full wetsuit off over timing strap - best strategy?

It works just fine under the wetsuit.  Personally, I usually don't have my wetsuit all the way down to the ankle - it sits higher up so that it is more comfortable on my shoulders.  The timing chip is a little bit under.

I haven't really had problems getting the wetsuit off with the timing chip on.  When I come out of the water, I get the wetsuit down half way.  In transition, I get it down to the ankles and just pull it off firmly.  The chip has stayed in place fine. 

2008-08-15 10:50 PM
in reply to: #1607488

User image

Artemis - 2008-08-15 8:11 PM

It works just fine under the wetsuit.  Personally, I usually don't have my wetsuit all the way down to the ankle - it sits higher up so that it is more comfortable on my shoulders.  The timing chip is a little bit under.

I haven't really had problems getting the wetsuit off with the timing chip on.  When I come out of the water, I get the wetsuit down half way.  In transition, I get it down to the ankles and just pull it off firmly.  The chip has stayed in place fine. 

Ditto.  In T1 I pull it all the way down then step on it and pull one leg up forcefully, repeat, and never had an issue, whether it was under the wetsuit or below the bottom of the wetsuit.

2008-08-16 1:26 AM

User image

Elite
DC Metro, slowly working my way to NC

Make sure your strap is not OVER the outside of your wetsuit...

I may or may not have ended up with my watch over the wrist of my wetsuit in my first tri - and let me tell you, that does NOT work well when trying to get said wetsuit off, because it WILL get caught on the wetsuit.

Fortunately I was still so deliriously happy that I had not drowned on the swim, I found the entire situation very amusing as I wrestled myself out of the wetsuit and laughed my way through my very long T1.

2008-08-17 2:48 PM

New user

Thanks for the answers guys!
-Buck

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » getting full wetsuit off over timing strap - best strategy? Rss Feed