BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Enders_Shadow's group - FULL for now Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 16

2009-01-14 4:48 PM
in reply to: #1856410

User image

Elite
Renton, Washington
Subject: RE: Enders_Shadow's group - FULL for now

Thanks for that link Kristen! Looks perfect. Will get my hubby to help me.  I am off home to bed. I feel so bad right now

I will make sure I return inspires! I promise. Hope everyone is feeling ok! It's that time of year I guess. 

2009-01-15 5:38 AM

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...
Feel better Lynne!

We made it over the hump! Happy Thursday!
2009-01-15 6:55 PM

User image

Regular
Made it back from Omaha, where it was a balmy -11 this morning. Good thing I had about a 20 foot walk from my car to the door.

Seems like everyone on the East coast is going to get hit with this weather soon enough. Stay Warm!!

Already feeling tired from the trip, so I am going to take the day off workout wise and hopefully get a good night's rest.

Hope everyone had a good day!!

2009-01-15 7:05 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

-11??????  YIKES!  Glad you made it home!

I am going to go running in a while when hubby gets back...I am a cranky lady today.  Every day this week has been full of just me and the kids with no breaks and bad nights of sleep + sick kids.....argh. I really need to buy new running shoes but may do that during preschool hours tomorrow so I don't have time against me. 

I did book my tix to Chicago in Feb for 3 nights.  I will certainly freeze my butt off, but hopefully get a good taste of Chicago culture, as well.  I decided to make it a longer trip so we can actually get some relaxing done, not just rush rush rush to Oprah and rush rush rush home.  I'm all ears if anyone has must-sees for Chicago.  I went to kindergarten there and have been there a couple of times since...but I don't know my way around AT ALL....

I hope everyone is getting their workouts in. I have to say that I've been awesome at logging my food, eating pretty clean, and drinking a ton of water...so that's good.  My workouts haven't been as frequent as my plan calls for, but hopefully next week I will be back to normal, as long as there is no illness, snow days, holidays (crap, Monday is a holiday)....well, I am working on it. I have a mountain bike ride on Saturday, a poker ride, which will be fun.  If Lynne is better she will also be logging that one!

2009-01-15 11:25 PM

User image

Elite
Renton, Washington

I'm hoping to be better! I've sucked up vitamins and all sorts of other cold remedies!  I hope they work. My aero bars arrived today so I'm going to see if Ron can help me fit them and then maybe try a test drive with them. 

I just hope I can sleep tonight as I think it will help me greatly! I seriously do NOT want to miss Saturday's ride!! Nooooo!!! I will be devastated!

2009-01-16 8:14 AM
in reply to: #1910855

User image

Champion
bwoglom - 2009-01-15 7:55 PM

Made it back from Omaha, where it was a balmy -11 this morning. Good thing I had about a 20 foot walk from my car to the door.

Seems like everyone on the East coast is going to get hit with this weather soon enough. Stay Warm!!

Already feeling tired from the trip, so I am going to take the day off workout wise and hopefully get a good night's rest.

Hope everyone had a good day!!

Yeah - the east coast got hit. It's 15 degrees right now... Brrr. (And you realize our blood here in the south is a bit thin.)

Hope the rest day makes you feel great!

2009-01-16 8:15 AM
in reply to: #1910869

User image

Champion
You'll have a great time in Chicago, Leslie! Sounds like fun.

Congrats on the food logging and the workouts!
2009-01-16 8:16 AM
in reply to: #1911284

User image

Champion
Triathlynne - 2009-01-16 12:25 AM

I'm hoping to be better! I've sucked up vitamins and all sorts of other cold remedies!  I hope they work. My aero bars arrived today so I'm going to see if Ron can help me fit them and then maybe try a test drive with them. 

I just hope I can sleep tonight as I think it will help me greatly! I seriously do NOT want to miss Saturday's ride!! Nooooo!!! I will be devastated!

Fun fun with aerobars...I'm getting a lot more used to them on the trainer than I was able to outside...yeah, I know - I'll have to get used to them outside too!

Hope you and Leslie have a great ride tomorrow. It'll be 6 degrees here - I will NOT be riding outside.
2009-01-16 8:17 AM

User image

Champion
Happy Friday, all!

Because I'm a wimp, I'm going to drudge through my long run on the treadmill later today. Wish me much patience and mental strength.

My hubby's birthday is Monday so he & I are going to dinner tonight. I will NOT be following my diet...we're going to a Brazilian churrascuria (the all-you-can-eat carve-meat-at-your-table kind of place). Mmmm. Meat.
2009-01-16 10:40 AM
in reply to: #1911604

User image

Expert

Ooh, Churrascuria sounds really good...  I am jealous!

What's on tap for the weekend, aside from staying warm, for everyone?  I want to try to get to the pool- it has been awhile...

2009-01-16 3:54 PM

User image

Elite
Renton, Washington
Man I am still feeling pretty crappy! Not quite as sick to my stomach feeling as yesterday but I can't stop coughing and my throat is just so painful!!  Urgh. It's annoying.  I'm not sure about the Stinky Spoke bike tomorrow. I'm just worried being cold and wet will make me much worse.  So as for my weekend...it's going to be rather laid back. All I  want to do is sleep. 

2009-01-16 4:24 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

Lynne, I don't think the bike ride will do you any good tomorrow.  I will miss you...but maybe if you are better we can hook up over the weekend. No school on Monday (grumblegrumble).  Can't we just have a week with all five days of school, nobody sick, no snow days, no holidays??  Please!!

I managed to run, swim and do my Shred DVD today.  Feeling pretty proud of myself!  I've been eating well but my body is darn slow to respond.  I think I am not eating enough calories--doing the water challenge keeps my tummy full of water so I don't feel very hungry most of the time.  We'll see over the next few weeks if  I suddenly am way too small for my pants....so far, not a problem unfortunately.  I just found out that insurance has denied my appeal for a breast reduction, based on totally different crap than they did the first time. Basically, they suck and I am stuck wearing nine bras to run for the rest of my life.  At least until we get different insurance that actually gives a damn about the people they insure.  If nothing else, it got me to get my mammogram out of the way, so that's done, and now I can look ahead to the season and not have six weeks of healing time to worry about.   Plus I got a coupon that my favorite bras are all on sale today....so I am buying some.  And I got around to buying new running shoes today--same Nike Triax that I like but in BLACK! If you know me...you know that's a definite plus.

This weekend I have that 16 mile mountain bike ride, and Sunday I might go join a friend who is running laps around Greenlake for marathon training.....if not that, then a long run for me on Sunday somewhere.  I hope you all have wonderful weekends!

Edit:  If anyone needs bras, go to breakoutbras.com.  I have coupon codes depending on how much you buy..you can save 10-20%.  PM me if you want the codes!

Edited by Medusa_Ann 2009-01-16 5:03 PM
2009-01-17 9:26 AM

User image

Regular
Good morning everyone!!

My son slept 10 hours straight last night, which is by far a new record, so I am all ready to go this morning.

The snow yesterday and my sore right achilles has thrown a loop into my plans to head to the trial and run 5 miles this morning. I think I am going to head to the gym and start to run there. If my leg starts feeling worse I'll stop and do something else. We'll see,

Hope everyone is feeling better and staying warm.

Random question: How do I add the links to everyone's blog onto mine? I see a bunch of you have that on yours.

2009-01-18 9:03 AM

User image

Champion
Yikes! Sorry guys - this weekend has been chock-ful busy and I haven't been around much.
2009-01-18 9:08 AM

User image

Champion
Here, Brian - check out this link...it tells you how to put a team table in your blog...

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Here's a quick version...but the thread gives you a lot more detail:

1) Open your Control Panel.
2) Look for "Use rich edit box when composing messages?"
Set this to NO.
3) Scroll towards the bottom and click the SUBMIT button.
4) Come back to this page (and to the post that has the team table); hit QUOTE and you'll see a big list of text starting with an open caret and TABLE and ending with a forward slash, TABLE, and close caret. Highlight and copy all that code.
5) Then go to your goals or wherever you want the table and then paste. Save/apply the changes.

Let me know if that (plus the thread) doesn't help.
2009-01-18 9:10 AM
in reply to: #1912039

User image

Champion
momandmd - 2009-01-16 11:40 AM

Ooh, Churrascuria sounds really good...  I am jealous!

What's on tap for the weekend, aside from staying warm, for everyone?  I want to try to get to the pool- it has been awhile...

OMG - the churrascuria was amazing. We had never done that before...and we rolled out of there, full of meat. It was fantastic. (Of course, we topped off the night with a visit to a wine bar, so the evening was double fantastic.)

Yesterday (Saturday) all I could do was some stretching - busy plus a bit worn out from my 10 miles on the tready. Today I'll do a trainer ride and/or swim.

2009-01-18 9:10 AM
in reply to: #1912964

User image

Champion
Triathlynne - 2009-01-16 4:54 PM

Man I am still feeling pretty crappy! Not quite as sick to my stomach feeling as yesterday but I can't stop coughing and my throat is just so painful!!  Urgh. It's annoying.  I'm not sure about the Stinky Spoke bike tomorrow. I'm just worried being cold and wet will make me much worse.  So as for my weekend...it's going to be rather laid back. All I  want to do is sleep. 

FEEL BETTER!
2009-01-18 9:12 AM
in reply to: #1913020

User image

Champion
Medusa_Ann - 2009-01-16 5:24 PM

Lynne, I don't think the bike ride will do you any good tomorrow.  I will miss you...but maybe if you are better we can hook up over the weekend. No school on Monday (grumblegrumble).  Can't we just have a week with all five days of school, nobody sick, no snow days, no holidays??  Please!!

I managed to run, swim and do my Shred DVD today.  Feeling pretty proud of myself!  I've been eating well but my body is darn slow to respond.  I think I am not eating enough calories--doing the water challenge keeps my tummy full of water so I don't feel very hungry most of the time.  We'll see over the next few weeks if  I suddenly am way too small for my pants....so far, not a problem unfortunately.  I just found out that insurance has denied my appeal for a breast reduction, based on totally different crap than they did the first time. Basically, they suck and I am stuck wearing nine bras to run for the rest of my life.  At least until we get different insurance that actually gives a damn about the people they insure.  If nothing else, it got me to get my mammogram out of the way, so that's done, and now I can look ahead to the season and not have six weeks of healing time to worry about.   Plus I got a coupon that my favorite bras are all on sale today....so I am buying some.  And I got around to buying new running shoes today--same Nike Triax that I like but in BLACK! If you know me...you know that's a definite plus.

This weekend I have that 16 mile mountain bike ride, and Sunday I might go join a friend who is running laps around Greenlake for marathon training.....if not that, then a long run for me on Sunday somewhere.  I hope you all have wonderful weekends!

Edit:  If anyone needs bras, go to breakoutbras.com.  I have coupon codes depending on how much you buy..you can save 10-20%.  PM me if you want the codes!

Great job, Leslie. Bummer about your insurance...it sucks when they don't care about taking care of those people who actually are taking care of themselves. (Probably 'cause they're so busy paying for the folks that don't take care of themselves!) Sorry...

Whoo whoo on the new running shoes and thanks for the headsup on the website...I'll have to check it out.
2009-01-18 9:40 AM

User image

Expert

Happy Weekend!  We've had a nice weekend, and I got in a fairly long trainer ride yesterday. 

I need some training advice.  I am planning to do the mini-mussel sprint in July, but a good friend of mine is doing the Buffalo 1/2 marathon May 24th.  I'm thinking about trying it (I've never raced farther than 5 miles, but I have run 8 in training).  I'm worried about training at cross-purposes though.  I'd obviously try to do some swimming and biking workouts (maybe one a week) but if I'm doing 1/2 mary mileage I won't be able to do much more until May, and I'll be working on distance more than speed.  Anyone have experience with this kind of thing?

2009-01-18 1:19 PM
in reply to: #1914676

User image

Regular
enders_shadow - 2009-01-18 9:08 AM

Here, Brian - check out this link...it tells you how to put a team table in your blog...

Got it up and running, thanks!!

2009-01-19 11:42 AM

User image

Champion
Happy Monday, folks!

Who's off work today?

I'm at home with hubby - it's his birthday so we cleaned the attic.

2009-01-19 12:09 PM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest
I'm home today, like all days...but the kids are here too.  I am fighting a stupid cold so I am probably going to take it relatively easy...although the sun is out and my mom is here, so there's a chance I'll take a bike ride.  Plus my Shred DVD of course!  I also plan on doing a little shopping....I can justify a few things for my birthday trip and also a party (my husband and best friend planned a big bash, too!)....I need to get people invited now.  But that's neither here nor there...for now I just want to feel better and move on with my day.
2009-01-19 1:49 PM

User image

Elite
Renton, Washington
Good morning. My plans are just to survive the day I guess. Was up during the night coughing again and early this morning with an upset stomach.  Oh well. 
2009-01-19 3:27 PM

User image

Regular
Sorry to hear about everyone fighting off various sicknesses. I still have a cough, but I think I at the tail end of it. Of course I am sure it is only a matter of days until the next cold.

I have today off as well, so I am spending it cleaning up and spending time with the family. I am off to Michigan tomorrow night, so the workout schedule is going to be a little erratic this week.

Have a good rest of the day
2009-01-19 3:29 PM
in reply to: #1916735

User image

Champion
bwoglom - 2009-01-19 4:27 PM

Sorry to hear about everyone fighting off various sicknesses. I still have a cough, but I think I at the tail end of it. Of course I am sure it is only a matter of days until the next cold.

I have today off as well, so I am spending it cleaning up and spending time with the family. I am off to Michigan tomorrow night, so the workout schedule is going to be a little erratic this week.

Have a good rest of the day

Where are you headed in Michigan? My whole in-law side of the family is from Grand Rapids.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Enders_Shadow's group - FULL for now Rss Feed  

of 16