BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dexter and Marmadaddy's Group: CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 19

2010-01-13 10:01 AM
in reply to: #2577385

User image

Chelsea, MI
Subject: RE: Dexter and Marmadaddy's Group: CLOSED
Great job, FB, and I'm so glad to hear Megan's doing well, Jo. I'm really impressed with this group - you all are working hard to overcome whatever life's throwing at you. I'm on facebook as well.

2010-01-13 10:13 AM

User image

Veteran
Northwest Arkansas
OK.  Turns out I had my facebook security screwed down so tightly nobody could find me.  I've fixed it now (I think).  Sorry for the general post here but for some reason the PM's I've sent are stuck in my outbox.  ???

Anyway, if you want to find me on FB here's how.

2010-01-13 12:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Golden, CO
You all are a great inspiration! I am enjoying your posts and logs. We are really building a sense of community here and it is really so great! I know a lot of you are like me...mostly doing this by yourselves...a little help now and then from a friend...but mostly alone. So, it is great to share the accomplishments and stumbles with you all. thanks! And Happy Wed. all.
2010-01-13 3:13 PM
in reply to: #2610770

User image

Master
Canandaigua
FBTrin - 2010-01-12 9:42 PM
Isn't it great to feel pumped every once in a while!  The best part is the confidence I have right now.  I am really looking forward to running tomorrow after work.

Thanks for reading.  I have really appreciated the positive support from this group which has drawn me out a little as well as provided some friendly accountability.  Thanks.

Thanks for sharing.  Moving is good and getting pumped up is better.  Keep up with the nutrition.
2010-01-13 5:46 PM
in reply to: #2610770

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire
FBtrin never be sorry for sharing the ups and downs that come with trying to lose weight and exercise. Im in the same space as you on that and have tried over the years to lose it too. work for me is also very intense so i share the problems of trying to maintain a healthy eating balance.

great work on the exercise, its the high days like today that get you through the low.  Keep going down 2 at midweek is a great start for a 4-5 lb loss week.
2010-01-13 7:24 PM

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

Shout out to my friends:  I need your input.  I want your opinions.

The team I am on requires 5 triathlon/bike races/duathlons during the season.  I am registered for 3 already.  I plan on registering for the other 2 ASAP.  There is a coupon for elite endeavors (event production company) that expires on Jan. 18.  I leave in the afternoon to go to Tampa for work (I wish I could stay home with my daughter, I will be missing taking care of her and a singing competition-solo ensemble   ) until Sunday so I need to think and act soon. 

I want to do an olympic distance.  I just am not sure if I want to do a du or a tri.  So here are the pros for the tri:  Swim-my weakness, never competed with a 1500m distance, easier than a 5k; cons- swimming-I no longer have a coach and I don't swim much.  I will be starting a plan but my weakness; 5 strong people in my AG and I've never ever placed, even by default (important to the team and bragging rights).  Pros for the du: I don't have to swim, decreased anxiety, no one in my AG last year; cons-hard on lower body, harder than tri, I am a 10-12 min/mile runner, it is usually scorching out in August in Ohio and the swim would keep me cooler. 

Please give me opinion:  Olympic Tri or Du (1500m swim or 5k/40k/10k)

2010-01-14 8:04 AM
in reply to: #2612740

User image

Veteran
jogo - 2010-01-13 8:24 PM

The team I am on requires 5 triathlon/bike races/duathlons during the season.  I am registered for 3 already.  I plan on registering for the other 2 ASAP.  There is a coupon for elite endeavors (event production company) that expires on Jan. 18.  I leave in the afternoon to go to Tampa for work (I wish I could stay home with my daughter, I will be missing taking care of her and a singing competition-solo ensemble   ) until Sunday so I need to think and act soon. 

I want to do an olympic distance.  I just am not sure if I want to do a du or a tri.  So here are the pros for the tri:  Swim-my weakness, never competed with a 1500m distance, easier than a 5k; cons- swimming-I no longer have a coach and I don't swim much.  I will be starting a plan but my weakness; 5 strong people in my AG and I've never ever placed, even by default (important to the team and bragging rights).  Pros for the du: I don't have to swim, decreased anxiety, no one in my AG last year; cons-hard on lower body, harder than tri, I am a 10-12 min/mile runner, it is usually scorching out in August in Ohio and the swim would keep me cooler. 

My vote is the Olympic Tri (only because it is on my goal list and I need others to be doing their first so we can encourage each other to make it happen) but on the other hand you have to do what feels right, which one will challenge you the most that you think you can be ready for? Enjoy the time in Tampa, I hate traveling but at least you are going somewhere warm. At least I think it will be warm now.
2010-01-14 8:14 AM
in reply to: #2612740

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northwest Louisiana
jogo - 2010-01-13 7:24 PM

Quickly here....since you're already doing 3 tris and training for those, an Olympic could be your "A" race that you could focus on, especially for the swim. Now, knowing that you want to get points, then a DU would be better based on last year's list of peeps. However, which is more important...personal goals or take it for the team? I think you'll be pleased that you challenged yourself in the Olympic and who knows, perhaps not everyone will show back up this year from last year's list and hey, people might move to a different AG too.

So my vote is for the Olympic too.

Have a good day folks!! I was muy busy yesterday and didn't have time to inspire or check on folks. I apologize. Hope to catch up with you guys later.

2010-01-14 11:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Northwest Arkansas
Sorry I haven't checked on anyone's status lately.  I haven't even had time to enter my nutrition info.  I'll be back soon, just really busy lately.
2010-01-14 12:25 PM

User image

Master
Canandaigua
Jogo, Oly go for it. 
2010-01-14 2:41 PM

User image

Chelsea, MI
Okay folks, need a kick in the pants. I do great when I plan ahead (last week is a terrific example), and exceptionally poorly when I don't (the last two days are a good example of that). I'm still trying to make planning a habit, but sometimes I'm just tired and have trouble focusing; then when I'm rested and could do it, I'm in the busy rush of the day and it's too late. Ideas?

2010-01-14 6:44 PM
in reply to: #2614389

User image

Veteran
Heather,Looks like you have a plan on your main page, just follow that and do the best you can, even if you do a small portion. Half the battle for me is just showing up and that means at the gym, or just putting my running shoes on as a start. Or jumping in the pool and not worrying about how far I am going to go. What ever I can do to move me towards that workout, getting the running shorts out and having them ready. Whatever it takes....I have to play little games with myself to move me towards that workout, put the running shoes in my way even if I trip over them, put post it notes up as a reminder....what ever it takes....
2010-01-14 7:30 PM

User image

Bob
Binghamton, NY
Hey everyone! I hope everyone's new year is going well and you are keeping up with any goals you have made.

Mike, I had a confuser question in my group I was hoping you could help with.
NashinAK
Posted 2010-01-11 5:06 PM (#2608359 - in reply to #2579109)
Subject: RE: Bob Stocks Group - Closed
Quote Reply

I thought I would just post something....anything...so that our thread wouldn't be at the bottom.

I have a question.  I am having a hard time loading a profile picture.  I know it needs to be scaled down to size in order to fit.  I have tried that and am still getting an error message.  Could it be because I am using a Mac?  I'v tried several different images.

Thanks in advance. 
Thanks for any input!
2010-01-14 8:49 PM
in reply to: #2614389

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northwest Louisiana
HNewman - 2010-01-14 2:41 PM Okay folks, need a kick in the pants. I do great when I plan ahead (last week is a terrific example), and exceptionally poorly when I don't (the last two days are a good example of that). I'm still trying to make planning a habit, but sometimes I'm just tired and have trouble focusing; then when I'm rested and could do it, I'm in the busy rush of the day and it's too late. Ideas?

I'm not very good at kicking people in the pants.....

I so know what you're talking about. For me, (if it wasn't for my crossfit schedule) I have a hard time doing workouts if I wait until after work. I am often tired, or I can just make an excuse to not do it. What works best for me is if I plan the night before, lay out my clothes and shoes and set the alarm and psych myself up the night before and PLAN for a workout the next morning.

As you said, planning is the key. And this is the purpose of our group...accountability. I guess we need to kick more around here......LOL!!
2010-01-15 3:32 PM

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire
hey all

hows it going. Been a bit absent this week on the inspires. Sorry!!! Thanks to those that have dropped me one. Well the weekend has come around again. What has everyone got going on. Im hoping to get a run in tonight, swim 2mrw and a ride of some sort on sunday. Well thats the plan
Have a great day
2010-01-15 3:39 PM

User image

Chelsea, MI
Long run on Saturday - going with hubby, our daughter has a Girl Scout program at a local metropark and we're going to run while she's working on it - and the half-century cycling class on Sunday.

2010-01-15 7:24 PM

User image

Veteran
Need to fit a brick in tomorrow some how, have to try and get up early and bike and run before going to look at an apartment for my daughter up at school, 2 hour drive. It will be nice to see her, even though she has only been back to school for a week, then watch some football games. On Sunday want to try and scope out trail run for next weeks 5k, maybe do a slow run and see what the trail is like. Should be fun, I love running trails...Hope everyone has a great weekend and gets in some good runs, bikes, swims....fun, family...and a little food.
2010-01-15 10:05 PM

User image

Veteran
Golden, CO
since my pool escapades yesterday and today-I will brick both days this weekend swim and run and swim and bike to catch up to the plan. Luckily, my pottery class starts on Saturday so that will put me at one rec center tomorrow sith the pool conveniently placed right downstairs. I meet a girlfriend every sunday at another rec center so shouldn't have a problem getting these workouts in. And weighing in Sunday-woopee. How is everyone doing with nutrition? Must confess went to Taco bell for dinner tonight. bad bad bad, but every once in a while i get the itch! Is anyone racing this weekend?
2010-01-15 10:25 PM
in reply to: #2616883

User image

Veteran
Golden, CO
Hollz - 2010-01-15 9:05 PM since my pool escapades yesterday and today-I will brick both days this weekend swim and run and swim and bike to catch up to the plan. Luckily, my pottery class starts on Saturday so that will put me at one rec center tomorrow sith the pool conveniently placed right downstairs. I meet a girlfriend every sunday at another rec center so shouldn't have a problem getting these workouts in. And weighing in Sunday-woopee. How is everyone doing with nutrition? Must confess went to Taco bell for dinner tonight. bad bad bad, but every once in a while i get the itch! Is anyone racing this weekend?

ah, just noticed Dud and Mike are racing this weekend..have a great one!
2010-01-16 11:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Northwest Arkansas
Decided to try a new calorie tracker since I'm not in the 21st century and have an iPhone.  I downloaded the LoseIt app and will give it a try.  I like the idea of having a way to record foods on the spot so I don't have to remember when I get home.  I don't like having to reenter all of my meals and foods on the iPhone.  We'll see how it goes.  Anyone else using this app?

2010-01-16 11:29 AM

User image

Veteran
Northwest Arkansas
If you get a chance to watch the movie "Morning Light" I highly recommend it.  Netflix has it on demand.

2010-01-16 11:45 AM

User image

Master
Canandaigua
Great day for a race up here around 35 degrees and kinda sunny.  Third in a series of 6.  Mike ran a low 23, I hit 25:30.  Lot better then last years race as the high was 6 degrees.  Kinda started fast and slowed down as always.  Mike and I are hitting the road again tomorrow for a long run.  Hope everyone is getting some fun training in today and tomorrow. 

I'm gonna shower and watch a game or two. 
2010-01-16 12:01 PM
in reply to: #2617317

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire

Great running today guys especially in the chilly conditions. when is the next race

Weigh In day Today

Considering only 3 days of training this week i have managed to drop a further 3lbs which i am happy with. Hopefully drop below the 224 this week which will be a milestone. Still on for the stone in a month. Been a bit hit and miss on the training only managed running this week. Trying to plan the weeks training as on the road for the mid part with work. Will take swimming gear and try and find a pool to train in on one of the nights.

Hope everyone has had a successful week.
Gonna join some of you in watching the games tonight. We have the Arizona v New orleans game starting around 9:30 over here. ( Go warner ) will it turn into a shoot out like last week.

2010-01-16 12:19 PM

User image

Veteran
Northwest Arkansas
Is there a graph anywhere on BT that shows your weight loss/gain trend?
2010-01-16 4:17 PM
in reply to: #2617347

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire
Its the mid month point so time to review my goals for January. Below is an earlier segment I posted
Personnel Goals for January

Complete a 5km non stop by end of January ( time irrespective for jan )
Reduce 400m swim time to 9 minutes from current 10:20
Complete the 20km training ride in sub 47 minutes.
Weight loss 10lbs

If I achieve the run part of the goals. I will look to enter a winter duathlon in february

Well so far so good
5km non stop  - COMPLETED. did 2 x 6.7km runs last week - still cant figure this!!
Reduce 400m to 9mins - On course as last swim was 9:38
Ride in sub 47 - this is in jeopardy as weather has prevented the riding so far
lose 10lbs - 6 down, 4 to go

happy with most areas to date. Hope your all doing well against your goals.

Damn New Orleans look strong jut gone up 21-7
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Dexter and Marmadaddy's Group: CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 19