BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Briderdt and Lkct's Mentor Group - CLOSED for training! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 16

2011-01-26 3:03 PM
in reply to: #3322839

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Subject: RE: Briderdt and Lkct's Mentor Group - CLOSED for training!
Mary A - 2011-01-26 10:50 AM I wish I could train during a lunch break, but I don't usually get one!!!  Most of my training is before work or weekends.

Headed to Arizona for a conference, back on Sunday night.  I packed running clothes-- ask me on Monday if I used them.  If I know someone will check, maybe i'll be more likely to run...

I'm going to check at 5:15 am on Monday morning...   (Pacific time)

Edited by briderdt 2011-01-26 3:04 PM

2011-01-27 6:26 AM
in reply to: #3256444

User image

Master
MidWest
OK, so last night during Zumba the instructor (if you want to call her that--she was awful) told us that we were only going to Zumba for 50 minutes then do 10 minutes of ABS work.  Not really a big deal, but the way she leads Zumba has lots of belly dance moves in it!  On top of that we had a major ABS workout the night before during team training. 

Fast forward to this morning.  I can hardly move!  My ABS are so tight that it hurts to breathe.  I know it will get better in time, but we have team training again and, yet, another challenge starting.  I know this part is TMI, but it also hurts to go to the bathroom. 

Tonight is our first weigh-in after the initial one.  I started off at 148.5, so we will hope and pray for a lower number.  I've had a few splurges in the food department, but nothing drastic.  For instance, last night I was craving McDonald's, so I stopped and had a McDouble without the bread. 

I did suggest to our trainer Tuesday night that he might try to incorporate some aqua jogging in our workouts.  He said he would see what he could do.  I'm doing my first go-round with that Saturday morning while Mike is at Tri Club swim lessons.
2011-01-27 8:05 AM
in reply to: #3324048

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA
BAMBAM66 - 2011-01-27 6:26 AM OK, so last night during Zumba the instructor (if you want to call her that--she was awful) told us that we were only going to Zumba for 50 minutes then do 10 minutes of ABS work.  Not really a big deal, but the way she leads Zumba has lots of belly dance moves in it!  On top of that we had a major ABS workout the night before during team training. 

Fast forward to this morning.  I can hardly move!  My ABS are so tight that it hurts to breathe.  I know it will get better in time, but we have team training again and, yet, another challenge starting.  I know this part is TMI, but it also hurts to go to the bathroom. 

Tonight is our first weigh-in after the initial one.  I started off at 148.5, so we will hope and pray for a lower number.  I've had a few splurges in the food department, but nothing drastic.  For instance, last night I was craving McDonald's, so I stopped and had a McDouble without the bread. 

I did suggest to our trainer Tuesday night that he might try to incorporate some aqua jogging in our workouts.  He said he would see what he could do.  I'm doing my first go-round with that Saturday morning while Mike is at Tri Club swim lessons.

You did Zumba AND then your team challenges?!?!?  Am I the only one thinking you're pushing a bit too hard??

And a McDouble WITH the bread isn't all that bad meal wise.  I sometimes have that (no fries) and it's not an unhealthy meal.  390 calories for a McDouble WITH the bread.  That's not even enough for a full meal, if you're doing 3 meals a day.   

I think you need to cut yourself some slack and not harp on your otherwise healthy routine.  One splurge a week is completely acceptable - in my mind.  I also find if you don't let yourself have what you want you end up eating worse....(the other night I wanted a beer, and instead I had tons of candy...)

ETA:  This of course is just my 2 cents. 

ALSO...I sometimes  had a McDouble with ONE of the slices of bread...the one that had the cheese or other stuff stuck to it.  The bread, according to McD's website is 150 calories for a regular bun.  You cut that in half and you almost have calories for a good snack!  With protein!!

Edited by lkct01234 2011-01-27 8:08 AM
2011-01-27 8:11 AM
in reply to: #3324202

User image

Master
MidWest
lkct01234 - 2011-01-27 8:05 AM
BAMBAM66 - 2011-01-27 6:26 AM OK, so last night during Zumba the instructor (if you want to call her that--she was awful) told us that we were only going to Zumba for 50 minutes then do 10 minutes of ABS work. Not really a big deal, but the way she leads Zumba has lots of belly dance moves in it! On top of that we had a major ABS workout the night before during team training.

Fast forward to this morning. I can hardly move! My ABS are so tight that it hurts to breathe. I know it will get better in time, but we have team training again and, yet, another challenge starting. I know this part is TMI, but it also hurts to go to the bathroom.

Tonight is our first weigh-in after the initial one. I started off at 148.5, so we will hope and pray for a lower number. I've had a few splurges in the food department, but nothing drastic. For instance, last night I was craving McDonald's, so I stopped and had a McDouble without the bread.

I did suggest to our trainer Tuesday night that he might try to incorporate some aqua jogging in our workouts. He said he would see what he could do. I'm doing my first go-round with that Saturday morning while Mike is at Tri Club swim lessons.

You did Zumba AND then your team challenges?!?!? Am I the only one thinking you're pushing a bit too hard??

And a McDouble WITH the bread isn't all that bad meal wise. I sometimes have that (no fries) and it's not an unhealthy meal. 390 calories for a McDouble WITH the bread. That's not even enough for a full meal, if you're doing 3 meals a day.

I think you need to cut yourself some slack and not harp on your otherwise healthy routine. One splurge a week is completely acceptable - in my mind. I also find if you don't let yourself have what you want you end up eating worse....(the other night I wanted a beer, and instead I had tons of candy...)

ETA: This of course is just my 2 cents.

ALSO...I sometimes had a McDouble with ONE of the slices of bread...the one that had the cheese or other stuff stuck to it. The bread, according to McD's website is 150 calories for a regular bun. You cut that in half and you almost have calories for a good snack! With protein!!

Maybe I wasn't clear.  Team workout was on Tuesday and then Zumba on Wednesday.  Tonight is our next training session.  Workout challenge starts on the 26th.
2011-01-28 8:31 AM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
The weekend is almost here! What's in store for this weekend?
2011-01-28 11:35 AM
in reply to: #3326437

User image

Veteran
briderdt - 2011-01-28 8:31 AM The weekend is almost here! What's in store for this weekend?

The weather is supposed to be fantastic here on Saturday.  Clear, dry and in the 60s. 

I'm planning on taking full advantage of the weather and daylight and getting a good bike ride in.

2011-01-28 12:35 PM
in reply to: #3324214

User image

New user

CT
Sorry I have been MIA for a bit.  It has been snowing so much here I have been doing not much more then shoveling...shoveling...and shoveling!  I help clear my yard, my 2 neighbors yards, and my parents.  We have had over 60 inches of snow in the last month and we don't have any where else to put it.  Of course we are expecting more snow on Wednesday!  Does shoveling for hours count toward my exercise goals??  I don't know how many calories it burns but I do know I am exhausted! 
I am so glad to see someone else doing Zumba!  I just started taking a class myself.  I decided that because I can't run outside right now without running in the middle of the street (did I mention the snow!) I had to do something.  Well, let me tell you...it was a great workout for me!  I have been a dance instructor so I was able to catch on to somethings quickly but boy did I sweat!  It has been 4 days since my class and I am still feeling it. 
I am jealous of those of you that are enjoying nice weather right now...I so want to be outside.  I actually did try to run the other day but I turned around and went back in the house because it was -2 degrees outside...my nose kept sticking together and my eyes were watering so bad I coudn't see.
I can't wait til March 20th for my first 5K run!
2011-01-28 2:35 PM
in reply to: #3327140

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Shoveling snow definitely counts for exercise!
2011-01-30 7:12 PM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Okay, I've gotta brag about my wife...

This morning, we got up to do a run. This was her "long run" day, and the plan was to do it as a run/walk, just get the time in, however it happens. So we drove to the Foothills Trail, got out, and got going. She wanted to do a half hour out, then turn around. Well, we got to a half hour, and by the time we turned around it was 31 minutes. She thought she wouldn't do as much running on the way back, but not only did she do as much or more, she made it with negative splits!

My second run later in the day... not as much fun.
2011-01-30 7:54 PM

User image

Kennesaw
I have had a bad week.  Last Sunday I ran 8 miles and then I did not get in a single minute of exercise since then.  We had to build a pinewood derby car for scouts, go to basketball games, doctors, dentist, then I had open house at school, and yesterday I got to make a trip to the ER with my 2 yr old.  I finally got to run 5.5 today.  It didn't feel great but at least I finally did something.  I am hoping this week will be calmer. 
2011-01-30 8:39 PM

User image

Master
MidWest
Finally got to the gym late this afternoon.  I was already planning on going to the Body Flow class at 5, just wasn't sure if extra workouts would be before or after.  They were after.  I spent 25 minutes on the indoor track alternating walking and running.  I liked the Body Flow class, but it ends with 10 minutes of physical and mental relaxation, so following it with a run is not the best option.  I'm planning on doing it again but I will do whatever BEFORE.

2011-01-30 8:40 PM

User image

Jackson, MS
Success!  Got in two workouts.  One easy run with one of my coworkers Cheryl.  3 miles in the beautiful sand.  Next day, one hour on a bike followed by a quick 15 min run.

Thanks for the accountability!!

I'm proud of Michael, too-- he did 30 miles on the bike Saturday!
2011-01-30 9:40 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Very please with my weekend:
Ran a fast 5-k on the treadmill on Friday followed by core and strength work.
Did a really good spin class on Saturday (I still don't have a bike yet. Hoping to get it back from the painter & mechanic by next weekend.) Then went bowling Saturday night, and bowled a 150-something and a 130-something, which is great for me, since I suck at bowling.
Today I went swimming with my boy. The pool was packed and I was exhausted from last night, so I banged out a really fast 500y and then cooled down for another 300 or so, and then watched my son take his swimming lesson.

And today's my birthday.
2011-01-30 10:03 PM
in reply to: #3329989

User image

Kennesaw
Happy birthday!!!  I am glad you had a great weekend on your birthdaySmile
2011-01-31 4:53 AM

Extreme Veteran
Chelsea, MI
Excercizewise i have done nothing.  Wife has been doing some spinning classes (yay wife!)  I've been building up a "new" commuter bike for when it gets lighter and warmer out.  I took an old Schwinn varsity and gave it a makeover with some old and new parts.  I'll post a pic later if I can find my camera.
2011-01-31 5:01 AM

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA

2011-01-31 5:03 AM
in reply to: #3327402

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA
briderdt - 2011-01-28 2:35 PM Shoveling snow definitely counts for exercise!

x 2...check out the Training Log - I bet it's there!!

SHOVELING is HARD work!!
2011-01-31 5:04 AM
in reply to: #3329824

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA
briderdt - 2011-01-30 7:12 PM Okay, I've gotta brag about my wife...

My second run later in the day... not as much fun.

You're sooo great! :-D
2011-01-31 11:20 AM
in reply to: #3329989

User image

Jackson, MS

jmk-brooklyn - 2011-01-30 9:40 PM And today's my birthday.

Happy birthday!  Hopefully you can give yourself a day of rest?  And way to swim...haven't done that in a while.

2011-01-31 2:49 PM
in reply to: #3327140

User image

New user

shannonlovley - 2011-01-28 1:35 PM Sorry I have been MIA for a bit.  It has been snowing so much here I have been doing not much more then shoveling...shoveling...and shoveling!  I help clear my yard, my 2 neighbors yards, and my parents.  We have had over 60 inches of snow in the last month and we don't have any where else to put it.  Of course we are expecting more snow on Wednesday!  Does shoveling for hours count toward my exercise goals??  I don't know how many calories it burns but I do know I am exhausted! 
I am so glad to see someone else doing Zumba!  I just started taking a class myself.  I decided that because I can't run outside right now without running in the middle of the street (did I mention the snow!) I had to do something.  Well, let me tell you...it was a great workout for me!  I have been a dance instructor so I was able to catch on to somethings quickly but boy did I sweat!  It has been 4 days since my class and I am still feeling it. 
I am jealous of those of you that are enjoying nice weather right now...I so want to be outside.  I actually did try to run the other day but I turned around and went back in the house because it was -2 degrees outside...my nose kept sticking together and my eyes were watering so bad I coudn't see.
I can't wait til March 20th for my first 5K run!

I would say that shoveling more than counts for exercise. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who had a hard time getting to exercise this week. I was sick in the beginning and then had a bunch of early meetings. Going to turn it around this week!!
2011-02-01 6:44 AM

User image

Master
MidWest
We have a major storm heading our way, so I'm not sure what workouts I'm going to get in.  I missed my workouts yesterday because of the roads.  Decided it was not worth driving on crap roads, so I stayed home with the grandson.  Good thing too, I don't think he is feeling good.  He is crabby and he is normally very good natured.

2011-02-01 9:06 AM
in reply to: #3332499

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
There's always something you can do, even if it isn't swim/bike/run/weights/etc. Put on some music and boogie the snowstorm away...
2011-02-02 12:21 PM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington
Since the MTB ride on Saturday, my lower back has been acting up... To the point where I took the day off yesterday and saw a chiropractor (one that I've seen before and ISN'T into the whole "need to see you every two weeks for maintenance" thing). It helped, along with a healthy dose of stretching last night. I'm going to try running again today (yes, Lisa, I PROMISE I'll take it easy) and see how it goes.
2011-02-03 7:43 AM

User image

Jackson, MS
Too cold and too tired to train.  Well, not for Michael, but for me.
Will try to get on the trainer tonight.
2011-02-03 8:10 AM

User image

Master
MidWest
Weigh-in is tonight and all I"ve accomplished is using the elliptical last night for a whopping 20 minutes.  I'm seriously contemplating working out this morning (since I have to take Trevor to his girlfriend's anyway), but not sure what it will do to my weigh-in.  I've heard that working out just prior to weigh-in is detrimental.  Any ideas?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Briderdt and Lkct's Mentor Group - CLOSED for training! Rss Feed  

of 16