Other Resources Challenge Me! » April - RUN GHOULIES RUN!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 43

2011-04-07 1:36 PM
in reply to: #3434597

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: April - RUN GHOULIES RUN!!!
ceilidh - 2011-04-07 1:29 PM
skrtrnr - 2011-04-07 2:25 PM

AFTERNOON GHOULIES.

its been a few days since ive been in the Village. 

woosh!  crazy busy....but its all good.

im finally feeling like im getting a handle on my new job and the schedule.

then my EX threw me under the bus.  he informs me that i would be dropped by his insurance - ok no surprise there - AT THE END OF THIS MONTH.  

which left me scrambling for coverage....

fortunately my little proactive self had everything lined up with a broker (back in January) so all i needed to do was make a phone call but it was looking i would go w/out coverage for the first six days in May.

ok, maybe NOT that big of a deal.  i'll just wrap myself up in bubble wrap and not leave the house for those six days.

geesh. what does a girl has to do to get a man to SIMPLY COMMUNICATE!!!!!!

this would be one of the reasons we are where we are.

i refused to be pizzled about it.  im not gonna be one of those harping ex wives that all they do is b^tch and moan about their dirty rotten scoundrels of an ex.

legally i had a right to 30 days notice.  just sayin.

AND i AM still the mother of your children.  that should count for something.

whatever.  done and over with.  and taken care of.  thankfully i am the proactive type.

stacieb

Good job covering your butt! Glad you are getting a grip on the job.

We missed you.

i am professional azz protector.

YEARS of practice!  

i am glad im getting a grip on the job too....it was a ROUGH couple of days feeling like i was losing my grip....i was soooo overwhelmed.  so so so overwhelmed.

it feels good to be missed....thanks Robin.

mwah!

stacieb

Edited by skrtrnr 2011-04-07 1:37 PM

2011-04-07 1:39 PM
in reply to: #3434608

User image

Champion
ironannekidd - 2011-04-07 1:35 PM
skrtrnr - 2011-04-07 2:32 PM

i was hoping to spin this morning but my youngest is sick sick sick.  

poor baby has been asleep most of the day today.

i am hoping to run tomorrow but its not looking too good.

we shall see.

stacieb

Kids shouldn't get sick!

Amen to that sistah.

and i dont know when its your baby its just so hard....

he hasnt been this sick in a while.

its nice to be able to be here though even if its just to watch him sleep.

that's the beauty of my job/schedule.

i wouldnt trade it for the world.

stacieb

2011-04-07 1:42 PM
in reply to: #3434576

User image

MotoQueen
ceilidh - 2011-04-07 1:21 PM
ironannekidd - 2011-04-07 1:42 PM

kns57 - 2011-04-07 1:29 PM I have three staff who have applied for other positions in the library system.  If any of them get them they would be promotions, so I'm glad they have applied.  Meanwhile, I am doing mock interviews with them, putting them through the wringer and challenging them with my questions.  It's fun. 

Fun AND evil!

Good for you!It is nice to have a boss that actually cares about their employees to help them out! If they all get the jobs, will you be able to hire replacements?

Yes.  One is my Assistant Branch Manager applying to be a Branch Manager.  Two are my Public Service Librarians applying to be Assistant Branch Managers.  And I already know that one of my Associates will be promoted to Public Service Librarian, but will be placed at another branch.  The way it works, you apply for the position, but you don't know what branch you will end up at.  And it is a snowball effect from the Branch Manager position on down.  As you fill a higher position from a lower one, that one opens up.  The only position that I don't know if I would get a replacement for is the Associate position.  They may send me someone from another branch, but then again, who knows. 

I do know from one of yesterdays meetings, that once our staffing level becomes critical for the whole system, we will be cutting back on hours.  Just don't know what hours yet.  My opinion is to close us on Sundays.  They figured when we opened the branches on Sundays about 8 years ago that it was costing the system 1 million to do that.  So, I figure that if we close on Sundays, and we have 4 more branches now than we did then, we should save at least a million.  And that million is basically in staffing.  We would not need so many supervisors and staff if we were not having to spread schedules out over 7 days a week.

Okay, I'm done. for now.

2011-04-07 1:45 PM
in reply to: #3424791

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd

Speaking of kids... most of my husbands family is either over an hour away doing mission work at a church camp this week, or home with sick kids. My MIL and SIL who normally watch my kids left today for Indiana. The kiddos have early dismissals today and tomorrow for parent conferences. I made plans with my mom to get the kiddos off the bus. I called and called and called, and no one answered. I was starting to panic that she forgot, she doesn't have the best grandmothering skills. I finally got in touch with them and she has my kiddos. I was worried though.

In the past when my mom had my nephew she never fed him. She didn't feed my daughter one time, either. The next time she had my daughter she gave her a bowl of whipped cream. I think she's losing her mind honestly. I don't ask her to watch them much because of this.

2011-04-07 1:45 PM
in reply to: #3434610

User image

MotoQueen
skrtrnr - 2011-04-07 1:36 PM
ceilidh - 2011-04-07 1:29 PM
skrtrnr - 2011-04-07 2:25 PM

AFTERNOON GHOULIES.

its been a few days since ive been in the Village. 

woosh!  crazy busy....but its all good.

im finally feeling like im getting a handle on my new job and the schedule.

then my EX threw me under the bus.  he informs me that i would be dropped by his insurance - ok no surprise there - AT THE END OF THIS MONTH.  

which left me scrambling for coverage....

fortunately my little proactive self had everything lined up with a broker (back in January) so all i needed to do was make a phone call but it was looking i would go w/out coverage for the first six days in May.

ok, maybe NOT that big of a deal.  i'll just wrap myself up in bubble wrap and not leave the house for those six days.

geesh. what does a girl has to do to get a man to SIMPLY COMMUNICATE!!!!!!

this would be one of the reasons we are where we are.

i refused to be pizzled about it.  im not gonna be one of those harping ex wives that all they do is b^tch and moan about their dirty rotten scoundrels of an ex.

legally i had a right to 30 days notice.  just sayin.

AND i AM still the mother of your children.  that should count for something.

whatever.  done and over with.  and taken care of.  thankfully i am the proactive type.

stacieb

Good job covering your butt! Glad you are getting a grip on the job.

We missed you.

i am professional azz protector.

YEARS of practice!  

i am glad im getting a grip on the job too....it was a ROUGH couple of days feeling like i was losing my grip....i was soooo overwhelmed.  so so so overwhelmed.

it feels good to be missed....thanks Robin.

mwah!

stacieb

Stacie.  Great job on being prepared.  And, if anything happens in those six days of no coverage, send the bill to your ex.  Hope you have the notice in writing and not by phone.  That way you have proof he didn't give you the 30 days. 

2011-04-07 1:48 PM
in reply to: #3434638

User image

MotoQueen
ironannekidd - 2011-04-07 1:45 PM

Speaking of kids... most of my husbands family is either over an hour away doing mission work at a church camp this week, or home with sick kids. My MIL and SIL who normally watch my kids left today for Indiana. The kiddos have early dismissals today and tomorrow for parent conferences. I made plans with my mom to get the kiddos off the bus. I called and called and called, and no one answered. I was starting to panic that she forgot, she doesn't have the best grandmothering skills. I finally got in touch with them and she has my kiddos. I was worried though.

In the past when my mom had my nephew she never fed him. She didn't feed my daughter one time, either. The next time she had my daughter she gave her a bowl of whipped cream. I think she's losing her mind honestly. I don't ask her to watch them much because of this.

Wow, Ann.  Scary.  glad she got the kids.  I don't think we ever stop worrying about our kids, no matter their age.

User image

MotoQueen
Ann TOPPAGE!!!
in reply to: #3434648

User image

Champion

kns57 - 2011-04-07 2:48 PM Ann TOPPAGE!!!

WOOHOO!

2011-04-07 2:00 PM
in reply to: #3434646

User image

Champion
Bronze member
kns57 - 2011-04-07 2:48 PM

Wow, Ann.  Scary.  glad she got the kids.  I don't think we ever stop worrying about our kids, no matter their age.

x2!

It sounds like early Alzheimers!

2011-04-07 2:01 PM
in reply to: #3434638

User image

Champion

i dont blame you.  geez louise.

scrambling for sitters, GOOD sitters SUCKS!

wish i lived closer.

i would've fed your kids for sure.

stacieb

2011-04-07 2:01 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I have to run to the post office before it closes. I FINALLY got a letter written that I have been avoiding. It is hard to tell folks, nicely, that they are screwed!

Later

2011-04-07 2:08 PM
in reply to: #3434687

User image

Champion
ceilidh - 2011-04-07 3:01 PM

I have to run to the post office before it closes. I FINALLY got a letter written that I have been avoiding. It is hard to tell folks, nicely, that they are screwed!

Later

2011-04-07 2:09 PM
in reply to: #3434684

User image

Champion
skrtrnr - 2011-04-07 3:01 PM

wish i lived closer.

stacieb

Pack the kiddos and head east. The school district is good. Lots of places to run and ride. I even know where you can swim.

2011-04-07 2:19 PM
in reply to: #3434711

User image

Champion
ironannekidd - 2011-04-07 2:09 PM

wish i lived closer.

stacieb

Pack the kiddos and head east. The school district is good. Lots of places to run and ride. I even know where you can swim.

SOUNDS PERFECT.

I'M ON MY WAAAAAAY!

i was so blessed this morning.  my friend has been telling if theres anything you need dont hesitate to call...and i thought...wasnt that nice of her to say....but i figured thats what people say when they feel bad for you and dont know what to say.

so in my scrambling for a sitter this morning, i remembered what she said and i thought what the heck, i will give her a call.  she'll say no and then i will know that she didnt really mean what she said.

turns out she said OF COURSE...I'M ON MY WAY!

she watched C so i could go to a VERY important meeting for one of my clients. D-EX already declined to help out.

on her way out i told her thanks, she said NO THANKS NECESSARY.  THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR.

sweet, huh?

BOTTOM LINE: id be that sorta friend for all my ghoulies!

mwah!

stacieb

2011-04-07 2:21 PM
in reply to: #3434730

User image

Champion
skrtrnr - 2011-04-07 3:19 PM

wish i lived closer.

stacieb

SOUNDS PERFECT.

I'M ON MY WAAAAAAY!

i was so blessed this morning.  my friend has been telling if theres anything you need dont hesitate to call...and i thought...wasnt that nice of her to say....but i figured thats what people say when they feel bad for you and dont know what to say.

so in my scrambling for a sitter this morning, i remembered what she said and i thought what the heck, i will give her a call.  she'll say no and then i will know that she didnt really mean what she said.

she watched C so i could go to a VERY important meeting for one of my clients. D-EX already declined to help out.

on her way out i told her thanks, she said NO THANKS NECESSARY.  THAT'S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR.

sweet, huh?

mwah!

stacieb

I feel ya. I don't believe people either when they say it. But I wouldn't say it to someone unless I meant it.

2011-04-07 2:25 PM

User image

Champion

I can tell by the setting of the sun that it is time for me to go.

Sleep tight Ghoulies!

2011-04-07 2:28 PM
in reply to: #3434741

User image

Champion
ironannekidd - 2011-04-07 2:25 PM

I can tell by the setting of the sun that it is time for me to go.

Sleep tight Ghoulies!

dont let the bed bugs bite ANNSTER O GHOULIE!

stacieb

2011-04-07 6:11 PM
in reply to: #3434730

User image

MotoQueen
skrtrnr - 2011-04-07 2:19 PM

wish i lived closer.

stacieb

SOUNDS PERFECT.

I'M ON MY WAAAAAAY!

sweet, huh?

mwah!

stacieb

Friends like that are awesome.  I'm still amazed at my daughters friend who came over to watch her kids when we called her in the middle of the night in January when the airlines messed up our flights. 

If I ever offer to help, I mean it. 

Edited by kns57 2011-04-07 6:14 PM
2011-04-07 6:58 PM

User image

Champion
Ames, IA

Hi ghoulies!  I ran 7 miles tonight.  I think my injuries are finally starting to cooperate with me *knock on wood*

I may be able to train for that IM thingy next fall after all

2011-04-07 7:22 PM

User image

Elite
washington state
After a cold damp morning and some hail in the early afternoon, it dried up and the sun came out.  warmed up to about 50*F.  The dogs and I had a nice long romp and then Hanna and I went for a walk.  We should have good (tired LOL) dogs tonight!
2011-04-07 7:24 PM
in reply to: #3434576

User image

Elite
washington state
ceilidh - 2011-04-07 11:21 AM
ironannekidd - 2011-04-07 1:42 PM

kns57 - 2011-04-07 1:29 PM I have three staff who have applied for other positions in the library system.  If any of them get them they would be promotions, so I'm glad they have applied.  Meanwhile, I am doing mock interviews with them, putting them through the wringer and challenging them with my questions.  It's fun. 

Fun AND evil!

Good for you!It is nice to have a boss that actually cares about their employees to help them out! If they all get the jobs, will you be able to hire replacements?

X2!

2011-04-07 7:27 PM
in reply to: #3434601

User image

Elite
washington state
skrtrnr - 2011-04-07 11:32 AM

i was hoping to spin this morning but my youngest is sick sick sick.  

poor baby has been asleep most of the day today.

i am hoping to run tomorrow but its not looking too good.

we shall see.

stacieb

Hope he is better soon!  Also hope he is well enough to go to his party!

2011-04-07 7:34 PM
in reply to: #3435185

User image

Elite
washington state
disturbed275 - 2011-04-07 4:58 PM

Hi ghoulies!  I ran 7 miles tonight.  I think my injuries are finally starting to cooperate with me *knock on wood*

Yeah Neal !!!

2011-04-08 6:36 AM
in reply to: #3435249

User image

Champion
Bronze member
deehtz - 2011-04-07 8:34 PM
disturbed275 - 2011-04-07 4:58 PM

Yeah Neal !!!

YEEE Haaa!

Good thing. That would suck to have to miss that IM thingie!

2011-04-08 6:37 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Morning Ghoulies

Happy

FFF Friday!

New Thread
CLOSED
Other Resources Challenge Me! » April - RUN GHOULIES RUN!!! Rss Feed  

of 43