BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Part 2 -- Full Pod Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 80

2012-05-22 2:42 PM
in reply to: #4212573

User image

Seattle
Subject: RE: Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Part 2 -- Full Pod
I am definitely a minority on my team at work. They have gone to great extents to try and get me to like seaweed. No can do. That and those freeze dried little fish. Bleh.

2012-05-22 2:50 PM
in reply to: #4223391

User image

Melon Presser

Asalzwed - 2012-05-23 2:42 AM I am definitely a minority on my team at work. They have gone to great extents to try and get me to like seaweed. No can do. That and those freeze dried little fish. Bleh.

What kind of Asian-loving weirdo are you? Seaweed and freeze dried little fish, those are staples!

Heh. Not such a big fan of the freeze dried little fish either. They keep looking at me with those buggy little eyeballs. But I'm happy to eat them ... just not passionate about it.

2012-05-22 2:53 PM
in reply to: #4223415

User image

Master
TriAya - 2012-05-22 12:50 PM

Asalzwed - 2012-05-23 2:42 AM I am definitely a minority on my team at work. They have gone to great extents to try and get me to like seaweed. No can do. That and those freeze dried little fish. Bleh.

What kind of Asian-loving weirdo are you? Seaweed and freeze dried little fish, those are staples!

Heh. Not such a big fan of the freeze dried little fish either. They keep looking at me with those buggy little eyeballs. But I'm happy to eat them ... just not passionate about it.

Haven't tried the seaweed or the dried fishies, but I can tell you that when I was in Singapore I was told that my SO's brother was bringing breakfast home for us.  Yaaaaaay takeout!  When I opened up that lovely seaweed package and saw a small fishie starting at me, I was not quite so hungry...  The rest of the breakky was great, but fishie, not so much.

2012-05-22 3:00 PM
in reply to: #4223430

User image

Seattle
bcraht - 2012-05-22 2:53 PM

Haven't tried the seaweed or the dried fishies, but I can tell you that when I was in Singapore I was told that my SO's brother was bringing breakfast home for us.  Yaaaaaay takeout!  When I opened up that lovely seaweed package and saw a small fishie starting at me, I was not quite so hungry...  The rest of the breakky was great, but fishie, not so much.

well, at least you didn't have to go to the tank and pick which fishy you wanted slaughtered
2012-05-22 3:03 PM
in reply to: #4223449

User image

Melon Presser
Asalzwed - 2012-05-23 3:00 AM

well, at least you didn't have to go to the tank and pick which fishy you wanted slaughtered

But that's the high point of eating such fresh seafood!

Heh.

Confession ... I love the fish eyeball. That's the best part. So juicy!

2012-05-22 3:06 PM
in reply to: #4223457

User image

Seattle
TriAya - 2012-05-22 3:03 PM

Heh.

Do you also love the chicken's foot?

2012-05-22 3:12 PM
in reply to: #4223465

User image

Melon Presser
Asalzwed - 2012-05-23 3:06 AM

Heh.

Not love, but like. They're a bit crunchy with the bones and all.

2012-05-22 3:18 PM
in reply to: #4220713

Veteran
Hoosier heartland
melbo55 - 2012-05-21 12:17 PM

Yikes, not checking in over the weekend makes for lots of catching up and missed action!

First off: Jo, I wish all the best for you and your family's safety.  How scary, and I will never understand how people can treat each other, especially ones they 'love' so very badly.

All weekend racing manatees: Big congrats to all the PRs and strong finishes!!

Allen: sorry about the Herman's Hermits association.  It was more the song than the group.  From now on I will only associate you with some of the groups you mentioned like Nirvana or Foo Fighters!

Kirsten: you are definitely able to pull off the shaved look, wow!  And for such a great cause.

Yanti: hope your mom, you and your sister are all doing OK.

My race Sat. was full of mixed emotions.  Overall I did set a new PR by 4 minutes for this course (3rd year doing same race) but I didn't make my swim or bike goals.  Or running, for that matter.  Race day (without any actual numerical reasons, just feelings) I thought I made my swim and bike time goals and was really happy and stoked.  I knew the run wasn't going to be anything special since I haven't been running since March because of healing my Achilles plus I really suck at running even when I am not injured.  But when I looked at the results today I saw the truth, that I didn't make my goals and didn't improve as much as I thought.  Very disappointing.  I did improve my transition times...  But the cool thing is my fast friends all won some sort of award or awards, in some cases. 

All in all it was a good day because the weather was beautiful, the people were great, money was raised for an awesome, worthy cause, and I had the physical ability to participate and have fun.  I don't take my health for granted, ever.  Every day I am thankful that I can do what I can do, every race I am thankful to be able to participate.  I may not be as fast as my friends, or even as fast as I want to be, but I can do it.

Oh Melanie, I am right there with ya on those emotions you feel.  On one hand I'm blessed and happy I can participate in triathlon and be healthy.  On the other hand, I have been very disappointed in my overall progress, or lack there of.  It can be a bag of mixed emotions when you see your friends get podium awards.  There is that joy of seeing the ones you care about get recognized, but deep inside there is that feeling of, "I wish I can be that fast".  

My twin sister has turned into an elite level athlete and I'm her number 1 cheerleader.   I would be lying if I didn't have that feeling of envy and that desire to be fast like her.  It's completely normal to have those emotions.  Reality sets in, and I have to look at what I want out of this sport of triathlon.  I decided recently I can't beat myself up if a race doesn't go as planned.  Believe me, in my last sprint race, my times were the slowest in my third year of doing that particular tri...and the bike was cut short a half mile, LOL. 

Sooo, I've changed my mindset.  Some races will go better than others.  We all may have a stretch of bad races, but we need to just keep going.   No matter how good or bad the race is going, the finish line is really the goal I am proud to achieve.  

2012-05-22 3:58 PM
in reply to: #4223472

User image

England

Heh.

Not love, but like. They're a bit crunchy with the bones and all.

i bet you are also a fan of pigs trotters. and i wont even mention the dogs danglies. oops

2012-05-22 4:03 PM
in reply to: #4223465

User image

Master
Asalzwed - 2012-05-22 1:06 PM

Heh.

Yuck.   I do have a ton of respect for cultures who don't waste any part of the animal.  And I will try just about anything once.  But I draw the line at things like intestines or pig uteri.  And fish for breakfast and me are not friends. 

2012-05-22 4:06 PM
in reply to: #4223489

User image

England
cggale - 2012-05-22 9:18 PM
melbo55 - 2012-05-21 12:17 PM

Yikes, not checking in over the weekend makes for lots of catching up and missed action!

First off: Jo, I wish all the best for you and your family's safety.  How scary, and I will never understand how people can treat each other, especially ones they 'love' so very badly.

All weekend racing manatees: Big congrats to all the PRs and strong finishes!!

Allen: sorry about the Herman's Hermits association.  It was more the song than the group.  From now on I will only associate you with some of the groups you mentioned like Nirvana or Foo Fighters!

Kirsten: you are definitely able to pull off the shaved look, wow!  And for such a great cause.

Yanti: hope your mom, you and your sister are all doing OK.

My race Sat. was full of mixed emotions.  Overall I did set a new PR by 4 minutes for this course (3rd year doing same race) but I didn't make my swim or bike goals.  Or running, for that matter.  Race day (without any actual numerical reasons, just feelings) I thought I made my swim and bike time goals and was really happy and stoked.  I knew the run wasn't going to be anything special since I haven't been running since March because of healing my Achilles plus I really suck at running even when I am not injured.  But when I looked at the results today I saw the truth, that I didn't make my goals and didn't improve as much as I thought.  Very disappointing.  I did improve my transition times...  But the cool thing is my fast friends all won some sort of award or awards, in some cases. 

All in all it was a good day because the weather was beautiful, the people were great, money was raised for an awesome, worthy cause, and I had the physical ability to participate and have fun.  I don't take my health for granted, ever.  Every day I am thankful that I can do what I can do, every race I am thankful to be able to participate.  I may not be as fast as my friends, or even as fast as I want to be, but I can do it.

Oh Melanie, I am right there with ya on those emotions you feel.  On one hand I'm blessed and happy I can participate in triathlon and be healthy.  On the other hand, I have been very disappointed in my overall progress, or lack there of.  It can be a bag of mixed emotions when you see your friends get podium awards.  There is that joy of seeing the ones you care about get recognized, but deep inside there is that feeling of, "I wish I can be that fast".  

My twin sister has turned into an elite level athlete and I'm her number 1 cheerleader.   I would be lying if I didn't have that feeling of envy and that desire to be fast like her.  It's completely normal to have those emotions.  Reality sets in, and I have to look at what I want out of this sport of triathlon.  I decided recently I can't beat myself up if a race doesn't go as planned.  Believe me, in my last sprint race, my times were the slowest in my third year of doing that particular tri...and the bike was cut short a half mile, LOL. 

Sooo, I've changed my mindset.  Some races will go better than others.  We all may have a stretch of bad races, but we need to just keep going.   No matter how good or bad the race is going, the finish line is really the goal I am proud to achieve.  

Too right claire. It's all about the journey.

2012-05-22 4:07 PM
in reply to: #4223598

User image

Melon Presser
ukweeble - 2012-05-23 3:58 AM

i bet you are also a fan of pigs trotters. and i wont even mention the dogs danglies. oops

Pickled pigs' feet! Yum! I'll eat them, but not a fan.

Dogs' danglies ... never et them, but I would.

I'll pretty much eat anything except zucchini (unless I absolutely had to, to be polite), and anything that's still alive, and no shark or crocodile (we have a deal).

2012-05-22 4:14 PM
in reply to: #4223173

User image

Extreme Veteran
TriAya - 2012-05-22 2:24 PM
jmkizer - 2012-05-23 12:12 AM

ArielLIlB - 2012-05-22 10:37 AM I have any injury question for my Pod:  I've been experiencing weird twinging pain in my left butt cheek that radiates down my left leg, sometimes in my hamstring and my quad.  I can also feel some twinging in my left hip area.  I noticed it went away when I didn't ride my bike for 2 weeks, and when I rode Saturday for an hour it flared up again.  It was so bad that it woke me up Saturday night numerous times; not so much strong PAIN, but it was VERY uncomfortable, just lying flat. It feels ok today.  It also bothered me after my ride during the triathlon, and it carried over into the run, just discomfort in my left butt/side of left leg.  I've done some research, and it does sound like sciatica or piriformis syndrome.  Any thoughts on what about biking could be causing this? 

Yup yup yup.

You can look up piriformis stretches on Google or Youtube, as well as getting a hard foam roller and looking up how to roll out back/hip/butt/hamstrings. I'd try that first, and take it very easy with getting back into the cycling and with running for the moment. Frankly, not cycling for two weeks, and then riding for an hour could be it right there.

Also, when and with whom (where) was your bike fit done?

I got a proper fitting at cycling shop (Cycle Loft, Burlington) in March when I got my bike.  I'm thinking now might be a good time to take it back for the readjustment and let them know the problem I am having, perhaps a different saddle would help, although my saddle does not bother me when I'm riding.

2012-05-22 4:17 PM

User image

Coastal Carolina

Now here is something that I think we can all agree is deliciously awesome (the item in question is the last one listed couldn't get a picture)...

http://www.jif.com/Products/Details?categoryId=276&productId=1191

Your welcome.

2012-05-22 4:21 PM
in reply to: #4223620

User image

Coastal Carolina
TriAya - 2012-05-22 5:07 PM

I'll pretty much eat anything except zucchini (unless I absolutely had to, to be polite), and anything that's still alive, and no shark or crocodile (we have a deal).

I'm a convert from the no zucchini ever, only if it is grilled or hibachi, but gator meat is delicious!

2012-05-22 4:38 PM

User image

England
TriAya - 2012-05-22 10:07 PM

i can see the sense in that. the croc, not the zucchini. Zucchini rocks, especially in spag bol, etc

2012-05-22 4:43 PM
in reply to: #4223647

User image

Seattle
Tripopo - 2012-05-22 4:17 PM

Now here is something that I think we can all agree is deliciously awesome (the item in question is the last one listed couldn't get a picture)...

Your welcome.

after my own heart!
2012-05-22 4:45 PM
in reply to: #4223391

User image

England

Asalzwed - 2012-05-22 8:42 PM I am definitely a minority on my team at work. They have gone to great extents to try and get me to like seaweed. No can do. That and those freeze dried little fish. Bleh.

Are they all looking for jobs in Thailand???

2012-05-22 4:52 PM
in reply to: #4223647

User image

England
Tripopo - 2012-05-22 10:17 PM

Your welcome.

No. You bad.

2012-05-22 5:00 PM

User image

Coastal Carolina
I'm thinking chocolate peanut butter spread on graham crackers or an English muffin in the morning. Even better choco-PB Waffles!!! I might be hungry.
2012-05-22 5:12 PM

User image

Master
Orlando
TriAya - 2012-05-22 4:07 PM

Hmm, i think i may have identified why you are sick: fish eyes, pickled pig feet, dog danglies, etc are all ok to eat, but zucchini is not!

Here is something I can get behind! 

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=108749117989&set=a.103282827989.120033.103282367989

ETA: crap, I can never get the link to work in this forum!

Edited by amd723 2012-05-22 5:20 PM

2012-05-22 5:18 PM
in reply to: #4223725

User image

England

Tripopo - 2012-05-22 11:00 PM I'm thinking chocolate peanut butter spread on graham crackers or an English muffin in the morning. Even better choco-PB Waffles!!! I might be hungry.

Strange but i dont know what a graham cracker or an english muffin is. However, feed your need.

I am.

11pm here and i have crumbled and hit the crackers with mature cheddar cheese (and pickles). i had been doing so well today. Healthy lunch, fruit not chocs and a 6k run. must have been all the talk about fish eyes and chickens feet.

2012-05-22 5:20 PM
in reply to: #4223739

User image

England
amd723 - 2012-05-22 11:12 PM
TriAya - 2012-05-22 4:07 PM

Hmm, i think i may have identified why you are sick: fish eyes, pickled pig feet, dog danglies, etc are all ok to eat, but zucchini is not!

You have a good point, my dear.

2012-05-22 5:23 PM

User image

England
crackers scoffed. i'm off to bed (before i eat more). Have a nice evening guys, and good morning Jo, hope the cold is getting better.
2012-05-22 5:57 PM
in reply to: #4223749

User image

Elite

An English muffin is like a crumpet without the holes!  A Graham Cracker is a cream cracker to you and me mate!

Good night to you, good morning to me, cold feels heaps better after a really good sleep.  Still snotty, throat a bit weird but no cough, that's what I want to avoid.

I am so nervous - 11 more sleeps until my first HIM.  I just want it started already!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti & Salty MAD MANATEES Part 2 -- Full Pod Rss Feed  

of 80