of 14

2011-02-21 7:07 AM
in reply to: #3257156

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Tripletmom01 Group FULL
The expense does drive me crazy! It's hard on a single teacher's salary, esp. since all my races involve travel. (But I would travel anyway!) Sure wish there were more swim/run races--better fit with my skills and a heck of a lot cheaper and logistically easier.  Aerobars will have to wait until the next Singapore junket--there is only one pair at our LBS and they are being sold for $800. Geez--the bike wasn't much more than that! 

Some of my buddies and I decided to enter a sprint tri in Singapore three weeks before our Oly. It's a four-day weekend so we can enjoy the trip a little more. The Oly (Bintan) looks more and more like a logistical nightmare--it's a Saturday PM race, we can't leave till Friday night, and no one's going to get any sleep coming or going! Think I'll consider that one a "B" race and really aim for Vietnam Tri in September. There will also be a charity 5K at a teacher's conference in Malaysia I'm attending next month--a measure of my desperation that I'm already getting excited about it!

2011-03-15 10:41 AM
in reply to: #3257156

Subject: RE: Tripletmom01 Group FULL

What happened to everybody? Im headed to the beach. Looking forward to trying running on the beach. Taking my bike. Gonna have a tri friend with me. My first road experience trying getting on the bike with a little cosmetic damage to myself and the bike.

I have a 27 mile ride on April 10th and the Rookie tri April 17th. Everything seems so close now. YIKES! I am now 1/2 was to my goal weight.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Tripletmom01 Group FULL Rss Feed  

of 14