BT Development Mentor Program Archives » triritter/William Ritter "Rock Out in 2010" CLOSED! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 17

2010-03-08 6:28 AM
in reply to: #2713272

User image

Tyler,
Subject: RE: triritter/William Ritter "Rock Out in 2010" CLOSED!
eca712 - 2010-03-07 9:14 PM Congratulations Lance and Kahne! Give yourselves a big pat on the back. William- tough break again! Can only get easier, right?

Not to steal anyone's thunder, but today I was elected to be an editor of law review (the legal journal I'm on at school). I got one of the less time-consuming positions (which I wanted), so I can continue to do this. Yay

Congratulations!!! I know for sure you will do great!

2010-03-08 6:29 AM
in reply to: #2712575

User image

Tyler,
TriPatrick - 2010-03-07 11:19 AM
triritter - 2010-03-07 8:21 AM

Kahne also won her age group too with the new John Cobb wing span helmet of Rudy Projects!!!

(John Cobb competed as well  

Congrats to Kahne and Lance for great race at Athens yesterday in a highly competitive field. It was  a small race but the racers were there. My alma mater UT Tyler beat Texas A&M college team too and A&M brought 75 people. 

Looks like everyone did good. 

I can not wait to race this year.  I am looking at buying a quintana roo seduza when I get back from spring break.  Then I plan on riding the tires off this summer and not looking back.  I have big goals for ironstar this year.

I can't wait to see how you do this year!
2010-03-08 6:44 AM
in reply to: #2563913

User image

Tyler,
As I've said before I go through your logs 2-3x a week and I found this in Jon's (Muddycreek) from Virginia.

"UPDATE- finished out the 14 week weight loss challenge 34 pounds down, at 168# and 17%+ weight loss- I was #2 of about 150 people, and I can't feel bad about it- I'm down to that last 'stubborn 10', and the guy that won still probably has 80 pounds to go... my friend at work termed it 'bringing a knife to a gunfight..'"

Congrat's Jon!!! That is a huge success and keep up the good work! 
Make sure you are all posting on here how your week went. Both triathlon and non tri world. Ok.

Have a super good week ya'll.
2010-03-10 5:47 AM

Master
Montgomery, Tx

I am trying to get some good training sessions in before taking the family to disney on Friday.  Seems the wife planed almost all meals trough buffets because that is where the disney characters are.  Looks like I will be chasing a mouse around to keep the weight off.

Happy trails

2010-03-10 6:45 AM
in reply to: #2717883

User image

Extreme Veteran
The Woodlands/Magnolia, TX.
TriPatrick - 2010-03-10 5:47 AM

I am trying to get some good training sessions in before taking the family to disney on Friday.  Seems the wife planed almost all meals trough buffets because that is where the disney characters are.  Looks like I will be chasing a mouse around to keep the weight off.

Happy trails

cool, have fun man!  and eat up...it's vacation!
2010-03-10 6:52 AM
in reply to: #2717883

User image

Tyler,
TriPatrick - 2010-03-10 5:47 AM

Happy trails

have fun on your trip... share photos!

2010-03-11 7:11 AM

User image

New user

Finally got a workout in last night, a bike session with overgear work. Haven't been feeling good but working 10,11, 13 hr days doesn't leave much time for training. Hopefully we have work back under control and I can get back to training. William has invited me for some "punishment" with the big boys next weekend.  2 days of hard core training... it will make me stronger if it doesn't kill me.

Lance
2010-03-11 9:40 AM

User image

Tyler,
Hey guys, just as of yesterday I got accepted into the BROOKS I.D. (inspire daily) program. You can google Brooks I.D. to learn more about it. Anyways, I should have a couple of opportunities to offer you discounts during the year.

Lance your probably glad you missed those hill repeats lol.
2010-03-11 5:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Hawkins
Hey, I found you guys again!  StrayDog has a link on his training page.  How do I do that?  I'll work on it.
2010-03-12 4:24 PM

User image

Veteran
Hawkins
Couldn't figure it out.  I'll just keep using StrayDog's link.

Started using Magnesium supplements today.  Kelly Hull (William knows her)  uses them to prevent muscle cramps and spasms.  I'm going to see if this helps my neck and back any.
2010-03-13 1:09 AM
in reply to: #2723713

User image

Veteran
kpar - 2010-03-13 2:24 PM Couldn't figure it out.  I'll just keep using StrayDog's link

Using edit on the headliner for your page, cut and paste the link.

Edited by StrayDog 2010-03-13 1:10 AM

2010-03-13 1:15 AM
in reply to: #2720106

User image

Veteran
lvernon - 2010-03-12 5:11 AM Finally got a workout in last night, a bike session with overgear work. Haven't been feeling good but working 10,11, 13 hr days doesn't leave much time for training. Hopefully we have work back under control and I can get back to training. William has invited me for some "punishment" with the big boys next weekend.  2 days of hard core training... it will make me stronger if it doesn't kill me.

Lance

Man I am jealous Lance about getting hardcore wo in. My knee just isn't up to it. Just when I have infected other people at work to do this run/ Tri thing. Man aging is killing me, literally. It's worth it though isn't it?
2010-03-13 11:17 AM

User image

Tyler,

Train hard and recover harder.

Going over some of your training logs, I am not sure how much your recovering in between sessions. Being a triathlete, your probably type A and are very busy like myself. To get through you workouts without having aches and pains can be tough. You will need to stay fueled properly between session. I used to not pay much attention to my nutrition, I never ate that bad, but the $1 whoppers from burger king and french fries didn't help me when I was in college. I had a hard time recovering. Since I've been a lot better with my workouts I am able to recover a lot faster now with out (much) joint pains and things like that. So nutrition  is huge!! (CLIFF). Eating very nutritious dense foods will help your recover faster from training sessions and reduce risk of injuries. As competitive athletes a lot of try to stay on that redline of improving performance and injury. You don't want to cross it.  You'll want to be properfly fueled before you workout, during, and after you workout (with in 30 min is good).  You also wanna make sure your form is good for swimming, your properly fit for your bike and in good running shoes based on your biomechanics to minimize all of this. Now onto other things, after hard session you'll want to stretch good and you might as well stretch every day if you can (10-15 min) especially areas you have trouble with. I focus on hamstrings and ITB. Also after hard workouts, I do an ice bath . Under 65 degrees is ideal. I use an outdoor pool right now or when it gets hotter I get a bag of ice and put in the tub with cold water and sit there for 10-15 min. This will help reduce inflammation from those demanding sessions. If you don't have time to stretch and then you need to cut back on some of your volume. Although, I don't see that being much a problem for most of you

Ok that is all!!!

Cheers.

Edited by triritter 2010-03-13 11:19 AM
2010-03-16 7:13 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

what gives first for you guys....legs or lungs?

when you are training, what would you guys say is your limiting factor on the longer days?  for example, say you've got a 10mile run or a long bike (whatever that may be for you)....what part of your body begins to fatigue the most near the end?

for me it seems to be my legs.  i generally feel like at the end of longer training sessions my muscles (or lack thereof) are what makes me struggle the most.  i always would have guessed that respiration would have been my limiting factor, but it always seems to be either my calfs, my quads or my hips that make the "just walk a little....just a little and this pick back up" thoughts come into my mind.

just curious if i'm in the minority or majority?

2010-03-17 10:39 AM
in reply to: #2728433

User image

Veteran
antlimon166 - 2010-03-16 8:13 AM

when you are training, what would you guys say is your limiting factor on the longer days?  for example, say you've got a 10mile run or a long bike (whatever that may be for you)....what part of your body begins to fatigue the most near the end?

for me it seems to be my legs.  i generally feel like at the end of longer training sessions my muscles (or lack thereof) are what makes me struggle the most.  i always would have guessed that respiration would have been my limiting factor, but it always seems to be either my calfs, my quads or my hips that make the "just walk a little....just a little and this pick back up" thoughts come into my mind.

Definitely the lungs for me- if I'm taking a break, it's because I need time to just breathe. Good question! I'm curious to hear everyone else's answers.
2010-03-18 5:55 AM
in reply to: #2724211

User image

New user

StrayDog - 2010-03-13 1:15 AM
lvernon - 2010-03-12 5:11 AM Finally got a workout in last night, a bike session with overgear work. Haven't been feeling good but working 10,11, 13 hr days doesn't leave much time for training. Hopefully we have work back under control and I can get back to training. William has invited me for some "punishment" with the big boys next weekend.  2 days of hard core training... it will make me stronger if it doesn't kill me.

Lance

Man I am jealous Lance about getting hardcore wo in. My knee just isn't up to it. Just when I have infected other people at work to do this run/ Tri thing. Man aging is killing me, literally. It's worth it though isn't it?

I'll let you if its worth it after Sun. LOL No I know what you mean about the age killing ya. But it is fun and keeps me out of trouble. Haha

2010-03-18 7:54 AM

Master
Montgomery, Tx

I am back home and ready for the fun to begin.  My son had a fever while at Disney, but motrin and Tylenol kept it in check and we ended up still having a good time.  I ate a lot, but I walked lots as well so I hope the calories do not stack up too much.

I called the bike shop from Flordia to tell then I will be there today at 2pm to get the bike/fitted on it.  I went the Thursday before we left and just could not buy it.  I have a hard time spending big money on myself, but my wife assures me she wants me to get it.  If it was for my wife or son it would be an easy purchase.  

2010-03-18 2:02 PM
in reply to: #2732982

User image

Extreme Veteran
TriPatrick - 2010-03-18 7:54 AM

I am back home and ready for the fun to begin.  My son had a fever while at Disney, but motrin and Tylenol kept it in check and we ended up still having a good time.  I ate a lot, but I walked lots as well so I hope the calories do not stack up too much.

I called the bike shop from Flordia to tell then I will be there today at 2pm to get the bike/fitted on it.  I went the Thursday before we left and just could not buy it.  I have a hard time spending big money on myself, but my wife assures me she wants me to get it.  If it was for my wife or son it would be an easy purchase.  

sweet!!.   i'm ready to see that mofo!!!

i got my wetsuit coming in the mail in a few days.  i'll be ready for the lake in a few weeks Pat!!!!
2010-03-18 2:02 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Edited by antlimon166 2010-03-18 2:03 PM
2010-03-18 3:55 PM
in reply to: #2728433

User image

Veteran
Hawkins
antlimon166 - 2010-03-16 7:13 AM

If I'm not getting enough oxygen, my legs will suffer for it, so in running I would have to say lungs.  I can't recall a race where I was breathing well but couldn't find the strength in my legs.  On the bike it's a different story.  It's easier to go into the red zone there (hills!!) and pump the legs full of lactic acid till they feel like stones.
2010-03-19 6:42 AM
in reply to: #2734327

User image

Tyler,
kpar - 2010-03-18 3:55 PM
antlimon166 - 2010-03-16 7:13 AM

If I'm not getting enough oxygen, my legs will suffer for it, so in running I would have to say lungs.  I can't recall a race where I was breathing well but couldn't find the strength in my legs.  On the bike it's a different story.  It's easier to go into the red zone there (hills!!) and pump the legs full of lactic acid till they feel like stones.

I've been waiting for others to chime in first. I think my legs usually go first during long slow runs and if it's a fast race where the heart rate is way up and I think it's more a combination of the two.

2010-03-19 6:43 AM

User image

Tyler,

glad you had a good time! now go get the bike
2010-03-19 3:10 PM
in reply to: #2735116

Master
Montgomery, Tx
triritter - 2010-03-19 6:43 AM

I bought the bike and have no buyers remorse.  It is much easier to buy things my wife wants ( although she wanted me to have this).  I have been on 2 rides and I love it.  How long does it take for the soreness from the base of the neck to go away?  Everywhere else I am good, but damn the pain in my neck. 

Anyone suggest a good areo bottle set up?  I have read more good things about the trek set up than profile. 

2010-03-21 3:48 PM
in reply to: #2736359

User image

Tyler,
TriPatrick - 2010-03-19 3:10 PM
triritter - 2010-03-19 6:43 AM

I bought the bike and have no buyers remorse.  It is much easier to buy things my wife wants ( although she wanted me to have this).  I have been on 2 rides and I love it.  How long does it take for the soreness from the base of the neck to go away?  Everywhere else I am good, but damn the pain in my neck. 

Anyone suggest a good areo bottle set up?  I have read more good things about the trek set up than profile. 

awesome!!!! It depends it shouldn't be too painful mainly a little stiff. Did you have a good bike fit done???  Go hit it up now!  
2010-03-21 3:53 PM

User image

Tyler,
What's up guys how is everyone doing? I dunno about you, but I thought spring was supposed to be here this weekend? What happened? Looks like we got winter back.

We had a good training camp again this weekend. We did all the biking inside this time though and a guy actually fell over on the trainer, we almost had a group ride wreck on trainers this morning.  All good fun though.

Saturday morning started off with 4x1 mile repeats 5-10k "effort" since it was freezing, windy, and raining. These were some slow miles. Then a two hour base trainer session, then almost hour 15 min swim 30x100 pulls.

Sunday was a 3.5 hour trainer ride, 45 min build session (super hard)and then 8x3 min very hard overgear and a 20 min around a 70.3 effort off bike.

Good times...hopefully next time will be a lot better. Let me know how you all have been. Look forward to hearing from you.  
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » triritter/William Ritter "Rock Out in 2010" CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 17