BT Development Mentor Program Archives » triritter/William Ritter "Rock Out in 2010" CLOSED! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 17

2010-04-07 7:35 AM
in reply to: #2770523

User image

Tyler,
Subject: RE: triritter/William Ritter "Rock Out in 2010" CLOSED!
antlimon166 - 2010-04-06 6:53 AM weekend was ok.  horse show with the wife (she won!) and then a 10k trail run race for me (not even close to winning!).  not my best effort, but it was still fun. 

got my first OWS of the year planned for this thursday.  can't wait!  get to try out the new wetsuit.

really wish i could do the gateway sprint this saturday as a warmup for lonestar, but just can't make it happen with time and money (think i may have termites in the house, got a guy coming out today).

Congratulations to your wife and you!!!

Make sure you send me your number so we can meet up pre-galveston and whoever else in our group is going.

To My Group!

It looks likes the mentorship is over for the spring, but, I'd like to if you want to, to continue our group and build our relationships from here. There are also other groups for the summer now, if you wish to join another group. I have enough going on and chose not to do it again for right now, but would like to remain in contact with the ones who have chose to remain active in this group. I have enjoyed you all!!! Thanks for particpating, let's see if we can keep it going. Ok!!

Cheers,

William

2010-04-07 4:06 PM
in reply to: #2773211

User image

Veteran
triritter - 2010-04-07 8:35 AM
antlimon166 - 2010-04-06 6:53 AM weekend was ok.  horse show with the wife (she won!) and then a 10k trail run race for me (not even close to winning!).  not my best effort, but it was still fun. 

got my first OWS of the year planned for this thursday.  can't wait!  get to try out the new wetsuit.

really wish i could do the gateway sprint this saturday as a warmup for lonestar, but just can't make it happen with time and money (think i may have termites in the house, got a guy coming out today).

Make sure you send me your number so we can meet up pre-galveston and whoever else in our group is going.

To My Group!

It looks likes the mentorship is over for the spring, but, I'd like to if you want to, to continue our group and build our relationships from here. There are also other groups for the summer now, if you wish to join another group. I have enough going on and chose not to do it again for right now, but would like to remain in contact with the ones who have chose to remain active in this group. I have enjoyed you all!!! Thanks for particpating, let's see if we can keep it going. Ok!!

Cheers,

William

Whaaaaat?! It's over? Well I for one would love to continue chatting this way, so I appreciate your offer to stay.

In fact, I have a couple of questions:

1. Routine bike maintenance- what should I do on a regular basis to take care of my bike? I was looking at a couple of other posts in the forums that mentioned cleaning the chain, etc., but I have no idea how to do that. Just wipe off the chain with a rag? What do you guys do?

2. First race prep. I signed up for a mini sprint on the 24th. Any pointers? What to eat, how to make transitions smoother, what to wear.... I'm scurrrred!
2010-04-08 6:34 AM
in reply to: #2773211

User image

Extreme Veteran
The Woodlands/Magnolia, TX.
triritter - 2010-04-07 7:35 AM

To My Group!

Cheers,

William

i'll post my race # for lonestar when i get it for sure.

thanks for all the pointers over the last few months!  i'll still be around here.
2010-04-08 6:47 AM
in reply to: #2775121

User image

Extreme Veteran
eca712 - 2010-04-07 4:06 PM

To My Group!

Cheers,

William

Whaaaaat?! It's over? Well I for one would love to continue chatting this way, so I appreciate your offer to stay.

1. Routine bike maintenance- what should I do on a regular basis to take care of my bike? I was looking at a couple of other posts in the forums that mentioned cleaning the chain, etc., but I have no idea how to do that. Just wipe off the chain with a rag? What do you guys do?  they sell chain cleaning tools, or maybe a toothbrush and a clean terrycloth towel and some lube.

2. First race prep. I signed up for a mini sprint on the 24th. Any pointers? What to eat, how to make transitions smoother, what to wear.... I'm scurrrred!
  just eat a normal healthy meal, nothing new or anything that may cause multiple restroom stops pre-race.  for transitions, spend plenty of time before the race setting up your gear, paying attention to others around and how they are doing it (don't be afraid to ask people questions!).  things like how to mount your bike, where to put your helmet/shoes/race number/etc..(check out some of the videos on BT, there are some good transition ones).  also, pay close attention to what rack you're on so don't get lost coming out of the water, pay even closer attention to where the bike start/end and run start are in relation to your rack (you'd be surprised how many people have their bike in hand and are ready to go, but have to spend a few seconds looking around to remember where the bike start is).  just walk the routes your take into/out of transition, it will help.  and most importantly, have fun!
2010-04-08 11:14 AM
in reply to: #2775121

User image

Tyler,
eca712 - 2010-04-07 4:06 PM

To My Group!

Cheers,

William

1. Routine bike maintenance- what should I do on a regular basis to take care of my bike? I was looking at a couple of other posts in the forums that mentioned cleaning the chain, etc., but I have no idea how to do that. Just wipe off the chain with a rag? What do you guys do?

Well, I am not the best person to ask this b/c I have a hard enough time cleaining and maintaining my bike. Lance can tell you that. But, Ideally, you want to clean the chain like every other ride. Very lightly put some lube on it and run a rag over each link and give it a good spin. I usually try to clean my bike before my races, which means I will be cleaning today.

every one is different of what their body can handle. For a sprint i usually eat a bagel or two w/ almond butter and possibly a bar or gel and a small cup of coffee.  You will probably want to do a practice run sometime of your race day nutrition.

best of luck to you!!
2010-04-08 11:14 AM
in reply to: #2776164

User image

Tyler,
antlimon166 - 2010-04-08 6:34 AM
triritter - 2010-04-07 7:35 AM

To My Group!

Cheers,

William

i'll post my race # for lonestar when i get it for sure.

thanks for all the pointers over the last few months!  i'll still be around here.

yo dawg, i meant like your cell number. I would probably never find you with your bib number lol.

2010-04-09 6:52 AM
in reply to: #2777166

User image

Extreme Veteran
triritter - 2010-04-08 11:14 AM

yo dawg, i meant like your cell number. I would probably never find you with your bib number lol.

what, like it's that hard to find one person out of like 3,000! ha

cell is 832-372-2535

also regarding lonestar...i booked a hotel room at the la quinta for the night of the 23rd and i don't need it anymore.  it's the la quinta that's really close to mody gardens and the race (at the seawall and one of the roads that goes into moody gardens, proly half mile away).  my family ended up renting a house for the weekend so no need to keep the hotel reservation. 

i wanted to offer it up to any of you guys that may be going to lonestar first, and if no takers, i was going to offer it up on the Texas forum.  let me know if anyone is interested and i'll call the hotel and have them change the name on it.

Edited by antlimon166 2010-04-09 6:54 AM
2010-04-09 8:03 AM
in reply to: #2779246

Master
Montgomery, Tx
antlimon166 - 2010-04-09 6:52 AM

cell is 832-372-2535

also regarding lonestar...i booked a hotel room at the la quinta for the night of the 23rd and i don't need it anymore.  it's the la quinta that's really close to mody gardens and the race (at the seawall and one of the roads that goes into moody gardens, proly half mile away).  my family ended up renting a house for the weekend so no need to keep the hotel reservation. 

i wanted to offer it up to any of you guys that may be going to lonestar first, and if no takers, i was going to offer it up on the Texas forum.  let me know if anyone is interested and i'll call the hotel and have them change the name on it.

Can you change the name and keep the credit card number the same?
2010-04-09 12:21 PM
in reply to: #2779450

User image

Extreme Veteran
TriPatrick - 2010-04-09 8:03 AM
antlimon166 - 2010-04-09 6:52 AM

cell is 832-372-2535

Can you change the name and keep the credit card number the same?

hahaha!!!!..good one!!  my answer is yes!  b/c a credit card wasn't necessary to book it!!!
2010-04-09 1:04 PM
in reply to: #2563913

User image

Tyler,
Got it Anthony, my  number is 903 918 8056 (no texting). I am traveling with Lance  or something like that for Gavleston, if he is nice enough. He's been busy working hard so he doesn't have much time to post on here. My race number for Galveston is 285 I think. 

I am heading down there to Kemah this weekend for Gateway to the Bay, my race number is 33.  I'll be taking on that punk that jumps in our forum, Stephen Milford...lol. I am actually staying at his house this weekend, so I better be nice. We'll see how long we can go without trash talking each other the whole weekend. 
2010-04-11 10:34 PM
in reply to: #2780576

User image

Veteran
triritter - 2010-04-09 2:04 PM Got it Anthony, my  number is 903 918 8056 (no texting). I am traveling with Lance  or something like that for Gavleston, if he is nice enough. He's been busy working hard so he doesn't have much time to post on here. My race number for Galveston is 285 I think. 

I am heading down there to Kemah this weekend for Gateway to the Bay, my race number is 33.  I'll be taking on that punk that jumps in our forum, Stephen Milford...lol. I am actually staying at his house this weekend, so I better be nice. We'll see how long we can go without trash talking each other the whole weekend. 

How'd you do today?

2010-04-13 6:23 AM
in reply to: #2784331

User image

Tyler,
Hey Emily, it's posted on my training log and working on getting it posted on my blog, just need my mom to send me pictures...too long to type it all up. It was a fun race, will consider doing it again next year. Meeting Andy Potts and Matty Reed was really cool. They are really tall. Stephen did beat me this time. He had a great swim, I had a bad swim and it was too much time to make up on him on the bike and run. I gotta get better at the swim, simple as that.
2010-04-14 5:32 PM
in reply to: #2563913

User image

Tyler,
i have pics posted with pro triathletes brandon marsh, matty reed, and andy potts on my blog!
2010-04-15 7:00 AM
in reply to: #2792532

User image

Extreme Veteran
triritter - 2010-04-14 5:32 PM i have pics posted with pro triathletes brandon marsh, matty reed, and andy potts on my blog!

cool pics and nice write-up.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » triritter/William Ritter "Rock Out in 2010" CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 17