Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 80

2010-02-03 9:44 AM
in reply to: #2651457

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Subject: RE: The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February!!!

iowagander - 2010-02-02 8:27 PM Hey Ghoulies! Thanks for the laughs while I caught up this evening. 2 days in the books for February, and well into 16 pages. Go Team!

There is no way I can go back and reply to everything I found interesting, but here are a few thoughts:

Kim: Awesome suit! I also think those swim caps sound sweet. Can't wait to see some race pics with one of them featured.

Bill: Great pics from around Buffalo. Also, good call on the "Kiss my argh." Can't wait to hear how that one goes over! Also, what's the idea for your tattoo? Do you have a sketch?

Stacie: Funny how we did the same workout today. Must have been a good day for 3 miles and some light ST. Also, rockin necklace!

Ann: If you don't feel comfortable being the Toppage Queen, I think the Toppage Jester is a suitable substitute. Way to keep the pages rolling.

Melindy: You are psychotic. Plain and simple. How you fit so much into your day ON TOP of medical school and still manage that much sleep is beyond me. You're my hero!

Jules: I cringed when I read about your crash and the damage to your bike. I am just thankful that you are OK. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better today, and I hope this cold is no big deal. Get well!

Robin: How you can resist napping with your bed staring at you all day while you work is remarkable. Your work ethic must be outstanding!

Neal: I wanted to do RAGBRAI the whole time I was in college but I didn't have a bike and I had to be in school full time in the summer. If you can do it, go for it! Maybe GU can invent a beer or pie flavored gel to help you get through IMMOO a little easier.

Amy: Have a blast in DisneyLand. I got to take the kids in August and had a great time. Make sure you log your walking, because there is PLENTY of that in your near future!

If there's anyone/anything I missed, I'm sorry. I hope everyone is having a good week so far, and hopefully I will be able to contribute to the banter a bit tomorrow. Have a good night all!

incredible breakdown Tom! I feel a bit under the weather...but much better then I did yesterday at this time...so I am happy about that!

2010-02-03 9:45 AM
in reply to: #2652077

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2010-02-03 9:45 AM
in reply to: #2652050

Elite
washington state
wgraves7582 - 2010-02-03 7:33 AM
kcarroll - 2010-02-03 10:29 AM
wgraves7582 - 2010-02-03 10:23 AM
kcarroll - 2010-02-03 10:17 AM
wgraves7582 - 2010-02-03 10:10 AM
deehtz - 2010-02-03 10:02 AM Morning Bill, Ann, Kim, and whoever else is around.

Bill,  I just can't imagine biking in snow!  Is it packed so that you stay on top of it or do you kind of plow thru?

Dee - most of it was hardpacked or icy but there was some loose snow areas and that is just brutal.  You really cannot stand up because you need your weight on the rear wheel for traction so it is a pretty good workout all the way around.

It is my hope that it helps come spring with real riding and it is also practice for this race which I hope to do someday:

http://www.arrowheadultra.com/

Holy Frost Bite Bill!!!  That sound downright crazy.  Totally self-supported for 3 days in MN in Feb????? I think one of my toes just fell off from reading about it.

The bike winners were in under 24 hours total - but they came down from Alaska so they have pretty good training ground.

My goal would be to finish obviously but in 28-30 hours with some sleep time in there!

OUTSIDE???  I'm feeling another toe about to fall off.

You have to have a bag/tent/pad in case you do sleep outside but there is some quarters at the checkpoints from what I have gathered!

But I would probably do it outside just to keep in the spirit of the race.

When we were younger I had a friend that moved to Leadville, CO and we slept outside one night during Christmas break - the elevation of Leadville is above 11,000ft so it was mighty cold!

Bill,  you DID notice that last year the temp dropped to -34*F  at night, right? 
2010-02-03 9:48 AM
in reply to: #2652106

2010-02-03 9:49 AM
in reply to: #2652089

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
kcarroll - 2010-02-03 10:42 AM
wgraves7582 - 2010-02-03 10:35 AM Shameless sponsor plug ladies and gentlemen but they just posted this ladies sleeveless jersey:

http://www.twinsix.com/gear/womens-tech/mistress-sleeveless-wj

$25.00 plus shipping - they have great gear and a lot of good pricing going on now.

Ann & Amy, they have one (The Betty) with a skull and cross-bones.

I saw that but I was going to get new running shoes this week and maybe a new swimsuit. It will have to wait. I wish they had that one in sleeveless.
in reply to: #2646688

Champion

could it be?

Champion
YES! Toppage
2010-02-03 9:53 AM

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

so today I am heading to Ventura California for a seminar.....

here is a link to where I will be staying:

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/OXNCAES-Embassy-Suites-Mandalay-Beach-Hotel-Resort-California/index.do

will be there til the weekend..... taking my dog so that we can do some running on the beach! I will bring my laptop...but not sure how much time I will get to ghoulie chat...but will be here with you guys in spirit! I will behave when I eat out! I will behave when I eat out....I will behave when I eat out....I will! WONT I?

I may drive the few hours to go to San Diego and spend the weekend with our daughter...hope everyone has a great HUMP DAY! and it carries thru to the weekend!

I will do my best to have:

SMALL PORTIONS!

NO FRIED FOODS!

NO BREAD - Well...maybe a sandwich...but no bread with dinner and no TOAST with breakfast!

NO SODAS and cut back on margaritas....have wine instead!

LETS LOSE SOME WEIGHT GHOULIES!!!!!!!!!!!

2010-02-03 9:56 AM
in reply to: #2652150

Champion
Girl Passing on Left - 2010-02-03 10:53 AM

http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/OXNCAES-Embassy-Suites-Mandalay-Beach-Hotel-Resort-California/index.do

will be there til the weekend..... taking my dog so that we can do some running on the beach! I will bring my laptop...but not sure how much time I will get to ghoulie chat...but will be here with you guys in spirit! I will behave when I eat out! I will behave when I eat out....I will behave when I eat out....I will! WONT I?

I may drive the few hours to go to San Diego and spend the weekend with our daughter...hope everyone has a great HUMP DAY! and it carries thru to the weekend!

SMALL PORTIONS!

NO FRIED FOODS!

NO BREAD - Well...maybe a sandwich...but no bread with dinner and no TOAST with breakfast!

Whoa Jules. That's crazy talk right there. It's an alcohol rub from the inside out, good for the spirit.
2010-02-03 9:58 AM

2010-02-03 10:05 AM

Pro
NJ

SMALL PORTIONS!

NO FRIED FOODS!

Now THAT'S where I want to be in February.  Nice. 

2010-02-03 10:22 AM

Elite
washington state
I am heading out to do a quick run before work.  Catch ya later!
2010-02-03 10:23 AM
in reply to: #2652160

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

ironannekidd - 2010-02-03 7:56 AM

SMALL PORTIONS!

NO FRIED FOODS!

Whoa Jules. That's crazy talk right there. It's an alcohol rub from the inside out, good for the spirit.

thanks Ann....I will have one or maybe three in your honor! I really dont know what swept over me when I typed that!??? crazy talk indeed!!!!

see what a push over I am!!!! haha

2010-02-03 10:26 AM
in reply to: #2652168

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

wgraves7582 - 2010-02-03 7:58 AM

SMALL PORTIONS!

NO FRIED FOODS!

Jules that looks like a nice place!  You have to pay for parking?????

I so want to go to the Channel Islands - next trip to LA that will be my destination!

we need to do a monster mash and all meet there one day! what ya say ghoulies...ya in??????? by then maybe I can win the lottery and pay for all your rooms...and for all the Margaritas Ann can drink while there....thanks Ann for snapping me out of my diet coma! I will just have to have more tequilla and less of the sugary mix...right, Ann???

2010-02-03 10:31 AM
in reply to: #2652168

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

SMALL PORTIONS!

NO FRIED FOODS!

I so want to go to the Channel Islands - next trip to LA that will be my destination!

Haha...funny you saw the pay for parking! did you see what I have to pay for the dog!?? DOG GONE IT!

most will be refunded by work...but sure the dog part will not fly! so I will end up eating that cost! but will be good to have her along!

the Channel Islands, eh! so when are you shooting to go there?

2010-02-03 10:33 AM
in reply to: #2652196

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

kcarroll - 2010-02-03 8:05 AM

SMALL PORTIONS!

NO FRIED FOODS!

the rooms are suites Kim...you are welcome to the couch in the main room...believe you me, I am an early to bed and not too early a riser so you would have plenty of BEAUTY rest in between the runs, bike rides we have planned to do! they rent bikes so you are covered! and I will get an extra ticket for the harbor cruise we are going on tonight! YOU IN? just have to get there! and the rest is on me!

2010-02-03 10:35 AM
in reply to: #2652245

Champion
Santa Cruz, California

deehtz - 2010-02-03 8:22 AM I am heading out to do a quick run before work.  Catch ya later!

have a good run, Dee!!

2010-02-03 10:35 AM
in reply to: #2652264

Champion
Girl Passing on Left - 2010-02-03 11:26 AM

SMALL PORTIONS!

NO FRIED FOODS!

we need to do a monster mash and all meet there one day! what ya say ghoulies...ya in??????? by then maybe I can win the lottery and pay for all your rooms...and for all the Margaritas Ann can drink while there....thanks Ann for snapping me out of my diet coma! I will just have to have more tequilla and less of the sugary mix...right, Ann???

Look at it as carbo loading

I hope you win a boat load if you're paying for all the Margaritas I can drink

I'm sure one of the fine gentleman here in the village, or Bill, would make sure I got back to my room safely if I became intoxicated.
2010-02-03 10:36 AM
in reply to: #2652290

Pro
NJ
Girl Passing on Left - 2010-02-03 11:33 AM

SMALL PORTIONS!

NO FRIED FOODS!

the rooms are suites Kim...you are welcome to the couch in the main room...believe you me, I am an early to bed and not too early a riser so you would have plenty of BEAUTY rest in between the runs, bike rides we have planned to do! they rent bikes so you are covered! and I will get an extra ticket for the harbor cruise we are going on tonight! YOU IN? just have to get there! and the rest is on me!

Heading to Newark now. Who needs a suitcase? I'll buy a bathing suit in the gift shop.
2010-02-03 10:36 AM
in reply to: #2652274

2010-02-03 10:38 AM
in reply to: #2652293

2010-02-03 10:45 AM
in reply to: #2652297

Champion
kcarroll - 2010-02-03 11:36 AM
Girl Passing on Left - 2010-02-03 11:33 AM

SMALL PORTIONS!

NO FRIED FOODS!

Heading to Newark now. Who needs a suitcase? I'll buy a bathing suit in the gift shop.

Order the pirate one and have it overnighted there!
2010-02-03 10:46 AM

Champion
Can someone please tell Bill I can't answer his question about Neal and Tom because I'm no longer talking to him? K. Thanks.

Edited by ironannekidd 2010-02-03 10:46 AM
2010-02-03 10:50 AM
in reply to: #2652336

2010-02-03 10:52 AM
in reply to: #2652336

Pro
NJ
ironannekidd - 2010-02-03 11:46 AM Can someone please tell Bill I can't answer his question about Neal and Tom because I'm no longer talking to him? K. Thanks.

Ok, I'll make the guacomole (avocodo's are good fats) and bake up some chips.  Margharita's in the blender and beer on ice. All the ghoulies need to come over to my place on Sunday and watch the game and make nice.
New Thread
CLOSED
Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Ghoulies are taking off the pounds in February!!! Rss Feed  

of 80