BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Leegoocrap's Mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 22

2011-02-10 6:03 PM
in reply to: #3256935

User image

Bronze member
Subject: RE: Leegoocrap's Mentor Group - Closed
Thanks for the pep talk! I forced myself to the pool and perked up really quick. Had a fun swim and got a compliment from the man in the lane next to me about my swimming. He even asked if I was a triathlete - gee, is it that obvious? Little did he know I was trying to see how many times I could lap him LOL. Anyway, got to go out to lunch with my sister today too. Managed the bike ride after all and even thought about going longer - but only for 1 second. Now I think I'll splurge and have a glass of wine! Tomorrow is a rest day after all

2011-02-10 6:10 PM
in reply to: #3349497

User image

New user
trigal38 - 2011-02-10 7:03 AM Thanks for the pep talk! I forced myself to the pool and perked up really quick. Had a fun swim and got a compliment from the man in the lane next to me about my swimming. He even asked if I was a triathlete - gee, is it that obvious? Little did he know I was trying to see how many times I could lap him LOL. Anyway, got to go out to lunch with my sister today too. Managed the bike ride after all and even thought about going longer - but only for 1 second. Now I think I'll splurge and have a glass of wine! Tomorrow is a rest day after all

Haha I do the same thing with whoever is in the lane next to me as well.  
2011-02-10 8:22 PM
in reply to: #3349502

New user

Centennial Colorado
Andr3w - 2011-02-10 6:10 PM
trigal38 - 2011-02-10 7:03 AM Thanks for the pep talk! I forced myself to the pool and perked up really quick. Had a fun swim and got a compliment from the man in the lane next to me about my swimming. He even asked if I was a triathlete - gee, is it that obvious? Little did he know I was trying to see how many times I could lap him LOL. Anyway, got to go out to lunch with my sister today too. Managed the bike ride after all and even thought about going longer - but only for 1 second. Now I think I'll splurge and have a glass of wine! Tomorrow is a rest day after all

Haha I do the same thing with whoever is in the lane next to me as well.  

Love it.....Go get 'em - both of ya.   Anyone you can beat is a challenge you met.
2011-02-11 5:36 PM

User image

New user
Wow did the same bike ride today right after leading a pt session and the mph graph is a huge difference. This time I only dipped to 18 mph a few times, but each mile check mark was at about 20mph!. Only crappy thing was that the gps lost its signal at the ending 4 miles :/ It felt like I picked up the pace a bit more in the end though. 

Now to find a new weekend route and longer place to ride. Bike is also getting kinda noisy so i think its about time for a quick tune up. 
2011-02-11 7:37 PM
in reply to: #3351217

User image

South Florida
Andr3w - 2011-02-11 6:36 PM Wow did the same bike ride today right after leading a pt session and the mph graph is a huge difference. This time I only dipped to 18 mph a few times, but each mile check mark was at about 20mph!. Only crappy thing was that the gps lost its signal at the ending 4 miles :/ It felt like I picked up the pace a bit more in the end though. 

Now to find a new weekend route and longer place to ride. Bike is also getting kinda noisy so i think its about time for a quick tune up. 

Glad you're liking the new bike!
2011-02-11 7:37 PM

Veteran
hello everyone!! well this working overtime is taking its toll on this ole bod!! Plan is for a 2.5 hr moderate run- early morning with my running pals. On a good note- the weather is suppose to warm up a bit- ie forecast is for -5 deg C in the morn. Have a good trng weekend everyone!! Cheers!

2011-02-11 7:53 PM
in reply to: #3351339

User image

South Florida
Well it's Friday night.  Today was a rest day for me. Did a strenth training workout yesterday and a bit sore. I have a run tomorrow with some friends at 6am and its going to be chilly out (55degrees) For me thats chilly. But the high will be around 74. So i'll take it. And it's along the beach  (Quit cursing at me!!)

Did a few runs in the Newtons and felt GREAT. My feet "remember the shoes" and was easy to transition back to them. I'm excited to run again.
2011-02-12 8:41 AM
in reply to: #3351353

User image

New user
nvalaitis - 2011-02-11 8:53 AM Well it's Friday night.  Today was a rest day for me. Did a strenth training workout yesterday and a bit sore. I have a run tomorrow with some friends at 6am and its going to be chilly out (55degrees) For me thats chilly. But the high will be around 74. So i'll take it. And it's along the beach  (Quit cursing at me!!)

Did a few runs in the Newtons and felt GREAT. My feet "remember the shoes" and was easy to transition back to them. I'm excited to run again.

Great to hear that your running issues have been resolved with going back to your old shoes. Another good thing is that it seems like they don't constantly update their line every year.   
2011-02-12 1:43 PM

User image

Bronze member
nvalaitis - 2011-02-11 7:53 PM Well it's Friday night.  Today was a rest day for me. Did a strenth training workout yesterday and a bit sore. I have a run tomorrow with some friends at 6am and its going to be chilly out (55degrees) For me thats chilly. But the high will be around 74. So i'll take it. And it's along the beach  (Quit cursing at me!!)

Ha ha ha! You know it. I'm getting ready to go ride and I'm so excited that the temp has hit 40 here today. I'm going to enjoy watching the snow melt on this ride!
2011-02-12 2:46 PM

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire
The weather over here started out damp this morning as i hit the pool for a 2km session. Around 10 the sun broke through and it dried up. Did a 26km bike session around 2pm and the temp was a balmy 56 degrees!! managed to get out without the the thick cycle top. It was a good ride completed ride in 51:30 with a good variation of hills and flat, think I am a bit dehydrated tonight as having a couple of dizzy spells. time to hydrate

hope the weekend training is going well for all
2011-02-14 8:58 AM
in reply to: #3351217

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Andr3w - 2011-02-11 6:36 PM Wow did the same bike ride today right after leading a pt session and the mph graph is a huge difference. This time I only dipped to 18 mph a few times, but each mile check mark was at about 20mph!. Only crappy thing was that the gps lost its signal at the ending 4 miles :/ It felt like I picked up the pace a bit more in the end though. 

nothing like a nice new bike

I've also got to find a new route to ride... everything around my house is traffic infested.

You're cables have probably stretched a bit, might need some fine tuning.

2011-02-14 8:59 AM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
nvalaitis - 2011-02-11 8:53 PM Well it's Friday night.  Today was a rest day for me. Did a strenth training workout yesterday and a bit sore. I have a run tomorrow with some friends at 6am and its going to be chilly out (55degrees) For me thats chilly. But the high will be around 74. So i'll take it. And it's along the beach  (Quit cursing at me!!)

Good to hear you're back in some nice shoes! 55degrees is chilly out...sigh... It's 58 here and I'm in a t-shirt for the first time in months
2011-02-14 11:41 AM
in reply to: #3353802

User image

Bronze member
Leegoocrap - 2011-02-14 8:58 AM

I've also got to find a new route to ride... everything around my house is traffic infested.

This is one thing that I have! Miles and miles of country roads. I can go for a 40 mile ride and never have to stop. I pass more cows than cars
2011-02-14 9:07 PM
in reply to: #3354244

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
trigal38 - 2011-02-14 12:41 PM

This is one thing that I have! Miles and miles of country roads. I can go for a 40 mile ride and never have to stop. I pass more cows than cars

gah I would kill for that... I love riding outdoors, it's just soooo 'spotty.' I have dodged thrown beer bottles on numerous occasions. Fortunately most of the people lobbing them have fairly poor aim. Good Ole East TN...gotta love it.
2011-02-15 9:11 PM
in reply to: #3355323

User image

South Florida
Riding outdoors is year round down here. I usually ride up the beach (A1A), but having the tourist and the snowbirds here, it makes riding down here a bit scary. So the earlier i get on the road the better.

The running in the Newtons is getteing much better. I did 6mile run lat Saturday in my older Newtons(Performance Trainers) and my feet acutally hurt. I did 4 today at a moderate faster pace with some sprints mixed in, and my feet feel great. It feels so liberating now going out for a run. Now i just gotta work on my speed. First race is 53 days away! I am pumped!
2011-02-16 9:32 AM

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
Wow, been so busy the last little bit it seems. Apologies to everyone for being a bit slow (I'm a bit slow to start with ) I promise things will slow down some day Trying to work two jobs AND building back up to race shape has kicked my butt. That said, I've had some really great workouts the last couple of days... starting to feel really good about the upcoming season. Got my fit on (one of) my bike dialed in yesterday... and sat/rode a Speed Concept. Not sure if it made me any faster or not, but it did ride nice! Ahh bike lust.

Got a ride scheduled for tonight, can't wait to tear up some numbers

2011-02-16 12:04 PM
in reply to: #3354244

User image

Veteran
Seattle, Washington
trigal38 - 2011-02-14 10:41 AM

I'm in the same boat! Actually had a ride last fall where we had to get off our bikes and climb a fence to get out of the way of a cattle drive coming down the road at us. Can't say I've ever been so close to so many cows!

Edited by MechEChick 2011-02-16 12:05 PM
2011-02-16 5:45 PM

User image

Regular
Hertford,Hertfordshire
hope your all well

hit a major milestone tonight. Completed my first ever 10km run! as lame as it sounds i have never been a fan of the run and always done the bare minimum to keep legs turning, but as this is my 2nd season and I am on a fitness and weight loss drive i pushed on at the 5km mark. The 8th and 9th km actually felt the best but 10th was a struggle at end, think the mind knew the end was in sight.

dead Chuffed tonight though
2011-02-16 5:57 PM

User image

New user
Woo looks like im near last years mile pr mark. Just ran a 5:35 mile outside. Didn't feel like I ran my hardest in this one as well. Definitely started to slow down a bit. This years goal is to try to bring it down to a low 5 or maybe a 4. 

Bike is going back to the shop again . Been riding pretty hard and I guess since its a brand new bike, the cables are still stretching. Definitely not how my previous 105 drive train felt.
2011-02-16 7:51 PM
in reply to: #3358874

User image

South Florida
MAC36 - 2011-02-16 6:45 PM hope your all well

hit a major milestone tonight. Completed my first ever 10km run! as lame as it sounds i have never been a fan of the run and always done the bare minimum to keep legs turning, but as this is my 2nd season and I am on a fitness and weight loss drive i pushed on at the 5km mark. The 8th and 9th km actually felt the best but 10th was a struggle at end, think the mind knew the end was in sight.

BIG CONGRATS!!!! Keep up the excellent work! It does get easier!
2011-02-16 7:58 PM
in reply to: #3358908

User image

South Florida
Andr3w - 2011-02-16 6:57 PM Woo looks like im near last years mile pr mark. Just ran a 5:35 mile outside. Didn't feel like I ran my hardest in this one as well. Definitely started to slow down a bit. This years goal is to try to bring it down to a low 5 or maybe a 4. 

Bike is going back to the shop again . Been riding pretty hard and I guess since its a brand new bike, the cables are still stretching. Definitely not how my previous 105 drive train felt.

5:35! DAMN! Nice foot work.

2011-02-16 8:40 PM

User image

Bronze member
Good work everyone! I'm impressed!

We finally got a warm day today - high of 68 degrees. I got to run in shorts!
2011-02-18 8:35 AM
in reply to: #3358874

User image

Champion
Knoxville area
MAC36 - 2011-02-16 6:45 PM hope your all well

Well done sir! It only gets easier from here!
2011-02-18 3:00 PM
in reply to: #3359115

User image

New user
trigal38 - 2011-02-16 9:40 AM Good work everyone! I'm impressed!

Was a warm day for me as well on Thursday. Had lots planned, but woke up with food poisoning Thursday morning and still recouping today. Two perfect days missed :/ 
2011-02-18 6:39 PM
in reply to: #3362188

User image

Bronze member
Andr3w - 2011-02-18 3:00 PM
trigal38 - 2011-02-16 9:40 AM Good work everyone! I'm impressed!

Was a warm day for me as well on Thursday. Had lots planned, but woke up with food poisoning Thursday morning and still recouping today. Two perfect days missed :/ 

That's awful! How did you get food poisoning? Hope you are better soon!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Leegoocrap's Mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 22