BT Development Mentor Program Archives » MAD MANATEE Mentor Group (TriAya & lmscozz)--CLOSED! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 38

2011-01-08 11:34 AM
in reply to: #3256055

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: MAD MANATEE Mentor Group (TriAya & lmscozz)--CLOSED!
well John ... i'm going to throw another spanner in the works and ask, why not just follow one of the Be Iron Fit plans? After all, it has a lot of lower-intensity base, but also workouts of varying intensity, you've got 3 plans to choose from so you can pick the volume that works, it's got a half-iron planned at week 22 (perfect training for Alcatraz) and then the rest of the 8 weeks is quality workouts that would, perhaps with a little modification, be perfect to lead you into your half

Just another option ...

2011-01-08 11:42 AM
in reply to: #3286539

User image

Veteran
Pueblo, CO
Breakfast Decision...Poptart or vegan breakfast sandwich:

Poptart:
- made from ? - does it really matter when the first 3 ingredients include enriched flower, corn syrup, AND high fructose corn syrup. So much syrup I'm wondering if it is a pancake.
- ~200 calories each - typically eat 2 servings (2 pop tarts) for 400 calories

Sandwich:
- grilled portabella mushroom
- 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread
- roasted red pepper hummas
- avacado slices
~ 450 calories depending on ingredient portions

I'll take the sandwich.  Cool  Sorry yanti.  Tongue out
2011-01-08 11:48 AM
in reply to: #3286564

User image

Veteran
Pueblo, CO

TriAya - 2011-01-08 10:34 AM well John ... i'm going to throw another spanner in the works and ask, why not just follow one of the Be Iron Fit plans? After all, it has a lot of lower-intensity base, but also workouts of varying intensity, you've got 3 plans to choose from so you can pick the volume that works, it's got a half-iron planned at week 22 (perfect training for Alcatraz) and then the rest of the 8 weeks is quality workouts that would, perhaps with a little modification, be perfect to lead you into your half

Just another option ...

You and your darn options.

The reason I did not...because I did not think about that.  I had read the Be Iron Fit but returned it to the library after copying the weight sessions out of it.  Then my librarian sweetie bought it for me for christmas since I liked it soo much.

I will now have to go look at thoes plans again because I do remember them being pretty close to what I was using last summer AND they are for time crunched individuals. 

Great suggestion.  I owe you a poptart (regardless of my prior post on that topic).

2011-01-08 11:55 AM
in reply to: #3286577

User image

Melon Presser
mackjenn - 2011-01-09 12:42 AM Breakfast Decision...Poptart or vegan breakfast sandwich:

Poptart:
- made from ? - does it really matter when the first 3 ingredients include enriched flower, corn syrup, AND high fructose corn syrup. So much syrup I'm wondering if it is a pancake.
- ~200 calories each - typically eat 2 servings (2 pop tarts) for 400 calories

Sandwich:
- grilled portabella mushroom
- 2 slices of toasted whole wheat bread
- roasted red pepper hummas
- avacado slices
~ 450 calories depending on ingredient portions

I'll take the sandwich.  Cool  Sorry yanti.  Tongue out

heh. I think I may have posted this here before ... or somewhere else? [gets hard to keep track of when you shoot your mouth off as much as I do around here]

I actually only eat Pop Tarts as recovery food after workouts. I might also eat them as breakfast, with milk for protein, only before 'going long', except I don't recall actually having ever done this.

your sandwich sounds yummy

oh and don't be promisin' pop tarts without deliverin' ... i'll come and take it out of your flesh, i will
2011-01-08 11:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Queens, NY
I finally got back outside today for a run- it was difficult as there us still alot of snow and ice in certain places. Once I figured out I wasnt going to fall and die, I managed about 2 miles easily - I probably walked another two before that. I missed swimming Thursday- it was my first day back at work from the holiday vacation and I was EXHAUSTED. I didnt do anything yesterday either!  This time of year, all I want to do is sleep and eat. Really - at any poit in the day I could crawl into a warm corner and nap.

I may be able to get to the pool later today - if not, a long sweaty trainer session is in order.
2011-01-08 12:02 PM
in reply to: #3286601

User image

Melon Presser
bluwatersoul - 2011-01-09 12:58 AM I finally got back outside today for a run- it was difficult as there us still alot of snow and ice in certain places. Once I figured out I wasnt going to fall and die, I managed about 2 miles easily - I probably walked another two before that. I missed swimming Thursday- it was my first day back at work from the holiday vacation and I was EXHAUSTED. I didnt do anything yesterday either!  This time of year, all I want to do is sleep and eat. Really - at any poit in the day I could crawl into a warm corner and nap.

I may be able to get to the pool later today - if not, a long sweaty trainer session is in order.

Great job on the run! Yes, fear of snow sharks is not easy to handle ... and the threat can be real

All I ever wanted to do in 'winter' was curl into a warm electric blanket, preferably with a dog or three, and also nap ... and I uh lived in California ...

Don't be afraid to rest as much as you can, either, though. Sometimes you actually have to recover from holidays--almost as long as the holiday was for.

2011-01-08 12:10 PM

User image

Melon Presser
for those of you considering HALF-IRON RACES

two thoughts. second one is more important

1) I'd recommend reading Tom Rodgers's The Perfect Distance, a training book dedicated to "half" or long-course racing. It is excellent. To segue into my second point, the book emphasizes above all cultivating

"a deep love of cycling"

2) Cycle. Cycle. Cycle. Cycle some more. There is a world of difference between a 50-mile ride (which I'd done several of, and are not, all things considered, that hard) and a 56-mile bike race sandwiched into a swim and a half-marathon. The more cycling volume you can get in, on terrain/conditions likely to be similar to your race venue, the *much* happier you will be during the race and perhaps as importantly, the weeks after.
2011-01-08 12:10 PM
in reply to: #3286609

User image

Veteran
Queens, NY
TriAya - 2011-01-08 12:02 PM Great job on the run! Yes, fear of snow sharks is not easy to handle ... and the threat can be real

All I ever wanted to do in 'winter' was curl into a warm electric blanket, preferably with a dog or three, and also nap ... and I uh lived in California ...

Don't be afraid to rest as much as you can, either, though. Sometimes you actually have to recover from holidays--almost as long as the holiday was for.

Thanks for that - I should take advantage of some down time but always feel so guilty doing so! This is always the toughest part of winter - very cold and shortened days - but its only a few more weeks to get through and then it gets much easier.

How do the rest of you manage your diets at this time? I still want to eat like I am training alot! I eat clean, but I eat alot. I need to lose some poundage, and I am almost always hungry.....
2011-01-08 12:17 PM
in reply to: #3286618

User image

Melon Presser
bluwatersoul - 2011-01-09 1:10 AM

Thanks for that - I should take advantage of some down time but always feel so guilty doing so! This is always the toughest part of winter - very cold and shortened days - but its only a few more weeks to get through and then it gets much easier.

How do the rest of you manage your diets at this time? I still want to eat like I am training alot! I eat clean, but I eat alot. I need to lose some poundage, and I am almost always hungry.....

1. ARE you actually getting enough calories?

2. If yes on that and nutrients, blah blah blah, and you've recently made adjustments, it takes a while for your body to get used to. You won't feel hungry forever.

3. Lower-calorie high-fiber foods. Do I really think I'm hungry despite having recently eaten? I drink some water. Still hungry? fine, munch on some baby carrots or air-popped corn (dab o' protein in there is fine too, can really help). Okay, half an hour later, STIlLL HUNGRY? Have a decent snack of a couple hundred calories, quality, carb/protein/a little bit of healthy fat.

4. with everything (very hard for the time-challenged, I do know), do try to sit down eating ... savoring bites ... eat slowly.
2011-01-08 2:40 PM
in reply to: #3286616

User image

Expert
South Jersey
TriAya - 2011-01-08 12:10 PM for those of you considering HALF-IRON RACES

1) I'd recommend reading Tom Rodgers's The Perfect Distance, a training book dedicated to "half" or long-course racing. It is excellent. To segue into my second point, the book emphasizes above all cultivating

"a deep love of cycling"

2) Cycle. Cycle. Cycle. Cycle some more. There is a world of difference between a 50-mile ride (which I'd done several of, and are not, all things considered, that hard) and a 56-mile bike race sandwiched into a swim and a half-marathon. The more cycling volume you can get in, on terrain/conditions likely to be similar to your race venue, the *much* happier you will be during the race and perhaps as importantly, the weeks after.

And that is what I told my husband when he tried to talk me into doing a HIM this year.  Mind you, he does not do this stuff at all but he was encouraging me to do one with some ladies from my tri club.  I don't have the hours to put into riding right now.  He told me that the time put in to training for the half can't be any more than I did for the marathon.  He is right but I told him the difference is the time of the day I would have to train.

I just registered for my second marathon!  May 15!!!
2011-01-08 2:56 PM
in reply to: #3286616

User image

Veteran
TriAya - 2011-01-08 11:10 AM for those of you considering HALF-IRON RACES

"a deep love of cycling"

Thanks Yanti.  (and for all the rest of the previous info and humor!)

....so...  how much cycle/cycle/cycle should one be doing?  I have to do all of my winter riding on the trainer until April at least. I will be riding with a tri-club 2 times a week and then supplimenting with my own rides for the next 4 months. Just wondering how many "long" rides I should be doing and what you would consider a long ride on the trainer. (should I go by time or distance??)  And should it just be at a fairly easy/steady ride?

.. I know.. so many questions ... but I really am silly tri newbe who doesn't have a clue how to train for this!!!

2011-01-08 3:04 PM
in reply to: #3286838

User image

Master
Vista, CA

I like the sandwich myself. Not a poptart fan. I find that when I eat stuff like that it only makes me want more and I feel yucky after the blood sugar spike and drop. Sorry to take all the fun out of it. They are pretty though.

Congrats on signing up for your marathon, Megg!Which one did you choose?

Glad Yanti's on top of the different training programs. I don't think there's anything that girl doesn't know, except the plots of Danielle Steele novels (read her bio).

I was out running and Yanti it's around 60 here, cloudy and breezy and I was freaking cold and never really got too hot. I even wore tights and a jacket! If our Southern California sun isn't out it's just not warm.

Someone has asked about recipes the other day and I have a bunch, but here's one I made last night from the latest WW cookbook -- Sweet Potato Pancakes -- 2 t.canola oil, 3/4 pound of sweet potato, peeled and shredded, 2 scallions (I didn't have any so used chopped red onion), 1 large egg lightly beaten, 1 T flour, 1/4 t. salt. Preheat oven to 400 and brush large rimmed baking pan with oil. Bovine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Place mixture by packed 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart in prepared pan. Press each into 3-inch circle. Bake until bottoms are browned, about 20 minutes. Spray pancakes with nonstick spray and gently turn. Bake about 10 minutes more until cooked through and browned.

They were yummy. If  you're counting points plus they are 3 for 2 cakes.

I also put a sprinkle of chipotle pepper on them. You could put a dollop of sour cream if you wanted.

I'll share some more recipes as I remember them/cook more.

2011-01-08 3:32 PM

User image

Expert
Troy, MI
I AM A RUNNER again! Great cold (13 degrees ) run with yak trax pro on my shoes. I haven't been this excited since my manatee 5k last April.My HIM plan is 18 weeks so it starts Feb. 13. It is from trinewbies. It seems manageable for my level. Right now, I am playing and enjoying. I am doing a trainerfest with the Michigan BT'ers tomorrow so 2-3 hours of t.I.t.s.
2011-01-08 4:00 PM

User image

Veteran
Pueblo, CO
Hey all - if you take the survey (upper left of your home page), you will get some additional "coupon codes" for some of the sponsors.

Might be good deal if you need something.
2011-01-09 12:16 AM
in reply to: #3286131

User image

Regular
New Zealand
SteveyD - 2011-01-08 5:03 AM POP TART

looks like excellent post workout food   I feel like a global citizen now
2011-01-09 6:24 AM
in reply to: #3286880

User image

Expert
South Jersey
lmscozz - 2011-01-08 3:04 PM

Congrats on signing up for your marathon, Megg!Which one did you choose?  

It is a small race in Delaware.  It will be a huge change from Philly last year but my options are limited in the Spring.  I wanted a local one again because of the kids.  I am not ready to travel for races yet.  The kids won't be at the race but it is still easier to do local ones.  I can't do a marathon until May because I can't do the 20 mile runs until April because of work.  I was going to wait until the fall to do another one but I have been itching to do one sooner.  A good friend told me to jump back in the saddle and he regrets waiting a whole year between his first two.

2011-01-09 9:50 AM
in reply to: #3286925

User image

Veteran
Queens, NY
jogo - 2011-01-08 3:32 PM I AM A RUNNER again! Great cold (13 degrees ) run with yak trax pro on my shoes. I haven't been this excited since my manatee 5k last April.My HIM plan is 18 weeks so it starts Feb. 13. It is from trinewbies. It seems manageable for my level. Right now, I am playing and enjoying. I am doing a trainerfest with the Michigan BT'ers tomorrow so 2-3 hours of t.I.t.s.

Congrats on running again! I had a good snowy run yesterday but I dont have any yaktrax....and today with the wind whipping I am doubtful about going out again... BUT- 3 hours on a trainer, please do tell what coping skills are employed to keep you from running screaming out of the building? Maybe I am just ADD, but I have training videos, movies, my MP3 player and prayer to keep me from losing it for a 90 minute ride!Laughing
2011-01-09 9:51 AM
in reply to: #3286131

User image

Veteran
Queens, NY

See, this is just evil and wrong!
2011-01-09 11:31 AM
in reply to: #3278722

User image

Veteran
jogo - 2011-01-05 5:50 AM

Great race report!  I love to read baseline reports and see improvement, especially when they are entertaining.  My 1st tri was my best tri.  I am still looking for that improvement. 

I am starting with some base building until my plan starts on Feb. 13.  I am trying to make all my stupid mistakes now and I've been successful so far. 

Stupid mistake last night: nutrition.  I beyond screwed up.  Started the day, starving for some reason.  I had my oatmeal, like usual, but all day at work I had a craving for these energy stick bagels and PB.  I finally broke down and had one at 10:30am.  I ate everything in site all day, soup, 2 bananas, clementines, apple, dark chocolate and then proceeded to have a big dinner of chicken, baked potato and broccoli, right before spin class.  BIG MISTAKE!!!   I ate at 45 minutes before class started.  I have never been so uncomfortable in my life.  I had side stitches and then at the end both arches of both feet cramped.  Did I mention, I had very little water all day?  STUPID!!!! 

So could we please talk about nutrition.  Why was I starving?   Please look at my logs.  I don't think I am at a point that I am working my body hard enough to warrant wanting to eat everything in site.  I tried to do the whole eat when I was hungry thing but seriously, I was famished.  I need help.  I am going to blow up before I even get started. 

I really know nothing about nutrition with training.  When do you eat?  What do you eat?  When should you take nutrition in training?   I am going to a trainerfest (2-3 hours on a trainer with the Michigan group) on Sunday.  I have no idea what to eat when sitting on a bike for 2 hours.  For the HIM, I'll be on the bike for 4 hours, I need a plan.

What about swimming?  I am swimming tonight.  When should I eat before and what?  Do I eat anything after?  

Does anyone have any thoughts?   Thank you in advance for your help. 

Hey Jo - I am in exactly the same place as you. I have no idea how to fuel myself while training and planing for this thing.  My daughter gave me a bunch of gels/shot blocks etc. in my stocking at xmas to try while I'm triaining tho! So hopefully will find something that works.  One of the guys that was in my cycling class used to just pop a shot block or two in his mouth during the ride.  And I always hydrate with one bottle of water and one G2.

But.. I did find this on one of the forums.  Haven't had a chance to go thru it yet - but plan on giving it a read.  Hopefully it will give some insights.

http://www.hammernutrition.com/downloads/fuelinghandbook.pdf?utm_source=guidetosuccess&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=guidetosuccess

Good luck and let me know if you find anything that is working for you!
2011-01-09 11:32 AM
in reply to: #3287891

User image

Veteran
bluwatersoul - 2011-01-09 8:51 AM

See, this is just evil and wrong!

.....agreed.... I swear I gain 5lbs just LOOKING at pictures like this!!!
2011-01-09 12:06 PM
in reply to: #3288005

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

kalico123 - 2011-01-09 12:31 PM
jogo - 2011-01-05 5:50 AM

Great race report!  I love to read baseline reports and see improvement, especially when they are entertaining.  My 1st tri was my best tri.  I am still looking for that improvement. 

I am starting with some base building until my plan starts on Feb. 13.  I am trying to make all my stupid mistakes now and I've been successful so far. 

Stupid mistake last night: nutrition.  I beyond screwed up.  Started the day, starving for some reason.  I had my oatmeal, like usual, but all day at work I had a craving for these energy stick bagels and PB.  I finally broke down and had one at 10:30am.  I ate everything in site all day, soup, 2 bananas, clementines, apple, dark chocolate and then proceeded to have a big dinner of chicken, baked potato and broccoli, right before spin class.  BIG MISTAKE!!!   I ate at 45 minutes before class started.  I have never been so uncomfortable in my life.  I had side stitches and then at the end both arches of both feet cramped.  Did I mention, I had very little water all day?  STUPID!!!! 

So could we please talk about nutrition.  Why was I starving?   Please look at my logs.  I don't think I am at a point that I am working my body hard enough to warrant wanting to eat everything in site.  I tried to do the whole eat when I was hungry thing but seriously, I was famished.  I need help.  I am going to blow up before I even get started. 

I really know nothing about nutrition with training.  When do you eat?  What do you eat?  When should you take nutrition in training?   I am going to a trainerfest (2-3 hours on a trainer with the Michigan group) on Sunday.  I have no idea what to eat when sitting on a bike for 2 hours.  For the HIM, I'll be on the bike for 4 hours, I need a plan.

What about swimming?  I am swimming tonight.  When should I eat before and what?  Do I eat anything after?  

Does anyone have any thoughts?   Thank you in advance for your help. 

Hey Jo - I am in exactly the same place as you. I have no idea how to fuel myself while training and planing for this thing.  My daughter gave me a bunch of gels/shot blocks etc. in my stocking at xmas to try while I'm triaining tho! So hopefully will find something that works.  One of the guys that was in my cycling class used to just pop a shot block or two in his mouth during the ride.  And I always hydrate with one bottle of water and one G2.

But.. I did find this on one of the forums.  Haven't had a chance to go thru it yet - but plan on giving it a read.  Hopefully it will give some insights.

http://www.hammernutrition.com/downloads/fuelinghandbook.pdf?utm_source=guidetosuccess&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=guidetosuccess

Good luck and let me know if you find anything that is working for you!

I love clif shot blocks.  When I trained for the Chicago marathon I would pop one every 3 miles on my long runs over 10 miles.  GU and GU chomps don't like me.  I like hammer products.  I see people with electrolyte drinks on the bike.  I've never been much of a gatorade girl (margarita flavored clif shot blocks have electrolytes, its like my little tropical vacation during a race).  I have not idea what to do for 58 miles during an HIM. 

Today was the trainerfest.  I went through 2 bottles of water in 1 hour 45 minutes and we passed the container of oatmeal raisin cookies that knewbike brought around about an 1 hour in to the fest.  After the trainerfest is food fest.  I replenished with a bottle of beer (yes, before noon on a Sunday) and some hummus/veggies and another oatmeal raisin cookie.  I feel a thousand times better than I did last year at a trainerfest where I had nothing but water on the bike and limited my after bike intake to just fruit and veggies.  Beer is one of my favorite recovery drinks and they serve it at many tri's and running races after the race.  Tastes so much better than those powdered recovery drinks. 

2011-01-09 12:11 PM
in reply to: #3287889

User image

Expert
Troy, MI

bluwatersoul - 2011-01-09 10:50 AM
jogo - 2011-01-08 3:32 PM I AM A RUNNER again! Great cold (13 degrees ) run with yak trax pro on my shoes. I haven't been this excited since my manatee 5k last April.My HIM plan is 18 weeks so it starts Feb. 13. It is from trinewbies. It seems manageable for my level. Right now, I am playing and enjoying. I am doing a trainerfest with the Michigan BT'ers tomorrow so 2-3 hours of t.I.t.s.

Congrats on running again! I had a good snowy run yesterday but I dont have any yaktrax....and today with the wind whipping I am doubtful about going out again... BUT- 3 hours on a trainer, please do tell what coping skills are employed to keep you from running screaming out of the building? Maybe I am just ADD, but I have training videos, movies, my MP3 player and prayer to keep me from losing it for a 90 minute ride!Laughing

Thanks for the congrats.  I've been running, just not enjoying.  Now I am excited again. 

Trainerfests are the way to go to do long rides.  I ended with 1 hour 45 min today.  We had 18 of us from Michigan BT that were mat to mat with each other in a room with windows open, screaming to each other over the noise of the trainers, and wooping and hollering everytime somebody decided to sprint.  Its so much more entertaining with a group.  The TV is on but no one watches. I can't go that long by myself without going insane, even with a movie on.  

2011-01-09 12:58 PM

User image

Regular
Dubln, Ohio

I started my training plan today.  Need to get used to getting up early again on the weekends; been a slug way long.  Yesterday, registered for Midwest Indoor Tri-Classic Series.  I have particated in this event in the past and it has always been well organized and they raise money for the MS Society. 

From the article:

One final note: If you have truly resolved to become a triathlete, you should sign up for a race now! There’s no better way to ensure you will stick with your goal than putting money on the table.

Edited by Lagnar 2011-01-09 12:59 PM
2011-01-09 1:53 PM
in reply to: #3288047

User image

Melon Presser
jogo - 2011-01-10 1:06 AM

I love clif shot blocks.  When I trained for the Chicago marathon I would pop one every 3 miles on my long runs over 10 miles.  GU and GU chomps don't like me.  I like hammer products.  I see people with electrolyte drinks on the bike.  I've never been much of a gatorade girl (margarita flavored clif shot blocks have electrolytes, its like my little tropical vacation during a race).  I have not idea what to do for 58 miles during an HIM. 

God bless Margarita blocks.

Anyhow ... just like long runs, long bikes are the time to figure out what works for race nutrition. You don't have to do electro/carb drinks if they don't suit you; you'll just have to carry enough blox or other electro/carb solid to tide you over. Do you know what drink they'll be serving on the course?
2011-01-09 2:18 PM
in reply to: #3286864

User image

Melon Presser
kalico123 - 2011-01-09 3:56 AM
Thanks Yanti.  (and for all the rest of the previous info and humor!)

....so...  how much cycle/cycle/cycle should one be doing?  I have to do all of my winter riding on the trainer until April at least. I will be riding with a tri-club 2 times a week and then supplimenting with my own rides for the next 4 months. Just wondering how many "long" rides I should be doing and what you would consider a long ride on the trainer. (should I go by time or distance??)  And should it just be at a fairly easy/steady ride?

.. I know.. so many questions ... but I really am silly tri newbe who doesn't have a clue how to train for this!!!

Hoy Kathy, how did I -just- notice you are in Regina? (rhymes with ...) Anyway, do you know Marina? She's a fellow BTer there ...

ha ha new to tri you may be, but silly you are not ... I think I have the market cornered on silly ... but I'm happy to share stock, I'm a giver that way

What kind of an overall training program are you following (your logs say Winter Maintenance run focus, but that's definitely not what you're doing)? You look like you're putting some great cycling volume in at a decent clip and are steadly increasing. what are the rides with the tri-club like?

You are going to remember to input your races and your goals and how you plan to achieve them on the spreadsheet for your, my, and all of our easy reference, right?

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0An7ZkKfHG1L1dHphaHc0aFczX0FkOEdhaERqWG0wa1E&hl=en&authkey=CJGo6JsM

the easy answer is: follow an appropriate training plan, and yes, that will prepare you adequately.

Additionally, however ... This is just my opinion, but in the interest of getting big T.I.T.S. (time in the saddle) that will serve you even better on race day, sneak in as much 'extra' riding as you can. Not by adding workouts, but by adding ... a commute. A leisure ride. A few errand rides here and there. Hop on the trainer during commercials or a slightly longer phone conversation. do a very easy warm-up ride TO the tri-club ride and cool down on your way back.

It is astonishing how this adds up.

As i said, you're already putting in good cycling, so it's not going to be a big stretch for you by the time you really get into the thick of a HIM plan to exceed it. some plans have as few as a couple of 50-mile rides as long rides and I think that's a travesty. If you can, get in a half-dozen 60+ mile long rides and come race day ... even if it's your first HIM and your goal is to have fun and finish (as is appropriate for a first shot at a distance), it's going to be a LOT easier to do both.

for now, not so much 'easy' but definitely steady, like you've been doing. don't be afraid to push it once in a while (as in hills on the group rides or going harder or in a bigger gear on the trainer) as long as it doesn't interfere with your ability to complete the distance you're riding and be good to go whenever your next workout is. cycling won't kill you like running might, and you're well on your way.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » MAD MANATEE Mentor Group (TriAya & lmscozz)--CLOSED! Rss Feed  

of 38