Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 46

2007-06-23 7:00 PM
in reply to: #801361

User image

Veteran
Miami
Subject: RE: Rich Miller's Group - FULL
CRIS!!!! OMG! you did it. I am sooo excited for you!!!!!! this is FANTABULOUS!
I am very proud and happy for you. See you didn't drown and you did great and never stopped which is KEY!!

i am getting ready for mine tomorrow. I'm nervous/excited- so , I'm packing and frankticly trying to remember all the rules...bike on the right, pass (15 seconds) on the left side, 3 bikes away. Helmet stays on until you reach your bike, that kinda stuff. I mean, I guess the rules are generally logical, but I'm not exactly logical when I'm racing....hahahha

I expect a FULL report Cris! I am super proud of you and very happy you had so much fun!
I'll be reporting tomorrow.
Rest and enjoy the victory!!

love you all.

2007-06-23 9:05 PM

User image

Regular
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Here I get busy for a week and look what I miss! Great job Cris, you rock! Best of luck to you tomorrow, Caru. You are going to do great! You are all inspiring me to do more (I have no idea how I find the time) but I signed up for a sprint in August (my first tri ever). I figured getting a sprint under my belt would help me when I do the Olympic in September.

Things are going okay for me here. The last week has been tough for working out, mainly because of work. If I don't ever post a lot here and you are wondering what is going on with me, the check out my blog (http://energyunplugged.blogspot.com) since I usually update that first before I write here. (I am training and fundraising to fight cancer, remember, so that is a higher priority for me right now.)

I think of you all often, and enjoy reading the entries throughout the week. Just know I am behind you all 100% in everything you do, and appreciate you all very much! I'm so happy to be in this group, you are all awesome!!!
2007-06-23 11:38 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: Another Triathlete Joins the Ranks!!!!
Hey Christine!

ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING! I can tell from your post that you are absolutely stoked! I'm sooo proud of you! Let me tell you that you learned something very important by yourself on your first ride.... the cornering on the bike ride.....I bet if you ask those people that wiped out if they were first time triathletes, they would also respond that they were! Kudos on your part on taking it a little slowly around the corners.

I was thinking about you this morning while I was riding....thinking that you would be just about finished.

And what an inspiration to have your family there to cheer you on! I am SOOOOOOOO happy that you had a fun time and a GREAT experience.

Are you hooked now?

Rich
2007-06-24 6:24 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA
I am totally hooked now and couldn't stop myself from starting to think about the next race when I lay my head down on the pillow last night. Too funny!

The truly amazing thing is that my brother (who's a surfer and mountain biker) really enjoyed the experience and is thinking about joining me for Steelman in August!
2007-06-24 9:58 AM

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas

Christine, Congratulations on a well done race!  I can just see the smile on your face as you crossed the finish line!  I'm so proud of you.  All your hard training has paid off...You are a triathlete!  

Andi, good for you to sign up for the sprint in August.  Tri's are just so much fun! 

Looking forward to hearing from Caru and Kat! 

I'm leaving town tomorrow and heading for the mountains.  I'm so excited to be out of the heat and humidity for a few days.  I plan on running and biking since I'm going with my training partner.  We have several long runs already planned.  I'll post everything when I get home.  Everyone, have a great week and train hard! or recover! 

Angela

2007-06-24 12:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Miami
guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
i WANTED TO let you all know that the race was UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I LOVED IT. guess what my favorite part was........the swim!!! hahah 'll give a full story later.
Both my brothers did it too!!! My little brother came in 5th and I came in 3rd!! our times were lil bro: 1:03 my time was 1:09. So I'm guessing we want to do less than 1 hour next time!!!1 hahahahahaI had so much fun!!!
thank you all for your support, and yes I am absolutely hooked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
love u all!!!

2007-06-24 2:22 PM
in reply to: #857457

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: CARU Podiums on her first race!
Hey Caru:

SPECTACULAR! Sounds like you had an awesome race....1:09 is a GREAT TIME for your first race (you slacker...LOL)! CONGRATULATIONS..... You are NOW a Triathlete! And give congratulations to your lil bro, too! He also had an excellent time.

And to podium position, too? Did they give out medals 3 deep for each age group? Nice if they did!

Sooooooo to get under 1 hour, I will need to see a very detailed report.......did you have another race lined up for this year?

THAT'S exciting Caru! I'm jumping up and down out here in California....... if there is a report of an earthquake....it is all my fault...

Rich

You guys are absolutely ROCKIN!

2007-06-24 2:40 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas
Subject: RE: Kat's Race

Keep jumpin', Rich, 'cause I had an AWESOME RACE TODAY, TOO!!! 

So my goal was to go all out and try to beat 1:30:00 for a sprint distance.  Are you ready for this?  1:27:52!!!!!!  I ranked 5th in my age group, and had the most totally outrageous run at the end -  8:40/mile!!! I think the computer cheated for me a little bit and stole some of my run time and put it on the bike (is that possible?) 'cause I've never gone that fast in my life. I had a gal pass me on the first straightaway while I was easing into the run. I kept her in my sights and felt really strong for the first two miles, and then kicked it into "this-is-as-fast-as-I-can-go-for-a-mile-and-I-think-I-might-hurl" speed. Caught up to the girl with about 3/4 mile to go and cranked it through the finish. That was a super-great feeling! It was about as close to a perfect race as I could have done this morning.  I'm so stoked.  I have a full race report logged if you'd like to check it out.

So now I've met all of my short-term goals for this season.  Hmmmm.....looks like I'll have to come up with some new ones.

Rich, you totally must be doing something super right by us for all three of us to have had such great races. Actually, I took your advice and tips for preps, transitions, and strategy and it all came together extremely well. YOU ROCK!!!

2007-06-24 4:15 PM
in reply to: #857197

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: Andi's Progress
Hey Andi!

You are workin it! Good Job on your training. I have been watching your blogs and you are truely getting in some great workouts...... I want you to take a look back.....remember when you just learned to clip in? How are you doing now! Big Hugs on your progress.

To everyone: If you didn't catch it, look at Andi's June 10th post...... 100 laps (forgot her workout so swam until she was tired......) Kudos, Andi!

Andi: Your June 23rd blog had a couple of things that caught my eye.... first your brick workout.... GREAT Job! Make sure you stretch after doing a brick. I'm glad you stopped off at the bike shop because you weren't happy with the gearing..... phew....if you had not, it would have been costly. Good instinct!

Sorry, but please refresh my memory.... when are your races? I want to post them in my daytimer to follow-up with you.

You are ROCKIN!

Rich
2007-06-24 4:23 PM
in reply to: #857457

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas
Caru, you are totally awesome!  Betcha you're hooked, now!!!! That is absolutely fantastic.   I can't wait to see some details in your race report.  And how wonderful to have your brothers right there with you! I'm guessing the grin on your face won't come off for at least a week....send some photos of you on the podium.  I want to see!!! Congratulations, girl!!!

Edited by katzchen55 2007-06-24 4:38 PM
2007-06-24 4:31 PM
in reply to: #857550

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: KAT' ROCKS in her Triathlon Today
Hey KAT!

If California has an 8.0 earthquake today, it is all your fault! LOL! EXCELLENT race! Your execution sounded absolutely perfect and conditions looked perfect, too! I looked at your Race Report and it looks GREAT.... and 5th Place in your AG.....OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!

Enjoy the glow of victory and accomplishment! You have worked hard, KAT and it is paying off! Keep it up and let's talk later about you goals.

And CONGRATULATIONS on beating your goal time! I'm still jumping for joy for you!

You absolutely ROCKED!!!!!!!

Rich

2007-06-24 5:18 PM

Regular
Fort Worth, Texas

YIPPEE, Ladies!!!  Awesome races this morning and yesterday!  You girls rock!  Kat, congratulations on the 5th place for AG!   and Caru, 3rd place for you on your first tri ever!

My heart's beating so fast now because I'm so excited for y'all!!!  Just Super!  I'm off to read your race report Kat. 

2007-06-24 6:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Miami
KAT!!!! I am soo frakin proud of you!!!!! That is awesome!!!!! you have shaved some pounds off and also accomplished what you set yourself to. you must feel amzing !!!!!! That's awesome!!!!

RICH! you are tooo fabulous! Seriosuly you have been the exact support all of us have needed in order to succes little by little. From choosing spinach over lettuce, to T1 pics and what to do before the race!!!! I am inmensly greatful for all your support, and the support of all my teamates!

highlights!
The race was better than i expected. Swimming is no longer scary to me, not after today. I went in there got hit everywhere, a girl hit my goggles i got some water in there, but I was like, aaa no sweat, there's algea under there and the bubbles seem soo beautiful, I just kept my rythm.
I can't explain to you how happy I was to not get freaked out!!!
I came out really fast! I just screwed it up on the 300 meter run from the beach to T1

I did my first hill today! Yes guys, I had never done a hill. Miami is not exactly Colorado, So I never really had time ti go out to the bridges. But I did today. It was fun trying to invision spinning class!! Also I remembered Kat, Andi, Cris, Ang all the stories including the rattel snake encounter!! ha ha. So that actually made me crack up. I also almost fell from my bike getting off!!

T1+2 i should ahve been more organized with this, but I still think I made ok time.

Running was awesome, since it was next to the ocean and so I had distractions, I also had the sunn basically burning me, which was not fun! But my lil brother passed me 1 mile away from finish line and he pushed me. Coincidentally someone name "carolina" was behind me, so I had accidental cheering from strangers which was awesome, I pretended it was for me.

overall, just an awesome experience. I can't wait for my next race! Now I know what I need to work on, and what I don't need to freak out over.
Thank you all, because you really made a big difference in my performace of today. I think my little brother is regreting not having a mentor like Rich!!!!!! You guys have been awesome, I am very trhankful for having you guys. Even if I don't know you and have weird mental pictured of ya'll. love ya!!! Will post pics, later on!!!!!

2007-06-24 11:59 PM
in reply to: #857767

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: GREAT JOB Caru ... but it ain't over yet! :)
Hey Caru...... GREAT Race report..... No hills before today????? OMG!!!!! You are BRAVE!!!! That makes your race even more amazing! You totally rocked.....

You know..... we can keep this thread going through the fall season......through your Sept. and October races (if you have planned any or want to sign up). And Caru.... have your lil bro join in..... he can be part of the family, too....... and besides....... maybe we can get some fun dirt on ya!!!! (Just kidding!)

I am available to help everyone through the rest of the race season, so if you got through your first tri and want more help, I'm here for you!

Rich
2007-06-25 7:41 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA
My race times weren't nearly as smokin' as the other two girls (I think 2:20). I was focused on making it through and it being my first time wasn't really sure how hard to push some things (yeah, I'm a wimp and have to be really careful about my blood sugar). Now I know more. Andrew and I are already talking about how we can do better at Steelman (which is a much hillier course).

In fact, don't think we're crazy...but we rode over to the park yesterday and rode part of the course (just a little 26 mile hill ride the day after our race! ;-).

I know my swim will be better for Steelman because I will be focusing on just myself. There is lots of room for improvement in the bike and run. I also started my new eating plan this morning. The first 7 days are a detox. But weight loss will be helpful for the next race too.

I will fill out the race report as soon as I have time.

So glad to hear everyone had such great races!!!
2007-06-25 9:48 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA
Race report is officially posted. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for everything, Rich and gang!

2007-06-25 11:32 AM
in reply to: #858243

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Subject: RE: Christine....You are a Triathlete and on a Journey
Hey Christine! I read your post and read your race report. Again KUDOS! You were ROCKING, too! You helped someone through (for some) the most scariest part of the race and I'm proud of you for doing that! You did some GREAT things during your race!

Christine, I want you to do a paradigm shift from I'm not worthy or as good as others ... to ..... I'm on a personal journey. Your first 30 years involved smoking ...... you are transforming your lifestyle to a healthy one.....it isn't like flipping a switch and saying ohhh Now I"m healthy.

I, myself, am on a personal journey. In August 2000, I went to see my doctor because my legs were swelling up. After some tests, I learned that I was diabetic, hypertensive, and there were some other tests that came back "unusual". I was over 325 lbs. I needed to take care of things.......the doc said I had a choice.....either take care of your conditions or he would call the morgue now to make arrangements for my body in 4 weeks. Talk about your bedside manners...... so to make a long story short, I have been on a journey to improve my health....ohhhh and those tests that came back "unusual"? Colon cancer. I have what they call re-current cancer which is in remission. (I finished my last round of chemo and meds at the end of February 2007) Am I as fast as other's in my age group? Absolutely not and I don't worry about that either... I compete against myself. I am on a journey to complete an Ironman in 2009 or 2010.

I told you this story because I was inspired by watching the Live Feed of Ironman Coure de Alene where four of my team mates were racing. As I watched, I realized (with tears welling up in my eyes) that each of these people had a journey that they had to travel. As I read your post this morning, Christine, I felt the tears welling up again....why? Because you are on a journey...... the beginning of a journey that will change the rest of your life. Crazy about riding 26 miles the day after a race? Noooooo.....it is what a person on a journey would do!

So Christine..... you DO ROCK!
2007-06-25 11:46 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA
Awe, Rich. You made me cry! (I thought I would cry when I finished the race, but I didn't. I cried now, though.) Thank you for those wonderful words and making a point perfectly. You are 100% right.

It's easy to get caught up in comparisons when the numbers start to come in...but the numbers don't tell the best part of the story, do they! And I sure had a great time; and was fortunate to have everything go my way.

I am so glad to have met you and to hear more of your story. You are a great inspiration!
2007-06-25 1:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Miami
Wow! you guys don't seize to amaze me. Seriosuly. All of you are such warriorsss!!!!

Rich you think maybe my brother and I could join you in 2009 doing an Ironman?? We'll go wherever? I promise I will practice hills this time !! My lil brother and I decided we have to do an Ironman within the next 2 years. I say it's doable!!!! If we could join you that would be pretty unbelievably amazing. You are a very huge inspiration Rich. I can't tell you how many times I thought of you and this group of awesome triathletes during my race. You were with me the entire time!!! I love you all so much, we all have little and huge battles we have to go through, but I say if any group of people can endure those fights its definately this group!!!!!!

race report is up, and here are some pics from the event click on view after my name: Carolina Rubio .

http://www.multirace.com/triathlon/triathlonResultsA.aspx?Race=180
2007-06-25 5:25 PM
in reply to: #859032

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
Hey Caru! Absolutely you and your lil bro can join in on the fun......I'm looking at Ironman Cour de Alene (IMCDA) in Idaho or Vineman Ironman in Napa Valley, California in 2009.

Both have challenges.

IMCDA is a mass open water start......3000 (?) triathletes all at once.... men and women together.

Vineman is in a narrow shallow river..... the challenge here is the temperatures can get extremely high......I know you have heat with humidity.....this is a very arid/dry heat.

Rich
2007-06-25 7:56 PM
in reply to: #858091

User image

Regular
Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Rich wrote:
You know..... we can keep this thread going through the fall season......through your Sept. and October races (if you have planned any or want to sign up).

Andi's response -- You mean this has to end??? I don't know if I can handle that, I'd go through withdraws from all of you!!!!

2007-06-26 12:17 AM
in reply to: #859872

User image

Extreme Veteran
Glendora, CA.
aduncan42 - 2007-06-25 7:56 PM

Andi's response -- You mean this has to end??? I don't know if I can handle that, I'd go through withdraws from all of you!!!!

Hey Andi......to be honest with you, I don't know if we have to end the thread or not.....we can keep it open as long as you guys want to keep it open.....and we can add a couple of people if you would like......like Caru's lil bro!

Rich
2007-06-26 7:34 AM
in reply to: #860130

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas

My vote is to keep this going as long as possible!  Don't you think it's rare to find a group like this that clicks so well together? And with a leader who understands the journey, has great information and advice to share, and is just a super-fabulous person besides? I mean, this is all just too cool!! I would totally go into withdrawal without you guys....can't wait to see what's down the road for all of us!

And Christine, Rich is totally right.  This is so not about the numbers or competing against anyone but yourself. The fact that you faced a big challenge like completing a triathlon and finished with a smile on your face is incredible. You go girl!

Caru - you are SO HOOKED if you're thinking Ironman already! That is totally incredible, and you are way braver than me!  It's going to be a blast seeing you, Rich, and your bro get ready for that awesome feat!! With my family there is no way that I have the kind of time to dedicate to that kind of race, even if I wanted to, so I'll appoint myself as one of the Official Cheerleaders

2007-06-26 7:43 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cedar Park, Texas
Rich...I have a suggestion.  What if our little group did an on-line chat through BT every so often? We could set up a private room and coordinate a time for us all to chat together in real time for a little while, just for fun! Just a thought.....
2007-06-26 8:20 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Perkasie, PA
We can start a new thread too, when we get up to like 30 pages... :-)

I will be a cheerleader too! Maybe even come out to see the race.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Rich Miller's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 46