BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TriAya (Yanti) and lmscozz (Lynn), Manatee Mentors--FULL! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 60

2010-04-30 2:07 PM
in reply to: #2826510

User image

Veteran
Greensburg, PA
Subject: RE: TriAya (Yanti) and lmscozz (Lynn), Manatee Mentors--FULL!
Horray, it is Friday!!!  Of course it is beautiful here today - while I am at work.  And it is to rain both days this weekend.

Ryan - Make sure to post that picture for us all when you take it.  If you can't find one let me know.  Maybe I can borrow my Dad's - he wore one to a church picnic a few years ago - complete with grass skirt too.  Wow, that sounds really bad!  Really, my Dad is not weird.  It was a luau theme, and he is quite the prankster.

dinabean - 2010-04-29 3:59 PM Karen, yay for your LBS!  I think that would have run me closer to $50 around these parts.  I think I asked this earlier but it got lost in the whirl -- can I ask the origin of your screen name?  Very curious, since IRL I happen to sort of be a gadget law person m'self...

I looked back and saw your question way back on page 8.  I'm so sorry I missed it before.  Well, you are part right.  I have been using that screen name for years and years.  I started when I was in law school.   So, yes I am a lawyer.  But, I am kinda embarrassed to say that the other part came from my cat!!  Embarassed  Her name is Gadget and I got her right when I started school.  So, I kinda put them together, and have been using it ever since.  I should change it, because you are not the first person to ask me that question.  Do you enjoy the gadget law business??

Have a great weekend!   Happy training!!

Karen

2010-04-30 4:12 PM
in reply to: #2829028

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
I stand by my word and will post a pic if I find one...although it sounds like I just put my foot in my mouth since if i cannot find one then Karen has one that she can send me.  Oh wonderful
And there was no mention of a grass skirt earlier ladies! 

Have a great weekend everyone!  Good luck with all races and in training!
2010-04-30 4:55 PM
in reply to: #2771857

User image

Regular
Where The Peaches Grow
Yanti-Glad to hear things are getting a bit better with your mom moving in.

Ryan-I think you need the grass skirt as well. Aloha!

My life has been a bit messy the past few days. Nowhere near on Yanti's scale, but enough that I haven't really trained at all since last weekend. And I have my first tri on Sunday. Eep! I'm not feeling prepared at all for it. I know I am, but I'm still freaked out. Maybe I'll feel better after the transition clinic tomorrow. Undecided
2010-04-30 6:38 PM
in reply to: #2829391

User image

Master
Vista, CA

Scottie07 - 2010-04-30 2:55 PM Yanti-Glad to hear things are getting a bit better with your mom moving in.

Ryan-I think you need the grass skirt as well. Aloha!

My life has been a bit messy the past few days. Nowhere near on Yanti's scale, but enough that I haven't really trained at all since last weekend. And I have my first tri on Sunday. Eep! I'm not feeling prepared at all for it. I know I am, but I'm still freaked out. Maybe I'll feel better after the transition clinic tomorrow. Undecided

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRI- Emily!!!! Just think of all those people out there who don't have the coconuts to even sign up and tri! Aren't you doing a 5K tomorrow too?

Plus, good luck DJ in her 5K this weekend!

Play hard Mantees!

2010-04-30 7:00 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Long Island, NY
Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!!!  I will be out of town for the weekend so will not be checking in again until next week.  

Got in a slow 3 mile run today and dropped the bike off at the LBS for a full tune up.  

Have a great weekend all!!

Laura 
2010-05-01 8:13 AM

User image

Veteran
Greensburg, PA
Good luck to you guys who will be out racing this weekend.  Hurry back and tell us how it went!  Most of all, have fun!!  Hearing other people talk about racing makes me want to get in a race too.  I am jealous!

Karen

2010-05-01 2:34 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago-ish
Who all is racing what all this weekend?  Emily has a sprint tomorrow I think?  Can't wait to hear all about it.

Everyone else, hope your training is going according to plan.
2010-05-01 2:44 PM
in reply to: #2830398

User image

Master
Vista, CA

thndrcloud - 2010-05-01 12:34 PM Who all is racing what all this weekend?  Emily has a sprint tomorrow I think?  Can't wait to hear all about it.

I'm running a marathon tomorrow.   It will be my second one.

I've been monitoring my friend who's doing Ironman St. George today. Incredible to watch them. Check out the live stream:

http://ironmanlive.com/audiovideo.php?race=st.george&year=2010

Have a great weekend and go, go Emily!!On her logs she had down a 5K today as well. WOW!

2010-05-02 2:40 AM
in reply to: #2830409

User image

Melon Presser
lmscozz - 2010-05-02 4:44 AM

thndrcloud - 2010-05-01 12:34 PM Who all is racing what all this weekend?  Emily has a sprint tomorrow I think?  Can't wait to hear all about it.

I'm running a marathon tomorrow.   It will be my second one.

I've been monitoring my friend who's doing Ironman St. George today. Incredible to watch them. Check out the live stream:

http://ironmanlive.com/audiovideo.php?race=st.george&year=2010

Have a great weekend and go, go Emily!!On her logs she had down a 5K today as well. WOW!

What? Just a little old marathon? You better be doing it in a gorilla suit or something.

Oh WOW, big happenings. SUPER GOOD LUCK LYNN!!! Remember to have FUN FUN FUN and thank the volunteers. Don't get lost.

SUPER GOOD LUCK EMILY!!! Oh, and remember to have FUN and thank the volunteers.

Yes, I think having fun and being grateful is important. Shoot, isn't that what life is all about? Really?

Yeah, my own training's kind of blown, but I'm getting in what I can, when I can (okay, that was my strategy before, but now unfortunately I can get in a little less). However, I do plan to start Ironman training in a week. No more pressing the "pause" button on my dreams!
2010-05-02 9:00 AM

User image

Regular
Where The Peaches Grow
I was supposed to run a 5k yesterday and do a super sprint tri today. Unfortunately, I re-sprained my ankle yesterday, so I missed my tri.  It's not a bad sprain, but enough that I should stay off it for a few days. Curse my loose joints!! I've the Susan G Komen run next Saturday and I'm hoping to be fit by then.

I need some Manatee hugs right now. Frown I'm looking at tris around the end of the month to see if I can get in.
2010-05-02 10:00 AM
in reply to: #2831166

User image

Melon Presser
Scottie07 - 2010-05-02 11:00 PM I was supposed to run a 5k yesterday and do a super sprint tri today. Unfortunately, I re-sprained my ankle yesterday, so I missed my tri.  It's not a bad sprain, but enough that I should stay off it for a few days. Curse my loose joints!! I've the Susan G Komen run next Saturday and I'm hoping to be fit by then.

I need some Manatee hugs right now. Frown I'm looking at tris around the end of the month to see if I can get in.

Big Manatee {{{MELON PRESS}}} with warm encircled flippers.

I'm so sorry about your ankle!

You're definitely smarter than I am--I used to keep running with stress fractures, which was just AWESOME for my legs. Heh. File THAT under the DO NOT DO, EVER.

Are you planning to stay off your feet entirely until next Saturday? Maybe a water run or two?

2010-05-02 6:06 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago-ish
That is super sucky Emily, I'm so sorry.  On the bright side, you're going to rest up, get strong and have even more time to train before the next tri so you'll kick even more butt. 

Do what Smarti Yanti said and really rest it.  No reason to take the chance of knocking yourself out for the whole season.
2010-05-03 9:31 AM
in reply to: #2831788

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Sorry to hear about your ankle.  But I agree it is probably best in the long run to rest it so you made a wise but difficult decision to do so I am sure.
Keep your head up!
2010-05-03 9:32 AM
in reply to: #2830409

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Lynn - How did your 'lil 'ole marathon go on Sunday?!
2010-05-03 9:34 AM
in reply to: #2831166

User image

Regular
Scottie07 - 2010-05-02 10:00 AM I was supposed to run a 5k yesterday and do a super sprint tri today. Unfortunately, I re-sprained my ankle yesterday, so I missed my tri.  It's not a bad sprain, but enough that I should stay off it for a few days. Curse my loose joints!! I've the Susan G Komen run next Saturday and I'm hoping to be fit by then.

Oh no!!!  I am so sorry   BIG OL' MANATEE hugs!

Please take it easy.  PLEASE!  You don't want to risk worse damage.

Same old, same old here.  Only hit snooze once this morning, LOL!  Made it to the pool and swam for 30, ran for 24.  Feel really good.  I actually wanted to run and swim more!  But time was not on my side.  My husband is no longer working on Sundays, so I got an early morning ride in yesterday.  My main goal is to work on my spinning.  Hills are killing me.  Even the smaller ones.

I also think I need to get re-fitted.  This is a new bike I am riding and although my husband doesn't think I need a new stem, I do.  My body proportions are whack.

Today is going to be busy.  Lots and lots of baking for my daughter's 4th birthday tomorrow.  Good times!

Hope everyone is doing well today!
2010-05-03 9:37 AM

User image

Regular
Lynn and DJ, How were your races this weekend!

You guys ROCK!  DJ, you have a tri in 2 weeks too, right?

2010-05-03 10:14 AM
in reply to: #2832942

User image

Master
Vista, CA

kerryd - 2010-05-03 7:37 AM Lynn and DJ, How were your races this weekend!

First, sorry about the ankle Emily. Good to be smart like everyone has said.

I'll post a race report later and link to it on here, but let's just say, I LIKE marathons. This from a woman who ran her first 5K less than 3 years ago and first 1/2 marathon maybe 2 years ago. I felt like I actually "raced" this not just ran it. Who did I race against? Well, myself, of course!

I came within minutes of qualifying for Boston, which is was my ultimate goal. Now, I believe I can get under 4:00. Official time was 4:09 but my Garmin said 4:07 and I never turned it off. Thanks for your flipper support...and a big hug to you about your ankle!  {{{{{{}}}}}}}

Have a great day everyone! Life is good!

2010-05-03 1:40 PM

User image

Regular
Where The Peaches Grow
Thanks for the love, everyone. It made me feel a lot better. The ankle is doing better today. It's more mobile and the pain is a lot better. I can walk on it without limping, as well. I'm gonna give it a few more days, though. I'm gonna try to get in the pool today and either do an easy swim or some water running.

Just something to stay on the ball. And speaking of balls (teehee), I really need to cave and buy a Bosu ball to strengthen it. I used one in PT and I improved by leaps and bounds. They're expensive, but so are orthopedic bills!
2010-05-03 3:45 PM
in reply to: #2833780

User image

Master
Vista, CA

If anyone is interested, here's my RR:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=206358

Hope all is well in Manatee land.

2010-05-03 4:04 PM
in reply to: #2833086

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
lmscozz - 2010-05-03 10:14 AM

kerryd - 2010-05-03 7:37 AM Lynn and DJ, How were your races this weekend!

First, sorry about the ankle Emily. Good to be smart like everyone has said.

I'll post a race report later and link to it on here, but let's just say, I LIKE marathons. This from a woman who ran her first 5K less than 3 years ago and first 1/2 marathon maybe 2 years ago. I felt like I actually "raced" this not just ran it. Who did I race against? Well, myself, of course!

I came within minutes of qualifying for Boston, which is was my ultimate goal. Now, I believe I can get under 4:00. Official time was 4:09 but my Garmin said 4:07 and I never turned it off. Thanks for your flipper support...and a big hug to you about your ankle!  {{{{{{}}}}}}}

Have a great day everyone! Life is good!

Just read your race report, nice work.  I think you can get 7 more minutes...speed work and more long runs?!?  You got me so motivated for Chicago, I wish it were sooner!!!  Congrats! 
2010-05-03 9:18 PM
in reply to: #2833780

User image

Extreme Veteran
Long Island, NY
Scottie07 - 2010-05-03 1:40 PM Thanks for the love, everyone. It made me feel a lot better. The ankle is doing better today. It's more mobile and the pain is a lot better. I can walk on it without limping, as well. I'm gonna give it a few more days, though. I'm gonna try to get in the pool today and either do an easy swim or some water running.

Just something to stay on the ball. And speaking of balls (teehee), I really need to cave and buy a Bosu ball to strengthen it. I used one in PT and I improved by leaps and bounds. They're expensive, but so are orthopedic bills!

Do you have a pull buoy?  You can use that for your swim too and get a good session in without worrying about your ankle.  Glad to hear that it is feeling a little better though.  

2010-05-04 8:33 AM

User image

Veteran
Greensburg, PA
Good Morning Manatees~

DJ - awesome 5k.  Congrats on being under your goal!!!  And great job on your training last month.  You rock!

Lynn - great job!  You did fabulous!  Your next one will be even better!

I had a great (for me) swim this morning, and am excited about that!

Has anyone done a brand new tri?  There is a new Sprint tri scheduled at a state park that is about 15 minutes from my house.  It is where I do my open water swim practice.  But, since this is the first year, there are no results to look back on.  I have no idea how many people may show up for it.  Could be 20, could be 200??  I guess I am afraid that 20 people will show up and I will be soooo last.  What would you do?  Jump in and hope for the best?  I think I just need some convincing that everything will be okay and to do it!

Hope you are healing quickly Emily!

Have a great day everyone!

Karen
2010-05-04 9:22 AM
in reply to: #2835422

User image

Regular
gadgetlaw - 2010-05-04 9:33 AM Good Morning Manatees~

DJ - awesome 5k.  Congrats on being under your goal!!!  And great job on your training last month.  You rock!

Has anyone done a brand new tri?  There is a new Sprint tri scheduled at a state park that is about 15 minutes from my house.  It is where I do my open water swim practice.  But, since this is the first year, there are no results to look back on.  I have no idea how many people may show up for it.  Could be 20, could be 200??  I guess I am afraid that 20 people will show up and I will be soooo last.  What would you do?  Jump in and hope for the best?  I think I just need some convincing that everything will be okay and to do it!

Karen

Definitely do it!

Who cares if you are last??  Just do your best.

I wish there were a tri 15 min from me
2010-05-04 9:56 AM
in reply to: #2835422

User image

Master
gadgetlaw - 2010-05-04 8:33 AM Good Morning Manatees~

Karen

Definately do the new tri.  I did a new one 2 years ago, and it was amazing.  They put a ton of detail into every little thing b/c they were trying so hard to get everthing right.  It was wonderfully run and I had a blast.  I'll be doing it for the 3rd time this Ocotber.
2010-05-04 9:58 AM

User image

Master

Seems like everyone is doing great with training, racing and healing.  This is such an awesome mentor group!

Yanti - how are things going with your Mom??

I got in a really good ride yesterday with a girlfriend and planning a swim for lunchtime today.

Hope everyone has a great week!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TriAya (Yanti) and lmscozz (Lynn), Manatee Mentors--FULL! Rss Feed  

of 60