Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 82

2013-11-19 6:13 AM
in reply to: ironannekidd

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
Subject: RE: Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour.

Looks like you have some nice items, Dee.

2013-11-19 7:35 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

MotoQueen

Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by kns57

We had a great weekend in NC.

Stayed in Swannanoa with my older sister.  We don't always get along, so I made the decision to stay with her on purpose.  I believe that the weekend went really well and hopefully she and I are on our way to a better relationship. I'm not expecting her to become "friends" but at least let's be cordial and get along for the rest of the family.  This was a good move towards that.

Dad is doing okay, but the girlfriend has gone back to Oregon, so who knows what his mood is going to be like.  My Brother-in-law really has patience and he is basically the main caregiver as my sister is the bread winner in that household.  Frank and I will make sure that they get to use our time-share at least once a year and take trips away.  it is the least that we can do.  I will try and pop up to give them weekend breaks also. 

Robin, I did xmas shopping in Black Mountain.  The old hardware store there is fun to get items for the stockings for all the kids (young and old).  Then got some great ornaments to give everyone.  Also found a "candy basket" that I am going to make to give to people.  I will have to take a picture and post here for you all to see.  It is really cute and looks very simple to make.  I love finding items like that.  I did buy one, so I am not just stealing the idea. 

I love shopping in Black Mountain. and that hardware store is great. It still has lots of good "hardware" things as well as gift-like things. As opposed to the Mast General Store(s) that have gone to just clothes and gift-like things.

Yes, that is one of the things I love about it.  You can still get hardware.  

Edited by kns57 2013-11-19 7:36 AM
2013-11-19 7:37 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

MotoQueen

Originally posted by deehtz

Here are some projects that we hope to sell at the bazaar.

Nice! the coat hook shelf would be great here.

The snowmen are so cute!

2013-11-19 7:40 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Originally posted by ironannekidd

Ok, I'm a few days late on this, and if you guys get tired of reading about my kids just tell me and I'll stop.

Last Thursday was the Turkey Trot at the middle school. It is the 1 mile course where they start behind the middle school, hit a chunk of the cross country course, come up behind the football field, then onto the track to finish it off.

They ran the 5th/6th grade girls first, then the 5th/6th grade boys, then the 7th/8th grade boys and girls. The rest of the middle school was out on the bleachers, there was music playing, it was a fun day.

Caleb was asked to be a course official. Where he was standing and directing the kids they passed him twice. I was standing on the top of the bleachers on the visitors side of the field, so I could see the entire race, and they came up just below me to come on to the field.

In all the races the top 3 got prizes, the top 10 got ribbons. Keri just wanted to place high enough to get a ribbon.

The one gym teacher did a great job getting the girls warmed up, then they lined up on the basketball course, and the race started. Keri started out well. We had talked about getting out with the front of the pack, but not sprinting so hard that you ran out of gas quickly. She got out with the front group and stayed there the entire way. As they ran to the first marker I could see Caleb clapping and cheering. The longer the race went the more the pack got spread out. As the leaders were coming up to getting on the track I yelled to Keri she had to pass 1 more to get a ribbon. She kicked it in and passed 3. She came in 8th place out of 30 girls. The top 6 were all 6th graders. 7th place was her friend Avery, whom she could have passed, and Avery knew this, but she didn't. She just wanted a ribbon, and she got it, she said she didn't need to pass her friend.

I cheered for all the kids going by. I yelled names if I knew them. I clapped the whole time. When the kids came back past Caleb to hit the home stretch up to the track I could see Caleb still clapping and cheering for them.

The 5/6 boys were next. In all of the races there were kids you could tell were not runners. Were most likely not athletic at all. Basically overweight. In the boys group there were 2 boys at the very end who walked more than half the course. When they got back around to Caleb to turn and head towards the track he ran with both of them up to the parking lot, over 100 yards. They both ran as he ran with them. When he hit the parking lot he sent them on their way. When they came onto the track all the kids in the bleachers started cheering for them. One of the teachers came over and kept them moving to get around to the other side to the finish.

There was a few minutes before the final race got started. The music was playing, the kids were having a good time. If you ever need a warm feeling in your heart stand across a football field from middle schoolers when Katy Perry's Firework comes on. I think they were ALL singing and waving their arms.

The final race started. It wasn't even close. A friend of Caleb's, who wants to run cross country next year won in a landslide. He was finishing as the second place kid was just getting onto the track. He got a drink, then would go back out and run the last 50 yards or so with kids, or groups of kids as they were coming to the finish line. He did it for almost all the kids, including the boy who came in last. He ran out and you could see he was talking to him as they came in. He let that boy finish ahead of him. What a good kid.

It was a fun day, and Keri got her ribbon. I have FANTASTIC kids!

YOU DO HAVE FANTASTIC KIDS!

2013-11-19 7:43 AM
in reply to: kns57

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning Ghoulies!  It is COLD! I would write those words with icicles if I could.  Brrrr!

Hope everyone is doing well.  Last night I made 18 jars of apple butter.  Yes, I stopped at an orchard on the way home from NC on Sunday and have a ton of apples covering my kitchen table.  Tonight I am going to make applesauce.  

2013-11-19 7:43 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning Ghoulies!  It is COLD! I would write those words with icicles if I could.  Brrrr!

Hope everyone is doing well.  Last night I made 18 jars of apple butter.  Yes, I stopped at an orchard on the way home from NC on Sunday and have a ton of apples covering my kitchen table.  Tonight I am going to make applesauce.  

2013-11-19 7:45 AM

User image

Champion

Morning Kendra

2013-11-19 8:11 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Morning Kendra

Morning Ann!  Hope you have a great day today!

2013-11-19 8:22 AM

User image

Champion

Morning Kendra

Thanks!

So have they done anything with the river running through your yard yet?

2013-11-19 1:40 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Afternoon Ghoulies.

I had PT this morning. It is going to be good. But it wore me out. I crashed when I got home and didn't move for a couple of hours. Pain is not fun!

Your kids rock Ann. Nice, athletic and they have morals! Oh, and cute, too!

I'll catch up tomorrow. I have officially taken off the rest of the week. I am not allowed to work being on any kind of pain med, and guess what? i am gonna be on pain meds for a while!

2013-11-20 5:37 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

So Keri and I were out doing some shopping, and went to a local restaurant for dinner because they were donating a portion of their profits for the evening to our school, before going to basketball practice. About a mile away from the school where practice is held we hit a large buck. I saw him coming out of the brush, I tried slowing down, and swerved into the other lane. He hit us. He ran into the passenger side of my car. Scared the bajeebers out of Keri. If she wouldn't have had her seatbelt on she would have jumped into my lap. I'm sure she thought he was coming through her window. The side mirror on the passenger side door is completely ripped off. There are some scratches on the door and window frame. It could have been MUCH worse. I drove my husband's car today. He said he'd stop by the insurance agency during his lunch (it is right off of the campus where he works). Even though I had 2+ hours to calm down, I had trouble falling asleep last night. The excitement kicked off my tachycardia and I had trouble getting my HR back under control. Other than the whole hitting the deer thing we had a good evening.

2013-11-20 5:37 AM

User image

Champion

Afternoon Ghoulies.

I had PT this morning. It is going to be good. But it wore me out. I crashed when I got home and didn't move for a couple of hours. Pain is not fun!

I'll catch up tomorrow. I have officially taken off the rest of the week. I am not allowed to work being on any kind of pain med, and guess what? i am gonna be on pain meds for a while!

Don't forget smart, too!

2013-11-20 7:08 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Afternoon Ghoulies.

Don't forget smart, too!

That was so obvious that it didn't bear mentioning.

2013-11-20 7:10 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good morning Ghoulies!

So Keri and I were out doing some shopping, and went to a local restaurant for dinner because they were donating a portion of their profits for the evening to our school, before going to basketball practice. About a mile away from the school where practice is held we hit a large buck. I saw him coming out of the brush, I tried slowing down, and swerved into the other lane. He hit us. He ran into the passenger side of my car. Scared the bajeebers out of Keri. If she wouldn't have had her seatbelt on she would have jumped into my lap. I'm sure she thought he was coming through her window. The side mirror on the passenger side door is completely ripped off. There are some scratches on the door and window frame. It could have been MUCH worse. I drove my husband's car today. He said he'd stop by the insurance agency during his lunch (it is right off of the campus where he works). Even though I had 2+ hours to calm down, I had trouble falling asleep last night. The excitement kicked off my tachycardia and I had trouble getting my HR back under control. Other than the whole hitting the deer thing we had a good evening.

That is scary stuff. I think things like that get worse as your mind starts processing and thinking about "what COULD have happened".  That kind of situation is where mediation is great. (I wish I knew anything on how to do that!!!).

Hope you have settled down today.

2013-11-20 7:14 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

That is scary stuff. I think things like that get worse as your mind starts processing and thinking about "what COULD have happened".  That kind of situation is where mediation is great. (I wish I knew anything on how to do that!!!).

Hope you have settled down today.

Good morning Robin!

I had some headphones in my car and while I was watching practice I was listening to some music, trying to relax. If his head would have come through the window Keri could have been seriously hurt, not just from the glass, but he had a pretty big rack on him. And fortunately there weren't any cars right behind me, or in the other lane when I tried to swerve into it. I'm not thrilled that my car was dinged, but I KNOW IT COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE!

2013-11-20 7:14 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

It looks to be a beautiful day here. I am just starting to get going. Todays goals; trying to get the pain meds cut down. Get all the PT in and do some upper body strength work. I am getting antsy from all the inactivity which makes it hard to sleep at night. The PT is really light so far. (as expected). It is nice to have the giant bandage off so I can Ice. It is amazing how that has helped the pain and the ability to move (though that is kind of funny, I feel like I am moving my toe, but it doesn't look like I am.... yet).

2013-11-20 7:20 AM

User image

Champion

It looks to be a beautiful day here. I am just starting to get going. Todays goals; trying to get the pain meds cut down. Get all the PT in and do some upper body strength work. I am getting antsy from all the inactivity which makes it hard to sleep at night. The PT is really light so far. (as expected). It is nice to have the giant bandage off so I can Ice. It is amazing how that has helped the pain and the ability to move (though that is kind of funny, I feel like I am moving my toe, but it doesn't look like I am.... yet).

So how long until you're up doing the cha-cha again?

2013-11-20 8:13 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Longer than I thought. I can't put any weight on it yet. Though, things like this seem to take a while, the progress is made fairly quickly. I am expecting (hoping, aiming) to be able to some walking with crutches (about 25-50 percent weight bearing) by the end of the week. The icing is going to help with that a lot.

2013-11-20 8:35 AM

User image

Champion

Longer than I thought. I can't put any weight on it yet. Though, things like this seem to take a while, the progress is made fairly quickly. I am expecting (hoping, aiming) to be able to some walking with crutches (about 25-50 percent weight bearing) by the end of the week. The icing is going to help with that a lot.

I'm hoping you heal up quick! When I had foot surgery a few years ago I was on crutches for 7 weeks.

2013-11-20 8:36 AM

User image

Champion

I love technology! I was just able to file my insurance claim online. I didn't have to talk to a person asking stupid questions.

2013-11-20 2:13 PM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I love technology! I was just able to file my insurance claim online. I didn't have to talk to a person asking stupid questions.

On the other hand, BT has been wonky all day! technology!

I am going to attempt to go to my monthly "save the world... or our little piece of it meeting" tonight. It is at the local Inn so I can put my foot up and not feel too odd. Too bad I can't have any alcohol. I would love a hot bourbon to sip on!

2013-11-21 6:19 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

2013-11-21 6:28 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Morning Kendra

Thanks!

So have they done anything with the river running through your yard yet?

Yes, it was finally fixed last Friday, so when we got home Sunday it was all good.  yeah!

2013-11-21 6:30 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Afternoon Ghoulies.

I was going to ask how long you would be off of work.  It is nice to have forced rest and relaxation, although never fun to get back to work if no one picks up the slack while you are out.  Heal well and listen to your body.

2013-11-21 6:35 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning Ghoulies!

Morning Ann!  Did you sleep any better last night?  

Glad that you were able to do the insurance bit online.  Hope they come and fix it quickly and to your satisfaction.

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  

of 82

RELATED POSTS

Ghoulies vs BT World Halloween October Challenge Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 24900 Posts: 348

2013-11-05 12:52 PM wgraves7582

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #4 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 52158 Posts: 2002

2009-10-30 2:35 PM skrtrnr

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #3 Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 65073 Posts: 1994

2009-10-27 7:35 AM disturbed275

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #2 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 68938 Posts: 2010

2009-10-20 8:12 PM D001

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by D001
Views: 80564 Posts: 1992

2009-10-07 5:56 PM disturbed275
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : December 14, 2004
comments : 0
Q&A with Siri Lagley, winner of the ITU President’s Cup racing series two years in a row and coach of Susan Williams, US Athens triathlete.
date : September 5, 2004
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.

date : September 4, 2004
2003 Ultraman World Champion.
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!

My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.

Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.