Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 18

2008-04-27 10:49 PM
in reply to: #1358169

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
Subject: RE: tcovert's Group - CLOSED
Hi, again, everyone...I'm closing the group sign-up at this point (although there's room for one or two more, really). I'll be posting again shortly with some suggestions and simple groundrules. But...first...I'm going to try to attach a little spreadsheet (adapted from one created by another mentor) that summarizes the main info from the folks in this group. So we'll see if I can manage to make the file attachment function work here...

(Well...at least it's attached and can be opened via the link...that's a start, anyhow...)

Edited by tcovert 2008-04-27 10:51 PM

Attachments
----------------
April Mentor Group.xls (16KB - 30 downloads)

2008-04-27 10:50 PM

User image

Texas
Subject: RE: tcovert's Group - OPEN
Ok sounds good.  I think i changed all my stuff to where you can see it.  And i am going to start posting soon

Edited by landon5108 2008-04-27 10:51 PM
2008-04-27 11:13 PM

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
So here's some really simple groundrules for this group that we can try out and adapt as needed:

--First off, this is an open thread for the members of this group. If you have a question (for the group, for me, or for a specific member), feel free to post away. If you have an accomplishment that you're just bustin' to share, post it (hopefully the rest of us won't be too envious to pat you on the back for it). All of us together know more than any of us will ever know alone.

--I'd like to discourage use of an acronym that is pretty common on BT, namely "HTFU" (as in "harden the F up!"). If someone is overindulging in self-pity, we can all find more related ways to respond. Occasionally a person needs to be told to just get over something, but a lot of times (IMO), they may need to learn how to get over something. A group like this can help. So...if you are frustrated...it's okay to post that. Really.

--No one has all the answers. There's no right way or wrong way. There are some things that might be more likely to lead to injury than others, but very little that you're apt to be doing in training is going to kill you. (Just be careful out there on the bike, though.)

--If you have concerns you don't want to share with the rest of the group, feel free to PM me.

--I'll try to read your logs as often as I can. What I'll promise to do for sure is check in on Mondays and Fridays at the least. But what I'd like everyone to do (and I'll to my best to prompt this) is:

1) Post here on Monday (or Sunday evening, if you prefer) and let us know what's up for the week. Since several of us have races on some Sundays, I think that makes a good end day for the week. So let us know what you'd like to do during the week to come by posting here. If you feel like you are drifting and need some guidance, that's a good time to ask for that.

2) Check in with a post here on Friday. How's the week been going? If you aren't meeting your workout goals (however concrete or vague they might be), let us know...and let us know if you want some support with that or if you have ideas why and want suggestions how to get past what's in your way. And...especially...let us know if you have a race over the weekend! How do you feel about it? Ready? Last minute questions about rules or gear? Scared to death? Can't sleep you're so excited? If you have goals for the race that you're willing to share, post them. (But don't feel pressured to do so.)

--Last "ground rule"...and probably most important: I'm not here as a coach. I'm here as a fellow "beginner triathlete" who's willing to help facilitate a support group. I do have some training and competitive (and teaching) experience that may come in handy, but, then, I suspect each of you do. So please remember that this thread is always open for hopes and fears and--especially--questions.

Finally: Keep up with your logs. You can share as much personal material along with your workouts as you choose to. (I don't share much...just the data most of the time.) But the logging features here are the best tool for A) you to be accountable to yourself and B) the rest of us to get a sense of how you are progressing toward your goals.

I'm looking forward to watching all of you getting to know yourselves in really challenging and illuminating ways!

------------------
Todd

2008-04-28 12:00 AM
in reply to: #1365031

User image

Ballantyne
Slahmmer - 2008-04-27 5:46 PM

Nokomis is 2.6 miles. Calhoun is 3.1 if you run on the running path and 3.2 if you run on the biking path. If you do Calhoun, Harriet and Isles its almost exactly 10 miles. Where do you live?
I live one mile from Nokomis so let me know if you're in the area and we can meet for a run.
I also plan on doing OWS in nokomis once it stops snowing

I use this map a lot to figure out the distance of my runs, it includes the river road, the lakes and the parkways...pretty nice.

http://www.runmdra.org/mpls-lakes-distances.pdf

I live in Iowa just SE of Des Moines, but lived in the cities for 2 years. I lived in Hopkins next to the trail and would take it into uptown, downtown, and out of town. I used to play flag football at Nokomis, otherwise I wouldn't know where it was. I still have alot of friends up there and three of us are doing the Croixathlon just across the state line in Hudson, WI. Thanks for the link. I'll pass it onto my friends in the cities.
2008-04-28 8:28 AM

User image

Veteran
Washington , MO

Hey all, hope everyone is feeling super motivated by being a part of a great group!

Anyways, here is my weekly plan which kinda revolves around a sprint tri i have on May 4th. I'm pretty much training through it but a little bit easier by late week.

Mon--> a.m. swim,  p.m. 20mile bike/3mile run brick.

Tues--> 7 mile run

Wed--> a.m swim,  p.m. 25-30 mile bike

Thur--> easy 3-5 mile run 

Fri--> a.m. swim , p.m. may practice transitions cus i stink at 'em

Sat--> Rest

Sun--> Triathlon in Columbia, Mo , and then rush to STL by 1pm for a group MS practice ride of 35 miles.

I'll get my race posted sometime next week so you guys can check it out and razz me

peace,

John

2008-04-28 10:37 AM
in reply to: #1365846

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
jcash683 - 2008-04-28 6:28 AM

Hey all, hope everyone is feeling super motivated by being a part of a great group!

Anyways, here is my weekly plan which kinda revolves around a sprint tri i have on May 4th. I'm pretty much training through it but a little bit easier by late week.

Mon--> a.m. swim,  p.m. 20mile bike/3mile run brick.

Tues--> 7 mile run

Wed--> a.m swim,  p.m. 25-30 mile bike

Thur--> easy 3-5 mile run 

Fri--> a.m. swim , p.m. may practice transitions cus i stink at 'em

Sat--> Rest

Sun--> Triathlon in Columbia, Mo , and then rush to STL by 1pm for a group MS practice ride of 35 miles.

I'll get my race posted sometime next week so you guys can check it out and razz me

peace,

John

Looks like a good taper for your sprint, John...excellent use of time to practice transitions, if you decide to do that! (Not enough people do that, IMO...I don't do it as much as I should, esp. wetsuit removal.)

Sunday looks ambitious!

Thanks for posting! (I'll be posting my week after I ride to work...)

--------------------
Todd

2008-04-28 11:57 AM

User image

Elite
san francisco
Hi all--

My plans for the next few weeks revolve around my first oly which is on May 18th.
Plans for this week:
Mon: am: Swim 3 x 500 desc with 30 rest...done! 12:16/11:35/11:18 that's sooo fast for me.
Mon: pm: 30 mi bike/ 2 mi run (find some hills!) brick
Tues: am: possibly rest
Wed: am: Swim 5 x 300 with 20 sec rest 1st 100 easy, 2nd 100 fast, 3rd 100 faster for each 300
Thurs: 52 minute run on treadmill/ one hour spin class
Fri: swim 16 x25 sprints with 45 rest, then 15 x 100 fast with 20sec rest
Sat: long run 77 min
Sunday: rest

Hope everyone has a great week. Any tips on practicing transitions? I guess I can do a mini one today when I do my mini brick.

2008-04-28 12:20 PM
in reply to: #1366614

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
kt65 - 2008-04-28 9:57 AM

Hi all--

My plans for the next few weeks revolve around my first oly which is on May 18th.
Plans for this week:
Mon: am: Swim 3 x 500 desc with 30 rest...done! 12:16/11:35/11:18 that's sooo fast for me.
Mon: pm: 30 mi bike/ 2 mi run (find some hills!) brick
Tues: am: possibly rest
Wed: am: Swim 5 x 300 with 20 sec rest 1st 100 easy, 2nd 100 fast, 3rd 100 faster for each 300
Thurs: 52 minute run on treadmill/ one hour spin class
Fri: swim 16 x25 sprints with 45 rest, then 15 x 100 fast with 20sec rest
Sat: long run 77 min
Sunday: rest

Hope everyone has a great week. Any tips on practicing transitions? I guess I can do a mini one today when I do my mini brick

Looks good, Kim! Great negative splits on the swim this morning!

Your brick workout today would be a good opportunity to work on transition (T2, anyhow). Depending on what gear you are changing (adding...subtracting...), T2 usually is the one that comes together quickest...it definitely has for me.

I always preach visualization in preparing for transitions: Get very clear in your mind what you want to do and in what order in a perfect transition and go over that in your mind's eye repeatedly. I also believe in associating your movements with that visualization...I'll actually just indicate physically with gestures what I'm doing as I picture it in my head so that I start to build muscle memory for the activities of transition. The idea ultimately is to build towards transitions being "second nature"...your body is always in a state of chaos moving off of one discipline and into another (dizziness from standing up after a long swim, legs knotting after jumping off the bike and walking or running to your rack), so the less you have to decide what to do next in transition, the more you can focus and getting your body settled down and start to focus your mind on how you are approaching the next segment.

T1 is always the more difficult transition (at least if you are using a wetsuit) and the least easy to physically practice. I think it's a really good idea when you have an open water swim practice planned to build in an opportunity to at least practice getting into your bike shoes (if you aren't clipping them to your pedals in advance...something I don't do and generally isn't recommended for beginners) and your helmet and gloves (and any other bike apparel you may be adding after the swim). If you can do and actual OWS/bike brick with a real transition in between, that's even better, but even just finishing the swim with the transition to the bike is better than not doing that at all.

One other thing about transitions that I've found to be a little bit of an obstacle as a beginner (YMMV...): I'm still gradually adding new gear, so I'm not yet at a place where I can really settle into a routine. My last T1 was totally thrown off by the fact that I'd gotten a brand new wetsuit only two weeks before the race and really didn't have time to practice a transition with it. On the other hand, I recently put Yankz (elastic lace system) in both my running and cycling shoes and that has speeded up my T2. Ditto to investing in a tri top to go with my tri shorts.

--
2008-04-28 12:31 PM

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
So what's up this week?

Here's my general plan (and with me, things are always subject to some degree of change):

Today - Bike commute (to/from subway) ~6 mi. x 2. Easy pace after three hours in the saddle yesterday. Core work.

Tues - 5 mi general aerobic run.

Wed - Bike commute to work in AM (20.1 mi. w/ hills). Bike commute to subway in PM (~6 mi.). Lifting + core.

Thurs - Run 3 x 1 mi. intervals. Core.

Fri - Bike commute (subway) x 2

Sat - Long run, probably 12 mi. at ~8:40/mi. Then pool swim 30 min.

Sun - Long bike, ~3 hours. Lifting + core.

What's in my way this week? Left shoulder injury...seems to be combination of swim workout on Saturday and then sleeping on it wrong. Somewhat better today, but it might limit my swim on Sat. and the small amount of lifting I typically do.

Notice I only have one swim planned. That's typical for me. It's a tradeoff I make to have a life. Because I do standalone running races year 'round and because my biking is my weakest discipline by far (and because I'm comfortable in the water and used to be a competitive swimmer), the swim gets sacrificed in my training. Since the swim is by far the smallest energy and time consumer of the three disciplines in triathlons, it gets sacrificed by me in my weekly routine.
2008-04-28 1:54 PM
in reply to: #1366781

User image

Ballantyne
I'm not good at planning a week ahead of time, so I'm sure will change through the week.

Monday - Run - I haven't gotten into this yet so I'll see how far I make it and build later workouts based on that.

Tuesday - Swim and Core/Lowerbody

Wednesday - Bike (Trainer) 1.5 hours

Thursday - Swim and Run

Friday - Off

Saturday - Run

Sunday - Swim and Core/Upper Body

As you can see I don't have much for times or distances. Biking is the only part where I'm comfortable. As I get more familiar with myself in the the swimming and running I'll be able to provide more detail. For now I will just try to better my previous workouts and increase everytime.

Having never done this before, I don't know anything about transitions. I haven't read very much about them, I always just assumed you change and go. Evidentally it is harder than it sounds to do quickly. What goes into the transitions? I'm assuming I'll have a wetsuit on.

Two words that I don't know either are brick and OWS as in OWS/Bike brick. What do these mean? I haven't found a glossary yet on here, is there one?
2008-04-28 2:16 PM
in reply to: #1367064

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
pcm95 - 2008-04-28 11:54 AM

I'm not good at planning a week ahead of time, so I'm sure will change through the week.

Monday - Run - I haven't gotten into this yet so I'll see how far I make it and build later workouts based on that.

Tuesday - Swim and Core/Lowerbody

Wednesday - Bike (Trainer) 1.5 hours

Thursday - Swim and Run

Friday - Off

Saturday - Run

Sunday - Swim and Core/Upper Body

As you can see I don't have much for times or distances. Biking is the only part where I'm comfortable. As I get more familiar with myself in the the swimming and running I'll be able to provide more detail. For now I will just try to better my previous workouts and increase everytime.

Having never done this before, I don't know anything about transitions. I haven't read very much about them, I always just assumed you change and go. Evidentally it is harder than it sounds to do quickly. What goes into the transitions? I'm assuming I'll have a wetsuit on.

Two words that I don't know either are brick and OWS as in OWS/Bike brick. What do these mean? I haven't found a glossary yet on here, is there one?

There is a glossary here on BT. I'll try to remember to track down the link. (If anyone else can find it first, please post it.) Sorry...should have translated (actually crossed my mind, even):

OWS = open water swim (as opposed to pool swim)

Brick = workout with two disciplines back-to-back.

The classic "brick" is bike, then run. (Some say that "BRick" comes from "Bike-Run". You'll see references to "swim-run bricks", "swim-bike bricks", etc. Usually with a brick workout, you keep the time betw. to a bare minimum to acclimate your body to the particular stresses of changing disciplines. Bike-to-run is the most common because it is the more difficult in the race because A) the time on the bike is the longest (so your body is really "into" that mode) and B) you're using the same muscles in both in different ways. Planning at least a couple bricks (i.e., bike/run) before a race is a good idea.

Transitions don't have to be difficult...it's largely a matter of how much you are concerned about your overall time. But the general chaos in your body, combined with adrenaline, combined with finding your rack in the transition area while you're recovering from the swim or the bike tend to make it all a little more complicated than it would seem on the surface...

Swim to bike, for instance...
--Cap/goggles off
--Wetsuit off
--Are you wearing socks on the bike? Then rinse off and dry your feet.
--Are you adding a jersey or do you have a tri top (or bike jersey) still on from under your wetsuit?
--Did your timing chip (strapped to your ankle) stay on when you pulled off the wetsuit)?
--Bike shoes (and maybe socks) on
--Sunglasses?
--Gloves on
--Helmet on
--Did you remember to apply sunscreen earlier? Do you need more anywhere after the swim?
--Does this race require you to have your bib number on for the bike segment? If so, don't forget to put your race number belt on.
--Oh, and is your bike computer (if you have one) reset?

That's a pretty bare bones T1...fair amount to remember (and potentially forget). Some people even tape a list to the bar of the rack by their bike.

2008-04-28 2:45 PM

User image

Expert
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
My Plan for the Week, (subject to change)

Monday
swim 1200yd intervals, (I get workouts off of SwimPlan.com)
Run 3 miles, :30 walk per mile

Tuesday
30 min Bike, (stationary unfortunately)

Wednesday
Swim, (exact workout to be determined)
Run 3 miles, :30 walk per mile

Thrusday
off

Friday
Swim, (see how far a can get in 20 min), maybe some drills
Run 3 miles, :30 rest per mile

Saturday
30 min Bike, (again... likely a stationary)

Sunday
Run 3 miles, rest :30 per mile
*flying to seattle today, this workout may change

Hope everybody has a good week!

Edited by Pegasus1731 2008-04-28 2:47 PM
2008-04-28 3:01 PM

User image

Minneapolis, MN
Hey everyone - I didn’t give much of a intro about myself when I signed up so I’ll give a little more info and then give you my plan for the week.

Me – I’m 26, married, but no kids (just a dog!) My husband is athletic and does a lot of sports but I haven’t dragged him into triathlons yet. He joins me for bike rides every once in awhile. I’m a mechanical engineer and I have a desk job but I try to spend as little time possible sitting down during the day! Typically I get away to run during lunch. I’ve got two co-workers who are similar speed to me so it works out well. As Todd noted on the chart I have an Olympic distance race planned for June 1 (my first triathlon!). I’d really love to do this ½ IM in September so as long as the Olympic goes well that’ll be my next goal. In addition to triathlons I've got a few adventure races planned for the summer.

This week - I don’t usually plan out days. Lately, my weekly goal has been to get in 3 swims, 3 bikes, and 3 runs per week. I typically do shorter workouts (under 1 hr) during the week and long stuff on the weekend. But hey, I am up for trying something new so here is a tentative plan for this week:

Monday – short swim (already done! 45 min – 1900 meters), short bike
Tuesday – long run (8 or 9 miles)
Wednesday – swim and bike
Thursday – medium distance run (4 or 5 miles)
Friday – probably off
Saturday – I’ve got a long ride and then a trail run planned with my Adventure Race teammates
Sunday – swim
2008-04-28 5:05 PM

User image

Texas

Well I never really plan my work outs, but i found one online that is really balanced that i am going to work around. I do not have a bike yet so if anything I can only ride a stationary at my gym. I am trying to invest in one, here is one i have been looking at....can anyone tell me if its a good buy?

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=104721&posts=6&start=1

Since i am in the Army I have mandatory PT every morning at 5:30 so i have to do what my battalion is doing so i will log those work outs either at the end of the week or everyday.

Monday- 30 min swim and 2 mile run (push-ups and sit-ups)

Tuesday- 20min swim i will see how far i can get and 25 min bike (Stationary)(push-ups and sit-ups)

Wednesday- (3) one mile intervals (push-ups and sit-ups)

Thursday- 20 min swim 25 min bike(Stationary)(push-ups and sit-ups)

Friday- 4 mile run(push-ups and sit-ups)

Saturday- Off(push-ups and sit-ups)

Sunday- Bike-Run Brick(Push-ups and Sit-ups)

Its kinda hard loging work outs because of the ARMY i almost feel like i should just log at the end of the week and just tell everyone what i did lol.

Edited by landon5108 2008-04-28 5:06 PM
2008-04-28 5:15 PM
in reply to: #1367686

User image

Champion
Northridge, California
landon5108 - 2008-04-28 3:05 PM

Well I never really plan my work outs, but i found one online that is really balanced that i am going to work around. I do not have a bike yet so if anything I can only ride a stationary at my gym. I am trying to invest in one, here is one i have been looking at....can anyone tell me if its a good buy?

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=104721&posts=6&start=1

Since i am in the Army I have mandatory PT every morning at 5:30 so i have to do what my battalion is doing so i will log those work outs either at the end of the week or everyday.

Monday- 30 min swim and 2 mile run (push-ups and sit-ups)

Tuesday- 20min swim i will see how far i can get and 25 min bike (Stationary)(push-ups and sit-ups)

Wednesday- (3) one mile intervals (push-ups and sit-ups)

Thursday- 20 min swim 25 min bike(Stationary)(push-ups and sit-ups)

Friday- 4 mile run(push-ups and sit-ups)

Saturday- Off(push-ups and sit-ups)

Sunday- Bike-Run Brick(Push-ups and Sit-ups)

Its kinda hard loging work outs because of the ARMY i almost feel like i should just log at the end of the week and just tell everyone what i did lol.

The bike looks great if the size is right for you (I'm assuming it is and that's a reason you're looking at this bike). Assuming there are no undisclosed mechanical or damage issues with the bike, the components and wheelset alone are worth the price of the bike. It's unusual to jump right into a tri (time trial) specific bike right off the bat (as opposed to starting out with a road bike), but you aren't having to get acclimated to this specific setup after riding a road bike for a long time or anything, so maybe it's not a bad thing.

Thanks for sharing your plans for the week. (Like I mentioned in my post, mine tend to be only loosely planned and definitely are built around my other commitments during the week.)
2008-04-28 7:08 PM
in reply to: #1366614

User image

Veteran
Washington , MO

Good looking week ahead Kim! Swimming looks excellent. You're going to crush the Oly coming up Todd had some great advice on transition practice(s). My practice is going to be relatively simple. Lay out my gear on a towel and practice 3 or 4 T1 and T2's , timing them as i come in from my pretend "swim" or "bike". Hoping to fine tune it as i go.

peace,

John

2008-04-28 7:10 PM

User image

Ballantyne
I agree with Todd that the parts of the bike (not including frame) are probably worth the price. The miles on it are very low. It sounds like it's in great shape. I sure wouldn't worry about a nick here or there unless I was going to frame it and hang it on the wall.
2008-04-28 7:16 PM
in reply to: #1366781

User image

Veteran
Washington , MO

Nice week ahead Todd. Quick question, when you swim (especially longer distances) do you typically "kick" much or save your legs?  Ive been practicing mainly pulling with very little kicking except on some sprint type sets. I've only been swimming since Feb. so  my general swimming knowledge is... well... i dont have much.

John

2008-04-28 7:34 PM
in reply to: #1367686

User image

Veteran
Washington , MO

Nice looking Trek ,Landon. I know you've already sent him a PM but you may want to consider running on in to your LBS (local bike shop) that sells Trek and throw a leg over that particular model or one like it and if possible, take it for a short cruise to see how it "feels". If you havent ridden a tri bike or even road bike before, you may want to even try out several bikes to get an idea of what is comfortable to you. Just my $.02.

Nice weekly shedule planned ahead along with you PT to boot! Hooah!

John

2008-04-28 8:00 PM
in reply to: #1365089

User image

Veteran
Washington , MO

Heya Melissa, what is this NEMO tri in Missouri in September you speak of? Where and What distance?

John

2008-04-28 9:15 PM
in reply to: #1368072

User image

Expert
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hi John,

NEMO is located in Kirksville, about an hour and a half north of Columbia. Its in early September. Here's the link to it

http://www.nemotriathlon.org/

2008-04-28 11:38 PM

User image

Texas
Yah the Bike is the right size for me.  I thought i was a 58 because thats what i rode mostly on Road bikes but i was a 56cm in the Trek E7.  The 58 was way to big for me.  I went to my local LBS....i only have one because i live about 2 and a half hours from a big city and luckly they sold TREK.  I test rode it and i felt like i was hauling .  But what do i know that was the first TRI bike i have ever rode lol.  I sent him a PM and said if he includes shipping in the 1000 price tag he has sold his bike.  He told me he would have to check.

Swimming went ok i guess today.  That is definitely  my weak spot.  I can only swim about 100-150m in the pool without stopping.  I was breathing soo hard when i stopped lol.  But i ended up swimming about 650 all together then went on my run.  Hope the swimming gets better. 

Hope everyones week and workouts went great. 
2008-04-29 12:38 AM
in reply to: #1368408

User image

Elite
san francisco
landon5108 - 2008-04-28 9:38 PM

Yah the Bike is the right size for me.  I thought i was a 58 because thats what i rode mostly on Road bikes but i was a 56cm in the Trek E7.  The 58 was way to big for me.  I went to my local LBS....i only have one because i live about 2 and a half hours from a big city and luckly they sold TREK.  I test rode it and i felt like i was hauling .  But what do i know that was the first TRI bike i have ever rode lol.  I sent him a PM and said if he includes shipping in the 1000 price tag he has sold his bike.  He told me he would have to check.

Swimming went ok i guess today.  That is definitely  my weak spot.  I can only swim about 100-150m in the pool without stopping.  I was breathing soo hard when i stopped lol.  But i ended up swimming about 650 all together then went on my run.  Hope the swimming gets better. 

Hope everyones week and workouts went great. 

Sounds like a good deal on the bike Matt. The more you swim, the better it will get. I literally could only swim about 50 yards at a time at the end of January and by going 3x a week since then, I've gotten it to 2000! I just learned to swim last summer and I'm pretty slow, but I'm not out of breath anymore. I found some great drills in a book called Swim Training for Triathletes by Steve Tarpinian.

Keep up the good work!
2008-04-29 8:39 AM

User image

Minneapolis, MN
Good morning everyone....

Like everyone else in this group I just started swimming as well. I could stay afloat in water but had not done any lap swimming until the end of November this past fall so it's only been 6 months or so. I started with swimming 1 lap freestyle, 1 lap breast stroke, 1 lap freestyle, 1 lap breast stroke. After that got easier I started doing 100s with breaks in between.

Good luck!

Todd - another question.....do you have a full sleeve or sleeveless wetsuit? maybe you are not the one to ask since you're in CA and I'm in chilly minnesota.... but I went and tried on wetsuits this weekend, there is a nice sleeveless for $200 but to get a good full sleeve suit it will be $400. I'm having trouble justifying that since that is more than half the price of my bike!!!! The guy at the store was really pushing for the full sleeve however.
2008-04-29 9:39 AM

User image

Texas

While yall are talking about equipment i thought i would jump in here and ask a question.  I figured i would wait till my race got closer to ask, but i need to know what to save for. 

What all do i need for my first TRI?

I have good pair Running Shoes and running equip like shorts and a top, Im getting a bike, and i have goggles.  Do I need a wetsuit, i mean i guess it would be best because dont people just waer there riding stuff underneth that?  And i guess i need some riding clothes right? And do i just run in my ridding clothes after i jump of the bike or do i change. 

Sorry soo many questions guys im just clueless.  Have a great day

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » tcovert's Group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 18