of 84

2011-04-28 8:41 AM
in reply to: #3436601

User image

Master
Dallas
Subject: RE: Ernesto's group - OPEN

Gabriel,

Since you’re able to workout on Sunday I would suggest you do a long bike on Saturdays followed by a short brick, a shorter ride on Sunday followed by a swim and long runs on Thursdays. This is probably a dramatic change in your routine but the only way I see you squeezing in more bike workouts. The other weekdays reserve them for short workouts at high intensity.

This way you will get both, aerobic endurance from the long stuff and the progress in speed you need to become fast(er). Think of it in terms of a car engine, the long stuff (at easy efforts) makes your motor bigger and the speedwork let’s you rev it up to high RPMs.

I would take Friday off to rest from the long run, do a run (short but fast) on Monday, another run and a swim on Tuesday, and a run and a fast (interval session) bike on Wednesday. Of course, these are tentative since I don’t know your time constrictions.

On the Garmin files, simply copy the link on your taskbar to your workout comments so I can see the details of the HR and such.

2011-04-28 8:45 AM
in reply to: #3470425

User image

Master
Dallas
Subject: RE: Barefoot Running
jdiis - 2011-04-27 10:42 PM

Hey Everyone,

Any thoughts on barefoot running and/or the minimalist running shoes like the Vibram Five Finger? 

The five fingers are great but need lots of lube or you'll get some serious blisters. The transition has to be done with lots of patience and I don't recommend running with those. Racing flats are the way to go, non-supportive, lightweight, cheap shoes.

Keep in mind that our feet are very weak from years of wearing cushioned shoes, so if you take that "protection" out without a smooth transition is a recipe for injury very quick.

I'm very supportive of the movement, I believe in natural running, I'm doing the transition to minimal shoes myself as well.

2011-04-28 8:47 AM

User image

Master
Dallas

On a different note, our dear Mark is only hours away from his trip of a lifetime, getting ready for his Ironman in Port MacQuairie.

I'm excited!!! I'm gonna be glued to the computer (probably at really odd hours because of the time difference). Tongue out

2011-04-28 11:00 AM
in reply to: #3470847

User image

Veteran
Chicago, Illinois
evillarroel - 2011-04-28 8:47 AM

On a different note, our dear Mark is only hours away from his trip of a lifetime, getting ready for his Ironman in Port MacQuairie.

I'm excited!!! I'm gonna be glued to the computer (probably at really odd hours because of the time difference). Tongue out

+1

I'll do some "nodding" in between checks.

2011-04-28 11:00 AM

User image

Veteran
Chicago, Illinois
evillarroel - 2011-04-28 8:47 AM

+1

I'll do some "nodding" in between checks.

2011-04-28 6:07 PM

El Paso

Hey Guys !!!

Im back..!!  good to talk to you again..

the best of luck to Mark,  !!!    Im anxious to participate in a race, but honestly my swimming is not improving.

That said, i have reeschedule my training, monday, Tuesdays and Fridays for morning swim, I notice that by going two concecutive days my body remebers from the previous day and i feel more productive.

next week are finals and I will finish my Assosiates degree in Criminal Justice, so hurray !! for that !!

I will try to update my garming site and the trainning logs from the next week..

2011-04-28 6:51 PM

User image

Master

Ernesto - I would be interested in joining your group.

NAME: username: dangremond / first name: Mitch

STORY: I too am very busy.  I am married with 3 girls (12, 8, & 1).  I work in commercial / investment banking.  I coach my 8 year old's soccer team and utilize triathlon as an excuse to stay in shape.

CURRENT TRAINING: Currently I am training around 5 to 6 hours a week.  I am finishing up Jorge's winter cycling plan and training for a June 5th Half Marathon.  My training has primarily been running and cycling over the last few months.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: I will be running the Dexter Ann-Arbor half marathon on June 5th, the Detroit Free Press Half Marathon in October and the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving (10-k).  Noticeably absent are any triathlon plans - I need to get back in the pool and shoot for some mid to late season sprints and if I feel strong enough on the swim an olympic.  I may also pace a friend in ultramarathon if he can complete the volume of training necessary to complete the race.  That would be in September.

2010 RACES:  I only competed in running races at the end of last season.  We had our third child early in 2010 and the pregnancy and birth really put training and competing on hold for 2009 and 2010.  

WEIGHTLOSS: When I got back into fitness in 2007 and 2008 I lost about 20 pounds.  Peak weight was around 183.  Last summer / fall I dropped another 5 or so and got to 158.  I'm sitting around 165 at the moment after too much beer and holiday fun over the winter.  Ideally I think I should be in the low to mid 150's.  I am about 5'9" tall.

OTHER BACKGROUND: I turned 40 this year and was an officer in the U.S. Navy for about 6 years out of college.  I bleed Maize and Blue.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR FROM MY MENTOR AND GROUP: I think group dynamics are fun and I enjoy helping others.  I have mentored in the past but do not have the time to do that today.  I am also wanting to have a set of eyes looking at what I'm doing and giving feedback and input on things I should be thinking about or different ways to approach training, etc.  I like an active group and probably spend too much of my days reading the BT forum.

2011-04-28 8:22 PM
in reply to: #3472382

User image

Master
Dallas
dangremond - 2011-04-28 6:51 PM

Ernesto - I would be interested in joining your group.

NAME: username: dangremond / first name: Mitch

STORY: I too am very busy.  I am married with 3 girls (12, 8, & 1).  I work in commercial / investment banking.  I coach my 8 year old's soccer team and utilize triathlon as an excuse to stay in shape.

CURRENT TRAINING: Currently I am training around 5 to 6 hours a week.  I am finishing up Jorge's winter cycling plan and training for a June 5th Half Marathon.  My training has primarily been running and cycling over the last few months.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: I will be running the Dexter Ann-Arbor half marathon on June 5th, the Detroit Free Press Half Marathon in October and the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving (10-k).  Noticeably absent are any triathlon plans - I need to get back in the pool and shoot for some mid to late season sprints and if I feel strong enough on the swim an olympic.  I may also pace a friend in ultramarathon if he can complete the volume of training necessary to complete the race.  That would be in September.

2010 RACES:  I only competed in running races at the end of last season.  We had our third child early in 2010 and the pregnancy and birth really put training and competing on hold for 2009 and 2010.  

WEIGHTLOSS: When I got back into fitness in 2007 and 2008 I lost about 20 pounds.  Peak weight was around 183.  Last summer / fall I dropped another 5 or so and got to 158.  I'm sitting around 165 at the moment after too much beer and holiday fun over the winter.  Ideally I think I should be in the low to mid 150's.  I am about 5'9" tall.

OTHER BACKGROUND: I turned 40 this year and was an officer in the U.S. Navy for about 6 years out of college.  I bleed Maize and Blue.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR FROM MY MENTOR AND GROUP: I think group dynamics are fun and I enjoy helping others.  I have mentored in the past but do not have the time to do that today.  I am also wanting to have a set of eyes looking at what I'm doing and giving feedback and input on things I should be thinking about or different ways to approach training, etc.  I like an active group and probably spend too much of my days reading the BT forum.

Well Mitch, welcome to the group! We have some members "grandfathered in" from the first trimester of the year and I'm eager to have new members join. I guess the best way to "make" yourself get back in the pool is to actually sign up for a race later in the season. The commitment will push you into the water.

Shoot your questions if you have any!

2011-04-28 9:17 PM
in reply to: #3472330

User image

Master
Dallas
alfredo1414 - 2011-04-28 6:07 PM

Hey Guys !!!

Im back..!!  good to talk to you again..

the best of luck to Mark,  !!!    Im anxious to participate in a race, but honestly my swimming is not improving.

That said, i have reeschedule my training, monday, Tuesdays and Fridays for morning swim, I notice that by going two concecutive days my body remebers from the previous day and i feel more productive.

next week are finals and I will finish my Assosiates degree in Criminal Justice, so hurray !! for that !!

I will try to update my garming site and the trainning logs from the next week..

Welcome back Alfredo! I hope everything goes well with your finals. Are you planning anything soon?

2011-04-29 5:54 AM

User image

Master
Gold Coast Australia.

It's all happening guys... Still heavy showers making everybody look very humble. Just got the numbers, bags etc. Tomorrow - bike check in.

Oh yeah, the girls in the back took off their long pants later (true) - it's all part of the sponsor's (Urban Hotel) image (so I was told)...

Edited by markz 2011-04-29 6:08 AM
2011-04-29 8:58 AM

User image

Master
Dallas
I don't mind girls in bikinis. Tongue out My wife slaps me when she catches me looking though...

2011-04-29 10:32 AM
in reply to: #3472491

User image

Master

Well Mitch, welcome to the group! We have some members "grandfathered in" from the first trimester of the year and I'm eager to have new members join. I guess the best way to "make" yourself get back in the pool is to actually sign up for a race later in the season. The commitment will push you into the water.

Shoot your questions if you have any!

Part of my plan regarding swimming is that with the end of the school year I will have more time in the mornings for myself (no need to help the girls get out the door to school in addition to getting myself out the door to work).  I plan to spend 2 to 3 mornings per week at the Life Time Fitness near me to swim and then run (outdoors) and leave from there for work. 

Good luck to those competing this weekend!

2011-04-29 11:34 AM

User image

Expert
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Welcome Mitch!

Welcome back Alfredo, congrats on your degree!

Mark, you look like you're having a great time already.  That training that you did in adverse conditions will really pay off now!

2011-04-29 1:32 PM

User image

Expert
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Subject: Subject Line in New Threads

Is it possible that when someone starts a new thread, we could change the subject line to reflect what the thread is about?  That way if you look at the forum using threaded instead of flat, you will see the subject and it is easier to go back and find something.  (See below)  Maybe I'm the only one that looks back?

To see it threaded, it's the drop down menu on the upper right of the screen.  The default is flat, but you can select threaded or nested and click GO to get a different view.

Ernesto's group - OPEN - evillarroel : 2011-04-08 2:18 PM

2011-04-29 1:40 PM

User image

Master
Dallas

Mark,

Some last minute tips if you don’t mind:

-         The swim has to be aerobic, don’t overdo it and remain calm at the start, it’s only 1,500 people! If you get whacked, keep in mind nobody’s trying to hurt you, don’t panic and don’t get angry. If I were you, I’d place myself somewhere about halfway in the pack, you’re not the fastest swimmer, but you’re very proficient.

-         The first 35 miles of the bike should feel like you’ve done NOTHING, small ring it and keep the turnover high. Slowly pick up the pace but never beyond a super comfortable one. At the end of the bike you should feel like you haven’t exerted a whole lot of energy.

-         After being six hours or more on the bike, your perception of speed will be skewed, so when you start running you will feel like you’re not moving at all. Please look at the GPS and make sure it is a super easy pace, just an easy jog for the first five or six miles, then your running stride and economy will come back.

-         You will hit a wall somewhere on the run, at that point, the urge to walk will be overwhelming. DON’T DO IT, just force yourself to slow down but no walking unless you feel there’s no other way to finish the race. Once you push through that wall the pain will become normal until you finish. Think of the marathon as 26 one mile repeats, and run between aid stations. Reward yourself with a walk ONLY through the aid station but start jogging again as soon as you go past the last table.

-         Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition. Your body will utilize an enormous amount of energy, part of it can be replaced. You need to consume most of your calories on the bike, but don’t try anything you haven’t done in training.

-         When offered coke, take it. Once you start though, never stop or you will crash (lack of caffeine). Chicken broth feels like brought straight from heaven (I don’t know if that is part of your vegetarian menu).

I know next time we’re in touch you will be an Ironman. Good luck! and be thankful to God for your health, keep a smile on your face at all times, even when in a hurt locker.

2011-04-29 1:55 PM

User image

Maple Grove, MN

Dear Ernesto,

I am interested in joining this group.

NAME: username: older2533 / first name: Chris

STORY: 48 year old college professor with wife and 5 kids. 

About 3 years ago, at the age of 45, I decided to get in shape.  I started running a little and by the end of the summer I ran a 10k in 50 minutes.  But I hurt my hip.  Didn't run the next season, but lost weight due to diet and lifting weights.   Went from 186 lbs to about 160 lbs. 

Beginning of last season, (Spring 2010) decided to get start doing cardio again.  Hip hurt again so I switched to Vibram Five Fingers, which worked.  Signed up for end of year sprint triathlon (.3 mile swim, 14 mile bike, 3 mile run).  Did it in 1:27 on a hybrid bike.  Bought a tri bike (Trek Equinox 7).   Did two 10k's in fall (47 min and 45 min) and a shortened half marathon (11.6 miles at an 8 min pace) in January.

This year am signed up for a half marathon in May, an Olympic Tri in June and a sprint Tri in late August.  May also do a full marathon in October, another tri in early August or late July, and some 10k's.  

CURRENT TRAINING: I try to train 6 days a week with 2 of each type, but at least three runs.  Not always successful.  Runs include 1 long, 1 interval and 1 tempo.  Bike, one long bike, one shorter faster ride. 

GOALS:  I want to do better than just finish.  I want to do as well in my age group as I can.  Currently, my best leg is the run and worst is the bike.   Perhaps if I keep doing this, I'll get on the podium just by getting old enough so that my division has three or fewer entrants!

One reason I want to join this group is the detailed feedback Ernesto gives - looking at training logs and Garmin Connect activities and heart rates and so forth.   

2011-04-29 2:29 PM

User image

New user

Ernesto... I'd like to join your mentor group.

I became interested in Triathlons about 3 years ago. But due to injuries, procrastination and just life in general have never actually completed one. I have done a 5k and a 10K Mud run. I am currently doing my 4th round of p90X.... so I'm in pretty decent shape. (41 Years Old)  I have done a lot of reading on the subject and volunteered when I couldn't participate.

My goal is a compete the US Toyota in October of 2011. I have prepared a training schedule for 2011 based on "The Triathlete's Training Bible by Joe Friel". I however, am behind a couple months. 

I main areas needing improvement are (1)swim endurance (2)cycling endurance

I'd like to learn about bike selection and nutrition.

Edited by dekki 2011-04-29 2:31 PM
2011-04-29 6:17 PM
in reply to: #3473767

User image

Master
Dallas
older2533 - 2011-04-29 1:55 PM

Dear Ernesto,

I am interested in joining this group.

NAME: username: older2533 / first name: Chris

STORY: 48 year old college professor with wife and 5 kids. 

About 3 years ago, at the age of 45, I decided to get in shape.  I started running a little and by the end of the summer I ran a 10k in 50 minutes.  But I hurt my hip.  Didn't run the next season, but lost weight due to diet and lifting weights.   Went from 186 lbs to about 160 lbs. 

Beginning of last season, (Spring 2010) decided to get start doing cardio again.  Hip hurt again so I switched to Vibram Five Fingers, which worked.  Signed up for end of year sprint triathlon (.3 mile swim, 14 mile bike, 3 mile run).  Did it in 1:27 on a hybrid bike.  Bought a tri bike (Trek Equinox 7).   Did two 10k's in fall (47 min and 45 min) and a shortened half marathon (11.6 miles at an 8 min pace) in January.

This year am signed up for a half marathon in May, an Olympic Tri in June and a sprint Tri in late August.  May also do a full marathon in October, another tri in early August or late July, and some 10k's.  

CURRENT TRAINING: I try to train 6 days a week with 2 of each type, but at least three runs.  Not always successful.  Runs include 1 long, 1 interval and 1 tempo.  Bike, one long bike, one shorter faster ride. 

GOALS:  I want to do better than just finish.  I want to do as well in my age group as I can.  Currently, my best leg is the run and worst is the bike.   Perhaps if I keep doing this, I'll get on the podium just by getting old enough so that my division has three or fewer entrants!

One reason I want to join this group is the detailed feedback Ernesto gives - looking at training logs and Garmin Connect activities and heart rates and so forth.   

Chris,

Welcome to the gang! You're a very ambitious athlete as evidenced by your workouts and finish times. You can ask all the questions you want, I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge and experience, and if I don't know, I'm humble enough to admit it.

Things I observed at a glance (in your log):

- Your running ability is developed and you put the necessary variety to the training to make it successful (speed and aerobic work is well mixed). Your fitness in this area is impressive and you're being smart by keeping the slow slow and the fast fast. Most runners/triathletes go too hard on their easy days and too easy on the hard ones.

- The bike doesn't even come close to your running fitness (comparably, you should be pushing averages of around 19mph in training). The good news is that there is a lot of room for improvement, however cycling fitness takes time to build. I guess if you have the summer off (being a College Professor) will give you lots of time to make the necessary base. Weather in your part of the country is not really cooperative year round, so I guess this is your best bet. 

- Same thing with the swim, you need to build an aerobic base. Doing short 100y intervals will not do the trick, longer swims are required. My assumption is that you swim by yourself, right? That is a workout killer, the boredom and lack of "competition" makes the swimming pool tedious. I suggest you join a Masters program and put at least 2,5K per session. Don't worry about the mix, they do a good job at putting long sets and speed sets.  Also, getting a swimming coach to look at your form will help big dividends. Bad swimming habits die hard when you get them ingrained during long swims.

Now ask...

2011-04-29 7:12 PM
in reply to: #3474179

User image

Maple Grove, MN
evillarroel - 2011-04-29 6:17 PM 

Chris,

Welcome to the gang! You're a very ambitious athlete as evidenced by your workouts and finish times. You can ask all the questions you want, I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge and experience, and if I don't know, I'm humble enough to admit it.

Things I observed at a glance (in your log):

- Your running ability is developed and you put the necessary variety to the training to make it successful (speed and aerobic work is well mixed). Your fitness in this area is impressive and you're being smart by keeping the slow slow and the fast fast. Most runners/triathletes go too hard on their easy days and too easy on the hard ones.

- The bike doesn't even come close to your running fitness (comparably, you should be pushing averages of around 19mph in training). The good news is that there is a lot of room for improvement, however cycling fitness takes time to build. I guess if you have the summer off (being a College Professor) will give you lots of time to make the necessary base. Weather in your part of the country is not really cooperative year round, so I guess this is your best bet. 

- Same thing with the swim, you need to build an aerobic base. Doing short 100y intervals will not do the trick, longer swims are required. My assumption is that you swim by yourself, right? That is a workout killer, the boredom and lack of "competition" makes the swimming pool tedious. I suggest you join a Masters program and put at least 2,5K per session. Don't worry about the mix, they do a good job at putting long sets and speed sets.  Also, getting a swimming coach to look at your form will help big dividends. Bad swimming habits die hard when you get them ingrained during long swims.

Now ask...

Ernesto,

Thanks for the feedback.  Regarding the swim, I did join a Master's group for about 3 sessions last summer.  I just couldn't make it work with my schedule.  But I did get three 1/2 hour private lessons later with the coach (they came for free with my club membership).   She helped me immensely with my swim stroke and gave me a bunch of workouts to do.   So, yes, you are correct that I should join a Master's group.  Not sure if I can make it work during the school year of the kids, but at the very least, I should get up the discipline to mimic the routines. 

Bike: I am finding this a bit frustrating.  There are time trials starting soon here on Tuesday nights.  I am thinking of running these.  (11.5 miles.  Pretty hilly).  There are also some group rides, but not so easy to find ones that are ok with tri bikes.  So two questions:

1) If I can only do 2 bike rides in a week, what would you suggest (say, one long of x miles at y mph, and  one short of z miles and c mph).

2) Same thing if I can do 3 bike rides instead of 2 in a given week.

And thanks!

2011-04-29 9:36 PM
in reply to: #3474234

User image

Master
Dallas

Ernesto,

Thanks for the feedback.  Regarding the swim, I did join a Master's group for about 3 sessions last summer.  I just couldn't make it work with my schedule.  But I did get three 1/2 hour private lessons later with the coach (they came for free with my club membership).   She helped me immensely with my swim stroke and gave me a bunch of workouts to do.   So, yes, you are correct that I should join a Master's group.  Not sure if I can make it work during the school year of the kids, but at the very least, I should get up the discipline to mimic the routines. 

Bike: I am finding this a bit frustrating.  There are time trials starting soon here on Tuesday nights.  I am thinking of running these.  (11.5 miles.  Pretty hilly).  There are also some group rides, but not so easy to find ones that are ok with tri bikes.  So two questions:

1) If I can only do 2 bike rides in a week, what would you suggest (say, one long of x miles at y mph, and  one short of z miles and c mph).

2) Same thing if I can do 3 bike rides instead of 2 in a given week.

And thanks!

Group rides are the way to go, roadies are extremely elitist though, and hate us triathletes for reasons beyond my comprehension. I do ride with them every now and then but these are the rules:

- Never go aero, they will use this against you and tell you to get off your bars or leave.

- They will do everything in their power to drop you, sometimes successfully. Be ready to be on your own.

- The pace is not steady like we triathletes are, they have constant surges that will make your HR jump up and down. They like to charge up the hills, obviously they do not need to save their legs for the run.

- They will want you to ride in the back, probably last. Obey.

Advantages: the workouts are extremely demanding, the furious pace will force quick adaptations in your body that will pay off quickly. You also get the advantage of drafting at 24mph, this will teach your brain a fast turnover rate.

Better than roadies are triathlon clubs, I'm pretty sure there's at least a few in your area. Find them and ask for a "demo" ride.We triathletes have far more camaraderie than our cyclist cousins. Shoot, sometimes I think they hate themselves.

As far as the mileage, you need to start building an aerobic base on the bike. Do long(er) rides at low HR and make the effort be in the duration, not the pace. These rides can be solo but that could turn boring. We're talking 2 to 3 hours, preferably Saturdays. During the week, do some intervals on the bike. You could also do some very specific cadence workouts to create the neuro-muscular connections for a fast cadence.

2011-04-29 9:43 PM
in reply to: #3473835

User image

Master
Dallas
dekki - 2011-04-29 2:29 PM

Ernesto... I'd like to join your mentor group.

I became interested in Triathlons about 3 years ago. But due to injuries, procrastination and just life in general have never actually completed one. I have done a 5k and a 10K Mud run. I am currently doing my 4th round of p90X.... so I'm in pretty decent shape. (41 Years Old)  I have done a lot of reading on the subject and volunteered when I couldn't participate.

My goal is a compete the US Toyota in October of 2011. I have prepared a training schedule for 2011 based on "The Triathlete's Training Bible by Joe Friel". I however, am behind a couple months. 

I main areas needing improvement are (1)swim endurance (2)cycling endurance

I'd like to learn about bike selection and nutrition.

Detrick,

The goal is perfectly within reach but you need to get started. Do you have a bike yet? Also, I could probably use some info from your log. Can you get it started? Are you tracking your progress somehow?

And BTW, welcome!

2011-04-30 6:11 AM

User image

Houston, Texas

Ernesto, if there is still room I would like to join the group, too.

I need the motivation a group provides, especially if I'm going to attain my goals.

Name - Mike

Story - I started doing Sprints last year and got hooked.  Lost 30 lbs and need to lose more.

Family Status - married, two kids 7 and 2.  Family activities are a priority so I squeeze in training in the wee hours of the morning.

Current training - I maintain everything on the BT logs.  Swim/Run 3 times a week, weight training twice a week, and ride once.  I'm reading TI and have yet to get to the part where I learn about how to change my training routine.  I've also bought some other books but haven't had time to read them.

TY Races - I completed a Sprint in Galveston earlier this month and am signed up for one in Sugar Land at the beginning of June.  I wanted to do about 1 a month, but missed the chance in May.

Weightloss - I should be 20lbs lighter, but my diet needs improvement.

What I'm looking for out of the group - I need motivation and training tips.  I've had a terrible week and I know that chatting with like-minded folks helps me focus my goals.  What I need to learn about training is huge, so I'm hoping to keep going on that path.

2011-04-30 6:19 AM
in reply to: #3474535

User image

Master
Dallas
mikjamlec - 2011-04-30 6:11 AM

Ernesto, if there is still room I would like to join the group, too.

I need the motivation a group provides, especially if I'm going to attain my goals.

Name - Mike

Story - I started doing Sprints last year and got hooked.  Lost 30 lbs and need to lose more.

Family Status - married, two kids 7 and 2.  Family activities are a priority so I squeeze in training in the wee hours of the morning.

Current training - I maintain everything on the BT logs.  Swim/Run 3 times a week, weight training twice a week, and ride once.  I'm reading TI and have yet to get to the part where I learn about how to change my training routine.  I've also bought some other books but haven't had time to read them.

TY Races - I completed a Sprint in Galveston earlier this month and am signed up for one in Sugar Land at the beginning of June.  I wanted to do about 1 a month, but missed the chance in May.

Weightloss - I should be 20lbs lighter, but my diet needs improvement.

What I'm looking for out of the group - I need motivation and training tips.  I've had a terrible week and I know that chatting with like-minded folks helps me focus my goals.  What I need to learn about training is huge, so I'm hoping to keep going on that path.

Mike, you're welcome to join. I guess most people suffers the time issues, so training has to be made worthy and prepared. Ask your questions Mike...
2011-04-30 7:21 AM
in reply to: #3464368

I would be interested in your mentoring. I will be a spectator at ironman texas, watching my boyfriend.

I am a beginner triathelete, and need a lot of confidence, and I also am not a runner.  I need to figure out how to build a prgram for me with a long slow build as I am older (50) and just starting to try to go from regular exerciser to athlete. It is very different, i always thought I was fit until I joined the Y-tri club at my ymca. They are way out of my league , I cannot keep up with them, I need a program to start now, so that I can do a triathlon next year, not in 3-4 months. I need the extra time to build cardio fitness and endurance, and confidence. Competing is new to me.

Katherine

2011-04-30 8:06 AM
in reply to: #3465647

User image

Subject: RE: Mentor Program
Yed PR for Puerto Rico My name, Grisel, I friend of mine did the 70.3 he had a blast. Do you think 6 weeks will be enough to get ready?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ernesto's group - CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 84