BT Development Mentor Program Archives » ADollar79's Group--closed and in the base building phase! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 31

2007-12-11 5:42 PM
in reply to: #1095984

User image

Champion
Nashville, TN
Subject: RE: ADollar79's Group--closed

tri-dg - 2007-12-11 5:36 PM 4. Complete the following statement: "I would be a better triathlete (athlete) if _______" i were smaller. Im 6'2 220 currentley and 200 last season. I know im never going to be 1st overall in anything but clidesdale so i might as well go for staying above 200lbs.

Drew--

This all depends on what YOU want to do with your body.  I understand your love for weight lifting and you are well aware of the discussions that are going on ad nausem in the forums.  I don't take a position on the argument outside do what you enjoy and what makes you happy.  Prioritize based on what you want to do. 

What I do want to add is that I have a friend who has transformed his body over the past two years from a thick body building clydesdale to a Kona qualifier.  He had that same drive.  He understood how to turn his ripped physique and power into a speed machine.  Last year he raced and won most clyde divisions.  This year, he nearly finished his transformation (down from about 225 to 185) and finished sub-10 at Ironman Coeur d'Alene and finished just over 10 hours at Kona.  You would never know from meeting him that he could throw down a sub 3 marathon.  He is currently the top ranked age grouper in the southeast for 30-34 men.  I only wish he were on BT. 

If you would have told me that he was a triathlete two years ago, I would have laughed.  He didn't have the long, lean look.  Well I didn't laugh when he lapped me at Ironman and got to race with the best on the Big Island.  All this goes to show that you should never discredit yourself.  Granted, this may not be your current goal, but I think he would tell you, he never thought he would race in Kona when he got into this sport. 

2007-12-11 6:15 PM
in reply to: #1093690

User image

Champion
Nashville, TN

I guess I can answer these too....

1.  What do you want from this mentoring group?

• I simple look forward to helping newcomers learn more about the sport and watching each of your progress toward your goals. 

2.  What do you believe is your ONE largest obstacle in the coming season and how do you plan on overcoming it?

• I feel that I am making a large leap in the tri world by taking on two HUGE races.  My biggest concern is staying injury free.  I really need to learn to listen to my body more and not be so stubborn.  If the body says rest...do it.

3.  What motivates you?  How do you motivate yourself on those bad days?  How can I help motivate you more? 

• During Ironman training, I bookmarked all the great youtube videos of Ironmans.  Many times I would watch those.   I would also read other people's race reports for added motivation.  I had constant reminders all over my apartment and at work that kept me mentally engaged. 

4.  Complete the following statement: "I would be a better triathlete (athlete) if _______"

• I would learn to train with more intensity.  I suffer from the comfort zone training problem.  I can stick in heartrate z2 for hours without being labored.  I need to learn to step it up and push myself more from an intensity rather than a distance perspective. 
2007-12-11 6:42 PM
in reply to: #1089582

User image

Expert
work, road, bike, pool
i used to be 187-190 when I played baseball in 2005 and have bulked up every winter and cut down in the summer. in the summer im around 200 and still lifting 5 days and doing cardio 5-7 days. I am sure that these will change with time. I plan on doing a HIM in 2009 and IM in 2010 or 11. I know to reach my goal i will have to change my body.

Right now i lift heavy on all my lifts. and will do so untill feb - except legs started today with endurance workout. in the summer i use light weight and low reps. using the Time Under Tention work out.

1st set 15 reps 1 sec up 1 sec down
2nd set 12 reps 2 sec up 2 sec down
3rd set 9 reps 3 sec up 3 sec down
4th set 6 reps 4 sec up 4 sec down.

I work out of my house and live less then a mile from 24 hour fitness. So as for now my time to work out is very open.
2007-12-11 7:21 PM

User image

Expert
Atlanta, GA
Wow, this is all great info so far and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

To answer your questions A -

1. What do you want from this mentoring group? I'm looking for a group to bounce questions off of. I want to cheer my fellow triathletes on! I'm looking for schedule advice, as I think I'm going to forego a coach next year (and will look at getting one when I train for a HIM). I'm just getting into biking and swimming, so advice in those two areas is also welcome. I want to have a group to be accountable to, so that I push myself just a little harder.

2. What do you believe is your ONE largest obstacle in the coming season and how do you plan on overcoming it? My lack of experience swimming and cycling. I want to have a schedule that I feel is workable and that I enjoy, because for the most part, it's not actually doing it, it's just figuring out how to fit it in so that it is doable (and enjoyable). Now that I have learned how to swim, it's just time in the pool. I'm getting a road bike soon, so it will just be lots of time in the saddle and getting comfortable with things.

3. What motivates you? How do you motivate yourself on those bad days? How can I help motivate you more? Success motivates me, accomplishing my goals. I try to set small goals along the way to help me see progress. Feeling good about myself after a great workout is super motivating. Watching old episodes of TiVo'd Ironman coverage and video on YouTube. I get chills every time! Sometimes I'm afraid to go to group rides because I don't feel like I'm fast enough. I think getting to a point where I feel like I can keep up would really motivate me.

4. Complete the following statement: "I would be a better triathlete (athlete) if _______".
I applied myself. I know what I need to do in order to drop weight, I just have to do it. I need to pick up some training nutrition advice, but otherwise, I know what I should be eating. Workout wise, I have all the tools I need, I just need to put the time in now.

Edited by atlrunnergirl 2007-12-11 7:24 PM
2007-12-11 7:55 PM

User image

Expert
Atlanta, GA
Just spent 2 hours at my LBS (and tri-club sponsor) getting a comprehensive fit done on a sizing bike. It was really really helpful to me and I feel like I'm doing a lot of the right things already. We zoned in on a fit that feels really good and comfortable and is actually a little more aggressive than I thought it would be.

I am just about ready to order my bike! I'm going with a Cannondale Synapse - just need to decide on component levels. Do you guys have any advice?

Cannondale Synapse Feminine 3 (compact)
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cusa/model-8RWC3C.html

All carbon with Ultegra components and upgraded tires

Cannondale Synapse Feminine 5 (compact)
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cusa/model-8RWC5C.html

All carbon with 105 components

So really, the only difference is the component level and the tires. We've worked out something special, so the difference in pricing is maybe $600 or so. I've already got the pedals, shoes, saddle, trainer. So I really only need the bike and a computer. I want an extra wheel and trainer tire, but that shouldn't be too bad cost-wise, maybe $150.

Component-wise, I'm not sure that I really need the Ultegra. I could stand to lose a few pounds before I'm concerned with weight of components.

Edited by atlrunnergirl 2007-12-11 7:59 PM
2007-12-11 8:10 PM
in reply to: #1092578

User image

Expert
Atlanta, GA
Subject: RE: ADollar79's Group--open
ADollar79 - 2007-12-10 11:51 AM

atlrunnergirl - 2007-12-10 10:42 AM Andrew - I know that most coaches have several levels - i.e. they can build a plan for you to follow based on your schedule and then it can go all the way up to working with them on a weekly basis. I'm trying to decide if pulling a plan from BT or a book (I have Gale Bernhardt's Training Plans for Multisport Athletes) will be sufficient for a season of sprints and a few olympics (plus marathon training) or if I need to get someone to help put together a plan specifically for me.

Great question. (I just shamelessly spent the past two hours at work putting together my Ironman Florida training plan..and I am still NOT done)

First things first...IMO, a training plan is the way to go. And there is more to a training plan than just run 3x a week, swim 2x a week. A well-crafted training plan structures your workouts so that your body slowly builds endurance, adds strength and speed but also allows your body time to actively recover. It prevents overtraining which is a HUGE limiting factor in this sport. I can't even articulate what it feels like when you are on a long (16-20 week) training plan and you hit that peak phase and you ARE peaking. It is like your just take off in your workouts. A well designed plan does this for you.

As to your issue, there is no doubt in my mind that a coach is the BEST way to go. A personal coach can develop a training plan specifically for YOU and around YOUR season! However, that comes at a cost (figuratively and literaly). There are a number of good books out there that teach you how to put together a solid plan (Bernhardt & Friel are both great). Also there are free plans out there (BT is great for this). So is it worth hiring a coach to structure a season for you? That is the $64,000 question.

Have you identified which race(s) you want to be your "A" race(s). To me this is the first step in developing a plan. Jorge (amiine on BT) just wrote a blog about this topic. http://jorgepbmcoaching.blogspot.com/2007/12/planning-your-next-season.html

Your season should revolve around those races for which you want to do the best. The second thing I do is find a plan that seems to fit my schedule. (again, I am an advocate of the BT plans). I like to spend time plotting the weeks onto a calendar to see where certain training weeks fall (i.e. weddings, vacations, other races) to see if that plan is good for me. If it isn't a good fit the get rid of it. I am also notorious for moving workouts around to fit my personal life. That's fine so long as you don't miss workouts....especially your long ones.

Looking at your goals for the season, I think you would be well served by an Oly plan. One of the decisions you need to make is do you want St. Anthony's, West Point or Chattanooga to be your "A" race. Will you be recovered from ING in time to peak at St A's???? Would you prefer to peak in the middel of the season? Clearly you will have the running base for the season. It is just playing catch up with the rest of the disciplines.

This was really helpful, thank you! I'm thinking that the upcoming season will be a good year to practice putting a training schedule together (with some help from a few people). And then, depending on how things go, look at a coach for HIM. Especially since I need to work on sticking to a plan first, before I commit to that next level.

I don't have any expectations race-wise for the year, since I want to really work on swim/bike training. Getting more race experience is a plus. I may end up making Chattanooga as my 'A' oly race. MCM will be my 'A' marathon and I'll have a few months between the two. That would give me St. Anthony's as a practice race, and won't put so much pressure on things since it's just a month after ING Georgia.

2007-12-11 8:36 PM

User image

Expert
work, road, bike, pool
i dont know any thing about componets or bikes My friend is on the junior national team in Colorado and he helped me pick mine out... Its a treck 1500 60cm with shamino 105 ... i dont know what that means.

cycle ops fluid trainer
Ironman aero bars
light action clips
specilized shoes
2007-12-11 10:40 PM
in reply to: #1096414

User image

Champion
Urbandale, IA
atlrunnergirl - 2007-12-11 7:55 PM

Just spent 2 hours at my LBS (and tri-club sponsor) getting a comprehensive fit done on a sizing bike. It was really really helpful to me and I feel like I'm doing a lot of the right things already. We zoned in on a fit that feels really good and comfortable and is actually a little more aggressive than I thought it would be.

I am just about ready to order my bike! I'm going with a Cannondale Synapse - just need to decide on component levels. Do you guys have any advice?

Cannondale Synapse Feminine 3 (compact)
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cusa/model-8RWC3C.html

All carbon with Ultegra components and upgraded tires

Cannondale Synapse Feminine 5 (compact)
http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cusa/model-8RWC5C.html

All carbon with 105 components

So really, the only difference is the component level and the tires. We've worked out something special, so the difference in pricing is maybe $600 or so. I've already got the pedals, shoes, saddle, trainer. So I really only need the bike and a computer. I want an extra wheel and trainer tire, but that shouldn't be too bad cost-wise, maybe $150.

Component-wise, I'm not sure that I really need the Ultegra. I could stand to lose a few pounds before I'm concerned with weight of components.

I'll give my opinon - as long as we realize that it is just that - an opinion and I am in no way an expert.
I think the weight difference on the two is about 1/2 lb, so that is about 8 oz. It's not a lot - but I am guessing it is about 2.5% more with the 105's. The second issue is durability, mostly about how the parts will stand up to pressure. I don't know anything about your regular size, but if a Clyde or Athena was asking, I would say get the Ultegra as the extra weight will wear down the parts. The last real difference to me is value, and that basically means the resale. It will be a lot easier to sell a bike with Ultegra Components than 105's if you choose to upgrade in a few years. Is it worth the extra cost? I am not sure what kind of tires (and I assume this is wheels to) you are talking about, but the upgrade in components should range in the $150 to $200 area. It would be a lot more to upgrade just the components later (I hate that part about bike components). Personally, I would get the Ultegra - for the above reasons and because I think the Synapse 3 is a sharper looking bike than the Synapse 5.
2007-12-12 6:35 AM

User image

Champion
Nashville, TN

Here is a brief run down on Shimano components (I don't know Campy or SRAM as well....yet). 

Dura-Ace (DA)
Ultegra
Tiagra
Sora

The rule of thumb that I hear is that you want at least 105 (not to say that your bike is in trouble if you have Tiagra or Sora).  There appears to be a bit of a distinction at that point. 

My experience:  My road bike has 105 components all over.  My tri-bike has full Dura-Ace (minus brakes).  Is there a difference?  Yes.  Is it worth $1200?  Yes, for the level of tri bike I have.  I still ride my road bike without any problem.   I am currently shopping around for a new bike and will likely build it with Ultegra and some Dura Ace to save money. 

I will admit that things like components and the general language of bikes is one of the most intimidating aspects for beginners.  Please don't be afraid to ask simple questions!!!

--------------

BT did a pretty decent article on this a while back and it is worth a read to familiarize yourself with the differences. 

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=1017

Summary:  The higher the component the lighter the weight and more durable product you get.  Is it worth the extra cost?  No one can answer that. 

Here is another article recently released by Tom Demerly at BikeSport Michigan.  He compares Ultegra and Dura Ace.  His conclusion is that either can win a race.  If you have the money, spend it on the better component.  If not, you probably won't know the difference. 

https://www.bikesportmichigan.com/features/dura-ace-ultegra.shtml

----------------------

Regarding the bike buying decision--you really can't go wrong with either.  And props for you going to your LBS (where are you buying from?)and getting fitted and understand the process of purchasing a bike.  It is burdensome at times but will serve you well in the long run. 

I would say that if you have the money, make the upgrade.  The Ultegra will be a bit smoother and more durable...as will the wheels (Mavics are good)  However, if you have other needs that you think will serve you better, save the money and put them toward that (trainer, tri club, gear). 

At this point, go with your gut...

2007-12-12 1:33 PM

User image

Expert
work, road, bike, pool
how do we go about adding each other as friends on here?

a few more get to know each other questions

1. how many triathlons (or other events) have you done? and distances?
2. sports background if any...
3. favorite non-endurance sport
4. everyday breakfast vs triathlon day breakfast
2007-12-12 1:59 PM
in reply to: #1097862

User image

Extreme Veteran
Incline Village, NV

tri-dg - 2007-12-12 11:33 AM how do we go about adding each other as friends on here?

If you're on your Training Log page, under the Quick Links, click the Control Panel (the first one that looks like a window and a gear).  Click on the Friends tab and you can add everyone's name.

• A bunch of sprints
  • A couple trail runs
  • Some 5Ks
  • A half mary

• Skiing my whole life
  • Rec swimming through HS

SKIING

Everyday breakfast is usually oatmeal, sometimes I substitute candy if it's one of those days, which is pretty popular lately.  On a race day, it's usually a Powerbar about an hour and a half before race start.  I'll need to re-evaluate as I start doing some longer distances.

Edited by pipscweek 2007-12-12 2:04 PM

2007-12-12 2:49 PM

User image

Champion
Urbandale, IA

I did the Marine Corps Marathon in 1986 (I was 19 and a Marine stationed at Ft Belvior, VA for a school)
I was a 4 sporter in High School - Football, Basketball, Golf and Baseball. Joined the Marine Corps straight out of High School in order to work into the Naval Academy. While I was a Marine I participated in Battalion Football and the All-Marine Baseball team. When I was retired from the Corps I got scouted by The Kansas City Royals and went to Deleware to play on their rookie team - don't quite know what they were thinking - lasted a few months, of which I mostly caught bullpen and then went to college.
Right now, probably volleyball.
4. everyday breakfast vs triathlon day breakfast.
Not quite sure - I am hoping that $1.79 helps me with that. I haven't run one yet. My regular breakfast is a piece of fruit, eggs beaters, Tomato Juice or Orange Juice, and a piece of bread or english muffin.

BTW - when you ask these questions, you have to answer them too.
2007-12-12 2:49 PM

User image

Elite
Renton, Washington

7 Sprints

2 trail runs

3 5K's

1 10K

Gymnastics all through my entire school time. Gave up about 3 years before leaving high school. Felt too old.  Swimming in general, no swim team or anything, pity. Hockey and trampolining in school!

Hmm. I'm not sure if I have one.

Depends. It's mostly toast and tea, piece of fruit.  

2007-12-12 3:07 PM

User image

Champion
Nashville, TN

5ks: Endless
Nude 5ks: 0  (Yes, there are such things and hope to get one this year!)
10ks: 3
Half Marathons: 1
Marathons: 0
Short course duathlons: 1
Long course duathlons: 1
Sprint Triathlons: 4
Olympic Triathlons: 1
Half Ironman: 2
Ironman: 1

• I played football, baseball, track and cross country throughout high school.  In college I was deeply immersed in intramurals.   

• dating?  Ha!   I would love to pick up golf and rock climbing in my spare fan. 

• My normal breakfast consists of a small bowl of kashi cereal with skim milk along with a banana (if i have one).  I will also eat around 10 am.  That verys from a small granola bar to and apple, occasional some protein mix. 
  • My race day nutrition is the same each time.  I have a whole wheat bagel with peanut butter and a banana.  One the way to the event I will sip on half an energy drink. 

The key with race day nutrition is to eat what you know works.  For instance, I know that I won't have GI (gastroenterology issues) if I eat that.  That being said, nutrition both pre and during the race is HIGHLY personal.  What works for me, might not work for you.   This is where practicing your nutrition is crucial (it is often the difference in longer races).

I will spend some time tonight pulling together some nutrition information and see what I can post. 

2007-12-12 3:30 PM
in reply to: #1098092

User image

Extreme Veteran
Incline Village, NV
ADollar79 - 2007-12-12 1:07 PM

Nude 5ks: 0  (Yes, there are such things and hope to get one this year!)

As the saying in CoJ goes, pics or it didn't happen...

2007-12-12 3:35 PM

User image

Elite
Renton, Washington
My pre race problem is that I am just don't want to eat anything as my stomach churns etc. I don't know how to get past that.

2007-12-12 7:39 PM

User image

Expert
Atlanta, GA
Yah, I think I'll probably go Ultegra if I can get the deal I'm hoping for, otherwise, I'll still settle in and be happy with the 105. The bike shop guy is fantastic - I would highly highly highly recommend Bicycle Link. They are sponsoring our club, but they are also incredibly helpful, patient, and willing to spend the time it takes with you to feel comfortable. I really enjoyed my bike fit, and it's nice to know that I'm building a relationship with a shop. So right now I'm waiting to see if I can get the Synapse 5 in pink and black

To answer Drew's questions -

1. how many triathlons (or other events) have you done? and distances? I've done 3 sprint distances, one had a longer bike of 18 miles compared to the other two at 12. I've done 3 marathons, 7? half marathons, several 5 and10K races as well.
2. sports background if any...nada!
3. favorite non-endurance sport - I really enjoy spinning and aerobics classes, otherwise, I'm not really interested in sports. I do love to watch college football
4. everyday breakfast vs triathlon day breakfast - veggie sausage and a carb, oatmeal, bagel and pb. Race morning is not yet figured out!

Edited by atlrunnergirl 2007-12-12 7:40 PM
2007-12-12 8:57 PM

User image

Expert
work, road, bike, pool
I got busy today and forgot to post my responce to my own question.... wopse

3 sprints

2. sports background if any. played every sport growing up and stuck with just baseball since 7th grade. played at 3 different nationaly ranked schools and one year simi-pro. now tri's, golf, beach vb, tennis, hiking, camping, boating... you name it and its out side ive probley tried it.

3. favorite non-endurance sport - Baseball

7egg whites and 2 whole eggs and a cup of oatmeal sometimes make breakfast buritios with jalapino wraps and a whole green pepper and salsa

for my 3 tris i had the 9egg and cup of oatmeal. then a protine bar right before the race.

ill be interested in learning about the nutrition for the longer races. ill be doing 3 olys this year
2007-12-12 9:22 PM

User image

Expert
work, road, bike, pool
alright so i have added all of us... i know it allows us to view blogs and stuff... but what else can we do with this?
2007-12-12 10:42 PM
in reply to: #1098875

User image

Extreme Veteran
Incline Village, NV

tri-dg - 2007-12-12 7:22 PM alright so i have added all of us... i know it allows us to view blogs and stuff... but what else can we do with this?

If you click "Inspire Me" you can check in, leave words of encouragement, general banter, etc.

2007-12-12 11:05 PM

User image

Expert
work, road, bike, pool
kendra/pipsweek - left me a inspire me... "Home improvement? Hmm, that doesn't sound like fun."

home improvment.... yeah .... i bought a house last august and have been doing things here and htere... this winter i decided not to lay on the couch like last winter and do somethign about it. so over the last 2 months i painted the out side of the hosue and now i am finishing the half finished basement.... im scraping concrete floor to paint it. and I talked to my neighbor yesterday and he told me that he could spray with a profesional paint sprayer the ceeling for me in about an hour... for free... then all i have to do is paint the walls and floor and steps... lots of fun . but at least ill have anouther living room to go to when my roomate watches UFC in our main one. HOME OWNER SHIP IS OVER RATED at 23/24. i should have milked my parents for a little while longer... haha

2007-12-12 11:14 PM
in reply to: #1099178

User image

Extreme Veteran
Incline Village, NV

tri-dg - 2007-12-12 9:05 PM kendra/pipsweek - left me a inspire me... "Home improvement? Hmm, that doesn't sound like fun." home improvment.... yeah .... i bought a house last august and have been doing things here and htere... this winter i decided not to lay on the couch like last winter and do somethign about it. so over the last 2 months i painted the out side of the hosue and now i am finishing the half finished basement.... im scraping concrete floor to paint it. and I talked to my neighbor yesterday and he told me that he could spray with a profesional paint sprayer the ceeling for me in about an hour... for free... then all i have to do is paint the walls and floor and steps... lots of fun . but at least ill have anouther living room to go to when my roomate watches UFC in our main one. HOME OWNER SHIP IS OVER RATED at 23/24. i should have milked my parents for a little while longer... haha

Why can't your neighor paint the walls while he's painting the ceiling? 

I'm in the other boat...I'm 28, still paying rent, and am so picky I can't find a place to buy.

2007-12-12 11:22 PM
in reply to: #1092614

User image

Master
Alpharetta, GA
ADollar79 - 2007-12-10 1:03 PM
pipscweek - 2007-12-10 11:46 AM

Hi!  I did the Mentor program last January, was wondering if I could still do this one? 

Last year I put in two sprints, a 5K trail run, and a 1/2 marathon.  I'm still deciding if I like tri's, I love all the sports individually, but not sure I like doing all three at once.  I definitely want to step up the distances this year.  I'm gearing up for a marathon (eek!), at least one Oly, a couple of sprints, and a hike around Lake Tahoe for this season.

Your expertise interest me because of your running background and sadly, because of your knee surgery.  I had an ACL reconstruction in '04 and I'm still dealing with pain from that.  And from everything my surgeon and PT tells me, it may never go away.

Look forward to joining you!

Thanks! ~Kendra

My expertise?  That cracks me up!!! And I bet those who know me are on the floor laughing even more. 

Hi Andrew...Lurker Lou here...re: the above comment, yes, your "expertise" cracks everybody up...and the statement below (from the post above the one referencing your expertise) really captures the essence of who you are...  seriously, looks like you've got a great group...I'm thinking about joining you, Jonathan, and Mila in the mentor ranks (if Ron will have me...)  take care of your peeps!

but I would prefer to keep this a bit more intimate so that we can casually discuss things

2007-12-13 6:27 AM
in reply to: #1099209

User image

Champion
Nashville, TN
LHablas - 2007-12-13 12:22 AM
ADollar79 - 2007-12-10 1:03 PM
pipscweek - 2007-12-10 11:46 AM

Hi!  I did the Mentor program last January, was wondering if I could still do this one? 

Last year I put in two sprints, a 5K trail run, and a 1/2 marathon.  I'm still deciding if I like tri's, I love all the sports individually, but not sure I like doing all three at once.  I definitely want to step up the distances this year.  I'm gearing up for a marathon (eek!), at least one Oly, a couple of sprints, and a hike around Lake Tahoe for this season.

Your expertise interest me because of your running background and sadly, because of your knee surgery.  I had an ACL reconstruction in '04 and I'm still dealing with pain from that.  And from everything my surgeon and PT tells me, it may never go away.

Look forward to joining you!

Thanks! ~Kendra

My expertise?  That cracks me up!!! And I bet those who know me are on the floor laughing even more. 

Hi Andrew...Lurker Lou here...re: the above comment, yes, your "expertise" cracks everybody up...and the statement below (from the post above the one referencing your expertise) really captures the essence of who you are...  seriously, looks like you've got a great group...I'm thinking about joining you, Jonathan, and Mila in the mentor ranks (if Ron will have me...)  take care of your peeps!

but I would prefer to keep this a bit more intimate so that we can casually discuss things

LAR!!!  Or Lou.  You are welcome as a lurker (because you are kinda creepy like that, lol).  Feel free to chime in from time to time too.  Goodness knows that if Ron gives YOU and Jonathan a forum then we are all in trouble!  

***and I am full of self-proclaimed expertise on topics!***

(for my group...Lou is a friend from ATL who likes to ride my wheel because he is SLOW). 

2007-12-13 8:48 AM

User image

Champion
Nashville, TN

Nutrition....

http://www.e-caps.com/downloads/fuelinghandbook.pdf

This is one of my favorite reads and one that I review every few months.  I will admit that its a bit long 70 pages.  I do recommend printing it out somewhere and putting it in a folder.  Some chapters are more applicable than others. 

As a brief caveat, it is supplied by Hammer Nutrition and it does subliminally promote their products.   In life I am typically skeptical of research the promotes one's own products as I often question the validity of the data.  However, Hammer is one of the leading sponsors and largest nutritional suppliers in the tri world.  They do have a leg up on the competition and seem to be on the forefront of research. 

If you have time, take a look at a few chapters.  And we can discuss from there.... 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » ADollar79's Group--closed and in the base building phase! Rss Feed  

of 31