BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ridgelake's Group - Filled up with Fantastic Folks! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 19

2007-12-28 10:10 AM
in reply to: #1098972

User image

Master
Rochester, NY
Subject: RE: Ridgelake's Group - Filled Up with Awesome Folks!
BTW, everyone should stop by and wish JoAnn a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

2007-12-28 10:31 AM
in reply to: #1119975

What is it that you want to get out of doing triathlons?

In my professional career, I work as a software architect and development manager producing software products. This is very stressful work, and generally goes in quarterly cycles of going from very busy to insanely busy. In the past I have let my exercising slip during the most busy times, and as a result my weight and health have suffered. I am now at a point in my life where I know I must put my health as a top priority or I may not have much life left.

I am a very goal oriented analytical person, and by having specific goals it is much easier for me to maintain my training. As I mentioned I have wanted to do a triathalon for many years, but have yet to put a successful plan in place to make it happen.

My ultimate goal right now is to do an Ironman when I turn 40 ... in 3 years. I am hoping to progress up 2 triathalon levels each year between now and then.
2007-12-28 11:24 AM

User image

Regular
I noticed that we have a Gold, a Silver and a Bronze member in this group. I have not upgraded and was interested in your feedback as to the value of these upgrades.
2007-12-28 12:10 PM
in reply to: #1120420

Subject: Silver level membership
I signed up to the silver level for the training programs. I am currently doing the 12 week Sprint level program. (Actually, I have been doing about half of the program for the month of December, but plan to try to increase to the plan level this month). I have found the program very helpful, the daily training tasks are useful.
2007-12-28 1:59 PM
in reply to: #1120420

User image

Master
Rochester, NY

catjammies - 2007-12-28 12:24 PM I noticed that we have a Gold, a Silver and a Bronze member in this group. I have not upgraded and was interested in your feedback as to the value of these upgrades.

Each level has certain benefits to it.  Here's a link that describes this:  http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=58

I personally have gone Bronze to access all the articles as well as some additional log features.  There's a LOT of good information in the article archives.

I know Silver is popular for the increased training plans.  (I personally havent used a training plan because of scheduling issues and the need to be flexible due to injury). 

Gold is a very, very attractive option if you're looking for some coaching.  I've thought about that to use as a sounding board for some training ideas.  Much more economical than hiring an actual coach.  (I have worked some with a coach and find it beneficial.)

2007-12-28 2:18 PM

User image

Master
Rochester, NY

Some thoughts about diet.

From a big picture perspective:  What have we, as a species, been eating as we evolved very successfully?  Fruits, vegetables, nuts, lean meats, fish, grains?  French fries, donuts, M&Ms, and snicker bars (my past personal favorite list)? 

Humans have developed surviving and flourishing on items from the first list.  There is a darn good bet that our systems are designed for these foods. 

In contrast, how long have items from the second list been around?  Are our systems capable of handling these foods?  Yes.  Are our systems functioning optimally on these?  No.

So, from a big picture perspective, I believe that people should eat the things that we've been eating while evolving.  We're designed to thrive with those foods.   Over time, I've transitioned to a diet made up of almost entirely the first list.  And I feel a whole lot better now than I did before.   Previously, I would eat a Wendy's Chicken sandwich for lunch with french fries.  And sure enough, mid-afternoon, I would crash, being dead tired.  Once I started eating whole grains, lean meats, fruits and nuts for lunch, I don't have afternoon crashes.

So this is my first general thought on diet.  I'll add some more thoughts later about my personal experience with transitioning from my past diet to one that is a lot cleaner.

2007-12-28 5:26 PM

User image

What do I want to get out of doing triathlons?

For most of my adult life, I went to work for fun. I could be with big people, not wipe anyones nose and speak in full sentences. Now that "the boys" can all wipe thier own stuff, I wanted to work to support a habit I enjoy. I have been contemplating what I could do for years that would get me healthy and be fun since I have never in my life used the words fun and exercise in the same sentence. Then I went to Ironman and saw and heard athletes talk of a sport that takes passion and intelect and mental fortitude. Being....lets just say not 20 years old any more, being in a super competetive or team sport just did not seem appealing. Triathlons are the perfect sport. Just when you start to get good in one aspect, another obsticle jumps up to keep you humble. If I don't feel like running, I can bike or swim. The personal goals are always there and the baddest competion is myself. Being an "A" personality (which I have found is a pre req for endurence sports) keeps me driven to always improve.

My personal goals are not to hurt myself too badly and improve my speed on land and sea. I am SLOW. I can go all day, but I am afraid to tackle the longer distances. Do they leave a volunteer to mop up after the last person????

I still ROCK!! Just slowly.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Spokane Jo from Hayden Teresa!!!!

Edited by teresa 2007-12-28 5:33 PM
2007-12-28 7:01 PM

User image

Regular
Spokane, Washington
What is it that you want to get out of doing triathlons?

I want to model a healthy, active lifestyle for my four-year-old little girl. I want to be able to do activities together now and as she gets older; I want health and fitness to be a NORMAL part of our family life. I had my kid in my early 40's, which makes me a relatively old mom for a pre-schooler, so I want to be active through my 40's, 50's and beyond while she's growing up.

I used to be a soccer player and runner when I was younger, but in my 30's I lost time/interest for sports and didn't do much other than a lot of walking. It has been fun, yet somewhat discouraging to try to get back into shape because I've discovered problems I'd never had before (arthritic knees, misc. aches and pains, slower recovery time).

I like the training/lifestyle aspect of triathlon - it's not just an "event" but a way of life. I am also inspired by the stories of other people who overcome obstacles or change their lives. Whenever I get discouraged or want to wimp out, I put in the Ironman Hawaii video and watch the blind guy, or the elderly nun, or the amputees go way farther then I ever plan to go; then a 30 minute walk/run doesn't seem so bad. The stories and struggles from people in this group also inspire me to keep going.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I've had a great day!

Boulder Joke for David: The Colorado government had to recall all the recently released state quarters that were designed by the eggheads in Boulder. It seems the duct tape that held the two dimes and nickel together kept getting stuck in the parking meters.

(I R a CU graduat miself! - 1984, English/Ed)

Joann

2007-12-30 9:23 PM

User image

Master
Rochester, NY

Ok, now we have a better idea of what we all want to get out of triathlons.  Next question:

What do you hope to get out of being part of this group?

2008-01-01 8:17 PM

User image

Master
Rochester, NY

Some more thoughts about diet.

Changing diet is TOUGH.  You're used to doing things a certain way.  You like the way some things taste.  You're in your routine. 

I found that I could make gradual changes over time and be successful.  Take my morning coffee as a good example.  Instand of 4 sugars, I cut back to 2.  I did that for a couple of weeks to a couple of months.  Then I switched to Splenda.  After I got used to that, I cut back to 1 Splenda.  Thats what I do now.  ! Splenda.  Much fewer calories than 4 sugars.

Another big change was my afternoon snack.  I used to hit the candy jar for a little "pick-me up".  Now, I'll either eat some fruit, or munch on some home-made trail mix of various nuts and dried fruits.  The fruits really helped with my sugar cravings.   

There are so many little changes that can be made over time.  Each one is barely material.   But the cumulative effect of these changes, day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, make a BIG difference.  100 calories per day difference equates to 10 pounds for a year.  Who can't cut 100 calories a day? 

IN addition to the above thoughts, another by Joe Friel, a well-renown triathlon coach reallly hit the mark with me.  Paraphrasing, but it was basically, "Your muscles replace all of the tissue every 6 months.  Do you want your muscles made of fruits, vegetables, lean meats, fish and nuts or potato chips and soda pop?"

These are the thoughts that helped me transform my diet.  My typical diet today is something like this.  Breakfast - a bowl of whole grain cereal and 1% milk.  Mid-morning snack - banana and trail mix.  Lunch - chicken breast sandwich on whole wheat bread.  Afternoon snack - apple and trail mix.  Dinner - fish, vegetable medley cooked in olive oil, and a baked potato.  A couple of beers.

I found that, over time, my sweets cravings went away.  I actually have a hard time eating sweets now.  They are too rich for comfort. 

The keys were being patient.  Not making dramatic changes that are tough to implement.  Gradual changes over time are much more likely to stick around. 

But if you think about it.  How many years do we have left here on earth?  All of us hopefully will have 40 or more.  We have time to be patient.  It will pay off in the long run.

2008-01-02 7:40 AM
in reply to: #1126804

Subject: Nutrition discussions...
Thanks for the comments on diet. I actually already subscribe to the exact same thinking as you do with regards to natural foods, etc. I buy almost exclusively fresh fruit and produce, and try to even get organic meats (without antibiotics, hormones, etc.).

Eating healthily that way is not my problem (although I have been guilty of falling into what I call lazy eating phases (pizza/fast food) several times, particularly during heavy development phases with my work (when we typically bring these foods in when the developers are working long hours). I have sort of cleansed my body of all processed foods/sugars/ etc for the past year or so, and now I feel awful if I eat fast food or anything sugary.

My main challenge nutritionally right now is maintaining a high enough caloric intake to train properly, but I also would like to lose an additional ~15 pounds of weight. I have been trying to make sure I take in sufficient numbers an hour or so before my training sessions, but still feel like I am running out of energy during the sessions a lot of the time. Do you do anything special to keep your energy levels up during your training sessions? What do you do with respect to increasing/ regulating your calories/ diet during more intensive training periods vs 'off seasons'? Do you count your calories / carbs/ etc. ? Any thoughts around this area?

2008-01-02 7:49 AM
in reply to: #1123474

Subject: Group membership objectives...
With respect to your question:
"What do you hope to get out of being part of this group?"

One of the things I like about the triathalon challenges is the camaraderie between people involved in the sport. It seems to me like everyone in this group, although different is on the same quest, and I am looking forward to sharing in the groups trials and tribulations on the quest. Hopefully the members remain active, and continue to let the other members share in their experiences (positive or negative).

There is also, always a motivational factor to doing things as a group, although I have never tried something like this via a 'virtual group' before, so for me it is going to be interesting to see how this works out.

Good luck all on your quest.... If any of you, like me fell off your training a bit over the last week, keep in mind there is no time like the new year to get back on this horse! Spring is not far away now, and I am looking forward to going into the first triathalon here in great competing form.
2008-01-02 9:24 AM

User image

Regular
Happy New Year!

I've managed to start out the new year with workouts both days. Pretty sore right now, but it is a good sore, I hope.

3 mile run each day under (barely) 9 min/mile pace. My hip is sore after this morning's run. That's a new one for me.

What have you done thus far?

To answer your question about what I hope to get from this group, just a place for feedback and encouragement. A place to bounce ideas. To vent when training gets hard. To share stories of sucess. To learn from others experience. My background is swimming, so send your swimming questions my way!

Later.
2008-01-02 9:32 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Fort Worth, TX

Ok, I've been a little lazy...Innocent

Answers to the questions:

What do I desire to get out of triathlons? From the time I graduated college in 1995 until the beginning of 2006 I did not set/accomplish many personal goals. Though during that time I had some desire to try a triathlon. Upon completing my first half last month the triathlon desire was reborn and now I have a wonderful wife to encourage me. So, my foremost goal is to continue to roll of accomplishing personal goals. Secondly, to use triathlons as a second base to lose weight. The new friendships are the biggest PLUS!

What do  I hope to get out of being a part of this group? There is some timidness in me about competing in my first triathlon and alot of questions. I look forward to bouncing questions off experienced peers to help with the timidness and to help build my mental base for completing a triathlon.

2008-01-02 11:37 AM
in reply to: #1127649

Lazy? I thought I was doing pretty well until I looked at all of you folks' logs. Great inspiration to crank it up a notch though... keep the pressure on. I thrive under pressure.

I have been having a lot of trouble the last week and a half or so. 5 blizzards in 2 weeks basically makes leaving the apartment very difficult a lot of the time, and most of the clubs close due to weather anyway.

As you suggested, Ridgelake, I am going to get one of those training thingeys for my bike so that I can at least do some training at home those days. Any recommendations, things to look for when purchasing one?
2008-01-02 12:13 PM
in reply to: #1126804

User image

Regular
Spokane, Washington
The comments about diet are perfect timing for me. I am fed up (literally) with my eating habits. I don't have a lot of bad habits (I don't do fast food, junk food, soft drinks) but I do seem to have a sugar/chocolate addiction. Your comments on small steps will help me refocus and try not to do it all in one day. I will gradually replace chocolate with fruits. Thanks for the encouragement.

The holidays have been great for me as far as workouts go, but I've really pigged out on the sweets. I am also trying to bolster my immune system after the tonsil problems of last year, so I know cutting way back on sugar will help.

catjammies, I'll take you up on your swimming advice offer:
I am a rookie swimmer. I did my first and only tri in 2006 and did an awkward breaststroke the whole way -got open-water swim panic, foggy goggles, and was thrilled to just survive. On coming out of the water I vowed NEVER to do another triathlon. But, then by the end of the whole thing, I fell in love with the sport and can't wait to get back into it. I was sick all of last year, so didn't get to do any triathlons, but I did learn how to do the crawl/freestyle from a book (Total Immersion). I think my mechanics are sound, I can breath on both sides, but I'm very SLOW. I usually swim twice a week. I would like to do one distance workout (1000 plus) and one speed workout per week. What would you suggest for speed workouts? Go shorter but faster? Do intervals with rest between? Keep the distance but try to speed up? If anyone else has ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks.

What do you hope to get out of being part of this group?
Well, first of all, you are all kind of really cool imaginary friends. I know you have full, rich lives of your own, but I know you only as TRIATHLETES. You'll never ask to borrow my truck to help you move, come over uninvited, etc. If you get rude, I'll just delete you and I won't even get arrested.

But I know you are not imaginary, and you each have a wealth of knowledge and experience that can help me acheive my goals. I also hope to encouarage you on your journey in this sport we have in common. It's nice to be able to talk to someone about training and nutrition. My family and friends are encouraging and supportive, but don't care much about the specifics.

So, Happy New Year to everyone! Thanks for being a part of the group.

Joann

2008-01-02 1:06 PM

User image

Master
Rochester, NY

A few answers/thoughts:

Brad, regarding your energy during workouts and eating about an hour before workouts.  I'm going to wait to give you a more full answer because there's a lot of aspects about the timing of eating.  Lots of good articles on the subject. 

I will say that I've shared your exact strategy and feelings.  I'm hungry and/or flagging during my workouts so I'll eat an hour before.  The research I've read actually says thats detrimental to performance.  It takes 2-3 hours for food to digest and enter the muscles to be available for fuel to muscles.  After only an hour, the food is still in digestion, thereby drawing blood for digestion and away from working muscles.   Perhaps try working out without eating so soon before.  See what happens.

Scott, regarding your hesitancy regarding triathlons.  We've all been through it.  Its a challenge.  If it weren't everyone would do them. 

You mention that you've got lots of questions.  Ask them.  I suspect you're not the only one with those questions.  Thats part of what this group is for.

Brad, regarding bike trainers, I've got a "fluid" trainer.  These seem to more closely mimic the resistance to the road than the magnetic trainers.  The fluid trainers will get harder and harder as you go faster and faster.  Much like wind resistance outside.  Mag trainers, in contrast, are constant resistance. 

Thats not to say that there isnt value in a Mag trainer.  There is.  You're using specific muscles in specific combinations that are very close to what you'll use in a race. 

Joann, regarding chocolate and diet.  Chocolate and sweets are not evil in and of themselves.  There's actually some research that says chocolate has a number of healthy compounds in it, particularly dark chocolate.  We also need to live and enjoy life.  Many of these foods taste really good and are part of family celebrations. 

The question becomes though, how frequently are these foods being consumed and why are they being consumed?  If these are everyday foods, then the part about the cumulative effect of something really adding up comes into play.  The 100 calories per day for 10 pounds a year deal.   There's nothing wrong with eating these foods on an occasional basis.  We all need to live.  The potential problem is in their frequency.

2008-01-03 9:28 AM
in reply to: #1128450

Thanks for all the great answers Rob.

I am actually glad to see that I am not the only one struggling with that energy/food timing thing. I have read a lot of articles about it, have not seen the one talking about 2-3 hours before, but I think I will give that a shot tomorrow and let you know how that goes....

I did read one that recommended eating an hour before, but to make sure it was easily digestible carbs (fruit juice, gatorade, etc.) So I have tried drinking half a bottle of gatorade 30-60 mins before the workout, and the remainder immediately afterwards, and although I only tried it a couple of times so far, it did seem to help. Could be 'placebo' effect still though. Going to continue to experiment with that one as well.

Anyone else have any thoughts / experiences with this sort of thing?
2008-01-03 9:33 AM
in reply to: #1128279

User image

Regular
SpokaneJo - 2008-01-02 11:13 AM

catjammies, I'll take you up on your swimming advice offer:
I am a rookie swimmer. I did my first and only tri in 2006 and did an awkward breaststroke the whole way -got open-water swim panic, foggy goggles, and was thrilled to just survive. On coming out of the water I vowed NEVER to do another triathlon. But, then by the end of the whole thing, I fell in love with the sport and can't wait to get back into it. I was sick all of last year, so didn't get to do any triathlons, but I did learn how to do the crawl/freestyle from a book (Total Immersion). I think my mechanics are sound, I can breath on both sides, but I'm very SLOW. I usually swim twice a week. I would like to do one distance workout (1000 plus) and one speed workout per week. What would you suggest for speed workouts? Go shorter but faster? Do intervals with rest between? Keep the distance but try to speed up? If anyone else has ideas, I'm all ears. Thanks.

Joann

First, you have to get in the yardage. Drills and intervals and all of the other stuff is great, but you need the muscle memory of just cranking out yardage. Mixing in speed work is also good because it givey you a feel for the water at a faster pace. It gives you a "feel" to strive for even when doing distance at a slower pace.

For me, a big part of improving pace time is the "feel", not the raw mechanics of stroke. When you watch Olympians swim, many of the best have quirks to their stroke that work for them, but you would never find a book or a coach teaching. You have to feel how your body best moves through the water. Visualizing works well for me too. I think when beginners are concentrating too much on mechanics, they can tend to "windmill", not getting maximum efficiency out of your stroke. You are thinking about your hand moving through the water rather than thinking about your hand moving your body through the water. I try to visualize my hand entering the water and "pulling" my body forward (i.e. your hand doesn't move, relative to a fixed point, but rather your body is pushed past it) I'm not sure that makes sense. A fun drill to help visualize this is to actually grab the lane line with your hand and pull your body while holding onto the lane line. Your hand is fixed, but your body is pulled forward.

Distance per stroke (DPS) is what it is all about. You want the maximum propulsion with each stroke. Count the number of strokes it takes you to do a length of the pool at your comfortable pace. Then work to swim that same length of the pool with 2-4 fewer strokes. For me, my normal workout pace gets me 25 yards in 15 strokes in 22-23 seconds, or 1.5 seconds per stroke. If I am working DPS, and can do it in 13, that is 80 less strokes per 1000 and 120 seconds (2 minutes) saved. (Also, at the end of the 1000, I am 80 strokes less tired for the bike!!) A long, smooth, efficient, DPS swim, IMHO, is what you want for a triathlon to save energy for the remaining events.

anyway, my $0.02

cheers!
2008-01-03 1:50 PM

User image

Since I am new to any type of athletic training, I have a ton of questions. It's like learning a new language and much more complicated than just going out for a run a couple of times a week.

I Started 20 week Oly training 1st of December (not logged ) and am on my 1st rest week. I feel I'm starting over. My swimming and running are going backwards ...slower and very frustrating. As far as diet, I am still trying to get a good balance so I don't feel like eating everything in sight after working out. AARGH!!

I was given a HR monitor for Christmas. I love it but am unsure how to best use it. I am finding I am out of range (over) often, but feel like I'm a slacker if I don't give full effort. Can you explain the target HR zone and why it is so important to maintain. What range do I use if I am trying to increase endurance?

The community college in our area offered an endurance swimming class geared specifically for triathletes that I took in the fall. It was like having a personal coach for 16 weeks for $140. It helped alot since I did my 1st try a tri side stroke in a pure panic state. At lest now I can swim with my face in the water.

Happy new year to everyone
2008-01-03 3:06 PM

User image

Master
Rochester, NY

Lots of good questions, Teresa.  Touching on subjects such as post-exercise nutrition and also heart rate training.

I'll post some thoughts on these subjects soon, perhaps tonight when I have more time.

One of the things that I'm finding as a mentor for the first time, is that I've read about a lot of these subjects and have formed some opinions on them.  But, were I in your shoes, I'd want to see underlying links and research behind them.  I can tell that providing that backup is going to be a challenge.  We'll see how it goes.

Quickly though.  In regards to post-exercise nutrition, this is a fairly important eating time.  The 30 to 60 minutes after exercise, the body is VERY receptive to absorbing muscle glycogen and proteins.  Generally, consuming a ratio of 4 carbs to 1 protein is the best recovery macro formula.  Interestingly, chocolate milk has almost this exact ratio.

But as far as being hungry, your body is telling you it wants food.  Give it what it needs.  The key is trying to make good food choices.  I personally don't like being hungry.  I eat probably every 3 hours.  I just make sure its quality foods.  I can eat a lot that way.

HR training and effort level is both very simple and very complex.  Generally speaking, most of our training should be done at less than maximum effort.  It should be done at a level where we can still carry on a conversation. 

The general reasons for this are:

1) At that effort level, the body primarily uses fat as energy not muscle glycogen (Carbs).  The body has a large store of fat energy, but only about 2000 calories worth of glycogen stores.   Training at harder levels where breathing becomes heavy such that talking is hard to do puts the body in a state where it primarily uses glycogen as fuel.  Again, we are limited in our glycogen stores.

2) We are at much lower injury risk when we train at easier paces.  Similarly, training hard puts us in a position where the body must recover.  It takes a couple of days, at least, to recover from hard workouts. 

3) We gain substantial cardio and neurologic benefits of training at least 60% of max effort.   At lower exercision levels, the body is better able to work on efficiency issues.  At higher levels, we're just trying to survive, placing big stress on the body.  Again, this substantially increases injury risk as well as recovery times.

4) Workouts at easier levels allow us to come back the next day and do them again.  Consistency is a much, much, much bigger driver of success in either triathlons or weightloss than a single big workout on an occasional basis.  If one has to take a bunch of time off because of injury, fatigue and/or burnout, a lot of fitness is lost.

I'll freely admit this has been one of the toughest lessons for me to learn.  I know exactly what you're feeling.  I went through the same thing.  You're so eager to get out there and do stuff,  you just want to go and go and go and go.  Faster and longer!  I'm gonna do it!  Its a drug.  I've had to learn the hard way (injury) that going hard all the time is not the way to go.  But it turns out that the science is behind easier workouts as well.  I'll try to find links to prove this point.  Its a critical one for success in weightloss and triathlons.

2008-01-03 3:21 PM

User image

Thanks for the reassurance. So, I probably have been pushing too hard since I feel wiped out this week. BUT, how do I increase distance and become faster if I don't push? Will my 60% simply be harder to achieve the more in shape I become? So many questions and April will be here before I know it.
2008-01-03 3:33 PM
in reply to: #1131677

User image

Master
Rochester, NY

teresa - 2008-01-03 4:21 PM Thanks for the reassurance. So, I probably have been pushing too hard since I feel wiped out this week. BUT, how do I increase distance and become faster if I don't push? Will my 60% simply be harder to achieve the more in shape I become? So many questions and April will be here before I know it.

The 60% is a rough minimum at which point the heart fills itself up with each stroke.  So this level will provide cardiovascular benefits.

IF you're doing a training plan, it will specify longer distances over time.  Training plans are good from the standpoint that they will systematically put you through increased stresses and recovery phases.  You'll get the distances you need through the training plan.  Thats what its designed for.

You become faster for several reasons.  1) your cardio vascular system improves over time.  2) your neurological system improves over time.  You become more efficient.  3) your muscles develop more mitochondria, the power generators within the cells.  All of these benefits accrue over time.  This is where the consistency part comes in. 

Exercising at a pace where you can carry on a conversation allows all of these positive physiologic changes to occur but keeps the injury risk at a lower level than going hard.

2008-01-03 3:53 PM

User image

Master
Rochester, NY

Here is an excellent article on heart rate training.

http://endurancefactor.com/Articles/article-heartintro.htm

Another article by the same author adds more information.

http://endurancefactor.com/Articles/Lacatethreshold.htm

I'll see what more articles I can dig up.  There's a lot of good info on the subject.

2008-01-03 5:32 PM

User image

Ok, so chocolate milk (I'm trying that one tonight after spin class) and determine my LT. (great articles) Last question (for today). I have read training plans and am confused as to which are best: the ones that give you a set time or ones with specific distances. Which do you feel are better or what is the benefit of each?

Edited by teresa 2008-01-03 5:33 PM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ridgelake's Group - Filled up with Fantastic Folks! Rss Feed  

of 19