Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2013-06-25 7:47 AM
in reply to: badgerintx

User image

Elite
san francisco
Subject: RE: SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - OPEN
Congrats and great job, Dino! You are not just being a BA, you are a BA MoFo! Keep on going with your bad self!

2013-06-25 12:21 PM
in reply to: kt65

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina

Nadine and Mike,  I added you to my friends list.  Maybe you can see my logs now.  Let me know, ok?

Dino, GET SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2013-06-25 12:49 PM
in reply to: jfought

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL
That worked. That was alot of miles for a run. Good Job keep it up
2013-06-25 1:00 PM

User image

New user
Hi Jayne,

Yes, I can see it now. Pretty impressive having surgery like that then coming back and doing 50 k's. I cannot even imagine walking that far..
2013-06-25 4:49 PM

User image

Master
Maryland
Originally posted by badgerintx

Quick update for those following along at home.  We raced yesterday on a flat rectangle course in Sheboygan, WI.  Truly a power riders course, which is not my best strength.  I was able to ride smart and finished 8th on the day.  Sitting in 2nd position in the Omnium scoring in the 45+ 3/4 age group. Only 6 points separate the 2nd through the 5th place so consistency is going to be key.   

Hilly Crit Course today and the legs are starting to revolt after 4 days of racing ...........  should be interesting.  (results)

Great picture Dino, and congratulations!
2013-06-25 5:47 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Verona WI--Ironman Bike Country!

Holy Cats, leave for a day and the MG comes alive.  LOVE IT!!!

Dino, you are truly impressing the hell out of me.  #2 with the likelihood of taking the top spot.  You changed a good triathlon stint into an even better cycling one!  Keep going.  No closing down now!  TOUGH.

Jayne and Bruce, how awesome that you connected.  It's always great to see a new face out of triathlon clothes and into street clothes.  Train well.  Have fun!

David, I don't really have any good advice since I'm not a parent, but as a former ED I am a little concerned.  Is she exhibiting any other behaviors that are out of the ordinary?  It worries me a little that you are telling her she has to be physically active, but that might be my past talking.

Dan, back in the land of the living? Check in!

Sam, anything you want to share with the group on surviving a really rough swim at REV?  I've heard MANY people were pulled out and you forged on.  Awesome.

Nadine, happy belated.  Was it a big birthday?

Kyla, how come you and RP never talk about me and my awesome family?  Cooper is quite handsome you know.

Good grief, I almost forgot Trev!  How long is it going to take to have all that water recede?

I had one of those crazy big days and I am totally pooped.  I am off tomorrow and that makes me very happy.   Heading to Chicago for a tweak to the Parlee.  

Edited by SSMinnow 2013-06-25 5:49 PM

2013-06-26 2:42 AM
in reply to: SSMinnow

User image

Master
Sendai, Japan
Hi everyone.  Per Suzy's request, I'm checking in.   I was at 90% or so yesterday and able to bike and swim.   I am back to 100% as of today - got out and did a long run that included two 1 mile repeats at threshold pace.
2013-06-26 5:01 AM

User image

Expert
Noosa
Originally posted by SSMinnow

Holy Cats, leave for a day and the MG comes alive.  LOVE IT!!!

Dino, you are truly impressing the hell out of me.  #2 with the likelihood of taking the top spot.  You changed a good triathlon stint into an even better cycling one!  Keep going.  No closing down now!  TOUGH.

Jayne and Bruce, how awesome that you connected.  It's always great to see a new face out of triathlon clothes and into street clothes.  Train well.  Have fun!

David, I don't really have any good advice since I'm not a parent, but as a former ED I am a little concerned.  Is she exhibiting any other behaviors that are out of the ordinary?  It worries me a little that you are telling her she has to be physically active, but that might be my past talking.

Dan, back in the land of the living? Check in!

Sam, anything you want to share with the group on surviving a really rough swim at REV?  I've heard MANY people were pulled out and you forged on.  Awesome.

Nadine, happy belated.  Was it a big birthday?

Kyla, how come you and RP never talk about me and my awesome family?  Cooper is quite handsome you know.

Good grief, I almost forgot Trev!  How long is it going to take to have all that water recede?

I had one of those crazy big days and I am totally pooped.  I am off tomorrow and that makes me very happy.   Heading to Chicago for a tweak to the Parlee.  

My daughter bought a Google Nexus today, I paid half. The deal is that she cuts down on the sugar and walks the dogs. She is back to her normal happy self and keeps hugging and kissing me and saying "I love you so much Daddy!".

It seems like she's just growing up into a woman and after a bit of retail therapy all is good! Male chauvinist pig, moi???
2013-06-26 5:08 AM
in reply to: copa2251

User image

Expert
Noosa

Great pics Dino, those roads look wet and slippery! Keep going hard!

The TdF starts this weekend so hassle me if you notice that I'm still not getting back on the bike. The mornings are so dark and quite cold (8 celcius) at the moment and I haven't got any races on the horizon so lying in bed seems like a good option
2013-06-26 5:13 AM

User image

Expert
Noosa

Talking about having no races to plan for made me think I need to plan ahead.

I'll commit now to doing the Oly in Mooloolaba in March, HIM in Cairns in June, rest month until July then start my IM build for Ironman Western Australia Busselton which I'll do with my marine future brother-in-law. That's a plan!

2013-06-26 8:00 AM

User image

Champion
Originally posted by copa2251

Talking about having no races to plan for made me think I need to plan ahead.

I'll commit now to doing the Oly in Mooloolaba in March, HIM in Cairns in June, rest month until July then start my IM build for Ironman Western Australia Busselton which I'll do with my marine future brother-in-law. That's a plan!

WOW, did you have a triple espresso to come up with that list?  Glad your daughter is back in business.  Now make sure she lives up to her end of the bargain!

2013-06-26 8:01 AM

User image

Champion
Best laid plans....we are flooded in these parts so I had to postpone my trip to Chicago.  The Parlee will have to wait until Monday to get fixed.  
2013-06-26 9:51 AM

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL
Sorry you have to wait Suzzy. I hope you get it taken care of soon.
2013-06-26 11:29 AM
in reply to: mbehr1983

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina

WOOT WOOT WEDNESDAY!  Dino's leading us into a great weekend......Who else is racing?  Those of us not racing are living vicariously through you, so give us ALL the details.

Ok, so it seems many people are still struggling with the new BT website format.  Can you tell us what you're having trouble with so we can help you?  For those of you who are experts at the new format, share a trick or tip.

2013-06-26 12:07 PM

User image

Champion
Originally posted by jfought

WOOT WOOT WEDNESDAY!  Dino's leading us into a great weekend......Who else is racing?  Those of us not racing are living vicariously through you, so give us ALL the details.

Ok, so it seems many people are still struggling with the new BT website format.  Can you tell us what you're having trouble with so we can help you?  For those of you who are experts at the new format, share a trick or tip.

ME!  Doing my first tri of the season and Oly in Verona so lots of hills on the bike and the run. 3 loop swim means  you get out and run up the beach before getting back in, 2 loop bike and 2 loop run.  It was to be an A race for me, but given the need for a BIG DAY yesterday, I'll push like hell and hope for the best. My goal is to beat last year and break three hours.  Much will depend on if I have the legs.  I would like to be Dino JR for this one.

I don't like the fact that we don't have our friends to inspire on our blog,  I don't like that all friends can't fit on one page (and I've done a purge), I hate that we can't see our personal best races on the blog.  I get how to find all that stuff (except the best races), it's just not as convenient as it used to be.  The goal of any good website should be fewer clicks, not more!

2013-06-26 2:56 PM

User image

Master

No racing. Heading to my alma mater for a reunion of a decade of classes (80's), and it's gonna be awesome. Last reunion trashed me for a good two weeks, so I'm prepared for a long recovery this go-around. I am taking a suit/cap/goggles for a reunion swim the fancy "new" pool (I swam in it 4 years ago, so it's not really new, but it is uber-fancy and super fast and I can't be anywhere near it without swimming in it!!!)!

I'm with Suzy on the redesign -- too many clicks. I can do everything I want but it's tedious. I don't like having to click 2-3x to get to my friend's training logs to write an inspire (one click should take me there, not to a listing of their list 5 posts, etc.). Too many clicks for monthly/annual totals, equipment usage, etc. There was a TON of info in the training log before that was always visible, and I miss that.

2013-06-26 7:11 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Tosa, WI

Quick update as of Weds.  I was sitting in a pretty solid 2nd position in the 45+ Omnium overall going into today's road race.  Surprisingly, I had great legs and rode really strong today even after 5 hard days of racing.  I was right where I wanted to be for the field sprint in about 6th chair going into the final corner but I got pushed outside and ended up taking another riders pedal/shoe into my front tire.  Took out 2 spokes and bent 2 others.  I managed to stay upright but ended up limping the bike home for 52nd after stopping to remove the broken spokes.  

That is not going to help in the overall standings.  Here is a Link to a classic picture of me riding across the finish line with my spokes in my mouth.  Needless to say, I was not happy at this point.  My Hockey background was kicking in and fortunately I could not find the guy that pushed me outside.  I did find him later and have a few words with him.  I have calmed down now and am happy I managed to stay upright.  All that Cyclocross sure improves the bike handling.  I had several guys come up to me after the race and thank me for not going down or ask me how I managed to stay upright.  It would have been an ugly 50 rider pile up at 30+ mph if I had.

Another Road Race tomorrow and then 3 Crits on Fri, Sat, or Sun.  Waiting for the overall results to get updated tonight to see what rabbit I need to pull out of my hat to stay on the podium.  

Good luck to all our racers.....  REPRESENT!   

Edited by badgerintx 2013-06-26 7:12 PM
2013-06-27 7:40 AM

User image

Veteran
Madison,AL

Dino that is unfortunate. I am sorry to hear that. You still finished and you made us all proud.

No racing here. Gl Suzzy I know you will crush it and the rest of you racing.

2013-06-27 8:36 AM

User image

Veteran

Found a great tour guide for my first trip to NYC.  Looks like I might even have someone to do a few long runs/rides with while I'm out east.  Say hi to Bruce (bfwhitt).

NYC

It has been a while since I chimed in, I have been having too much fun being as a tour guide of the NY/NJ area for a hot Midwest farm girl. It is has been nice to have a fun training partner as well. Jayne has been working me hard .........running, swimming, biking. It is nice to show someone the finer parts of NY/NJ and what is has to offer. She convinced me o train for an Ultra in Wisconsin....I am still not sure how she twisted my arm into that one...oh that's right she literally twisted my arm

Looks like the season is starting to heat up for others on here. Besides the ultra in July I plan on getting at least one or two tris in before the end of the season, looking towards August and September. It has been a weird year with lots of personal changes so it has been hard to get into a consistent training routine. The swimming has suffered and the biking has been non existent, but the trail running has been lots of fun with my summer training partner.

Awesome pictures Dino that looks like wicked fun and definitely an adrenaline rush. Great story and cool picture of the spokes in your mouth, that is what I call tough when you rip them out with your teeth

Good luck Suzy on your race....make it happen.

Dan too bad about your stomach bug sucks when that happens . there will be other races.

Everyone else that is training and racing....enjoy.....and just do it !
2013-06-27 1:40 PM
in reply to: bfwhitt

User image

Champion
Bruce--which ultra in Wisconsin?  are you both doing it?
2013-06-28 12:54 AM

User image

Pro
Wherever the trail takes me, WA.

Found a great tour guide for my first trip to NYC.  Looks like I might even have someone to do a few long runs/rides with while I'm out east.  Say hi to Bruce (bfwhitt).

NYC

Where's his beer???

DINO---- YOUR THE MAN!!! Aweseome picture btw...

Suzy... Don't fret... Ryan and Kyla talk a lot about stuff I'm not privy tooo..... and I'm family!!!!

2013-06-28 8:24 AM
in reply to: swbkrun

User image

Master
Tosa, WI

Quick update for those that are following along and are still interested.  My spoke mishap has taken me from 2nd on the overall to 4th, so I have some work to do in the next 3 days.  We raced on the track at Road America in Elkhart Lake yesterday, which was really cool except the uphill sprint finish is a lot longer than it looks......  or 6 straight previous days of racing have really started to affect my sprinting legs.  I finished 28th yesterday and lost some points to 2 of the 3 guys in front of me.  However, I have gained a ton of respect from the Peloton for staying upright on Wed, at least 8 guys have come up to me to thank me for not going down and 3 guys tried to file a protest for me, which they cannot do.  I did not nor will I file a protest, that is just racing.    

3 Crits remaining including one about 10 blocks from my house on Sunday.  I have been keeping a journal tracking different numbers along with my random thoughts throughout the week so my race report may be more about that than the actual racing.  

Once again, thanks for following along, caring, and cheering me on through email, posts, etc.  Good luck to all our racers this weekend......  REPRESENT! 

2013-06-28 10:26 AM

User image

Expert
Brevard, North Carolina

Quick update for those that are following along and are still interested.  My spoke mishap has taken me from 2nd on the overall to 4th, so I have some work to do in the next 3 days.  We raced on the track at Road America in Elkhart Lake yesterday, which was really cool except the uphill sprint finish is a lot longer than it looks......  or 6 straight previous days of racing have really started to affect my sprinting legs.  I finished 28th yesterday and lost some points to 2 of the 3 guys in front of me.  However, I have gained a ton of respect from the Peloton for staying upright on Wed, at least 8 guys have come up to me to thank me for not going down and 3 guys tried to file a protest for me, which they cannot do.  I did not nor will I file a protest, that is just racing.    

3 Crits remaining including one about 10 blocks from my house on Sunday.  I have been keeping a journal tracking different numbers along with my random thoughts throughout the week so my race report may be more about that than the actual racing.  

Once again, thanks for following along, caring, and cheering me on through email, posts, etc.  Good luck to all our racers this weekend......  REPRESENT! 

Yes, Dino, we're still eating it up.  Keep the updates coming.  I have no doubt you will kick some a$$ in the next three days.  Just imagine all of us pulling for you, literally and figuratively.  We would provide a lot of draft for you Laughing

Suzy, Bruce (bless his heart) is going to run the Dances With Dirt 50k at Devil's Lake with me on July 13th.  He did a tough 20 miler with me last weekend and made it look like a walk in the park.  He kept telling me to take the lead......I'm not sure if he was just letting me set the pace or looking at my ..... Tongue out

Birdy, that was iced tea in the pic.  Trying to get to find my race weight.....anyone know where I put it? 

2013-06-28 3:59 PM

User image

New user
Suzy - Good luck this weekend!

Kyla - Have fun at your reunion!

Jayne - I've added you to my friends list, but I still can't see your logs.

I have no races this weekend. My husband's family is in town for a wedding, so I'm doing my best to keep my training up (we've had some late nights.) I'm getting them in, but it doesn't look very pretty.

I did find out today that my friends and I got in to the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco! It's the weekend before my first tri. Not sure that this is one of my best ideas, but I think it will be a blast!
2013-06-28 4:40 PM

User image

Champion

Yes, Dino, we're still eating it up.  Keep the updates coming.  I have no doubt you will kick some a$$ in the next three days.  Just imagine all of us pulling for you, literally and figuratively.  We would provide a lot of draft for you Laughing

Suzy, Bruce (bless his heart) is going to run the Dances With Dirt 50k at Devil's Lake with me on July 13th.  He did a tough 20 miler with me last weekend and made it look like a walk in the park.  He kept telling me to take the lead......I'm not sure if he was just letting me set the pace or looking at my ..... Tongue out

Birdy, that was iced tea in the pic.  Trying to get to find my race weight.....anyone know where I put it? 

You do realize this is 30' from my house, right?  When are you leaving?  We are in Minocqua through that weekend returning sometime on Sunday.  Ironically, I am doing 2 BIG DAYS with Brett Tuesday and Wednesday so will be up there a lot.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » SWBKRUN MENTOR GROUP - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 44