BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 32

2014-03-01 6:30 PM
in reply to: krazytallchick

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED
KC, I am impressed that you are already up to 3000 yards in the pool. I don't think I was up to that yardage till 2 months ahead of time. Sounds like you had a great week, and good decision on the treadmill.

Hope everyone survives the big snow storm that they are predicting for this week.

2014-03-02 9:33 AM

User image

Regular
More snow in Chicago today! I think we are at 70 inches for the year. Hoping to get to run/bike outside by April
2014-03-02 12:55 PM
in reply to: #4920811

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Urgh, I feel your pain. We were expected to get more this evening, too. I think they have backed off on totals though.

2:15 trainer ride last night and I finally made it outside for 1hr run today. 45 mins on the trainer tonight.

2014-03-02 4:03 PM
in reply to: cheekymonkeys1

User image

Regular
Good job! 2:15 hr trainer ride would test my patients!
2014-03-02 4:04 PM
in reply to: ettringite23

User image

Regular
Anyone know of a relatively inexpensive rear bottle mount? I am looking to hold two bottles behind me, and the only ones I can find are $50+!

Thanks in advance,

Todd
2014-03-02 4:09 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
I have the X-Lab mini wing. I thought it was cheap at $50 compared to some of the pricier ones. Amazon has used ones starting at around $41. But they can get crazy expensive.

2014-03-02 4:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Originally posted by krazytallchick

Hi Team,

I am having an interesting year, one I already do not like. I guess since I am not really racing this year I have gotten relaxed and lack of focus with training. I am now wondering if I am over booking myself thinking since I don't need to train like I use to I will do more work, work.....While before I figured out how to balance it. Then again since I don't have to report back to anyone (coach) I can skip a workout here etc.

I do have a 10 mile race coming up in April that I feel like I am training well for that. Then I have an Olympic tri in June and I don't feel ready for that at all. I will have to find a time to get back in that pool.

Thank you for letting me rant.

Hope everyone has a great weekend,
Kathy

Kat, you'll be just fine for the Oly. There is still plenty of time and you have a really strong foundation.
2014-03-02 4:17 PM
in reply to: kcgolf

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Originally posted by kcgolf

Hey Team.

Been a busy week - started slow but is finishing decently. Got to pool early for my swim this morning but the life guard decided to sleep in She showed up 20 minutes late so I did not get all 3000 meters in but I managed to RFP and get 2600 in . Although, it was a tough 2600 - felt lethargic and week but I know why - I started doing some strength training again last night. I have this real cool home gym and promised myself yesterday I was going to get back on it at least twice a week so I set up a quick circuit after my trainer ride - which worked out great - chest, shoulders, lats, triceps, biceps, squats and calf raises followed by some planks. It take me about 20 mins to complete the circuit 3 times so it should work out good if I stay with it that is lol.
It may not be much but let me tell you I felt it this morning in that pool

I also got my 70 minutes run in on the mill - I would kill right now for an outside run but until this winter moves over for spring, thank god I made the decision to purchase the treadmill this winter.

Long trainer ride tomorrow and I will cap off a week that started slow but got better everyday - except if you want to count the 2 trips to the dentist (having some dental issues) which are not fun but that is a story for next week.

Stay safe team and thanks to everyone for stopping in to say hello. Lets cross our fingers and say a prayer that the weather will start to change for all of us real soon.

KC

Glad you're feeling better and getting it done, KC. How is the strength routine going?
2014-03-02 8:38 PM

User image

Regular
15 k on the dreadmill today..came in just under 70 minutes (7:30 ish). As I think I mentioned before, I have been running using the general principles of Dr. Phil Maffetone. I have seen great dividends! I started out at about 5 miles at 9:15 pace. I do these runs fasted and in mid Zone 3. I hope these dividends carry through to my first HM!

Looking forward,

Todd
2014-03-02 10:41 PM

User image

Kenmore, Washington

DAN - wow that is fast - nice work. What are you trying to do when you swim that fast? Are you thinking technique? Body position? Breathing? That's fast dude - nice work.

KC

Originally posted by pnwdan
I did get a new PR in the pool. I swam a 100 (y) in 1:27. That's my first time swimming 100y in less than 1:30. Woohoo!

Thanks for the kind words. Funny thing is I'm not trying to swim fast or PR. My PRs come when I have a few minutes left in the pool and want to flog myself solid for the last 100. When things come together my body position is on top of the water, I have an aggressive catch, and my pull is strong with high turnover. Breathing takes care of itself thanks to all the wake.
2014-03-02 10:44 PM

User image

Kenmore, Washington
Originally posted by cheekymonkeys1

Urgh, I feel your pain. We were expected to get more this evening, too. I think they have backed off on totals though.

2:15 trainer ride last night and I finally made it outside for 1hr run today. 45 mins on the trainer tonight.

2:15 on the trainer!!! How do you do it? Tell me your secret.

2014-03-03 12:00 PM
in reply to: pnwdan

User image

found a loner bike. needed to buy a couple of things but everything is coming today. Its actually a tri bike and I feel a little unsteady on it. Went out and got some shoe and peddles today. hope to get a few rides in this week to get more comfortable
2014-03-03 12:39 PM
in reply to: nrpoulin

User image

Extreme Veteran
Dan that 1:27 100yd swim is awesome! I am guessing your coach has a swim background?

Todd sounds like your running is coming together. Now I can spend 2:30 hours on the trainer but not an hour on the dreadmill. As to how I am able, watch either a movie or past World Championship videos. Going to 3 hours is pushing it.

Deb, glad to hear you are back at it.
2014-03-03 3:47 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hey KTC - it may look impressive but the times are real slow lol.

KC, I am impressed that you are already up to 3000 yards in the pool. I don't think I was up to that yardage till 2 months ahead of time. Sounds like you had a great week, and good decision on the treadmill.

Hope everyone survives the big snow storm that they are predicting for this week.
2014-03-03 3:48 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hey Deb. Thanks - getting the major work done on the tooth this Thursday

Having a hard time finding the time for the lifting but I know I need it.

KC

Hey Team.

Been a busy week - started slow but is finishing decently. Got to pool early for my swim this morning but the life guard decided to sleep in She showed up 20 minutes late so I did not get all 3000 meters in but I managed to RFP and get 2600 in . Although, it was a tough 2600 - felt lethargic and week but I know why - I started doing some strength training again last night. I have this real cool home gym and promised myself yesterday I was going to get back on it at least twice a week so I set up a quick circuit after my trainer ride - which worked out great - chest, shoulders, lats, triceps, biceps, squats and calf raises followed by some planks. It take me about 20 mins to complete the circuit 3 times so it should work out good if I stay with it that is lol.
It may not be much but let me tell you I felt it this morning in that pool

I also got my 70 minutes run in on the mill - I would kill right now for an outside run but until this winter moves over for spring, thank god I made the decision to purchase the treadmill this winter.

Long trainer ride tomorrow and I will cap off a week that started slow but got better everyday - except if you want to count the 2 trips to the dentist (having some dental issues) which are not fun but that is a story for next week.

Stay safe team and thanks to everyone for stopping in to say hello. Lets cross our fingers and say a prayer that the weather will start to change for all of us real soon.

KC

Glad you're feeling better and getting it done, KC. How is the strength routine going?
2014-03-03 3:49 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Awesome Job Todd.

Originally posted by ettringite23

15 k on the dreadmill today..came in just under 70 minutes (7:30 ish). As I think I mentioned before, I have been running using the general principles of Dr. Phil Maffetone. I have seen great dividends! I started out at about 5 miles at 9:15 pace. I do these runs fasted and in mid Zone 3. I hope these dividends carry through to my first HM!

Looking forward,

Todd

2014-03-03 3:51 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hey Team. Made it through the weekend - getting some major work done on the tooth this Thursday but that is ok - should be ok after that. This week is a recovery week for me. I had to miss my swim this morning but got a solid 30 in on the mill this afternoon. Weight train right after I finish this message. Will get to pool tomorrow for some drills.

Have a great day everyone.

KC
2014-03-03 8:58 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

Hey KTC - it may look impressive but the times are real slow lol.

What was your NYC IM swim time again, KC? ;-) lol j/k
2014-03-03 9:03 PM
in reply to: pnwdan

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.

Trainer Road is my secret lol. My coach uploaded an interval workout that somehow made time pass. However, I notice that I have a 2:45 coming up. That may test me a little more.
2014-03-04 2:36 PM

User image

Finally up to 300 yards on my fs. Just in time for my tri pool swim this weekend.

2014-03-04 5:52 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Trainer Road is my secret lol. My coach uploaded an interval workout that somehow made time pass. However, I notice that I have a 2:45 coming up. That may test me a little more.

Doing trainer road programs and watching what they say really does help pass the time. Then again I have only done 90 minutes on the weekends, and only an hour during the week. I will be suspending my subscription here again soon since I can now know that in just a few weeks I can ride outside. (It is still 30 degrees here and they are forecasting a wintry mix later this week so we still or not done with winter but you can smell spring is in the air)

2014-03-04 11:45 PM
in reply to: nrpoulin

User image

Regular
Sweet! Good luck on your triathlon! Looking forward to the report!

Todd
2014-03-04 11:45 PM

User image

Regular
Thanks! I will check it out!
2014-03-05 1:03 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

Can coaches upload workouts on trainer road for you specifically? Is that part of the basic payment plan?
2014-03-05 1:25 PM
in reply to: #4958093

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Scott, I believe anyone can create a workout on TR. I am just techie challenged, and had no clue how to do it, which is why someone else did. It's a feature of the $10 a month thing.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 32

RELATED POSTS

Team Trisuppo - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34

Started by trisuppo
Views: 30514 Posts: 838

2014-05-16 3:19 PM jackiep
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 7, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Would it be a simple and advisable to swap back and forth between the road seat post with no aero bars and the tri seat post with aero bars?

date : August 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I have a Specialized Allez Elite road bike with aero bars. It has the stock seatpost. I am interested in changing the seat post to one that is more forward. What would I look for?
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : July 3, 2006
author : ChiRunning
Discussion on many aspects of ChiRunning such as falling forward, posture, hamstring tightness, stride length, leaning, stretching
date : June 5, 2006
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
How can gluteus medius weakness/problems be involved in iliotibial band syndrome? What specific exercises should be used in building gluteus medius strength in post-ITB syndrome treatment?

date : January 24, 2005
author : Team BT
Shanna Armstrong’s Journal Entry January 21, 2005 - The Race Across America
date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.