BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 32

2014-03-06 8:11 AM
in reply to: cheekymonkeys1

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Subject: RE: TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED
It was fast

Originally posted by cheekymonkeys1

Originally posted by kcgolf

Hey KTC - it may look impressive but the times are real slow lol.

Originally posted by krazytallchick

KC, I am impressed that you are already up to 3000 yards in the pool. I don't think I was up to that yardage till 2 months ahead of time. Sounds like you had a great week, and good decision on the treadmill.

Hope everyone survives the big snow storm that they are predicting for this week.

What was your NYC IM swim time again, KC? ;-) lol j/k

2014-03-06 8:11 AM
in reply to: nrpoulin

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
WAY TO GO!

Originally posted by nrpoulin

Finally up to 300 yards on my fs. Just in time for my tri pool swim this weekend.

2014-03-06 8:13 AM
in reply to: kcgolf

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hi Team.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Things are going decent this week - although my schedule has interupted my swimming I am hitting my other workouts - kind of happy it is a recovery week.

KC
2014-03-06 9:46 AM

User image

Hey team!
I am in a recovery week and thankful for it! I can feel myself getting stronger but last week was mentally quite taxing so it's good on all fronts to have a bit of a respite. Also it always amazes how much "life stuff," both positive and negative, affects training. Any body else notice that? Have a great end of the week/weekend!

Helen
2014-03-06 8:27 PM
in reply to: mtrunner6

User image

Extreme Veteran
KC, hope your tooth is doing better.

Helen, YES, mental affects my training. If I am mentally stress it carries over to my workouts. Rest days are a good time for me to recharge not only the body but also the brain.
2014-03-06 10:08 PM

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

G'day Team,

Sorry for the absence, been really struggling these past couple of weeks. Trying to fight the black dog off and get back on top of things. Looks like everyone else has been training hard. I am hoping to get back into the swing of things next week with a few early morning rides, runs and swims. Trying to set myself a goal of doing at least two of each per week until I'm back in the groove. Gotta get back on track with my nutrition too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

2014-03-07 6:37 AM
in reply to: kruzmeister

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Originally posted by kruzmeister

G'day Team,

Sorry for the absence, been really struggling these past couple of weeks. Trying to fight the black dog off and get back on top of things. Looks like everyone else has been training hard. I am hoping to get back into the swing of things next week with a few early morning rides, runs and swims. Trying to set myself a goal of doing at least two of each per week until I'm back in the groove. Gotta get back on track with my nutrition too.

What's the "black dog?"

I tailed back on intensity and volume this week. But did 3 X swim, 4X bike and 3 X run. Hip is sore after the running. Up to 4.5 miles with the gang. The soreness may be due to two runs on the track. That always is harder on the legs for me. The temps will hit 40s and 50s a bit this weekend andnext week so will be running outside. Both bikes have been to the shop for tune-ups. All good.

2014-03-07 10:13 AM
in reply to: mtrunner6

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hi Helen and I completely agree with you - "life stuff" has a tendance to get in the way for sure but we continue on to the best of our abilities and keep finding a way to figure it out

Keep Tri ing

KC

Originally posted by mtrunner6

Hey team!
I am in a recovery week and thankful for it! I can feel myself getting stronger but last week was mentally quite taxing so it's good on all fronts to have a bit of a respite. Also it always amazes how much "life stuff," both positive and negative, affects training. Any body else notice that? Have a great end of the week/weekend!

Helen
2014-03-07 10:13 AM
in reply to: krazytallchick

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Thanks KTC. It is on the mend - root canal done, temporay filling will be replaced with a permanent one next week.

Originally posted by krazytallchick

KC, hope your tooth is doing better.

Helen, YES, mental affects my training. If I am mentally stress it carries over to my workouts. Rest days are a good time for me to recharge not only the body but also the brain.
2014-03-07 10:14 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hang tough Simone - one day at a time

G'day Team,

2014-03-07 10:16 AM
in reply to: IceManScott

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Great weeks work as usual Scott. Maybe some warm temps will help with that hip? Looks like a bit closer to seasonal here as well, which will be nice.

Have a great weekend.

KC

Originally posted by IceManScott

G'day Team,

What's the "black dog?"

I tailed back on intensity and volume this week. But did 3 X swim, 4X bike and 3 X run. Hip is sore after the running. Up to 4.5 miles with the gang. The soreness may be due to two runs on the track. That always is harder on the legs for me. The temps will hit 40s and 50s a bit this weekend andnext week so will be running outside. Both bikes have been to the shop for tune-ups. All good.

2014-03-07 10:19 AM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
OK Team - I know things have slowed down in here for a number of reasons I am sure. We all get busy - some come and some go - no worries. I hope everyone is safe and healthy and training to the best of their physicl and mental health. Tim, I hope you are recovering from the surgery and I know you will be back out training soon - you can't keep an Ironman down

Have a great weekend everyone. I am off to the college pool for a noon swim, a run this afternoon and a bit of lifting and I am going to enjoy every minute of it

KC
2014-03-07 7:44 PM
in reply to: IceManScott

User image

Veteran
Bendigo, Victoria

Scott, the 'black dog' is a common euphemism for depression. I have bipolar (manic depression) and it plays havoc with my training from time to time. Contrary to popular belief, it is a disease of the brain, not an excuse to be lazy. I'd prefer not to have it, but unfortunately we don't get to choose what life throws at us. I'm better now than I was thanks to the meds I am on, but unfortunately one of the side effects of those meds is sedation, so it can be a major effort to drag my a** out the door for a run/cycle/swim some days and that's when I'm feeling good too.

Anyway, everyone has their struggles, I just do the best I can with mine. Crossing the finish line at an Ironman will make it all worthwhile.

Originally posted by IceManScott

What's the "black dog?"

2014-03-08 9:40 AM

User image

Regular
Simone,

I understand the black dog. I have friends and family that suffer from mental illness. Keep fighting and keep it one day at a time! Tha'ts the only way I keep myself going. RFP, simone, RFP

Todd
2014-03-08 10:37 AM
in reply to: #4960181

User image

First tri in the books. Feels good. Loner bike's seat dropped about two miles in. Speed to fix it but screw kept spinning. Had to ride at the bottom with the seat shifting from left to right. Bike to swim transition was tough. Ran slower then expected. Overall I had fun and feel good. Next one in 36 days
2014-03-08 10:50 AM
in reply to: #4961832

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Uh, no. We have been tri deprived since Kathy finished IMAZ in Nov. we NEED DETAILS!!!

2014-03-08 11:56 AM

User image

Kenmore, Washington
Uh, no. We have been tri deprived since Kathy finished IMAZ in Nov. we NEED DETAILS!!!

Agreed! Get that race report submitted.
2014-03-08 12:15 PM
in reply to: pnwdan

User image

Kenmore, Washington
I have a good streak of consecutive days of SBR going. Today was day 19 :-) I still need to get on that bike and build some fitness. My SBR is more like SR, with only one B per month.

Triathlon season doesn't get going until June in the Pacific NW so I found some things to keep me busy. My current race schedule:

April 13 - Seahawks 12k run
May 31 - Flying Wheels Century 100mile ride
June 7 - Issaquah Sprint Triathlon
June 28 - Lake Padden Triathlon

I wish summer was here so I could start my open water swims.
2014-03-08 1:44 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

I know a bit about that black dog, too. I'm a recovering alcoholic. 25 years, 5 months, 6 days. Before that, a suicidal mess. I use the training like you do, a way to help balance the mental teeter totter. I also use a lot of centering prayer, a type of meditation that can be done actively as well as quietly. So I get lots of communication with the Higher Power. Believe me, that mental connection is why I stay positive and was able to do 2 IronMan with colon cancer and a hernia the first time and an exploding hip and knee from arthritis.

Good luck to you. Anything I can do to help, let me know.
2014-03-09 9:05 AM

User image

Results came in last night and I completed my race report. Not sure how to share it. I ran 1:14:35. My time was really hurt by transition times, and the bike. At least 4 minutes could have been shaved if I didn't stop to attempt to fix the seat unsuccessfully. Happy with the swim. Had to ease up a bit. I passed one and was on the heals of the next who kept flip turning into me. Thought thenrun was slower than what it was. Overall backnof the middle for swim and run. Way backnof pack for transition and bike. I had a lot of fun. The course was laid out nicely for the family to watch and the kids seemed to enjoy it. The volunteers we great, and the athletes very friendly. Great experience overal.
2014-03-09 10:09 AM

User image

Regular
Congratulations, Triathlete!

2014-03-09 9:07 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Congratulations! Sounds like you had fun despite all the issues.

Originally posted by nrpoulin

Results came in last night and I completed my race report. Not sure how to share it. I ran 1:14:35. My time was really hurt by transition times, and the bike. At least 4 minutes could have been shaved if I didn't stop to attempt to fix the seat unsuccessfully. Happy with the swim. Had to ease up a bit. I passed one and was on the heals of the next who kept flip turning into me. Thought thenrun was slower than what it was. Overall backnof the middle for swim and run. Way backnof pack for transition and bike. I had a lot of fun. The course was laid out nicely for the family to watch and the kids seemed to enjoy it. The volunteers we great, and the athletes very friendly. Great experience overal.
2014-03-09 9:08 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

You have no idea how many times I try to find the like button to people's post.

2014-03-09 9:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
KC - glad the tooth is better.

Simone - I was thinking about you today and was hoping all is well with you. Glad to hear you working your way through.

Scott - I am hoping the hip is bothered by the cold. You are the man with all your workouts.

As for me...... the weather has finally turned warmed and I was able to go out for my first bike ride on the road since IMAZ and it felt weird to be riding the road bike. Triathlon season officially starts next weekend with SC first event. No, I am not participating.

Hope everyone had a great weekend,
Kathy (KTC)
2014-03-09 9:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Congrats on your first tri! You are now officially a triathlete.

Kathy, I'm a little jealous you're riding outside. I am still under snow and salt covered streets.

Tim - How are you feeling?

Kc - Same to you - How is the tooth?

Simone - I hope you're hanging in there.

Scott - you know how I feel, you're the freaking MAN.

Ok guys, so I may have a decision to make. My tri club is planning a destination race for '15. I was planning on doing LP, but I really like the idea of a destination race with up to 40+ tri club members. Urgh, decisions, decisions, decisions. I don't have to make my decision until nearer July, but I am already toying with not doing LP.

Because 2 IM's in the same year would be bonkers, right!

(right?)

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 32

RELATED POSTS

Team Trisuppo - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34

Started by trisuppo
Views: 30514 Posts: 838

2014-05-16 3:19 PM jackiep
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 7, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Would it be a simple and advisable to swap back and forth between the road seat post with no aero bars and the tri seat post with aero bars?

date : August 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I have a Specialized Allez Elite road bike with aero bars. It has the stock seatpost. I am interested in changing the seat post to one that is more forward. What would I look for?
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : July 3, 2006
author : ChiRunning
Discussion on many aspects of ChiRunning such as falling forward, posture, hamstring tightness, stride length, leaning, stretching
date : June 5, 2006
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
How can gluteus medius weakness/problems be involved in iliotibial band syndrome? What specific exercises should be used in building gluteus medius strength in post-ITB syndrome treatment?

date : January 24, 2005
author : Team BT
Shanna Armstrong’s Journal Entry January 21, 2005 - The Race Across America
date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.