BT Development Mentor Program Archives » The Ghoulie Mentor Group - Full Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 56

2010-04-20 7:59 AM
in reply to: #2770589

Veteran
Subject: RE: The Ghoulie Mentor Group - Full
I'm waiting for the tri PIC of the day, the last few have been pretty good .   Got a nice little ride in on the new wheels/tires last night, seemed to roll very nicely.  They even seemed to soak up some of the crappy country road.

After my run tonight, plan on laying all my transition stuff out, going over everything. 
T1- towel coming out of the pool, towel on the ground with shoes ready to go, helmet & sunglasses on the bike, bike pointing proper way.
T2-after racking bike/taking helmet off, running shoes also on towel ready to go, number belt, maybe visor
That's really about it, right?

2010-04-20 8:27 AM
in reply to: #2803625

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
bigr82 - 2010-04-20 8:59 AM I'm waiting for the tri PIC of the day, the last few have been pretty good .   Got a nice little ride in on the new wheels/tires last night, seemed to roll very nicely.  They even seemed to soak up some of the crappy country road.

After my run tonight, plan on laying all my transition stuff out, going over everything. 
T1- towel coming out of the pool, towel on the ground with shoes ready to go, helmet & sunglasses on the bike, bike pointing proper way.
T2-after racking bike/taking helmet off, running shoes also on towel ready to go, number belt, maybe visor

I did a pool swim last year and no one had towels coming out of the pool. I know I didn't dry anything off, threw on my socks, shoes, and helmet and got going.
2010-04-20 8:31 AM

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
Here's an odd question but one that I struggle with from time to time.  What gets you to do your workouts when you should?  I always seem to either put them off and then rush to get them done or miss them because something else pops up.  I know I want to do them but there is some sort of disconnect between the passion of my mind and reality of my life.

For instance, I have some time between when my wife leaves for work and when I do.  I have been wanting to workout then but I always find myself doing other things and procrastinating.  By the time I get around to it, it is time for me to shower and get ready for work.  This usually leads to me cutting one of my scheduled workouts or rushing to get it done with the other one in the evening.

I hope this makes sense...
2010-04-20 8:37 AM
in reply to: #2803707

User image

Expert
Douglaston, NY
ironannekidd - 2010-04-20 9:27 AM
bigr82 - 2010-04-20 8:59 AM I'm waiting for the tri PIC of the day, the last few have been pretty good .   Got a nice little ride in on the new wheels/tires last night, seemed to roll very nicely.  They even seemed to soak up some of the crappy country road.

I did a pool swim last year and no one had towels coming out of the pool. I know I didn't dry anything off, threw on my socks, shoes, and helmet and got going.

Hmmm...I heard that your throngs of adoring fans were there with hair dryers and leaf blowers to dry you off as you ran to T1. 

The pool tri's I did were the same way - no towels, just a stern looking person to make sure no one slipped as they got out of the pool.  I think I am in the minority because I keep a hand towel in T1 to dry and wipe off my feet before putting on my socks and shoes.  The rest of me can dry on the bike.
2010-04-20 8:44 AM
in reply to: #2803720

User image

Champion
Sulcus - 2010-04-20 9:31 AM Here's an odd question but one that I struggle with from time to time.  What gets you to do your workouts when you should?  I always seem to either put them off and then rush to get them done or miss them because something else pops up.  I know I want to do them but there is some sort of disconnect between the passion of my mind and reality of my life.

For instance, I have some time between when my wife leaves for work and when I do.  I have been wanting to workout then but I always find myself doing other things and procrastinating.  By the time I get around to it, it is time for me to shower and get ready for work.  This usually leads to me cutting one of my scheduled workouts or rushing to get it done with the other one in the evening.

I have those days, too. I get home and could go for my run and be done before everyone gets home, but it's nice and quiet in the house so I take a quick nap instead.

Sometimes I kick my own azz to get out of the house. There are days I guilt myself to get out of the house. I spent a Sunday morning a few weeks ago watching Nike commercials on YouTube to get pumped up before I got out of the house.

You are the only one who can get you going. YOU have to find what motivates YOU!

ME? I want to lose a little more weight. I want to be the best Ann I can be. I want to show all of those people who think I can't that I really can.
2010-04-20 8:45 AM

Veteran
Ok, maybe no drying off.  Depending on how cool it is outside, I might be able to get away without drying off at all.

2010-04-20 8:49 AM
in reply to: #2803720

User image

Pro
NJ
Sulcus - 2010-04-20 9:31 AM Here's an odd question but one that I struggle with from time to time.  What gets you to do your workouts when you should?  I always seem to either put them off and then rush to get them done or miss them because something else pops up.  I know I want to do them but there is some sort of disconnect between the passion of my mind and reality of my life.

Shawn, I have the same struggle.  If I don't get it done before work, it usually doesn't happen.  While I can sometimes manage a workout in the evening, I am usually mentally exhausted and I find that the most challenging.  So, I've made myself a morning person.  I'm usually up before 5am and can manage an hour workout before heading to the office.  This doesn't really work for biking, unless on the trainer. Hence, I'm usually light on my bike training.

One other trick I've used is good old fashioned bribery.  ie, if I go to masters swim, I'll treat myself to a latte or if I get xxx workouts done this week I can buy myself xxx.   Nothing big or fancy, but a carrot is better than a stick for me.
2010-04-20 8:57 AM

Veteran
I like that, I want to be the best Ryan I can be.  Anymore I'm trying to show people that I can, that have always believed I can.
2010-04-20 9:15 AM
in reply to: #2802415

User image

Expert
Illinois
bigr82 - 2010-04-19 4:20 PM Sprint = Joker   man I'm in trouble this weekend then .   I do see how alot of people can SPRINT these short distances, the rest of us will have to try and Finish like its an ironman.   I have tried to get my self as ready as can be, but i'm sure my first one can't go completly right.

Ryan, don't worry about it. I will be there and we are going to have so much fun!! My training week is shot, as we have a plumbing DISASTER at our home (really bad, tens of thousands of dollars in damage).  I was even considering bagging the race but I think I'll just treat it as a practice tri.
2010-04-20 9:19 AM

Veteran
Yes sorry to hear about the house, hopefully you can get everything taken care of!!!!   I wore my new tri suit last night for my bike ride.  Big ole 6'8 guy cruising the town on his goofy looking bike(blue) with a black & neon green tri suit with a huge gator head on the back  O YA
2010-04-20 9:20 AM
in reply to: #2803869

User image

Champion
abake - 2010-04-20 10:15 AM
bigr82 - 2010-04-19 4:20 PM Sprint = Joker   man I'm in trouble this weekend then .   I do see how alot of people can SPRINT these short distances, the rest of us will have to try and Finish like its an ironman.   I have tried to get my self as ready as can be, but i'm sure my first one can't go completly right.

Ryan, don't worry about it. I will be there and we are going to have so much fun!! My training week is shot, as we have a plumbing DISASTER at our home (really bad, tens of thousands of dollars in damage).  I was even considering bagging the race but I think I'll just treat it as a practice tri.

OH NO! What happened??!!??!!

Don't bag the tri. You may need it as a stress reliever from the disaster recovery!

2010-04-20 9:20 AM

User image

Champion
Disaster relief TopPage!
2010-04-20 9:33 AM
in reply to: #2803888

User image

Expert
Illinois

ironannekidd - 2010-04-20 9:20 AM Disaster relief TopPage!

Disaster Relief Toppage, LOLOL!!!!!!
We went out of town (Steve's son got married down in Florida last Friday).  I have three cats and hire the teenager, Tyler,  across the street to care for them, he is a great kid and does such a good job.  When Tyler went over to feed on Sunday morning, there was water pouring from the ceiling in the unfinished part of the basement.  He ran home and got his dad, who determined that a water line leading to the toilet in the master bathroom on the first floor had come loose. 

All the carpeting in the upstairs (three bedrooms, hallway, living room) is saturated. The vinyl flooring in the two upstairs bathrooms is being replaced.  We have GINORMOUS fans and dehumidifiers going!!!  It sounds like an airplane is firing up in the house, lol!! 

The good thing is that the finished part of the basement was not affected, and there is a small bedroom and a bathroom down there, so we can stay in the house. The kitchen is ok too.  There will probably be some liability on the part of the plumber who installed the toilet, as apparently the line that failed was not up to code. 

It's been crazy!!!!

2010-04-20 9:36 AM
in reply to: #2803925

User image

Champion
abake - 2010-04-20 10:33 AM

We went out of town (Steve's son got married down in Florida last Friday).  I have three cats and hire the teenager, Tyler,  across the street to care for them, he is a great kid and does such a good job.  When Tyler went over to feed on Sunday morning, there was water pouring from the ceiling in the unfinished part of the basement.  He ran home and got his dad, who determined that a water line leading to the toilet in the master bathroom on the first floor had come loose. 

All the carpeting in the upstairs (three bedrooms, hallway, living room) is saturated. The vinyl flooring in the two upstairs bathrooms is being replaced.  We have GINORMOUS fans and dehumidifiers going!!!  It sounds like an airplane is firing up in the house, lol!! 

The good thing is that the finished part of the basement was not affected, and there is a small bedroom and a bathroom down there, so we can stay in the house. The kitchen is ok too.  There will probably be some liability on the part of the plumber who installed the toilet, as apparently the line that failed was not up to code. 

It's been crazy!!!!

Dam! Sorry to hear that. Good thing is you had the neighbor kid coming over. Although if he didn't discover it you could have practiced swimming in your basement.

Nice job plumber!
2010-04-20 9:44 AM
in reply to: #2803880

User image

Champion
Bronze member
bigr82 - 2010-04-20 10:19 AM Yes sorry to hear about the house, hopefully you can get everything taken care of!!!!   I wore my new tri suit last night for my bike ride.  Big ole 6'8 guy cruising the town on his goofy looking bike(blue) with a black & neon green tri suit with a huge gator head on the back  O YA

You know you struck fear and awe in all you passed. Really!
2010-04-20 9:47 AM
in reply to: #2803933

User image

Champion
Bronze member
ironannekidd - 2010-04-20 10:36 AM

It's been crazy!!!!

Dam! Sorry to hear that. Good thing is you had the neighbor kid coming over. Although if he didn't discover it you could have practiced swimming in your basement.

Nice job plumber!

Oh CHIT!! Soo sorry. that royally sux.  Definitely go to do your tri. With every stroke, peddle and step you are stomping that plumber! You will get rid of lots of stress that way. And the scary look on your face will keep other racers away!

2010-04-20 9:51 AM
in reply to: #2803780

User image

Champion
Bronze member
kcarroll - 2010-04-20 9:49 AM

Shawn, I have the same struggle.  If I don't get it done before work, it usually doesn't happen.  While I can sometimes manage a workout in the evening, I am usually mentally exhausted and I find that the most challenging.  So, I've made myself a morning person.  I'm usually up before 5am and can manage an hour workout before heading to the office.  This doesn't really work for biking, unless on the trainer. Hence, I'm usually light on my bike training.

One other trick I've used is good old fashioned bribery.  ie, if I go to masters swim, I'll treat myself to a latte or if I get xxx workouts done this week I can buy myself xxx.   Nothing big or fancy, but a carrot is better than a stick for me.

I have to kick my butt as well. I have been using a combination of bribery and denial. IF I get my workout in, I can have/do/buy (Insert fun thing). If I don't do my workout , I have to do (insert chore I hate).
2010-04-20 9:57 AM
in reply to: #2803976

User image

Champion
ceilidh - 2010-04-20 10:51 AM

I have to kick my butt as well. I have been using a combination of bribery and denial. IF I get my workout in, I can have/do/buy (Insert fun thing). If I don't do my workout , I have to do (insert chore I hate).

SO

MANY

THINGS

I

WANT

TO

SAY

HERE!!!!
2010-04-20 9:57 AM
in reply to: #2803933

User image

Expert
Illinois
ironannekidd - 2010-04-20 9:36 AM

It's been crazy!!!!

Nice job plumber!

Thanks, no doubt! I think I can still probably swim in the closet upstairs, it's pretty swampy!
2010-04-20 9:59 AM
in reply to: #2803993

User image

Champion
Bronze member
ironannekidd - 2010-04-20 10:57 AM
ceilidh - 2010-04-20 10:51 AM

SO

MANY

THINGS

I

WANT

TO

SAY

HERE!!!!

Wink
2010-04-20 9:59 AM
in reply to: #2803965

User image

Expert
Illinois
ceilidh - 2010-04-20 9:47 AM
ironannekidd - 2010-04-20 10:36 AM

It's been crazy!!!!

Nice job plumber!

Oh CHIT!! Soo sorry. that royally sux.  Definitely go to do your tri. With every stroke, peddle and step you are stomping that plumber! You will get rid of lots of stress that way. And the scary look on your face will keep other racers away!

No doubt!  Oddly enough, as stressful as it has been, I'm feeling oddly peaceful.  I guess that one can achieve zen through disaster overload?

2010-04-20 10:01 AM
in reply to: #2803880

User image

Expert
Illinois
bigr82 - 2010-04-20 9:19 AM Yes sorry to hear about the house, hopefully you can get everything taken care of!!!!   I wore my new tri suit last night for my bike ride.  Big ole 6'8 guy cruising the town on his goofy looking bike(blue) with a black & neon green tri suit with a huge gator head on the back  O YA

Soooo....are you wearing the gator head on Sunday?
2010-04-20 10:19 AM

Veteran
Well yes I will be in the tri suit & it will have the big gator on the back(team logo)
2010-04-20 10:34 AM
in reply to: #2804066

User image

Champion
Bronze member
bigr82 - 2010-04-20 11:19 AM Well yes I will be in the tri suit & it will have the big gator on the back(team logo)

Of course you will be sending photos, right?
2010-04-20 10:43 AM
in reply to: #2804066

User image

Expert
Illinois
bigr82 - 2010-04-20 10:19 AM Well yes I will be in the tri suit & it will have the big gator on the back(team logo)

Awesome, that will give me something to look for!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » The Ghoulie Mentor Group - Full Rss Feed  

of 56