BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TriAya (Yanti) and lmscozz (Lynn), Manatee Mentors--FULL! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 60

2010-05-14 12:09 PM
in reply to: #2859044

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Subject: RE: TriAya (Yanti) and lmscozz (Lynn), Manatee Mentors--FULL!
Thanks I will look into that one. I may be doing one in Ohio that weekend but I am undecided if I want to drive that far.  I sent you a PM Allison about parking for the 5k next Sat.
Hope your husband feels better soon.  Don't forget to relax a bit too if you can.

2010-05-14 12:13 PM
in reply to: #2859044

User image

Master
Vista, CA

Hang in there Allison! I looked at the Lake Geneva HIM info. Sounds like a laid back tri, if there is such a thing. I'm in agreement with everyone else as far as GO FOR IT! I think your run training and tri training really work well together, especially if you use your bikes and swims as recovery after your runs. Would you be able to drop back down to the oly if you didn't feel up to the HIM when the date got closer?

Have  great weekend everyone!!  Saw that rain on the news in Chicago..ick! Hope it dries up for you all.

2010-05-16 6:33 PM
in reply to: #2771857

User image

Veteran
Greensburg, PA
I hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend.  I had a long bike planned for today.  But, my husband had to go work on the race car, so I ended up mowing the grass.  4 hours later, I didn't really feel like going on that bike ride.  I know that life gets in the way sometimes, but I still feel disappointed in myself.  But the way I felt, there was no way that bike ride could happen!  I was thinking that I would make up for it with a nice ride next weekend, until my husband reminded me that we would not be home next weekend - we are going to Charlotte.  Hm, I guess I will try to do my best during the week - even though they are calling for rain all week!!  It's not supposed to rain every day in May - that should have been in April!!!

Quincy, how was the race?  Hope you had fun!

Have a great week!

Karen

2010-05-17 9:47 AM
in reply to: #2861936

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Karen, sorry your plans were thwarted.  My Sunday swim was also rained out.  Ugh.

I did race on Saturday.  Here's the report:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=208371&posts=2&start=1

Busy week, again, but will get back on track tomorrow and will be back here in force on Wed.
2010-05-17 11:33 AM
in reply to: #2863020

User image

Master
dinabean - 2010-05-17 9:47 AM Karen, sorry your plans were thwarted.  My Sunday swim was also rained out.  Ugh.

I did race on Saturday.  Here's the report:

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=208371&posts=2&start=1

Busy week, again, but will get back on track tomorrow and will be back here in force on Wed.

Great RR!  I can see how it would be hard to keep your composure seeing all of the memories that other folks are dealing with along with your own.  Great job!
2010-05-17 11:37 AM

User image

Master
Hope everyone had a good weekend. 

I got in my long ride on Saturday.  It rainded part of the time, but overall it was an awesome ride.  Top 10 in my book for sure.

Satruday evening I walked with a team (The Pooh Diddy Committee) that my Mother and I put together for Crohns and Colitis (she suffered from ulcerative colitis).  This was the first year to have the walk in Little Rock.  They were expecting about 300 walkers and set a goal of $30,000.  They had over 1700 walkers show up and raised over $70,000 for CCFA.  It was pretty amazing.  They are diseases that aren't talked about much, so there isn't much awareness.  Walks like this should help

2010-05-17 2:18 PM
in reply to: #2863408

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
That's an awesome result from your walk Carla!  Congratulations on having so many people come out to participate and to raise so much $.
2010-05-17 2:22 PM
in reply to: #2863846

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Allison - Do want me to mail you a parking pass for this Sat? If so I can send it out in the mail tomorrow morning.  If not I can try to help you with some parking directions. There is usually plenty of street parking in our neighborhood although you have to pay ($1/hour I think) and there are usually time limits of 2 hours.  I sent you a PM too.
2010-05-17 4:15 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago-ish
I just replied to your PM Ryan.

Carla, that is an amazing turnout for a first time event!

Dineen, you write awesome race reports.  I don't think I could have gotten through a race that was that emotionally charged for me.  I'm actually a little nervous about doing the race with Ryan's team this weekend because it touches close to home.

My training the last two days has felt awful.  I can't find my rhythm in anything so my breathing is off and I just wanted to quit everything.  I'm not planning a rest day until Friday so hopefully I'll be able to muddle through until then.  
2010-05-17 4:36 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Carla, that's really awesome! 

You Chicagoans, have a good race this weekend.

And thanks re the RR -- I do basically write for a living, so I have a bit of an advantage in that area.  But you're still makin' me blush!
2010-05-17 7:47 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Long Island, NY
Dineen- enjoyed the RR.  

Carla- That's great to raise that much money for awareness.  Especially since it was well beyond what they were expecting to race.  

How many Chicago peeps are in this group??  Seems like a lot.  Am I the only NYer?  
Had a good training weekend this weekend.  I am not a morning person, but for some reason I am enjoying the quiet time I have waking up early to train on the weekends.  My ride on Saturday was very windy.  I followed it up with a 2 mile run right off the bike.  Then a nice 5 mile run on Sunday.  Today was a day off and tomorrow I will be at Masters swim in the evening.   I am debating a local 5K this coming sunday. I am scheduled for a 20 mile ride sat morn and 5 mile run sat afternoon, then a 10 mile bike on Sunday.  So I was thinking of holding off on the 5 mile run and doing the 5K sunday (running 1 mile warm up to race site) with an easy 10 mile bike in the afternoon BUT of course I scheduled my daughter's private swim lesson for Sunday at 11:30.  That would mean finishing the race, running back home 1 mile, shower at lightening speed to make it up to the aquatic center for my daughter's private lesson.  And I know I am not setting any PRs in the 5K- I just have not regained my speed yet.  So help me decide- do I do the race or pass?

2010-05-17 8:43 PM
in reply to: #2864558

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wesley Chapel, Florida
If not for my experience this past weekend, I would say do the race. But the race that I did on Saturday was cutting it close for kid activities, and I ended up being just so stressed out that I didn't enjoy the race as much as I wanted to.  The race started half an hour late, and so we ended up being late to soccer, at which I was scheduled to be snack Mom.  I was a type-A nervous wreck during that 30  minutes waiting for the race to hurry up and start because I had places to go!  I would have been a lot calmer just running the same mileage at home or at the Y and making it to soccer on time.  Alternatively -- can you reschedule the swim lesson for half an hour later to buy you wiggle room?

And you may well be the only currently-in-New Yorker, but we were neighbors once.    I am that special breed of New Yorker who has invaded Florida!
2010-05-17 9:46 PM
in reply to: #2864645

User image

Extreme Veteran
Long Island, NY
Dineen- We have friends that have relocated down there.  My sister had moved down there for a few yrs but missed NY so they are now back up here.  I know what you mean about stressing to make it to kids activities on time.  I don't think I can reschedule it because she books them in order of her availability and it took us forever to coordinate a time that we could both be free.  
2010-05-18 2:33 PM
in reply to: #2864753

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago

I think that we have at least 3 Chicago manatees in here.
Allison - I sent you the world's longest PM with directions...sorry. I hope that reading it does not cut into your training time Tongue out

Q & Allison - Do you two wanna meet up before and/or after the race?  If so we should probably pick a location. I am not sure if I will be carrying my cell with me that day but could pick it up from my condo afterwards if needed.

2010-05-18 5:34 PM
in reply to: #2866432

User image

Master
Vista, CA

Hey all, just checking in.

Laura, my take on the 5K, FWIW is, if it creates more stress than it alleviates then I don't do it. A few years ago I came to a realization about taking a yoga class at dinner time during the week. I would rush around and make sure the meal was prepared and animals were fed kid was doing or had done homework, and everything was right at home to rush to my yoga class to have some peace. Inevitably, I would be late and create a diversion there....just wasn't working. Of course, by the time I'd finished the yoga class I'd forgotten about all the chaos and stars aligning to get there. Hmmm...

Who's your official BT photographer for this 5K on Saturday? We definitely need pics. Maybe Marmadaddy would even put them up on the banner in rotation.

2010-05-18 6:45 PM

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp... />
Here's my race report folks!  Sorry I've been incommunicado!  Looking forward to catching up.  Ryan, let's definitely get together for pix, maybe breakfast?!?  Shall we meet afterwards?  I'll look at the map and see if we can come up with a sensible plan!

2010-05-18 9:27 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Q, great RR!  SSSTTTTUUUUUVVVVV.  Sorry, just couldn't stop going with the alphabet there.

Tonight was the last night of a class I am (was!) teaching at my church, and is it blasphemous to exclaim about how relieved I am it is over?  Hopefully, having an evening back will help with some of the craziness around these parts.
2010-05-19 8:53 AM
in reply to: #2866956

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
That race sounds like a riot Quincy! It def could be added to my "bucket list."  I sent you a PM about the 5k on Saturday.  We could definitely meet up for breakfast on Sat afterwards. Not sure where to meet before though. And who is taking pics? If we meet up for breakfast I could run home and grab my camera then.  Although I don't think our pics will be quite as exciting as yours from the Bay-to-Breakers race
2010-05-19 12:39 PM
in reply to: #2867841

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
blackledge - 2010-05-19 8:53 AM That race sounds like a riot Quincy! It def could be added to my "bucket list."  I sent you a PM about the 5k on Saturday.  We could definitely meet up for breakfast on Sat afterwards. Not sure where to meet before though. And who is taking pics? If we meet up for breakfast I could run home and grab my camera then.  Although I don't think our pics will be quite as exciting as yours from the Bay-to-Breakers race

I will have my iphone which takes great pix...we can just use that...and if our pix were that exciting in Chicago I think someone would go to jail... 
2010-05-19 12:47 PM
in reply to: #2864558

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
elbi999 - 2010-05-17 7:47 PM Dineen- enjoyed the RR.  

Carla- That's great to raise that much money for awareness.  Especially since it was well beyond what they were expecting to race.  

How many Chicago peeps are in this group??  Seems like a lot.  Am I the only NYer?  
Had a good training weekend this weekend.  I am not a morning person, but for some reason I am enjoying the quiet time I have waking up early to train on the weekends.  My ride on Saturday was very windy.  I followed it up with a 2 mile run right off the bike.  Then a nice 5 mile run on Sunday.  Today was a day off and tomorrow I will be at Masters swim in the evening.   I am debating a local 5K this coming sunday. I am scheduled for a 20 mile ride sat morn and 5 mile run sat afternoon, then a 10 mile bike on Sunday.  So I was thinking of holding off on the 5 mile run and doing the 5K sunday (running 1 mile warm up to race site) with an easy 10 mile bike in the afternoon BUT of course I scheduled my daughter's private swim lesson for Sunday at 11:30.  That would mean finishing the race, running back home 1 mile, shower at lightening speed to make it up to the aquatic center for my daughter's private lesson.  And I know I am not setting any PRs in the 5K- I just have not regained my speed yet.  So help me decide- do I do the race or pass?

Laura-

I am lazy and hate situations like that, so I would skip the race...

There are three chicago peeps in this group that I know of for sure.  There's another guy on this board who lives ONE block away from me...we've actually met in person.  His GF is also on BT.  I am convinced everyone in Chicago is either a triathlete or in a band.  Or both.  

2010-05-19 2:09 PM
in reply to: #2866956

User image

Master
quincyf - 2010-05-18 6:45 PM http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp... />
Here's my race report folks!  Sorry I've been incommunicado!  Looking forward to catching up.  Ryan, let's definitely get together for pix, maybe breakfast?!?  Shall we meet afterwards?  I'll look at the map and see if we can come up with a sensible plan!

Q - that was hilarious.  I so needed that this afternoon.  And, no one can ever tell you to HTFU...you ate pork tacos and Modelo for breakfast!  ...and then ran!  wow

2010-05-19 4:02 PM
in reply to: #2868943

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago-ish
While that is definitely something special, I'm not sure that HTFU is exactly it.  It might just be superhuman.  Seriously, I'd be puking.  A lot. 

Am I the only one who feels like my whole life is currently revolving around training?  I'm either trying to figure out how to squeeze a workout in, working out, or dissecting my last workout.  I have to really watch myself or it's all I talk about too.

I did a quick check and I know I'm not actually spending all my time on tri training.  My house is clean, my kids are fed/bathed/shuttled around, my husband is happy and I'm even somewhat caught up on my reading and television diversions.  It's just in my mind that I'm obsessed I guess.
2010-05-19 8:34 PM
in reply to: #2869301

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
thndrcloud - 2010-05-19 4:02 PM While that is definitely something special, I'm not sure that HTFU is exactly it.  It might just be superhuman.  Seriously, I'd be puking.  A lot. 

Am I the only one who feels like my whole life is currently revolving around training?  I'm either trying to figure out how to squeeze a workout in, working out, or dissecting my last workout.  I have to really watch myself or it's all I talk about too.

I did a quick check and I know I'm not actually spending all my time on tri training.  My house is clean, my kids are fed/bathed/shuttled around, my husband is happy and I'm even somewhat caught up on my reading and television diversions.  It's just in my mind that I'm obsessed I guess.

Haha, I agree it is not HTFU, more just silly.  And while I admit Modelo is not a sports drink, I have to defend my poor pork tacos.  In addition to being delish, they really did fill the bill for pre race food.  A little protein, a little carb, not too much fiber.  Maybe I'm onto something here.  Oh who am I kidding, I'll be doing my tsp of PB on a mini bagel come Saturday morning...

And Alison, I weird myself out sometimes too...especially when I MISS days...my dysfunction comes into pretty sharp focus then...I get all angsty and whiny.  But, I was just thinking today that I am so lucky and thankful that I have found something so positive, fun, and healthy (Modelo days excepted) to be my hobby.  So maybe we're mistaking obsession for passion!  WDYT?

On a much more serious note, on my bike ride this morning, I saw two wet suited swimmers surveying the scene at Ohio St.  Holy Cow, time to HTFU and go for a swim.  BRRR!  Oh yea, and it was just as cold in SFO and I swear I saw dozens of swimmers at their tri-beach too.  I was all idol-worshipy when I saw them...WOW!
2010-05-19 8:37 PM
in reply to: #2868943

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
crews - 2010-05-19 2:09 PM  
Q - that was hilarious.  I so needed that this afternoon.  And, no one can ever tell you to HTFU...you ate pork tacos and Modelo for breakfast!  ...and then ran!  wow

Nothing makes me happier than making someone laugh...except making someone who NEEDED it laugh!  I aim to please... 
2010-05-20 9:46 AM
in reply to: #2869786

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago

Swimming at Ohio St beach (Lake Michigan) already?  Well it is supposed to be in the 70s/80s this weekend so at least I would be warm exiting the water. The question is if I have enough courage to put my bare face, feet, and hands in the water?!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TriAya (Yanti) and lmscozz (Lynn), Manatee Mentors--FULL! Rss Feed  

of 60