of 48

2013-04-09 10:11 AM
in reply to: #4692978

User image

Champion
SoCal
Subject: RE: 'The' Gun Thread
Left Brain - 2013-04-09 8:03 AM

Exactly, because I don't like the silliness that her and others bring to the table, expecially in light of an accident in which a child shot his mother.  Who the hell does that?  What kind of person takes an accident like that and adds snarky comments? 

Yeah, you're damn right......I keep it up.

So when someone acts in a manner you do not like you retaliate in the same manner in which you disagreed with in the first place?

Sounds odd to me.

2013-04-09 10:20 AM
in reply to: #4643301

User image

Champion
PA
I think it has become apparent that it is the right approach Appa.  The so-called "high road" is the path of least resistance and as a result of decades of being passive, our rights have erroded.  It is time for the LB approach to beat these misguided folks back.
2013-04-09 10:21 AM
in reply to: #4643301

User image

Champion
Chicago
I just wonder where the parents were. Tragic.
2013-04-09 10:25 AM
in reply to: #4693010

User image

Champion
SoCal

Pector55 - 2013-04-09 8:20 AM I think it has become apparent that it is the right approach Appa.  The so-called "high road" is the path of least resistance and as a result of decades of being passive, our rights have erroded.  It is time for the LB approach to beat these misguided folks back.

Couldn’t disagree more. Being passive and not being a troll on a message board are two totally different things. I think reason and facts should win out not who can get the most emotional and yell the loudest.

2013-04-09 10:26 AM
in reply to: #4693020

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Big Appa - 2013-04-09 11:25 AM

Pector55 - 2013-04-09 8:20 AM I think it has become apparent that it is the right approach Appa.  The so-called "high road" is the path of least resistance and as a result of decades of being passive, our rights have erroded.  It is time for the LB approach to beat these misguided folks back.

Couldn’t disagree more. Being passive and not being a troll on a message board are two totally different things. I think reason and facts should win out not who can get the most emotional and yell the loudest.

Right on brother, right on...
2013-04-09 10:29 AM
in reply to: #4692990

User image

Pro
Big Appa - 2013-04-09 10:11 AM

Exactly, because I don't like the silliness that her and others bring to the table, expecially in light of an accident in which a child shot his mother.  Who the hell does that?  What kind of person takes an accident like that and adds snarky comments? 

So when someone acts in a manner you do not like you retaliate in the same manner in which you disagreed with in the first place?

Sounds odd to me.

Where did I make any snarky comment regarding the accidental shooting?  Where?  My comments are directed at Tealeaf and her continued approach in using single incidents, diluted with her spin that comes complete with made up garbage.

Yep, as Spector said, I'm tired of it....we all should be....it's a load of bullcrap that we, as gun owners, should no longer allow to go on without calling it what it is.

2013-04-09 10:29 AM
in reply to: #4693010

User image

Elite

Pector55 - 2013-04-09 9:20 AM I think it has become apparent that it is the right approach Appa.  The so-called "high road" is the path of least resistance and as a result of decades of being passive, our rights have erroded.  It is time for the LB approach to beat these misguided folks back.

And that is exactly where I'm at. I've said it plenty... I do not have a problem with universal background checks... but universal back ground checks isn't the end, it's the beginnning. gun control advocates do not want less crime, less violence, or less accident. they want less guns...meaning no guns. so their solutions to problems are not solutions to problems, they are nothing more than using any thing they can to advancing their agenda to get rid of guns.

Again, if that's what you want, that's fine, just begin a honest movement to repeal the 2A and we can vote on it. But until then, meaningful solutions to crime and violence go by the way side because they are so focused on getting rid of guns. Hence the compelety ridiculous effort to outlaw a "type" of gun responsible for 1% of the problem.

And the equally ridiculous use of a tragic event to highlight a "type" of accidental death that is responsible for .0047% of all accidental deaths.

But ya... let's just ignor that and keep giving into their ridiculous demands and illogical arguments for why I do not get the choice to exercise a right.

2013-04-09 10:30 AM

User image

Champion
PA
Big Appa - 2013-04-09 11:25 AM

Reason and facts?  Look a Piers Morgan.  He has had reason and facts in front of him for a long time but he continues his idiocy.  No, seriously, he needs punched in the face and beat to a pulp.  Reason and facts mean nothing to some people.

2013-04-09 10:32 AM

User image

Pro
Big Appa - 2013-04-09 10:25 AM

A troll? My posts?  No, Appa, a troll post is one like Tealeaf put up.  It has nothing to do with the context of what is being discussed, and contains information/comments that are blantantly made up in order to charge the discussion.

2013-04-09 10:44 AM
in reply to: #4693031

User image

Champion
SoCal
powerman - 2013-04-09 8:29 AM

Pector55 - 2013-04-09 9:20 AM I think it has become apparent that it is the right approach Appa.  The so-called "high road" is the path of least resistance and as a result of decades of being passive, our rights have erroded.  It is time for the LB approach to beat these misguided folks back.

And that is exactly where I'm at. I've said it plenty... I do not have a problem with universal background checks... but universal back ground checks isn't the end, it's the beginnning. gun control advocates do not want less crime, less violence, or less accident. they want less guns...meaning no guns. so their solutions to problems are not solutions to problems, they are nothing more than using any thing they can to advancing their agenda to get rid of guns.

Again, if that's what you want, that's fine, just begin a honest movement to repeal the 2A and we can vote on it. But until then, meaningful solutions to crime and violence go by the way side because they are so focused on getting rid of guns. Hence the compelety ridiculous effort to outlaw a "type" of gun responsible for 1% of the problem.

And the equally ridiculous use of a tragic event to highlight a "type" of accidental death that is responsible for .0047% of all accidental deaths.

But ya... let's just ignor that and keep giving into their ridiculous demands and illogical arguments for why I do not get the choice to exercise a right.

I agree with everything you said but on a Tri forum talking about guns and someone disagrees with me I wish to see their points of view and discuss it while I use my vote to keep my rights.

Ok basic point I am getting at if I saw my kids arguing in this manor no matter the subject I would teach them the correct way to debate or discuss. So if I think my kids shouldn't do it I think I should act the same way but lead by example even when on a message board they will never read.

2013-04-09 10:46 AM
in reply to: #4693030

User image

Champion
Left Brain - 2013-04-09 11:29 AM

Sounds odd to me.

Where did I make any snarky comment regarding the accidental shooting?  Where?  My comments are directed at Tealeaf and her continued approach in using single incidents, diluted with her spin that comes complete with made up garbage.

Yep, as Spector said, I'm tired of it....we all should be....it's a load of bullcrap that we, as gun owners, should no longer allow to go on without calling it what it is.

Blah, blah, blah BOLDED STUFF blah, blah ,blah. Read that verbiage: This is the issue I take with the tone of your replies. Please quit attacking peoples OPINIONS. Feel free to state yours but don't belittle mine nor me.

2013-04-09 10:52 AM
in reply to: #4693031

User image

Champion
Chicago
powerman - 2013-04-09 10:29 AM

Power, that's painting with a pretty broad brush isn't it?

I'm a gun control advocate and I want less crime, less violence and fewer accidents. I am for universal background checks and punishments for things just like this incident. I am not for eliminating guns completely, I am for responsible ownership, and if you prove you can't be trusted with a gun (like the guy in this story who left it lying around) then you should be convicted of a crime with one of the consequences being that you lose your right to bear arms. He would then lose his job and have his guns confiscated. All rights come with restrictions. The right to bear and have arms should be no different.
2013-04-09 10:53 AM
in reply to: #4693072

User image

Champion
PA
Big Appa - 2013-04-09 11:44 AM

I agree with everything you said but on a Tri forum talking about guns and someone disagrees with me I wish to see their points of view and discuss it while I use my vote to keep my rights.

Ok basic point I am getting at if I saw my kids arguing in this manor no matter the subject I would teach them the correct way to debate or discuss. So if I think my kids shouldn't do it I think I should act the same way but lead by example even when on a message board they will never read.

I agree with you on all topics except when we beging discussing rights.  Rights are not debated.  Rights are fought for tooth and nail.  Good men and women died for those rights and people should not be able to take them away without facing some serious opposition.   

2013-04-09 10:56 AM
in reply to: #4693105

User image

Champion
Pector55 - 2013-04-09 11:53 AM

I agree with you on all topics except when we beging discussing rights.  Rights are not debated.  Rights are fought for tooth and nail.  Good men and women died for those rights and people should not be able to take them away without facing some serious opposition.   

Do you share the same passion for the demand that a voter show identification or pass a poll tax or test? Those ideas, in your home state of PA, have gained significant traction yet voting is a birthright?
2013-04-09 10:57 AM
in reply to: #4693102

User image

Champion
PA
mr2tony - 2013-04-09 11:52 AM
powerman - 2013-04-09 10:29 AM

Power, that's painting with a pretty broad brush isn't it? I'm a gun control advocate and I want less crime, less violence and fewer accidents. I am for universal background checks and punishments for things just like this incident. I am not for eliminating guns completely, I am for responsible ownership, and if you prove you can't be trusted with a gun (like the guy in this story who left it lying around) then you should be convicted of a crime with one of the consequences being that you lose your right to bear arms. He would then lose his job and have his guns confiscated. All rights come with restrictions. The right to bear and have arms should be no different.

So Tony, can you elaborate on what you just said?  I don't want to hit you with the same "broad brush" comment before giving you an opportunity to clarify.

When a person has an auto accident, do you believe they should have their license and automobiles confiscated and refused the priviledge to ever drive again?  After all, that is dangerous and nobody has a right to drive in the first place.

2013-04-09 11:04 AM
in reply to: #4693105

User image

Champion
SoCal
Pector55 - 2013-04-09 8:53 AM

I agree with you but I just don't see yelling over a Tri message board as fighting tooth and nail. I think giving real ideas to think on to people who might normaly would not would be a much better use of my time to help in persrving my rights in this situation.

2013-04-09 11:06 AM
in reply to: #4693130

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Big Appa - 2013-04-09 11:04 AM
Pector55 - 2013-04-09 8:53 AM

I agree with you but I just don't see yelling over a Tri message board as fighting tooth and nail. I think giving real ideas to think on to people who might normaly would not would be a much better use of my time to help in persrving my rights in this situation.

No, YOU started it!!

2013-04-09 11:07 AM
in reply to: #4693030

User image

Sneaky Slow
Herndon, VA,
Subject: RE: 'The' Pro-Gun Thread

Sounds odd to me.

Meh... you only get worked up when the spin conflicts with what you believe. Like the picture of Edge that was posted here with the "... said no criminal, ever." That's just as much "made up garbage" and unprovable as anything I've said or posted, yet I don't see the same level of protest from you.

2013-04-09 11:08 AM
in reply to: #4693115

User image

Champion
Lost in the Luminiferous Aether
pitt83 - 2013-04-09 11:56 AM

Do you share the same passion for the demand that a voter show identification or pass a poll tax or test? Those ideas, in your home state of PA, have gained significant traction yet voting is a birthright?

Lumping these two things together is going overboard.  If I have to prove I am who I say I am, much less undergo a back ground check, before I may excercise my 2A rights, why shouldn't you be made to prove your identity before exercising your right to vote.  Shall we do a backbround check on anyone who wants to vote before they are allowed to obtain a ballot?  This is the same argument that goes on again and again and again.  Compare apples to apples and think about putting the same restrictions on your rights to free speach, or the right to vote, or any of your other rights as you want to on the 2A and see how "reasonable" it sounds to you.

2013-04-09 11:13 AM
in reply to: #4693079

User image

Pro
pitt83 - 2013-04-09 10:46 AM

Sounds odd to me.

Blah, blah, blah BOLDED STUFF blah, blah ,blah. Read that verbiage: This is the issue I take with the tone of your replies. Please quit attacking peoples OPINIONS. Feel free to state yours but don't belittle mine nor me.

The second bolded part goes for you too, and your made up innuendo that alcohol was involved in the accident. How dare you.  I think it's nothing short of dispicable to make those comments based on NOTHING except your conjecture and need to try to further your agenda, which continues to lack facts.

2013-04-09 11:15 AM
in reply to: #4693138

User image

Champion
trinnas - 2013-04-09 12:08 PM

Lumping these two things together is going overboard.  If I have to prove I am who I say I am, much less undergo a back ground check, before I may excercise my 2A rights, why shouldn't you be made to prove your identity before exercising your right to vote.  Shall we do a backbround check on anyone who wants to vote before they are allowed to obtain a ballot?  This is the same argument that goes on again and again and again.  Compare apples to apples and think about putting the same restrictions on your rights to free speach, or the right to vote, or any of your other rights as you want to on the 2A and see how "reasonable" it sounds to you.

I see 2A as the least restricted. You don't have to undergo a background check. You can easily go to a gun show or private sale and, voila, no restrictions or checks and balance. Pector claims he's in to fight for liberalization of all constitutional and bill of rights. Yet showing an ID to vote erodes a fundamental right. The same as a background check or magazine size erodes that 2A right.

2013-04-09 11:18 AM
in reply to: #4693150

User image

Champion
SoCal

pitt83 - 2013-04-09 9:15 AM  I see 2A as the least restricted. You don't have to undergo a background check. You can easily go to a gun show or private sale and, voila, no restrictions or checks and balance. Pector claims he's in to fight for liberalization of all constitutional and bill of rights. Yet showing an ID to vote erodes a fundamental right. The same as a background check or magazine size erodes that 2A right.

In some states not all.

I am ok wtih back ground checks for firearms and I'm ok for showing an ID for voting.

Edited by Big Appa 2013-04-09 11:21 AM
2013-04-09 11:21 AM
in reply to: #4693157

User image

Champion
Big Appa - 2013-04-09 12:18 PM

pitt83 - 2013-04-09 9:15 AM  I see 2A as the least restricted. You don't have to undergo a background check. You can easily go to a gun show or private sale and, voila, no restrictions or checks and balance. Pector claims he's in to fight for liberalization of all constitutional and bill of rights. Yet showing an ID to vote erodes a fundamental right. The same as a background check or magazine size erodes that 2A right.

In some states not all.

That too is something I don't understand the rationale for and take exception to. OK, Connecticut just passed some restrictive gun laws. May I simply drive 15 minutes to Rhode Island and skirt my state laws? Doesn't this beg for federal, universal standards? If not; why not?
2013-04-09 11:26 AM
in reply to: #4693150

User image

Champion
Lost in the Luminiferous Aether
pitt83 - 2013-04-09 12:15 PM

I see 2A as the least restricted. You don't have to undergo a background check. You can easily go to a gun show or private sale and, voila, no restrictions or checks and balance. Pector claims he's in to fight for liberalization of all constitutional and bill of rights. Yet showing an ID to vote erodes a fundamental right. The same as a background check or magazine size erodes that 2A right.

But see here again Pitt we have equating showing an ID with a much more invasive check aka a background check.  Compare apples to apples.  Should you have to undergo a background check before we will allow you to obtain a ballot?

2013-04-09 11:27 AM
in reply to: #4693138

User image

Champion
PA

Completely beat me to it. 

I have no issue with background checks.  In PA they talk about a "gunshow loophole" but it does not exist.  Vendors all do background checks as required by law.  The only way people can transfer guns without a background check in PA is through a face to face transfer of long guns (no handguns allowed).  Now, what I would like to see in any "universal background check" bill is an amendment making it unlawful for any state or federal agency to retain the records of the transaction and 2, I want an amendment requiring law enforcement to follow up on all failed checks. 

In the state of PA, most gun owners on a popular gun owner forum will request to see a state drivers license and a current LTCF or recent purchase receipt to validate that you can legally purchase the firearm.  The biggest problem we face in PA is that handgun transfers go through NICs and PICs (PA version of the background check).  The state maintains this information in a database.  When they encounter someone with a firearm, they run it against this database.  However, this results in a hassle for gun owners because the database is incomplete.  It is illegal for the state to have a database but when challenged in court, they got away with it because the state maintained that it not a complete database.  It's utter nonesense but it gives a good vision into why I want there to be no permanent record at a state level.  Also, with the irresponsibility media outlets have shown with publishing permit holders in some states, I do not trust that someone will not gain access to this data and do it on a wider scale.  Bottom line is that I purchase my stuff legally and it's nobody's business as to what I own.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » 'The' Gun Thread Rss Feed  

of 48