BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation/Accountability Society 3 - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 59

2014-01-22 9:23 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta
Subject: RE: Beer Drinker Appreciation/Accountability Society 3 - Closed

Edited by thor67 2014-01-22 9:23 AM

2014-01-22 9:45 AM
in reply to: thor67

User image

Lansing, Michigan

Originally posted by thor67

Click on the quote button(grey) to include post responding to.

Inspires...click on the persons name and a dropdown menu will show up. Click on training log.

click on the day you want to write an inspire to some such as"Get off your a$$ and run" or "start drinking the coors lite you lazy so and so"

You will see new inspires sent to you in the top right hand  corner of the screen.

When replying to an inspire MAKE SURE you hit the RED REPLY button so it will show up in the other persons new inspires. If not the only way that person will read it is if he is on your training log and reads your inspires. 

Note: everyone has access to read anyones inspires.

Cheers!

Originally posted by ervaller

I have a few questions

How do I get my posts to include the one that I'm responding too?

What is an inspire me? How Do I send them?

Thank you 

2014-01-22 10:33 AM

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Originally posted by thor67

As we move closer to February, I am sure we have all picked out our "A" races...right? For those new to the sport, an "A" race is basically the race you are training for. All other races are secondary. You will basically work back from that date with any training plan you have. In the interest of support and helping out we should add a permanent box in the google docs(David) or you can add to you signature as I have(I think). Even better would be to add all your planned races in the google docs....just sayin'!

Cheers!

You can add all your planned races here on BT, just make a "draft" race report and it will show up on your BT workout calendar as a "green" day.

2014-01-22 12:11 PM
in reply to: Qua17

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
16/31--2150yds in the pool Shelia T week 2-1 workout. Once again, she does not disappoint...I think I'm beginning to feel the catch too!
2014-01-22 12:57 PM

User image

Expert
Tomorrow let's check in with each other to see how everyone is doing on their goals.

Let me throw out a topic of the week - What's a feature on BT that you think everyone should know about? As I have said many times before - BT can be extremely useful in helping you to accomplish your fitness goals. But what makes the sight so great is how powerful it is. I've used it for three years - but I am always finding new things to use to keep me motivated. So, let's spend sometime talking about BT and what makes it useful.

2014-01-22 1:13 PM

User image

Expert
One of my favorite functions on BT is the ability to keep track of your personal bests. You will find in the My Profile section which you can access in the drop down menu beside your name in the upper right corner. To enter them - just click on the edit your profile.

Let's say you want to keep track of your PR's for a sprint or an olympic or how quickly you could swim a mile - this is where you would do this. I love using this because it helps me see how far I have come or how much faster I have gotten. You can put in what ever day you want - you could even keep track of how long its been since you had a Coors Light Penalty.

2014-01-22 3:02 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cape Coral, FL
Well 2014 is not starting out like I had hoped. I will be lucky to squeeze in the 20 workouts. The pool is closed all this week due to the water being under 70 degrees. Not being able to run and no swim means not much to do but PT and ride. I am just going to chalk up Jan to a rest month (yes I said month not week ) and hit it hard come Feb. Not a big deal since I have no off season and have hit it hard for the past 12 months. I'm not to worried since I should be back in the water next week and have the century coming up this weekend. I plan to be very conservative when planning next weeks goals.

Edited by Burd 2014-01-22 3:02 PM
2014-01-22 3:55 PM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Originally posted by drfoodlove

16/31--2150yds in the pool Shelia T week 2-1 workout. Once again, she does not disappoint...I think I'm beginning to feel the catch too!

I haven't started her workouts yet (next week!) but I have been working on my high elbow catch this week. Whew, my shoulders are feeling the 1400m I did in the pool today!

2014-01-22 4:25 PM

User image

New user
Madrid
Originally posted by Qua17

Brad:

Thanks for your willingness to take a took at the resume/cover letter

Here are the links:

The cover letter is a good doc - so you can access the letter via this link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1crYEKvr5kocysS4K5zQo1NLThLPzFG_1...

The resume is a word doc - you can download the document if you want to check the format
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9f3WryluKZeZEhhYkI2bVIyMDg/edit?us...

If anyone else wants to play teacher - I would be extremely grateful to know that I have caught all the stupid grammar/spelling errors before I post them on Friday.

Just think of all the toys I will be able to buy myself once I get a teaching job!

After reading your CV, I wish you would look for a job in Spain and be the history teacher of my kids! Good luck with your interviews!
2014-01-22 5:32 PM
in reply to: Juancho

User image

Expert
21/31

Had a good ride tonight on the drainer. Proud to report that tonight's distance pushed me over the top for biggest month since December 2012, And with 9 workout days left to go - I am fairly certain that I'm going to have on of best months ever. So, tonight when I go to bed, I will be saying a prayer of thanks for my PT and for the Coors light which motivates me.

Thanks for the support.
2014-01-22 5:38 PM
in reply to: Juancho

User image

Expert
Originally posted by Juancho

Brad:

Here are the links:

The cover letter is a good doc - so you can access the letter via this link https://docs.google.com/document/d/1crYEKvr5kocysS4K5zQo1NLThLPzFG_1...

The resume is a word doc - you can download the document if you want to check the format

If anyone else wants to play teacher - I would be extremely grateful to know that I have caught all the stupid grammar/spelling errors before I post them on Friday.

Just think of all the toys I will be able to buy myself once I get a teaching job!

After reading your CV, I wish you would look for a job in Spain and be the history teacher of my kids! Good luck with your interviews!

Juan - where do you live in Spain? My wife would love to live in Europe. I could teach at an international school and we could go for rides together.

2014-01-23 6:57 AM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
Originally posted by MOlsen

I haven't started her workouts yet (next week!) but I have been working on my high elbow catch this week. Whew, my shoulders are feeling the 1400m I did in the pool today!

Just wait...you ain't seen nuttin yet! After the second workout I had to swim to the ladder to get out of the pool. I didn't have enough strength left to pull myself out. I love it!
2014-01-23 6:59 AM

User image

Carbondale, Illinois
17/31--short run and ST session this morning.

Busy day at work today and then "date afternoon" with my wife. I have a trainer ride and yoga scheduled for this evening...more ILT.
2014-01-23 7:02 AM

User image

Lansing, Michigan

22/31 I had a good ride on the trainer last night and then a swim this morning. This was only my 3rd time in the pool so far with this training cycle and its still rough. The stroke is fine but man my endurance is not even close to where I want it to be. My official training plan starts on Feb 3rd. My goal is to be able to swim a 500 uninterrupted by then. I've got a ways to go. 

2014-01-23 10:06 AM
in reply to: ervaller

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

22/31 I had a good ride on the trainer last night and then a swim this morning. This was only my 3rd time in the pool so far with this training cycle and its still rough. The stroke is fine but man my endurance is not even close to where I want it to be. My official training plan starts on Feb 3rd. My goal is to be able to swim a 500 uninterrupted by then. I've got a ways to go. 

I find swimming the toughest to get back. You use so many muscles. Stop while joggging...you stand. You stop when swimming....you drown. 

You will be fine with some swim workout consisitency.

2014-01-23 10:07 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

23/31. 

Run and swim for tomorrow.

2014-01-23 10:32 AM

User image

Veteran
Illinois
Vacation time! Or, rather, stay-cation time. I'm thinking lobster ravioli dinner tonight, because, well, I have the time . . .and I'm finally going to change that light bulb in my basement stairway, which requires me to bring my extension ladder into my house, since it's 18' off the ground.

Crushing it in the pool - well, for me anyway. I saw a 54 second 50, and a few sub-2:00 100s, and a lot of it is just finally clicking. One of the coaches, who I haven't seen in four months, actually stopped me to compliment my improvement.

Not a lot else going on. Went to the Museum of Science and Industry and then went to a hot dog stand near where I grew up - revisiting childhood is fun sometimes.
2014-01-23 10:56 AM
in reply to: mirthfuldragon

User image

Lansing, Michigan

Originally posted by mirthfuldragon Vacation time! Or, rather, stay-cation time. I'm thinking lobster ravioli dinner tonight, because, well, I have the time . . .and I'm finally going to change that light bulb in my basement stairway, which requires me to bring my extension ladder into my house, since it's 18' off the ground. Crushing it in the pool - well, for me anyway. I saw a 54 second 50, and a few sub-2:00 100s, and a lot of it is just finally clicking. One of the coaches, who I haven't seen in four months, actually stopped me to compliment my improvement. Not a lot else going on. Went to the Museum of Science and Industry and then went to a hot dog stand near where I grew up - revisiting childhood is fun sometimes.

I just signed up for the Spartan Super in September 27th.  It will be a nice change up from the Tri.  Want to join us. It looks like its in your neck of the woods.

2725 E 2625th Rd
Marseilles, IL 61341

2014-01-23 11:34 AM

User image

Expert
Here are 2 more BT features I love:

1) I love the fact that you can see your upcoming races in your log. That way - every time you post a workout - you can see what youre working for. And - you can also connect with other BT members who are doing the race and stay in the loop about race details and what other people are doing to get ready for it.

2) I love the fact that you can track your training over time. If you go to your log and click on My Training Reports, which you will find at the top of the page, you can see your progress over time.
2014-01-23 11:38 AM
in reply to: mirthfuldragon

User image

Extreme Veteran
Alberta

Originally posted by mirthfuldragon Vacation time! Or, rather, stay-cation time. I'm thinking lobster ravioli dinner tonight, because, well, I have the time . . .and I'm finally going to change that light bulb in my basement stairway, which requires me to bring my extension ladder into my house, since it's 18' off the ground. Crushing it in the pool - well, for me anyway. I saw a 54 second 50, and a few sub-2:00 100s, and a lot of it is just finally clicking. One of the coaches, who I haven't seen in four months, actually stopped me to compliment my improvement. Not a lot else going on. Went to the Museum of Science and Industry and then went to a hot dog stand near where I grew up - revisiting childhood is fun sometimes.

What time should we all be over for supper??

Nice job on the swimming!

2014-01-23 11:44 AM

User image

Expert
23/31 - just doing what I can to keep up with Thor...

My run was decent - although I absolutely hate running on the treadmill. I figured out a way to get my music and my metronome to plan at the same time, and I feel like I am getting better about hitting my marks in terms of stride rate. I think the pain I felt last week was a result of my trying to go from 0-60 in 1 week. So, right now I'm running at 160 and I will try to up it by 1 step per minute every week. I should be able to make it to 180 by the time my first race roll around in May.

My swim was alright as well but I am still fighting the pain in my right shoulder . Once again - being overly agressive has hurt me - litterally... and I need to remember that I need to stick to the plan. Hopefully, if I can get in one more swim on Saturday - then I could take 2-3 days to rest up and be good to go for next week.

How is everyone doing on their goals?

2014-01-23 11:49 AM
in reply to: drfoodlove

User image

Expert

17/31--short run and ST session this morning.

Busy day at work today and then "date afternoon" with my wife. I have a trainer ride and yoga scheduled for this evening...more ILT.

Nice work on getting in the double today - especially considering you had to proof read my resume twice!! Hope you had a nice date!
2014-01-23 11:54 AM

User image

Expert

Eric - nice job on getting in the ride and the swim! It's rough starting out but the endurance in the pool will come and hitting 500 in 2 and a half weeks is doable. Right now - your are just getting your body ready for swimming so there is no need to worry about the pace. As DH - the founder of the group once said, "slow is smooth and smooth is fast".
2014-01-23 1:37 PM

User image

Lansing, Michigan

Eric - nice job on getting in the ride and the swim! It's rough starting out but the endurance in the pool will come and hitting 500 in 2 and a half weeks is doable. Right now - your are just getting your body ready for swimming so there is no need to worry about the pace. As DH - the founder of the group once said, "slow is smooth and smooth is fast".

Its a metal issue. I swam in High School and was pretty good. But gone are the days of 25 second 50's and 100x100 training afternoons. I need to reset my expectations for a swimmer that 20 years older and just a few lbs heavier.  But I should float better right

2014-01-23 2:13 PM

User image

New user
Madrid

Originally posted by Juancho

Brad:

Here are the links:

Juan - where do you live in Spain? My wife would love to live in Europe. I could teach at an international school and we could go for rides together.

Madrid, that´s my town. My kids go to an international school and would love to have triathlete-history teacher. Great rides around the city, mountains not far away...but not so many small breweries to enjoy (yet). This is a wine country!
Tonight 50min spinning, as on Tuesday. After reading this group's hard training, my plans are 2000m swim for tomorrow, 12k run on Sat and 2h ride if not raining on Sunday. January is almost gone, season is approaching!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beer Drinker Appreciation/Accountability Society 3 - Closed Rss Feed  

of 59

RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 2, 2010
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Discussions on balanced meals, recommended amount of protein, losing weight for an Ironman, is pizza good? and beer as a recovery drink.

date : March 4, 2008
author : ahilden
comments : 1
Four months ago I set upon a journey to train for and complete a triathlon, and a few Sundays back I raced in the Blue Water Triathlon in Parker, Arizona.
date : April 2, 2006
author : AMSSM
The weather is warming and the season is getting started for many triathletes. Keep these tips in mind to avoid heat cramps, exhaustion and stroke.

date : April 2, 2006
I am a 36 y/o male and this will be my fifth season doing triathlons. I have noticed that whenever I run for any period of time over 40 minutes I get a "pins and needles" feeling in my right foot.
date : April 17, 2005
author : sekhmet
We live in a fast-paced society and gym time seems more of a chore than an escape. Rushing through a workout not only yields fewer results but makes athletes prime candidates for injury.

date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.
date : February 13, 2005
comments : 2
So how sick is too sick to train? The American Medical Society for Sports Medicine answers just that and many other questions.

date : January 24, 2005
New athlete injury Q&A with the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.