BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 32

2014-03-16 11:20 AM
in reply to: tmoran80

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Subject: RE: TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED
Jeez Tim, go easy there! Glad you're on the mend. You'll be back at it in no time.

2:15 on the trainer yesterday, followed by a quick T run. I started late in the day so didn't get finished until 10:50pm. Will NOT be doing that again. I was pooped this am getting up for a 1:10 run. My legs were very heavy, so I found it hard to keep my HR in the required Z1, but it's done.

40 min ride later. I finally feel like I am really settling into a solid rhythm again! Also, I went back to logging my food and am down 6lbs. Only another 20 to go! :-/

2014-03-16 4:49 PM
in reply to: cheekymonkeys1

User image

Kenmore, Washington
I have neglected the bike to the point where my power output is pathetic. 120 watts sustained on a spinning machine hurts while my heart rate stays in zone 2.

What is the best way to get stronger on the bike with minimum time invested? My cardio is good from running and swimming.
2014-03-16 4:54 PM
in reply to: #4965978

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
I believe the best way to get stronger on your bike, is to ride your bike. I'm not sure you can do it with 'minimum time invested', though I'd love to hear if there is a quick fix!
2014-03-16 5:52 PM
in reply to: #4966167

User image

Expert
Trainer Road has their programs that utilize the "sweet spot" training which I found highly effective at minimal time commitment. It keeps you at about 80-90 percent of your FTP. Has 2 one hour sessions and one 1-1/2 hour per week.
2014-03-16 6:28 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Originally posted by tmoran80

Starting get a little anxious to get back at it. Plan was to get on bike by the end of the week but I had a scare when I was an idiot on Wednesday and reached back and picked up my computer bag in the backseat of my car without even thinking and felt a pain. I was freaking out all night thinking I would have to have the surgery again but spoke with the surgeon the next morning and he said I most likely was fine just a sore muscle. Either way it scared the crap out of me and decided to wait 1 more week after my appointment on Thursday to start light exercise.

On a side note you guys are all doing awesome and making me very envious haha. There really is someyhing wrong with us when I get jealous of your 3000 yard swims, 2hour bike rides and weekend long runs. Cant wait to get going again....

They told me my rupture patch was more solid than the original. No worries. Ease back in and you'll do great.
2014-03-16 6:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Originally posted by cheekymonkeys1

Jeez Tim, go easy there! Glad you're on the mend. You'll be back at it in no time.

2:15 on the trainer yesterday, followed by a quick T run. I started late in the day so didn't get finished until 10:50pm. Will NOT be doing that again. I was pooped this am getting up for a 1:10 run. My legs were very heavy, so I found it hard to keep my HR in the required Z1, but it's done.

40 min ride later. I finally feel like I am really settling into a solid rhythm again! Also, I went back to logging my food and am down 6lbs. Only another 20 to go! :-/

You rock. Food logging is helping me immensely too. Headed down to race weight with plenty of time.

2014-03-16 8:41 PM
in reply to: IceManScott

User image

Slow start but eventually got rolling.
Able to stretch my freestyle a bit further.
Still not biking as much as I need to.
Hitting the road for a business trip. Hope to find a pool.

2014-03-16 11:28 PM

User image

Regular
Take 'er easy Tim! But, glad to see you back!
2014-03-16 11:29 PM

User image

Regular
You are a beast, Cheeky! Don't know how you do 2:15 on trainer and then a run! Keep up the good work!
2014-03-16 11:32 PM
in reply to: nrpoulin

User image

Regular
I travel a lot as well. But, I find creative ways to get my SBR in. BTW, YMCAs are really good about day passes, and sometimes will give you three days free. I was in the middle of nowhere Missouri last year. I found a Y with an outdoor "heated" pool. It had a dome over it. but it was 40F outside. But, we had to walk outside to get to the pool. I did manage to get my 2000 yards in though..
2014-03-16 11:41 PM
in reply to: ettringite23

User image

Regular
I had a pretty good week:

Swim: 6,100 yards - 2 hours
Bike: 56 miles - 3:40 (need to improve distance and )
Run: 21 miles - 2:55

Down to 185.8 pounds (lost 13 pounds since December).

Measured my sweat rate at the gym (70F and 30RH) to be 1,021 mL per hour. This appears to be a high value!

Slight calf tweek today on my long run. Hoping it doesn't flare up like last year.

I am getting my LTHR and VO2 max testing Tuesday..I am pretty excited!

Looking forward,

Todd

2014-03-17 11:34 AM

User image

Regular
x2 I have been using trainerroad for two of my three bike workouts per week. My third workout comes from Vision Quest bike class on Saturday (which is currently focusing on hill work).

Todd
2014-03-17 12:35 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Love Trainer road. I am not sure I'd have quite such a structured ride without it. I find it too easy to lose focus without that green line!

So I have signed up for my first race of the season. It's an Oly in TN so a little over 14.5 hours away. It's not actually as bonkers as it sounds: My girlfriend qualified for the championships and asked if I wanted to go down with her, so I thought 'eh, what the heck, why not!' It will be my first Oly and I have to say I'm pretty excited about it. Now if I could just get outside on the bike, I'd be even happier.

3000 swim and strength today.
2014-03-17 1:01 PM

User image

Used that swimmers guide link and found a bunch of pools in San Antonio, so I think I will be good.
Everyone is putting up some impressive numbers. Strong work!
2014-03-17 1:18 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
You take it easy Tim and welcome back.

KC

Originally posted by tmoran80

Starting get a little anxious to get back at it. Plan was to get on bike by the end of the week but I had a scare when I was an idiot on Wednesday and reached back and picked up my computer bag in the backseat of my car without even thinking and felt a pain. I was freaking out all night thinking I would have to have the surgery again but spoke with the surgeon the next morning and he said I most likely was fine just a sore muscle. Either way it scared the crap out of me and decided to wait 1 more week after my appointment on Thursday to start light exercise.

On a side note you guys are all doing awesome and making me very envious haha. There really is someyhing wrong with us when I get jealous of your 3000 yard swims, 2hour bike rides and weekend long runs. Cant wait to get going again....
2014-03-17 1:20 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Awesome work Deb - Damn that is late in the day to be finishing your workouts - thats about when I hope to finish IM LP

KC

Originally posted by cheekymonkeys1

2014-03-17 1:21 PM

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Awesome Job Todd.

KC

Originally posted by ettringite23

I had a pretty good week:

Swim: 6,100 yards - 2 hours
Bike: 56 miles - 3:40 (need to improve distance and )
Run: 21 miles - 2:55

Down to 185.8 pounds (lost 13 pounds since December).

Measured my sweat rate at the gym (70F and 30RH) to be 1,021 mL per hour. This appears to be a high value!

Slight calf tweek today on my long run. Hoping it doesn't flare up like last year.

I am getting my LTHR and VO2 max testing Tuesday..I am pretty excited!

Looking forward,

Todd
2014-03-17 1:23 PM
in reply to: EV3110

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hi Elena. Thanks for checking in and don't every feel bad about being away! Keep us posted when you can. Congrats on the bike - send pictures

KC

Originally posted by EV3110

Um hi!. I'm Elena remember me? Ive been getting all RFP's updates but honestly haven't read all of what has been posted. I did just skim from page 20 and on. Read some good stuff from first time tri's,, to surgeries, to crazy cold weather, to deciding on which races to add to your lists and of course AWESOME training! So just a word of encouragement to keep it up and keep our eyes on our goals!

Im trying to keep up with my training. Hard work but I love it. Brick this morning with a Swim(2100)-bike(17). Felt pretty good.

News worth mentioning: I bought a tri bike! EXCITED about that! LOVe it!! I definitely need to either adjust seat angle or just go buy a new one. Girl parts hate it. I'm also trying to decide on location of H20 bottles. I've been sticking a bottle in my jersey which is fine for now. I know its just probably preference to type and location of bottles. Also, I raced a Duathlon on Saturday. I usually do the International distance but since it had only been my third time on my tri-bike I decided on the sprint distance (2/10/2). Had a great time and just enjoyed my ride and runs. 1:13 total 17:45/33/20.

Good to be back.

2014-03-17 1:25 PM
in reply to: kcgolf

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Back at it after a nice day and a half off this weekend team. I will be running and lifting this afternoon but have to miss my swim because of curling playoffs tonight

Have a great week everyone and stay safe and healthy.

KC
2014-03-17 4:20 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tim - please take it easy as you will tell us the pool, bike and the run will still be there.

Deb - I feel your pain as I got done working out last night at 9:00. I wasted the whole day as I had no energy till after dinner and then I decided to get my workout in after all.

Todd - where are you going to get your LTHR and VO2 max tested at?

TrainerRoad - I used it also during the winter and felt it helped. Now that it is warmer and can ride outside I suspended my subscription. (However I have yet to ride outside except for that one time).

KC you are one tough cookie, 3 hours on the trainer.

Scott - your workout on Sunday wore more out just reading it.
2014-03-17 6:11 PM
in reply to: krazytallchick

User image

Hey Team! Happy Monday,

I am throwing down the accountability gauntlet, I have been less than 100% of my training plan for the past two weeks and it's entirely a result of poor time management. I need to get my butt in gear again, so next Monday- I will have done 100% of this weeks plan!
alright, have a great week all!

Helen

2014-03-17 9:44 PM
in reply to: mtrunner6

User image

Chicago
Sorry I've been away for some time now. I have been really busy and stressed with work and some family issues. The last few weeks I have not been concentrating on my workouts which is why I have not been logging in. I have had a hard time just trying to logged all my activities which also haven't been much.

On a good note I did complete my first HM race this past Sunday. It was not a PR day but I did finish with a respectable time for not training properly. Besides the hills, below zero temps, more hills and some snow, it wasn't a bad race. I also managed to put some work on the bike and a little work on the core tonight. I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up but I tonight made me feel great so I hope this will be the beginning again. My HIM plan starts the first week of April so I will use this week as a building week so that I don't start out to fast and get injured.

I hope that I can keep up with everyone but reading some of the post it looks like everyone has been pretty active.

My next race will be a Tri on May 17th in Galena, IL. Should be a good one.

Stay active and have a great week.

2014-03-18 9:23 AM
in reply to: mtrunner6

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Nice work Helen. It is tough recognizing that we need to be accountable - nice bounce back

Originally posted by mtrunner6

Hey Team! Happy Monday,

I am throwing down the accountability gauntlet, I have been less than 100% of my training plan for the past two weeks and it's entirely a result of poor time management. I need to get my butt in gear again, so next Monday- I will have done 100% of this weeks plan!
alright, have a great week all!

Helen
2014-03-18 9:25 AM
in reply to: gdelamora

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Hi Gil. Nice to see you and thanks for checking in. Nice job on the HM without a lot of training. You have a good plan with the start slow and build to the HIM. You will be fine - just keep on TRIing

KC

Originally posted by gdelamora

Sorry I've been away for some time now. I have been really busy and stressed with work and some family issues. The last few weeks I have not been concentrating on my workouts which is why I have not been logging in. I have had a hard time just trying to logged all my activities which also haven't been much.

On a good note I did complete my first HM race this past Sunday. It was not a PR day but I did finish with a respectable time for not training properly. Besides the hills, below zero temps, more hills and some snow, it wasn't a bad race. I also managed to put some work on the bike and a little work on the core tonight. I don't know if I'll be able to keep it up but I tonight made me feel great so I hope this will be the beginning again. My HIM plan starts the first week of April so I will use this week as a building week so that I don't start out to fast and get injured.

I hope that I can keep up with everyone but reading some of the post it looks like everyone has been pretty active.

My next race will be a Tri on May 17th in Galena, IL. Should be a good one.

Stay active and have a great week.

2014-03-18 4:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Helen I have found I need to be accountable. This year I am not working with a coach and I have let workouts go without blinking an eye, but if I was working with a coach I would have found a way to get that workout in. Sometimes we just need to let us ourselves go and then when we are ready, we are ready. If you want we can hold you accountable by reporting your workouts to us weekly. Just trying to help.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 32

RELATED POSTS

Team Trisuppo - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34

Started by trisuppo
Views: 30514 Posts: 838

2014-05-16 3:19 PM jackiep
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 7, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Would it be a simple and advisable to swap back and forth between the road seat post with no aero bars and the tri seat post with aero bars?

date : August 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I have a Specialized Allez Elite road bike with aero bars. It has the stock seatpost. I am interested in changing the seat post to one that is more forward. What would I look for?
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : July 3, 2006
author : ChiRunning
Discussion on many aspects of ChiRunning such as falling forward, posture, hamstring tightness, stride length, leaning, stretching
date : June 5, 2006
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
How can gluteus medius weakness/problems be involved in iliotibial band syndrome? What specific exercises should be used in building gluteus medius strength in post-ITB syndrome treatment?

date : January 24, 2005
author : Team BT
Shanna Armstrong’s Journal Entry January 21, 2005 - The Race Across America
date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.