Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 34

2007-06-24 6:17 AM
in reply to: #641608

User image

Veteran
SC
Subject: RE: COgirl's Group - FULL

Jill,  That is truly an inspirational story!  I was crying my eyes out.  You are really lucky to have her as a personal trainer.  I bet she is very motivating.  I will think of her if I ever have an excuse not to do something.

Our pictures are up if anyone is interested.  Unfortunately, it's a little complicated to find them.  I'm not sure why they didn't make it easier.

http://www.birdseyeview.net

Click on Event Photos

Click on Triathlons

On left side of the screen click on Power Search: Type in race# (Heather's is 33, mine is 170)

Where it asks which event? Scroll to the bottom of the list and select 20070617LSU 

Click on Search 

Heather & I are signed up for Dash for Divas (women only race) on 9/9 at White Lake NC if anyone is interested in joining us?

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Mel 

2007-06-24 6:14 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Cute pics for both of you!    Thanks for sharing! 

I'm following IM Coeur d'Alene on www.ironmanlive.com now.  It's a great distraction in avoiding writing a paper.  So fun to watch!  I'm signing up for that race for next year TOMORROW! 

I mentioned ice baths to Mel the other day....after hard workouts or races, they are great.  Painful at first, but great.  Soak the legs in icy water in the tub!  At least you don't have to submerge your entire body in ice!  Ice baths really make a difference in muscle soreness! 

Have a great week everyone!  Any races this past weekend or weekend coming up?

2007-06-25 1:11 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
I have officially signed up for IMCdA 6/22/08.  Oh my.  (taking lots of deep breaths....).  Oh my.
2007-06-28 2:10 PM

User image

Broomfield, CO
Wow! That is great! I am officially bowing down. LOL

Good luck! Where are you going to put your IM tatoo afterwards?
Z
2007-06-28 2:15 PM

User image

Master
Reston, VA
Gold member
Oh, you are one brave soul Cathy! I do not like prolonged suffering so i think the Oly would be my longest race ;-) Good luck.
2007-06-28 3:24 PM

User image

Veteran
SC

That's awesome! I can't wait to watch you live crossing the finish line.  Good luck!  Are you shooting for an approximate time to finish it in?

Mel  

2007-06-28 3:41 PM

User image

Yaaahooo Cathy-- You can do it!! Your kids are going to think you are so awsome

Did an ows today--- uummmm where's the wall for me to rest on??? Wow-- very scary. DARK and I kept going in the wrong direction-- I think I have to work in it-- 4 weeks to TRI
2007-06-28 9:26 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Hi all! 

Tattoo....not sure yet where, but I AM getting one of the M-dot!  LOL!  Calf would be nice, but probably too visible. 

My time goal is sub 14 hours.  I'd be thrilled with that. 

Melissa, OWS IS totally different.  I think the first OWS of the season, you get to freak out.  But after that it is so much easier.  The more you practice in OW, the better!  I hear you though on the "no wall" thing.  Much more tiring, and then treading water tires you even more!

Who has races coming up? 

2007-07-03 9:50 AM

User image

MotoQueen
Well girls, I have just signed up for another sprint Tri. My next one is in August and then there will be one in September. I've been a slacker for the past month, so I guess I better get myself back in gear. The Aug Tri is only 6 weeks away.

Was at a wedding this past Saturday, dancing up a storm, and then I felt my knee give. So I'm back in a knee brace for walking. I haven't tried the bike yet, will be doing a ride tomorrow so I will find out then.

It's a bummer getting old.

Oh, yeah. I'm going to be in Charlotte over Labor Day weekend. Anyone going to be around?

Kendra
2007-07-09 9:32 AM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas

Kendra - Good for you for signing up for two more triathlons!

Who has a race coming up? I am signed up to do a 25k this next weekend. I am feeling very hesitant about the race because I am NOT prepared. I did a half marathon back in February and since then my longest run has been 10 miles. I have been training lots, just not doing enough long runs. I know I will be walking a good portion of the run but I guess I will still do it. It starts at midnight so I signed up with a friend mainly as a novelty since it sounded like a crazy idea.

2007-07-09 4:54 PM

User image

MotoQueen
What kind of crazy race starts at midnight? I did a flashlight run on New Years Eve, so I guess that would be the same kind of craziness. Ours was only a 5k though. Good luck with the 25k. I guess at night it would be a lot cooler than during the day in Texas.

2007-07-09 7:26 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

A 25K at midnight? Crazy! 

There's a "naked pumpkin run" in Boulder where the participants wear carved pumpkins on their heads and run naked.....and it's cold out.  It's a 5K.  Don't think I'll ever participate in that one. 

I have an oly in 2 weeks.  Boulder Peak. 

2007-07-09 7:42 PM

User image

Veteran
LOL

There is a bare hare tri in NC clothing optional, bike helmets are the only requirement!! (EWWW AND OUCH!!!)
I hope you all are doing well....I have been training swimming and cycle class not much road biking or running for me lately...hope to add some of that!

Thinking of entering a 1.2 mile OWS on July 17th.....

Mel (lialog) and I have big training plans I am dragging her to swim practice on Thurs and then we are gonna do an OWS and ride on Sat. I am tired thinking about it!!

Hope you all are doing well!!!

BTW this training stuff is addicting I went on vacation and tried to relax for a couple of days and could not get the jitters out literally had to walk ride and swim to calm down. That's pretty funny to say!

Heather
Z
2007-07-09 8:05 PM

User image

Master
Reston, VA
Gold member

LOL Heather! I'm still waiting for my exercise Endorphins to kick in! Looks like yours did!

I had horrible stomach flu last week that completely killed me. To make matters worse that flu took my entire family one by one. Every single day there was a member of the family puking in a bathroom.

My Oly tri is in September so I still have some time to prep. I'm not racing anything else this season. I will do more next year. 

2007-07-09 10:53 PM
in reply to: #878053

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas
kns57 - 2007-07-09 4:54 PM What kind of crazy race starts at midnight? I did a flashlight run on New Years Eve, so I guess that would be the same kind of craziness. Ours was only a 5k though. Good luck with the 25k. I guess at night it would be a lot cooler than during the day in Texas.
It is kind of funnny that we have actually been way below our normal heat here in Texas this summer, but I am sure that whenever the rain finally subsides we will get hot again. It was in the low 90's today, but that is the hottest it has been. My daughter even said the other day "Mom, it doesn't even feel like summer yet, I mean it hasn't even been 100 yet." Yikes, you know she's from Texas!
2007-07-13 6:22 AM

User image

MotoQueen
Well ladies, it has been a busy summer so far. I started a new job and work and that has been taking a lot of time. My daughter, son-in-law and grandsons are now getting ready to move to California. He is a captain in the army, so I knew a move was coming, and we finally know where. I am driving to Augusta today to see my babies for the last time this year. I wont be making it to CA until January. Oh the hardships of being a grandparent. It is a good move for them though, for he won't be deploying for the next two years and baby number 3 is arriving in December.

So, my training got off track this past month. My next race is only 4 weeks away, so I am desperately trying to get back on track. Walked 4 miles yesterday morning and then did some swimming last night. It is amazing how not swimming for a while can make your arms go all rubbery.

Hope everyone else is doing better than I was with their training this past month. Course, some of you have larger triathlon dreams than I do. You are inspiring. Keep it up ladies.

2007-07-14 6:39 AM
in reply to: #884139

User image

My daughter, son-in-law and grandsons are now getting ready to move to California. He is a captain in the army, so I knew a move was coming, and we finally know where. I am driving to Augusta today to see my babies for the last time this year. I wont be making it to CA until January. Oh the hardships of being a grandparent. It is a good move for them though, for he won't be deploying for the next two years and baby number 3 is arriving in December.

That must be so hard... my mom lives in another state and only sees her grandchildren once or twice a year at the most. It would be nice to have her close. I'm glad to hear your son won't be deploying for two years (and not until after baby #3)... we can only hope that during these next two years we might find some resolution. You must be so proud of your son and I am so thankfull for the men and women who protect us.. your son included!

My first tri is next Sunday.. I'm so excited. When I first decided to do this thing my goal was just to finish.. now I think I might do OK-- Not great, but not bad! I'm able to do the bike/run and have done the actual route a couple of times.. I did an ows yesterday and after I drank half the lake and freaked out over seeing a fish, I did OK.

I love the summer... I'm not working- just taking a class... some how I'm busier that ever. Hope all of you are doing well.

Make todays workout COUNT!

Melissa
2007-07-14 11:13 AM

User image

Veteran
Hi girls

Hope everyone is doing well!!!! Mel (lialog) and I did an 1500 meter OWS and then a 30k bike this am. There were ALOT of people there. It was pretty fun, however I have not been on the bike much in the past month outside (I go to spin classes 2 times a week) and I could really tell! The course was hilly and it hurt my lower back OUCH! Of course Mel kicked my butt on the biking as usual The swim was fun I got 2nd overall because some (*&)(*&# drafted off me and then sprinted in the last 200 or so yards. I did not realize that it was commonplace to draft off people in swimming, nor did I realize it was legal. I was kinda mad but whatever---I will swim zigzag next time hahahah I got kicked in the face at the start and pulled under once that was not fun but I just hauled butt to the front and muddled my way through it. I was extremely proud of Mel....she did two laps no stopping and did fine!!!!

I have not run in weeks I guess I better get on that. YUCKY!

Melissa-----good luck next week! I cannot wait to hear how you did in your first tri!

Have a great weekend!

Heather
2007-07-15 2:43 PM

User image

Veteran
SC

Kendra, I'm sorry to hear you're daughter & family are moving so far away.  I know you knew it was coming but I'm sure that doesn't make it any easier.  My parents live in CA & they just moved their last year to be closer to my brother.  I know you mentioned coming to Charlotte in Sept.  What date are you going to be here so we can plan to get together?

Z-  I hope you & your family are feeling better.  It seems like since I've had kids we all get sick more often.    At least your race isn't for awhile.

Melissa- Good Luck on your first race next Sunday!  You must be so psyched!  I bet you're going to place!

Heather & I had a great time on Sat.  It was a lot of fun.  She was all changed & dressed in her bike clothes and relaxing when I finally finished swimming.  Maybe someday I'll be fast like her   I feel very lucky that I met Heather & thanks to BT & this particular board for making that happen!  I'm so glad we all this board to support each other.

My next race is Aug 4th, 3 weeks away, yikes!  My first Oly.

Have a good one!

Mel  

2007-07-21 4:21 PM

User image

MotoQueen
Wow, another week has gone by. Tomorrow, friends and I are having a Round Robin Tennis fundraiser for the Atlanta 2-Day breast cancer walk. Hopefully after this fundraiser we will have all raised our $1000 each.

Today is beautiful out. Played tennis this morning (won) and will go swimming this evening. Need to get at least 600m in. Tomorrow several of us are planning a brick in the morning. 9-12 miles on the bike and 6 miles walk.

Hope the races for this weekend are all going well. The AT&T repairman at our house today is doing a Tri next weekend. 600m swim, 12 mile bike, 5K. It is funny how once you start doing something you begin to meet lots of people who are also doing it. Prior to doing my first, I really did not know anyone who was doing Tri's. Neat.

Plans are for Charlotte over Labor day weekend. Hopefully plans will not change. One of my staff is haveing a C-section on the 24th of August and Labor day weekend had been hers to work. Her due date was not until mid Sept and they are taking the baby early. All is okay though for her. Placenta Previa is the cause. Anyway if I have to cover her weekend then my plans will be off. Bummer if that happens, for I haven't seen my friend in Charlotte in about a year. She is my best friend from 7th grade on.
2007-07-23 7:51 PM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas

So how did everyone's races go over the weekend?

I didn't have a race, but did do my longest brick ever with a group of BT folks. There was a post online that a group was meeting on Saturday morning and I knew one of the women who had responded that she was going. I didn't really pay much attention to see who else was going as I didn't recognize any other screen names. Anyhow, I had riden with the girl before so thought I was fine on the pace. Then I show up and it is a group of six hard mostly hard core guys all geared out. The guy leading the ride was SO nice and I was able to keep up fairly well. Now they weren't going full speed and I was, but still I was proud of myself. Plus I didn't whine at all and I went 60 miles which is my longest ever ride.

Hope everyone's training and summers are going well! 

2007-07-25 9:18 AM

User image

Hi! Yeah me! I did my first tri on Sunday.... I loved it. It took me a bit longer than I thought...147:31. The swim freaked me out! There were so many people so close together.. I just was not ready for that. I lost my breath and couldn't get it back untill about 1/2 way through the swim... then I was OK. I took me a couple days to realized that I lost my breath because I was scared. Next time I'm staying back and to the left and finding my grove. I think it would of also help if I had warmed up swimming... I was too busy talking When I get some time in the next day or two I'll do my race report for you. I have to say that the bike was a killer (LOTS of HILLS) and I did think about my online support group! You kept me going. The run was great (32 minutes!).

I'm already looking for a race in Aug..

Anyone else race this weekend??

I feel like a total bad and I'm HOOKED!!

Melissa
2007-07-25 4:47 PM

User image

MotoQueen
Way to go Melissa. It does feel good to get a race done. Makes all the training worth it. Keep it up girl.
2007-07-25 5:17 PM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas
Congrats Melissa! You are now a triathlete,  I will look forward to your race report.
2007-07-25 9:48 PM

User image

Veteran
SC

Wahoo!  Great job Melissa!  It sounds like you had a lot of fun & did a great job!

Mel  

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » COgirl's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 34