BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 32

2014-03-18 4:06 PM
in reply to: krazytallchick

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED
Gil, that HM didn't sound like fun, but glad you got through it. Like KC said good plan on taking it easy as you build up to your training plan. Sounds like I will be starting my tri training right after you and I can't wait to start focusing on training again.. (Only you guys will understand that, because my friends don't)

2014-03-19 9:17 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Originally posted by krazytallchick

Helen I have found I need to be accountable. This year I am not working with a coach and I have let workouts go without blinking an eye, but if I was working with a coach I would have found a way to get that workout in. Sometimes we just need to let us ourselves go and then when we are ready, we are ready. If you want we can hold you accountable by reporting your workouts to us weekly. Just trying to help.

I don't want to bog the feed down with the gory details of each workout but I do plan on posting the percentage of my plan accomplished in the given week. It's a weird incentive but whatever works right?

Happy Wednesday All!

Helen

Edited by mtrunner6 2014-03-19 9:17 AM
2014-03-20 7:37 AM
in reply to: mtrunner6

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
% of the plan is great but we also like the occasional gory detail

KC

Originally posted by mtrunner6

Originally posted by krazytallchick

Helen I have found I need to be accountable. This year I am not working with a coach and I have let workouts go without blinking an eye, but if I was working with a coach I would have found a way to get that workout in. Sometimes we just need to let us ourselves go and then when we are ready, we are ready. If you want we can hold you accountable by reporting your workouts to us weekly. Just trying to help.

I don't want to bog the feed down with the gory details of each workout but I do plan on posting the percentage of my plan accomplished in the given week. It's a weird incentive but whatever works right?

Happy Wednesday All!

Helen

2014-03-21 6:49 AM
in reply to: #4920811

User image

Expert
Got the all clear from the surgeon yesterday to start working out again. Hit the pool this morning and got in 1400Y. Stomach was a little tight and if I reached too much a little tender but figure that is just the muscles getting stretched and used again. Felt great to log a workout in again.
2014-03-21 6:12 PM
in reply to: cheekymonkeys1

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

You rock!
2014-03-21 7:34 PM
in reply to: tmoran80

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Awesome!

KC

Originally posted by tmoran80

Got the all clear from the surgeon yesterday to start working out again. Hit the pool this morning and got in 1400Y. Stomach was a little tight and if I reached too much a little tender but figure that is just the muscles getting stretched and used again. Felt great to log a workout in again.

2014-03-21 7:35 PM
in reply to: kcgolf

User image

Master
\Windsor, Ontario
Just checking in to say hello Team. Been a busy week. Trainer ride for a couple of hours tomorrow morning and then an open house at the college.

Will check in with everyone tomorrow.

KC
2014-03-21 8:45 PM

User image

Regular
Sweeeeeet! WB Tim!
2014-03-21 9:24 PM
in reply to: #4968860

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Hey team,

Busy day today 1 hr low cadence ride, followed by T run.

I've been really trying to get a full 8 hours of sleep at night, and I think it may be paying off: I've felt so strong during my workouts these last few days.

2:30 on the bike drainer followed by 25 min T run. Fun!
2014-03-22 10:22 AM

User image

Regular
What is a T-Run?
2014-03-22 7:51 PM
in reply to: #4969337

User image

I've been wondering that myself

2014-03-22 8:10 PM
in reply to: nrpoulin

User image

Extreme Veteran
North Shore, MA.
Transition run (short run started within 10 mins of finishing bike) Sorry.
2014-03-23 9:16 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Anyone near the Washington DC area want to run the Cherry Blossum 10 miler on April 5th? We had a few of our teammates bail on us so we have spots available if interested.

Edited by krazytallchick 2014-03-23 8:11 PM
2014-03-23 5:23 PM

User image

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday!

As I hoped this week I completed 100% of my plan. Final totals; Swim:12,150yds Bike: 10hr (including a 4hr15min ride on the trainer) Run: 3hr 25min

Overall, I am pleased with the week and am super happy tomorrow is a rest day! Here's to another great week life, training, and March Madness (for those who partake!)

Helen
2014-03-24 10:36 AM

User image

Expert
Those are some impressive numbers Helen - Nice work! Enjoy your rest day today.

Originally posted by mtrunner6

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday!

As I hoped this week I completed 100% of my plan. Final totals; Swim:12,150yds Bike: 10hr (including a 4hr15min ride on the trainer) Run: 3hr 25min

Overall, I am pleased with the week and am super happy tomorrow is a rest day! Here's to another great week life, training, and March Madness (for those who partake!)

Helen
2014-03-24 10:38 AM
in reply to: ettringite23

User image

Expert
Todd - You are scaring me with the talk of the calf tweak and I am having flashbacks to last year as I remember that is how it started and then you had issues. Take it easy and don't push too hard especially this early in the season.

Originally posted by ettringite23

I had a pretty good week:

Swim: 6,100 yards - 2 hours
Bike: 56 miles - 3:40 (need to improve distance and )
Run: 21 miles - 2:55

Down to 185.8 pounds (lost 13 pounds since December).

Measured my sweat rate at the gym (70F and 30RH) to be 1,021 mL per hour. This appears to be a high value!

Slight calf tweek today on my long run. Hoping it doesn't flare up like last year.

I am getting my LTHR and VO2 max testing Tuesday..I am pretty excited!

Looking forward,

Todd

2014-03-24 10:47 AM
in reply to: gdelamora

User image

Expert
Gil - I would get ready for a duathlon. I would have to imagine that Apple Canyon is still frozen for at least another week or two. Hopefully the weather will break and you get some warm days to get the temps up. I know every year it comes up and ends up being ok but this year has just been brutal. Either way I would be prepared for both.

I decided to skip Galena for the first time in five years. Sounds like they took heed to everyone complaints last year (a lot of it from me on Facebook haha) and went back to the original course.

Originally posted by gdelamora

My next race will be a Tri on May 17th in Galena, IL. Should be a good one.

2014-03-24 10:51 AM

User image

Expert
Got a 1400Y swim in on Friday, 12 mile bike on Saturday and 3 mile run on Sunday and my stomach did not explode so I guess I am back. Actually felt really good on all three. The last year has been tough mentally just knowing I had the hernia and I think t really limited what I was motivated to do. Hearing the doctor say everything is great and I can workout again has changed my whole mental outlook and I really enjoyed this weekend.

Today is rest day then this week I am planning to get about 6-8 easy hours in. I will then start my official 12 week training plan next week for the REV3 Dells 70.3 on June 22.
2014-03-24 1:05 PM

User image

Veteran
Long Island
HEY KTC.
IT'S ann I have been off the site for a while, prob since Dec. Am I still welcome?

You posted a new pic. I had trouble finding you. Alot of new names.
I tried catching up on the posts but it got tedious. Will keep going back if I can.
I did see that you are having a light year. I am in the same boat. I have been very busy with my daughter's wedding which is April 27.
I spent much of the early part of the year preparing for her shower which is over and went well.
I have been swimming, an occ spin class and more running, when the weather permitted. A few dread mill runs when I couldn't get outside. Tried to do some strength which is always my New Year's resolution. Way less training then usual but I am ok with it. Like you said it's easy to skip work outs tho. And mentally that bugs me.
I am doing a 10 mile run on April 5th up here in NY. Would have loved to do the Cherry Blossom run. Will have to think of it for next year.
I did sign up for the Brooklyn half mary. It is in May
I also signed up for the lottery for the Marine Core full mary. I have never done a full. I got in!! Yikes!! It is in Oct. More on that another time.

Now for the question. I am having right heel pain. Even with walking. Any ideas? I do have a limp. For many years. Left leg appears longer but it is really a pelvis shift that I have been unable to release. Thinking it may be a result of that?? I had my husband video me running on the track yest and it look like I am running on my toes. Compensating I am sure. I am trying to lean forward but I am not. I am a super slow runner so I can't afford any other issues. Has any one had this? Running shoes shouldn't be worn yet.

I hope I can still participate on the site cuz I see a lot of big numbers in the chat and I bring company to those of us doing sprints and Olys. No HIMs for me this year although I may participate in a relay.

BTW, what is SBR?

Thanks for listening!!
ann

Edited by avisser 2014-03-24 2:08 PM
2014-03-25 10:03 AM
in reply to: avisser

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by avisser

I tried catching up on the posts but it got tedious. Will keep going back if I can.
I have been very busy with my daughter's wedding which is April 27. I spent much of the early part of the year preparing for her shower which is over and went well. I have been swimming, an occ spin class and more running, when the weather permitted. A few dread mill runs when I couldn't get outside. Tried to do some strength which is always my New Year's resolution. Way less training then usual but I am ok with it.

I am doing a 10 mile run on April 5th up here in NY. I did sign up for the Brooklyn half mary. It is in May
I also signed up for the lottery for the Marine Core full mary. I have never done a full. I got in!! Yikes!! It is in Oct. More on that another time.

Now for the question. I am having right heel pain. Even with walking. Any ideas? I do have a limp. For many years. Left leg appears longer but it is really a pelvis shift that I have been unable to release. Thinking it may be a result of that?? I had my husband video me running on the track yest and it look like I am running on my toes. Compensating I am sure. I am trying to lean forward but I am not. I am a super slow runner so I can't afford any other issues. Has any one had this? Running shoes shouldn't be worn yet.

I hope I can still participate on the site cuz I see a lot of big numbers in the chat and I bring company to those of us doing sprints and Olys. No HIMs for me this year although I may participate in a relay.

BTW, what is SBR?

Thanks for listening!!
ann

Hi Ann,

Yes you are still part of this group! Welcome back.

Congrats on getting in the Marine Core Full! You will enjoy that.

Not sure about the heel pain, have you had it looked at? It sounds like it can be lots of different things. Have you gone to a chiropractor? I had a leg longer then other and they worked on me to where it is not an issue anymore. Just a suggestion.

Not everyone is doing big numbers this year, I know I am not. SBR (Swim Bike Run)

2014-03-25 10:09 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Helen - nice job getting your workouts in!

Todd - be careful with your calf.

Tim - Glad to hear that you had a great weekend of working out with no issues. I say that you are back.

CheekyMonkey - on my drive home I drove by Knoxville and realized that it is only 3 hours away from me. Would love to do that race with you but there is no way I can be ready in 55 days. I just might have to make a road trip.

As for me I had all good intentions of going to the pool this morning as it has been a week since I was last there instead I turned my alarm off and rolled over and went back to sleep. I guess all the running around I did last week is catching up to me as I just don't have the energy. Going to have to change my workouts this week as I just decided to take the day off and try to get my energy back.

2014-03-25 12:42 PM

User image

Wow. That is some serious SBR! My last weeks numbers much more modest. I have stopped using my plan and just been keeping the mileage about the same as it was when I finished my sprint plan. I was able to get some trainer time and running while in San Antonio.

Swim 2400y (54 min)
Bike 23.1m (100 min)
Run 8.1m (78 min)

10 days straight SBR.
2014-03-25 5:03 PM

User image

Veteran
Long Island
Txs KTC.
I have been to many chiros in the past. Not currently being treated. No one has been able to help the disparity. I took yest off. Literally laid in bed most of the day and it is feeling a lot better. I did some strength and a swim today and it is still doing ok. Working a long day tomorrow. Hope to run again on Thursday. We shall see. It hurt to bear weight on it.

Txs for the clarification on SBR, duh!!

Read your race report from Agusta. I did that race 3 years ago. Challenging. I had a great swim tho. Loved the current. So fun.
Tried to get to your AMAZ race report and couldn't get back to it. Will try again now.

So great to be back!!
ann
2014-03-25 6:11 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.
Originally posted by cheekymonkeys1

Transition run (short run started within 10 mins of finishing bike) Sorry.

AKA the brick.
2014-03-25 6:17 PM
in reply to: IceManScott

User image

Extreme Veteran
Normal, Ill.

Going well here.

Swim - form is never better. Feeling easy and smooth in the water. Swimming twice a week with the masters and usually a third time with a coach.

Bike - hitting the hard numbers still based on an FTP of 314. I'm doing four bikes a week. I got outdoors for a long ride last weekend. Most are on the Computrainer. I've used the Endurance films state series once a week. Climbing once a week. LTs once a week. Recovery ride with skills once a week.

Run - the bugger. Cold weather has limited the runs outdoors. I have been using the dreadmill to great purpose.

I am mentoring a group in the beginner course with our triathlon club. I am also mentoring some runners in the run club, though that isn't as well run. Good season underway.

Hip holding up. I've had a cold going into the third week. Now feeling as if it is letting up.

Picking up a new Grand Caravan tomorrow. Wanted a new vehicle and decided on the van to store bikes inside rather than out on trips. Plus HUGE amount of storage area with stow & go seats.

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » TEAM RFP (Relentless Forward Progress) CLOSED Rss Feed  

of 32

RELATED POSTS

Team Trisuppo - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34

Started by trisuppo
Views: 30089 Posts: 838

2014-05-16 3:19 PM jackiep
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 7, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Would it be a simple and advisable to swap back and forth between the road seat post with no aero bars and the tri seat post with aero bars?

date : August 5, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
I have a Specialized Allez Elite road bike with aero bars. It has the stock seatpost. I am interested in changing the seat post to one that is more forward. What would I look for?
date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.

date : July 3, 2006
author : ChiRunning
Discussion on many aspects of ChiRunning such as falling forward, posture, hamstring tightness, stride length, leaning, stretching
date : June 5, 2006
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
How can gluteus medius weakness/problems be involved in iliotibial band syndrome? What specific exercises should be used in building gluteus medius strength in post-ITB syndrome treatment?

date : January 24, 2005
author : Team BT
Shanna Armstrong’s Journal Entry January 21, 2005 - The Race Across America
date : January 10, 2005
author : trithis
Club or group workouts are very motivating and soon you’ll start feeling like a triathlete, making you less likely to flake out.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.