BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 59

2009-05-05 11:07 AM
in reply to: #2130285

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Subject: RE: Monday stuff
lunabelle - 2009-05-04 8:34 PM

It is pretty cool to see everyone's progress over the last month.  There has been some excellent training, some new bikes, some races, some weight loss, some injuries and sickness.  It has been nice to share it with you all.  

I am back from being sick and I was able to do my big hike as planned, so I am very happy for that.  8000 vertical feet in 10 miles is really gruelling, but I feel such a sense of accomplishment.  

I hope everyone has a great week.

Laurie 

Glad you're feeling better Laurie - ahhhh hiking ... I do miss my days living out in the Rockies. It IS an accomplishment - pushing yourself up a mountain is a big deal. When I taught bootcamp that was always our last workout - taking the clients on a hike to the top of a local "mountain" (big hill by my Rockies standards) ... congratulations! ;-)

2009-05-05 12:00 PM
in reply to: #2069346

User image

Champion
Subject: RE: Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL
afternoon manatees.

laid down a nice BACK AT WEEK CINCO DE MAYO BRICK TODAY.

60 min spin (too drizzly to go out on the new ride.  waaaaah)
30 min run.

felt fabulous.

the clouds have parted.  im gonna bite the bullet and take my bike for inaugural spin.

i hope i dont land on my assatar.

HAPPY TRI'ING EVERYONE!
STACIEB
2009-05-05 12:27 PM
in reply to: #2125855

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2009-05-05 12:30 PM

2009-05-05 12:47 PM
in reply to: #2130921

Master
Victoria, BC
Subject: Week 2 is not off to a great start
Yesterday I just felt icky. Not sick, or horribly injured, just icky. PMS'ing, most likely.
Skipped my scheduled bike ride to have a treatment - put my hip back in alignment and work on the ick.
It worked - I had some stress relief and my hip now feels almost back to 100% ... (I broke it when I was 19, tore my hip flexor when I was about 25 - I have some issues with it now my range of motion is really screwed and if I'm not careful I throw it "out") ...

But I slept horribly last night, woke up feeling terrible, my head is pounding, tried to go for a run and could barely bang out 25 min (of a scheduled 48 min run) and I have to skip my swim workout this afternoon as I have a few appointments.
(I WILL make up the swim tomorrow - swim challenge and all!)

I have a feeling the rest of the week is going to be spent playing catch-up.

I feel like I'm under the gun because next week is a scheduled recovery week (next week is actually week 4, I don't know how I got a week behind) and my parents will be visiting from back East. I haven't seen them in a year and a half - so next week my goal is to just hold my training level and weight steady, not make improvements. I was hoping this week would be a week of big gains (and losses, accordingly).

Ick.

Just wanted to vent. Thanks Manatees.
2009-05-05 12:48 PM
in reply to: #2131553

Champion
wgraves7582 - 2009-05-05 12:27 PM

skrtrnr - 2009-05-02 6:40 PM hello manatees just a quick fly by....

im tellin' ya our manatee BILL can HOOK A GIRL UP!

went to see the bike that he gave me a link to when i asked bout bikes.

my husband and i BOTH walked out w bikes today.

totally SWEET ride, totally AWESOME bike shop.

and i owe it all to our BILL.

YOU'D BE DA MAN.

if you wanna see the bike (not MY bike....)  go to: 
http://www.biketek.com/jamis07_xenithcomp.html

bill you were SPOT ON BOUT THIS BIKE MAN.  SPOT ON.  this bike was LEAGUES above the other bikes i was looking at, but for a fraction of the cost.

cant wait to take it out for a spin.

gonna have to wait until after tomorrows race.

FROM THE CITY OF BRIDGES.
stacieb

Stacie,

Glad you found one you liked.

I don't mind researching bikes.  I did that last week and ended up with a single speed cyclocross Felt bike in my backseat coming home from Rochester.

Now that I am back I will have to take some pictures of her and post them!  I think she is purty!!!

Seems like we should be the new bike manatees.  When is everyone else joining in?

BILL YOUR BACK.

MWAAAAH.

in fact, i just came in from a ride in my neighborhood.

made a few passes just to see how she feels.  [i keep calling her a she, so she must be a she]

i think theres a few adjustments that need to be made, shorter stem and i think the seat needs lowered and brought forward just a scoch.  though im thinking w the shorter stem that will take care of those two issues.

im not jonesin' on the seat.

BUT i think most of it is just that i need to get used to riding a road bike vs a performance hybrid.

can we say STRONG BACK MUSCLES???

YOWZA.  you hammerheads are da bomb, man oh man.

definately a change that's for sure.

btw,

HOW'D YOUR RIDE GO????

stacieb

^^^^ betcha your bikes a BEAUT.  i cant see the pic though.

Edited by skrtrnr 2009-05-05 12:50 PM

2009-05-05 12:52 PM
in reply to: #2131633

Champion
Subject: RE: Week 2 is not off to a great start
SpiritFire - 2009-05-05 12:47 PM Yesterday I just felt icky. Not sick, or horribly injured, just icky. PMS'ing, most likely. Skipped my scheduled bike ride to have a treatment - put my hip back in alignment and work on the ick. It worked - I had some stress relief and my hip now feels almost back to 100% ... (I broke it when I was 19, tore my hip flexor when I was about 25 - I have some issues with it now my range of motion is really screwed and if I'm not careful I throw it "out") ... But I slept horribly last night, woke up feeling terrible, my head is pounding, tried to go for a run and could barely bang out 25 min (of a scheduled 48 min run) and I have to skip my swim workout this afternoon as I have a few appointments. (I WILL make up the swim tomorrow - swim challenge and all!) I have a feeling the rest of the week is going to be spent playing catch-up. I feel like I'm under the gun because next week is a scheduled recovery week (next week is actually week 4, I don't know how I got a week behind) and my parents will be visiting from back East. I haven't seen them in a year and a half - so next week my goal is to just hold my training level and weight steady, not make improvements. I was hoping this week would be a week of big gains (and losses, accordingly). Ick. Just wanted to vent. Thanks Manatees.

im sorry your feeling ICK TR... no fun.  and just when you wanted to really get in the groove.

dagnabit.

take care of you.  and your sure to be in the swing of it soon very soon.

stacieb
2009-05-05 12:55 PM

2009-05-05 1:56 PM

Veteran
Wyoming
Subject: Bill's RR and more
Hey Bill, just read your RR and it sure sounds like a grueling ride!   I wish I could say something wonderful to help you through your doubts and frustrations, but the only thing that comes to mind is "it was meant to be".   I know that probably doesn't help, but it is how I try to live with those really gut wrenching, mind-tormenting situations.   I try to tell myself that maybe I was saved from some worse fate...I guess it is better in the long run than beating myself up...cuz I would!   And...you learned a lot about the race and will be much better prepared next year.

TR - venting allowed (and welcomed) here at the Manatee hang -out! 

Stacie - sounds like you need a LBS to do a fitting for you.    I was amazed at how thorough the LBS was on fitting me.  Measured angles of my knee, shoulder, etc.  Plumb line from knee to pedal.   All so cool and fun!   And the best is that my bike really, really fits great now.   2 hours of tweaking, but well worth it!

Off to a Jr High track meet!
Sharie
2009-05-05 1:57 PM
in reply to: #2131633

Master
Vista, CA
Subject: RE: Week 2 is not off to a great start

SpiritFire - 2009-05-05 10:47 AM Yesterday I just felt icky. Not sick, or horribly injured, just icky. PMS'ing, most likely. Skipped my scheduled bike ride to have a treatment - put my hip back in alignment and work on the ick. It worked - I had some stress relief and my hip now feels almost back to 100% ... (I broke it when I was 19, tore my hip flexor when I was about 25 - I have some issues with it now my range of motion is really screwed and if I'm not careful I throw it "out") ... But I slept horribly last night, woke up feeling terrible, my head is pounding, tried to go for a run and could barely bang out 25 min (of a scheduled 48 min run) and I have to skip my swim workout this afternoon as I have a few appointments. (I WILL make up the swim tomorrow - swim challenge and all!) I have a feeling the rest of the week is going to be spent playing catch-up. I feel like I'm under the gun because next week is a scheduled recovery week (next week is actually week 4, I don't know how I got a week behind) and my parents will be visiting from back East. I haven't seen them in a year and a half - so next week my goal is to just hold my training level and weight steady, not make improvements. I was hoping this week would be a week of big gains (and losses, accordingly). Ick. Just wanted to vent. Thanks Manatees.

"Do what you can with what you have where you are." Theodore Roosevelt.

I love this quote and say it to myself frequently when feeling overwhelmed or not sure which "thing" to do first.

And....Bill, don't tempt me on getting another bike -- mother's day is Sunday and my DH keeps asking what I want.

2009-05-05 3:12 PM

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Hi Manatees!  I always love to see the energy and commraderie from this group!  It's very inspiring

Art - good to hear from you and thank you for sharing the info on renting a wet suit!

Carole - enjoy your extra gym time

Amy - nice job on relaxing and getting on the bike!

Cathy - sounds like you've found an approach that will work well for you!  this should be fun, not stressful   the cool thing is, if you change your mind about the racing, you'll be more than ready!

Laurie - so glad you hear you're feeling better!  nice job on jumping right back in there

Bill - welcome back!  awesome report.....my eyes got a little teary

Stacie - Congrasts on the new bike!  nice brick!!!

TR - sorry to hear you're feeling off your game, you'll be able to get back on track.  have a great visit with your parents!

Sharie - Congrats on your bike as well!  have fun at the track meet!

Lynn - that is an awesome quote!  thank you for sharing it

2009-05-05 3:14 PM

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
As for me, I'm continuing to make good prgress on the run

yesterday i actually ran a mile in 10:32, which is a huge accomplishment for me!

unfortunately i did something to my ankle on todays run :/

i'm hoping ice and a day of rest will make it right as rain

2009-05-05 3:17 PM
in reply to: #2132181

Champion
lastcall2003 - 2009-05-05 3:14 PM As for me, I'm continuing to make good prgress on the run

yesterday i actually ran a mile in 10:32, which is a huge accomplishment for me!

unfortunately i did something to my ankle on todays run :/

i'm hoping ice and a day of rest will make it right as rain

A MILE IN 10:32 TINKERBETH THAT JUST ROCKS!!

HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT INDEED.

BUT AN OUCHIE ANKLE.  OH NO!!!

ICE AND REST.

right is rain.  i love that saying....
stacieb
2009-05-05 3:26 PM
in reply to: #2131890

Champion
Subject: RE: Bill's RR and more
ranchrunner - 2009-05-05 1:56 PM Hey Bill, just read your RR and it sure sounds like a grueling ride!   I wish I could say something wonderful to help you through your doubts and frustrations, but the only thing that comes to mind is "it was meant to be".   I know that probably doesn't help, but it is how I try to live with those really gut wrenching, mind-tormenting situations.   I try to tell myself that maybe I was saved from some worse fate...I guess it is better in the long run than beating myself up...cuz I would!   And...you learned a lot about the race and will be much better prepared next year.

Stacie - sounds like you need a LBS to do a fitting for you.    I was amazed at how thorough the LBS was on fitting me.  Measured angles of my knee, shoulder, etc.  Plumb line from knee to pedal.   All so cool and fun!   And the best is that my bike really, really fits great now.   2 hours of tweaking, but well worth it!

Sharie

SHARIE.

im sure i know what LBS stands for, but...

WHAT DOES LBS STAND FOR??

ill be sure to ask for one.

thing is, where the bike shop was, there really wasnt much 'room' to ride, its in section of the city, and im not used riding in a urban environment.

i think what needs adjusted is what i thought/and the guy thought would need adjusted - the handlebar stem mostly....needs to be the shorter one.

ill be back to the store this week.

2009-05-05 3:28 PM
in reply to: #2132225

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
skrtrnr - 2009-05-05 4:26 PM
ranchrunner - 2009-05-05 1:56 PM Hey Bill, just read your RR and it sure sounds like a grueling ride!   I wish I could say something wonderful to help you through your doubts and frustrations, but the only thing that comes to mind is "it was meant to be".   I know that probably doesn't help, but it is how I try to live with those really gut wrenching, mind-tormenting situations.   I try to tell myself that maybe I was saved from some worse fate...I guess it is better in the long run than beating myself up...cuz I would!   And...you learned a lot about the race and will be much better prepared next year.

Sharie

SHARIE.

thing is, where the bike shop was, there really wasnt much 'room' to ride, its in section of the city, and im not used riding in a urban environment.

i think what needs adjusted is what i thought/and the guy thought would need adjusted - the handlebar stem mostly....needs to be the shorter one.

LBS = Local Bike Shop

i had the same question.....

2009-05-05 6:29 PM
in reply to: #2132231

Champion
lastcall2003 - 2009-05-05 3:28 PM
skrtrnr - 2009-05-05 4:26 PM

Sharie

SHARIE.

LBS = Local Bike Shop

i had the same question.....

ahhhhh.  yes.

that's what the LBS is in the process of doing.

were in the tweaking stage of the process.

almost there.

then it should be 'perfect' 

just in time for a group ride on Saturday.

stacieb

Edited by skrtrnr 2009-05-05 6:31 PM

2009-05-05 8:44 PM
in reply to: #2132602

Extreme Veteran
Eastern Pennsylvania
Bill - I just read your RR. I know it's tough when you've invested so much time and effort into a race not to be disappointed when it doesn't turn out the way you wanted it to BUT DUDE, YOU RODE A BIKE FOR 14+ HOURS! Before I logged on I spent 45 MINUTES on a trainer in my basement and it kicked my butt.

I think the best thing about this site is that you get to hear about what other people have accomplished, learn from them and get a sense of what is possible if you train hard and put your mind to it. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Art
2009-05-05 11:17 PM
in reply to: #2131667

Veteran
El Dorado Hills, CA
Wow Bill what a huge accomplishment!  Just think of it as a learning experience....like you noted in your RR there are things that you would do differently next time...so there will be a "next time"

Carole
2009-05-06 6:47 AM

Champion
MORNING MANATEES.

quick fly by.  two trng sessions today.  58 min swim.  41 min bike.  trying to figure out how to make it a brick, BUT theres thunderstorms in the forecast, so im thinking the bike ride will be on the drainer.  BLAAAAAH.

i SWORE that i wouldnt put my bike back in the trainer again this season.

stupid rain.

ah well.

HAPPY TRNG EVERYONE!
stacieb
2009-05-06 7:47 AM
in reply to: #2132173

Veteran
Thibodaux
Subject: RE: Wednesday stuff
lastcall2003 - 2009-05-05 3:12 PM

Hi Manatees!  I always love to see the energy and commraderie from this group!  It's very inspiring

Art - good to hear from you and thank you for sharing the info on renting a wet suit!

Carole - enjoy your extra gym time

Amy - nice job on relaxing and getting on the bike!

Cathy - sounds like you've found an approach that will work well for you!  this should be fun, not stressful   the cool thing is, if you change your mind about the racing, you'll be more than ready!

Laurie - so glad you hear you're feeling better!  nice job on jumping right back in there

Bill - welcome back!  awesome report.....my eyes got a little teary

Stacie - Congrasts on the new bike!  nice brick!!!

TR - sorry to hear you're feeling off your game, you'll be able to get back on track.  have a great visit with your parents!

Sharie - Congrats on your bike as well!  have fun at the track meet!

Lynn - that is an awesome quote!  thank you for sharing it

Ditto what Beth said, all! I think we've all made quite a bit of progress since this thread started. Kudos to all!!

Today is a swim day for me. I haven't been in the pool for a couple of weeks. Hopefully I won't drown. I'm really liking this no fluff plan. It makes the workouts go by fast and it's kind of refreshing emphasizing speed instead of volume. Not that I'm fast by a longshot, but I' just trying to push my pace. It'll be interesting to see if I'm faster after the program is over.

I have lots of things to do this afternoon. The kitchen is its usual mess, and I'm behind on laundry. We need more groceries and I have prescriptions to get filled. And of course there are the dreaded phone calls. I hate making phone calls! We're going back to the beach this weekend, so I have shopping to do for that. The good thing is that I recorded The Biggest Loser, so I can watch it while I'm folding laundry! That'll be the highlight of my day!! After the swim workout of course. LOL. Smile Have a great day, everyone!! Happy training!
2009-05-06 11:57 AM

Champion
THUNDERSTORMS NEVER CAME.

IM HEADED TO THE PARK FOR A RIDE.

DID A 58 MIN SWIM AT THE Y EARLIER.

stacieb

2009-05-06 1:30 PM

Veteran
Thibodaux
Just finished my swim workout. Now I'm exhausted. Maybe if I eat a little lunch I'll feel better. Stacie, could ya send some energy my way?
2009-05-06 4:28 PM
in reply to: #2134438

Champion
mammatri's - 2009-05-06 1:30 PM Just finished my swim workout. Now I'm exhausted. Maybe if I eat a little lunch I'll feel better. Stacie, could ya send some energy my way?

CATHY

SENDING SOME SUPER FLY MOJO YOUR WAY.....HERE IT COMES!  SOAK IT IN GIRLFRIEND.

stacieb
2009-05-06 4:29 PM

Champion
GOT IN MY NON-BRICK'd BUT SUPER FABULOUS NONETHELESS BIKE RIDE!

i *heart* my new big girl bike.

and she's DEFINATELY a she.

still waiting on the perfect name to 'come' to me.....

stacieb
2009-05-06 4:54 PM

Veteran
Thibodaux
Thanks, Stacie. I feel better already.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Beth and Yanti's Newest Manatees - FULL Rss Feed  

of 59