BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Newbz' Spring Fling Mentor Group is FULL! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 57

2011-01-20 10:25 AM
in reply to: #3310521

User image

Regular
Augusta
Subject: RE: Newbz' Spring Fling Mentor Group is FULL!
jtrezza - 2011-01-20 7:42 AM

newbz - 2011-01-19 11:41 PM For everyone getting into swimming now, and those asking about it, agreed with those saying swim more. My single largest set of swim improvements across the board came when i started swimming more, more often. Getting that time in the water often will go a long way (assuming proper form). You'll gain a great feel for the water and get comfortable and that will do wonders for your swim.

Does the running credo, "run lots, mostly slow sometimes fast, etc." apply directly to swimming as well?  If I increase my volume, what intensity do you recommend?  Should I add an additional workout at (x) total effort, or add increasing yardage to established workouts at (x) effort?

At present, my goal is to increase my swimming volume to 3 swims of 3000 yds/week.  But because I am so darned slow, that will take a big chunk of my training hours.  Also, while I feel I am gaining swim endurance, my swim times are consistently slower than a year ago.  I'm feeling a bit frustrated about my swimming.  I'm actually going to do a timed one-hour swim today and I'll post my splits later.

Ok,

I've seen a lot of questions lately on the intensity/distance of swim training.  Speaking from my experience in competitive swimming, the majority of your workouts should be a lot of higher intensity swims, with some distance sprinkled in.  The drills should be done at an easier intensity and more often than the distance swims.  Below, I'll outline a sample workout for a 3x a week swimmer and how the workouts should progress through the weeks.  We'll assume that the workouts are taking place on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday; and you have 1 hour of actual pool time on the weekdays and 1 1/2 hours on Saturday, and the pool is in SCY. (allot some extra time per repitition for SCM/LCM).  Adjust as necessary for personal paces and abilities.  I'm more of a believer in having a fixed amount of rest between repititions and trying to maintain than to hold an interval.  (makes it easy to plan training for a diverse set of people with different ability levels).  At any time you should be looking to maintain whatever pace you set in your first repetition in a set, or negative split them.  If you find that you were unable to, you should slow down to find a pace that you can maintain throughout the set without hitting your "form threshold".  (the point where your form sabotages your effort)

Tuesday
-----------
500 w/u  (slow and steady, maybe a 25 or 50 at a very high intensity to get the blood flowing.  Include some kicks in there as well for 25 or 50)

2x5x50 @ 90% effort with 5 seconds rest between 50's and .15 seconds between sets. 

5x100 kicks w/zoomers and board @90+%.  Burn these out.  Your hips and abs should be on fire when you're done.

5x50 @ 60% effort catch up stroke w/pull bouy, 10 seconds rest between each.  You really want to feel the initial catch of the stroke here.  The second part of the drill should be utilizing the body roll to help finish the stroke under your body long and strong.

5x100 @ 80% effort with 15 seconds rest.  Concentrate on a solid catch and finish that you worked on in the drill.  Your stroke should really feel long here.

10X50 @ 90+%.  Hold your pace...stay at your form threshold as much as possible. (this set is if you have time left)

500 w/d  Long, languid stroke 

Total Yardage = 3250

Thursday
------------
500 w/u, same as above

10x4x25 @ 90+% on 5 seconds rest between 25's, 15 seconds rest between sets.  See if you can negative split your 25's through each four. 

5x50 kicks @75% with zoomers and boards and 15 seconds rest

5x200 @ 75% on 30 seconds rest.  Work on maintaining your pace here.  Do the pace you can maintain, not what you can start out on.  If you can do the first three at 4:30, but your last two tail off, you need to slow down.  All five should be very close.  (if time is short, only do 2-3)

500 w/d

Total yeardage: 3250

Saturday
-----------

500 w/u

5x50 @70% form swim.  throw the clock out the window.  Concentrate on your stroke efficiency here.

3x550 @70% and 30 seconds rest.  Pace! Pace! Pace!  You should be doing these repeats very close to one another, time wise! 

5x100 @90+% kicks w/ zoomers and board.  BURN'EM

10x50 @70% catch up stroke w/ pull bouy  concentrate on your entry, your catch, and finish.  Your entry should be a streamlined entry which leads into a nice fingers down, elbow up catch.

5x100 @90+%  See how fast you can maintain...don't worry so much about dropping pace here.  Get the work in.

500 w/d EASY...do side stroke or float on your back...relax

Total yardage: 3750

The longest you ever swim at one time is 500 yds.  But if you look at the sets themselves, they are actually longer distances.  (10x100 is actually a 1000yd swim and the 3x550 is a 1650yd swim...one mile).  The rest in between allows you to complete these swims at a higher intensity, while maintaining form.   The more you do sets such as this, the more you'll see your times continue to drop.  If you have a 4th day in the week to devote to the pool, it would not hurt you in any way to do a continuous 2500yd swim.  But it's not how a normal workout (IMO) should be structured.  But I will say, that if you are training for a HIM or IM, it would be nice to get the distance in prior to the race as a confidence booster.  

These are only suggestions too.  Mix and match items in each workout to fit your schedule.  If you need to curtail a set because of time, it's ok.  Hope I answered your question! 

2011-01-20 10:44 AM
in reply to: #3256274

User image

Started feeling better towards the end of yesterday...given that all I ate the entire day was two tuna sandwiches...well below my normal food intake.  I went to swim later that night and drank some gatorade to rehydrate and the bloating feeling came back.  Took some Gas-X, and that quickly made me feel better to the point where I could at least sleep.  Couldn't eat dinner...wasn't hungry, and the sight of food on TV made (Denny's 2-4-6-8 commercial) me want to puke.

This morning, I feel normal for the most part, but my stomach is still a bit plump, so I'm guessing it hasn't completely gone away yet...and may simply come back the instant I eat again.  Really hoping I can run this afternoon.

2011-01-20 11:27 AM
in reply to: #3311070

User image

Regular
Augusta
tri808 - 2011-01-20 10:44 AM

Started feeling better towards the end of yesterday...given that all I ate the entire day was two tuna sandwiches...well below my normal food intake.  I went to swim later that night and drank some gatorade to rehydrate and the bloating feeling came back.  Took some Gas-X, and that quickly made me feel better to the point where I could at least sleep.  Couldn't eat dinner...wasn't hungry, and the sight of food on TV made (Denny's 2-4-6-8 commercial) me want to puke.

This morning, I feel normal for the most part, but my stomach is still a bit plump, so I'm guessing it hasn't completely gone away yet...and may simply come back the instant I eat again.  Really hoping I can run this afternoon.

Glad you're starting to feel better Jason!
2011-01-20 1:42 PM
in reply to: #3311202

User image

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 6:27 AM
tri808 - 2011-01-20 10:44 AM

Glad you're starting to feel better Jason!

Thanks...I finally ate a regular meal about 90 minutes ago and everything seems fine. 

The good news is that I've dropped about 3 pounds.  If it will indeed stay off is another question.
2011-01-20 2:36 PM

User image

Pro
Seacoast, NH!
Good to hear you're feeling better Jason.

I'm up for a run and bike tonight.  Probably 3 minute or so run at easy pace and then 45 min or so of bike intervals.
2011-01-20 4:11 PM

User image

Master
North edge of nowhere
Subject: who'da thunk

It wasn't that long ago I would never have thought of swimming as much as you're suggesting; now I'm looking forward to when I'm able to.

So, swim training is more about intervals than about long swims? That does seem much easier; and I think I see how it leads to more ability than just trying to swim distance from the get-go.

Doc says it's simple ITB tendonitis and that I'm already treating it correctly. Since I was able to get a short workout in on the trainer last night, I'll likely start doing that a little more every other day. I should be able to run again by the end of next week, which does me little good as I'm going in for surgery to correct a deviated septum on wednesday. At least I won't feel as bad about not riding or running, since I'll be recovering from that. My GF insists that the doctor is going to be straightening my nose by breaking it with a mallet first. She was all for this when I said it would help my snoring, but now she's apprehensive. I'M the one going in for surgery, and SHE'S the one experiencing anxiety over it.

A mallet? I'd love to know where she got that idea.

2011-01-20 6:17 PM

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
While we are on the topic of swimming I would just like to add a bit of my imut that is in no way right but just how I like to train. First and most importantly while you increase distance or intensityduring your swims, if your forms starts to break down that is a sign you should stop, or hang on the wall and rest yourself. You are doing more harm then good when you are swimming with poor form and if your endurance is not strong enough to battle the fatigue then you should take a step back. Secondly when you are writing sets or reading about sets , I prefer simply to have specific times of rest then leave at intervals. For example, instead of doing 10x100 on 2:00, I would rather do 10x100 with :25 seconds rest each time. I do this for two reasons; a because it keeps me focused on the specific set I am doing and not killing myself to get to the wall for extra rest, and b, because it keeps my rest each interval constant.

Now lets all do our best to become the best fish we can this year!
2011-01-20 7:01 PM

User image

I like the idea of equal rest.  Going to try that tomorrow and see how it goes.

2011-01-20 8:11 PM

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin

I am starting to write my training plan for Racine 70.3 and I am going a different avenue then I did for IM last year. Instead of training by week and doing 3-4 weeks of training followed by a recovery week, I plan on training 23 days, then taking a 5 recovery period. I am mainly doing this as I feel 7 days was too much last year and would like to train more in "blocks" then weeks. Has anyone used this type of schedule before? Any comments or reccomendations? Also since I am only doing the 70.3 distance I was trying to decided what my longest rides/runs should be. Last year I ran mostly by time and it didn't work out, so should I have my long runs exceed 13 miles? Biking and swimming can obviously go longer with the body not taking as much a beating but how far do I really need to go? 70, 80 miles? Just curious to see if anyone has any experience with these ideas.

2011-01-20 8:42 PM
in reply to: #3310999

Extreme Veteran
Morris County, NJ

Thank you for your really detailed and helpful response.

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 11:25 AM  the majority of your workouts should be a lot of higher intensity swims, with some distance sprinkled in.

I have been so fixated on the magic number 3000 yds, that I have been focusing on adding distance rather than intensity.  Essentially, it was a recipe for swimming farther at a mediocre speed.  I definitely see that now.

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 11:25 AM I'll outline a sample workout for a 3x a week swimmer and how the workouts should progress through the weeks.

Unfortunately, I am still at the point where a 3000 yd swim totally wipes me out, and takes around 1-1/2 hours (give or take).  Is it best to swim for an hour and adjust the workout, or should I be swimming 3000+ yds per workout and just slow down and grunt it out?  To shorten these sample workouts, where would you suggest I remove some yardage?  Should I reduce the warm-up/cool-down, or just reduce everything by 15% or 20%?  

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 11:25 AM the pool is in SCY. (allot some extra time per repitition for SCM/LCM).  Adjust as necessary for personal paces and abilities. 

What the heck is this????  I don't speak fish!

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 11:25 AM At any time you should be looking to maintain whatever pace you set in your first repetition in a set, or negative split them.  If you find that you were unable to, you should slow down to find a pace that you can maintain throughout the set without hitting your "form threshold".  (the point where your form sabotages your effort

This is where I need some real work.  I always go out too fast, in races, workouts, whatever--way too fast at the start.  I think I need to invest some time in body awareness in the pool.  I have very little ability to relate my stroke rate & perceived exertion to speed.  To some extent, I think this will come with more experience.

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 11:25 AM Total yardage: 3750 

Ha!  You kill me.

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 11:25 AM Hope I answered your question!  

You, sir, are awesome.

2011-01-20 8:43 PM

User image

I'm currently trying to decide the same thing for my first HIM.  Right now, the way I have it sketched out is to peak at 80 miles on the bike and about 16 on the run.  This assumes ideal training progress.  I'll be happy if I can get to a couple 70's and a couple 14's.

2011-01-20 8:57 PM

Extreme Veteran
Morris County, NJ

I did the USMS One-Hour Postal Swim today, and I think it went really well.  Last year, I swam 2750 yds (2:10 avg pace).  My goal this year was to break that blasted 2-minute pace with a minimum of 3000 yds.  I swim in a 25-yard pool and use open turns.  My 2011 results:

Total Yardage: 3190

Average Pace 1:52

100 yd 1:41.92 (1:42)

200 yd 3:31.2 (1:45)

300 yd 5:21.78 (1:47)

400 yd 7:12.16 (1:47)

500 yd 9:03.08 (1:48)

1000 yd 18:26.85 (1:50)

1650 yd 30:32.39 (1:51)

2000 yd 37:08.31 (1:51)

2500 yd 46:44.35 (1:52)

3000 yd 56:18.87 (1:52)

I went out way too fast so, within 100 yards, "I feel great" quickly became, "Crap! I can't do this for an hour."  This swim absolutely took everything I had and my form was a disaster for the last ten minutes.  I was too weak for a cool-down, so I crawled onto the deck and looked like I was drunk!  I drove away loopy while muttering, "Must find calories."  Doh!  Next time, bring a recovery drink. Idiot.

In all, I am pleased.  When I took my first swim lesson three years ago, I couldn't make it one pool length with a kickboard.  I began to think of the looming date of my first tri as the date of my demise.

Of course, now I want to break that blasted 1:50 pace!

2011-01-20 9:13 PM
in reply to: #3312458

User image

Champion
tri808 - 2011-01-20 7:43 PM

I'm currently trying to decide the same thing for my first HIM. Right now, the way I have it sketched out is to peak at 80 miles on the bike and about 16 on the run. This assumes ideal training progress. I'll be happy if I can get to a couple 70's and a couple 14's.

jason, first, glad you are feeling better.

Now, as far as the training goes, are you looking to try and race your best, or just complete?

I say this because i think over distance training, while it has its place, may slow down the overall week.
In other words, i think you'd gain a bit more be regularly getting in some HARD 40-60 mile rides, or something in the 2-3 hour range, but not going wildly over that, and then turning around and going again.

same with the run, 1:30-2hr tops, but getting in more volume overall. You wont be running enough on its own that a longer run of 16 is really needed. If you were putting all of this time into trying to hit a half marathon goal, i'd say go for that 16mi run, but with all of the other training, i think you are asking for longer recovery than is needed, or will benefit you in the long run.

IE at the HIM distance, if you want to do well, you'll still need a lot of quality work, and it can go a long way in helping you overall. dont get so caught up in the distances that you neglect the harder work (something many many people fall into with longer races and i think you are fit enough to put up with the harder wrok from what i've seen).

2011-01-20 9:17 PM
in reply to: #3312409

User image

Champion
chasingkona - 2011-01-20 7:11 PM

I am starting to write my training plan for Racine 70.3 and I am going a different avenue then I did for IM last year. Instead of training by week and doing 3-4 weeks of training followed by a recovery week, I plan on training 23 days, then taking a 5 recovery period. I am mainly doing this as I feel 7 days was too much last year and would like to train more in "blocks" then weeks. Has anyone used this type of schedule before? Any comments or reccomendations? Also since I am only doing the 70.3 distance I was trying to decided what my longest rides/runs should be. Last year I ran mostly by time and it didn't work out, so should I have my long runs exceed 13 miles? Biking and swimming can obviously go longer with the body not taking as much a beating but how far do I really need to go? 70, 80 miles? Just curious to see if anyone has any experience with these ideas.

I do have my athletes and myself train more in blocks, but not as many normally look at it.

It normally revolves around a 4-8 week build, a few days rest, repeat. within that block there is a focus on 1 or 2 sports, with one getting a bit less attention. so something like 6-8 weeks of full run, 5x a week, bike is hard but 3x a week, swim 3x, then as the legs start to get beat up we down the run a bit, up the swim, etc. gives the legs a break and lets the overall hours stay up. full rest comes as needed vs on a set schedule. That said, overall weekly volumes are a bit lower than a 4/1 or 3/1 build/break ratio, but that lets us get in the full training back to back to back without a break, and then rest when its needed.

Now the downside to this (if you want to look at it this way), is you need to know when to back off, and it means you cannot write the schedule as far out, or if you do, you need to allow for changes as needed.
2011-01-20 9:20 PM
in reply to: #3312486

User image

Pro
Seacoast, NH!
jtrezza - 2011-01-20 9:57 PM

I did the USMS One-Hour Postal Swim today, and I think it went really well.  Last year, I swam 2750 yds (2:10 avg pace).  My goal this year was to break that blasted 2-minute pace with a minimum of 3000 yds.  I swim in a 25-yard pool and use open turns.  My 2011 results:

Total Yardage: 3190

Average Pace 1:52

100 yd 1:41.92 (1:42)

200 yd 3:31.2 (1:45)

300 yd 5:21.78 (1:47)

400 yd 7:12.16 (1:47)

500 yd 9:03.08 (1:48)

1000 yd 18:26.85 (1:50)

1650 yd 30:32.39 (1:51)

2000 yd 37:08.31 (1:51)

2500 yd 46:44.35 (1:52)

3000 yd 56:18.87 (1:52)

I went out way too fast so, within 100 yards, "I feel great" quickly became, "Crap! I can't do this for an hour."  This swim absolutely took everything I had and my form was a disaster for the last ten minutes.  I was too weak for a cool-down, so I crawled onto the deck and looked like I was drunk!  I drove away loopy while muttering, "Must find calories."  Doh!  Next time, bring a recovery drink. Idiot.

In all, I am pleased.  When I took my first swim lesson three years ago, I couldn't make it one pool length with a kickboard.  I began to think of the looming date of my first tri as the date of my demise.

Of course, now I want to break that blasted 1:50 pace!

Nice job!!!  That's a very respectable pace!!  You should be proud of that.  Looks like you have come a long way.  Makes me feel like I better spend more time in the pool if people like you are going to be out there! 
2011-01-20 10:09 PM

Lancaster
LCM/SCM is long course meters and short course meters.  As in LCM is a pool 50 meters long and SCM is 25 meters long. 

2011-01-21 1:20 AM

User image

Thanks for the advice david.

And yes, I'm feeling better, but my workouts were a bit sluggish today because of the weight I lost.  Was down almost 5 pounds this afternoon (compared to Monday morning) before I got on my trainer...then promptly got off after 30 minutes because it didn't feel right.  I promptly stuffed my face with dinner...

My goal is to race my best.  So I'll keep your advice in mind.  Roughly, my goals for the bike and run is 2:50 and 1:55.  My swim goal is to just relax and draft as much as possible...

I can see myself keeping my long bikes to 2.5-3 hours if I'm riding hard...but if I limit my long run to 1.5-2 hours, I'm assuming I shouldn't be doing the whole thing at LSD pace?  I think I may be confusing long runs in marathon training with long runs in HIM training.  In your opinion...are the different?  Because I think I could run 2 hours...with 30 minute warmup, 45-60 minutes steady state (about 8:45-9:00) then cool down for 30 minutes.  That actually sounds more fun than running 14-16 LSD pace.
2011-01-21 4:09 AM
in reply to: #3312455

User image

Regular
Augusta
jtrezza - 2011-01-20 8:42 PM

Thank you for your really detailed and helpful response.

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 11:25 AM  the majority of your workouts should be a lot of higher intensity swims, with some distance sprinkled in.

I have been so fixated on the magic number 3000 yds, that I have been focusing on adding distance rather than intensity.  Essentially, it was a recipe for swimming farther at a mediocre speed.  I definitely see that now.

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 11:25 AM I'll outline a sample workout for a 3x a week swimmer and how the workouts should progress through the weeks.

Unfortunately, I am still at the point where a 3000 yd swim totally wipes me out, and takes around 1-1/2 hours (give or take).  Is it best to swim for an hour and adjust the workout, or should I be swimming 3000+ yds per workout and just slow down and grunt it out?  To shorten these sample workouts, where would you suggest I remove some yardage?  Should I reduce the warm-up/cool-down, or just reduce everything by 15% or 20%?  

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 11:25 AM the pool is in SCY. (allot some extra time per repitition for SCM/LCM).  Adjust as necessary for personal paces and abilities. 

What the heck is this????  I don't speak fish!

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 11:25 AM At any time you should be looking to maintain whatever pace you set in your first repetition in a set, or negative split them.  If you find that you were unable to, you should slow down to find a pace that you can maintain throughout the set without hitting your "form threshold".  (the point where your form sabotages your effort

This is where I need some real work.  I always go out too fast, in races, workouts, whatever--way too fast at the start.  I think I need to invest some time in body awareness in the pool.  I have very little ability to relate my stroke rate & perceived exertion to speed.  To some extent, I think this will come with more experience.

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 11:25 AM Total yardage: 3750 

Ha!  You kill me.

Dagwoodz - 2011-01-20 11:25 AM Hope I answered your question!  

You, sir, are awesome.

Ok, have to appologize to you for the fishtalk...

SCY = Short Course Yards (25 yd pool)
SCM = Short Course Meters (25m pool)
LCM = Long Course Meters (50m pool)

In regards to finding out where to take off of your workout, you should look for sets which are NOT working on form specifically.  Kick sets are normally the first one's which I drop.  Then it's the very high intensity sets after that.  Normally, just dropping the kick sets is enough to fit the workout in.   You can drop part of your w/u or c/d, but I would tend to keep those in there to give your body adequate time to recover.

You said that you're fixated on the magic number 3000y.  That's fine, when you look at the workout in retrospect.  Work your way up to being able to do that through interval training.   One of the ways that I put my workouts together is having some "canned sets".  These are go-to sets that I know I will get something out of.  They are all rest based and not straight interval based.  (i.e. I will have 15 seconds between 100's, vice these 100's will be on 1.45 repeats)  I know how long they will take for me to complete them, so it makes it very easy to throw a workout together knowing how much time I have to complete it. 

In regards to form threshold.  A great way to see if your form is sabotaging your efficiency in the water is stroke count.  (you can also use stroke count to monitor progress as well).  This should be measured week to week, not day to day.  It will force you to lengthen your stroke out as you go.  Concentrate on your stroke count especially when you are doing those sets which are at 70-75% effort.

In regards to going out too fast during your sets, that just takes time in the water.  There's no magic trick to figuring out pace in the water.  The best little "trick" that I can give you is to make your stroke that much longer out front, emphasize the catch with high elbow, and the rest of the stroke should be strong, shallow (i.e. closer to the body), and finish long.   This will slow your turnover down, increase stroke efficiency, decrease stroke count, and put less strain on you so that you can maintain the pace for a longer period of time. 

As far as 3000y being your threshold for yardage, you just have to push through it and go just a little bit farther each time.  Pretty soon, you'll be able to get a 4000y workout in.  The limiting factor for you should be time.  When that happens, just start decreasing the rest time between sets...then between intervals.  Your time per interval will be coming down progressively, so pretty soon you'll be able to complete more yardage in less time. 

BTW, great job on that hour swim.  With those times, you should be able to figure out some killer interval sets which will really help to increase your threshold.
2011-01-21 6:40 AM
in reply to: #3312000

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
Subject: RE: who'da thunk
RBesecke - 2011-01-20 5:11 PM

I'm going in for surgery to correct a deviated septum on wednesday.

I had that procedure done years go. I had constant sinus infections due to the deviation.  It was the best thing that I've ever done medically.  The recovery was longer than I anticipated but it did totally resolve the problem.  I know others who have had similar experiences.  I'm sure it will go well.
2011-01-21 6:42 AM
in reply to: #3312227

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
chasingkona - 2011-01-20 7:17 PM I prefer simply to have specific times of rest then leave at intervals. For example, instead of doing 10x100 on 2:00, I would rather do 10x100 with :25 seconds rest each time.

Yeah, my brain couldn't handle the triathlon math the other way.  I am thankful Coach writes it out 10x100 @ 25 sec recovery, etc.  Smile
2011-01-21 6:52 AM
in reply to: #3312409

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area
chasingkona - 2011-01-20 9:11 PM

Last year for my half, my longest rides were ~70 miles.  My long runs were mostly part of bricks after an hour-ish of riding with my longest run at 11 miles.

2011-01-21 8:14 AM
in reply to: #3312794

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
jmkizer - 2011-01-21 6:42 AM
chasingkona - 2011-01-20 7:17 PM I prefer simply to have specific times of rest then leave at intervals. For example, instead of doing 10x100 on 2:00, I would rather do 10x100 with :25 seconds rest each time.

Yeah, my brain couldn't handle the triathlon math the other way.  I am thankful Coach writes it out 10x100 @ 25 sec recovery, etc.  Smile

short sets like 100's are easy to count laps too! I hate it when I am doing long distance sets and suddenly I forgot my lap count and have to switch to time.
2011-01-21 8:18 AM

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
It is currently -18 degrees with wind chill here right now. I have a 3-4 mile run planned for today....can I do it?
2011-01-21 8:45 AM
in reply to: #3312953

User image

Hugo, MN
chasingkona - 2011-01-21 8:18 AM It is currently -18 degrees with wind chill here right now. I have a 3-4 mile run planned for today....can I do it?

Totally.  It's -18 here as well, but I know it's going to warm to a rather balmy 6 later!
2011-01-21 9:34 AM

User image

Veteran
PA
I am doing my normal wimpy work out today of strength training, then a brick (bike-run) all at the Gym Embarassed
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Newbz' Spring Fling Mentor Group is FULL! Rss Feed  

of 57