----------------
Cheeze.PNG (347KB - 2 downloads)

2016-03-17 1:08 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Trump

Originally posted by ejshowers My view of Trump's campaign slogan....

lol, i could get behind that.  I love grating my own cheese.   

2016-03-21 5:23 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Chicago, IL

This Presidential election is pretty much over.
Whoever is the nominee at the DNC will win the election.

Rubio was the only candidate who was 1) electable, and 2) had a decent chance against either Democratic candidate.
Now he's gone, it's essentially over.

The Republican establishment knows it, too. They are the reason Kasich is still running.
He was persuaded to stay in the race, knowing that if Trump won Ohio, he'd be completely unstoppable.
With Kasich remaining in the race (even though he mathematically cannot win the nomination outright), it maintains the lone hope for the GOP...a contested convention.
A contested convention is basically a nominee mulligan, and will allow the GOP establishment to regain control, and pick an electable candidate.

Outside of a contested RNC, the Dems will be handed the office.
Trump is 100% unelectable (like it or not), Cruz is too right wing to readjust and win over "independents" (besides also being inelgible for POTUS), and Kasich mathematically can't win.

2016-03-21 6:29 PM
in reply to: Brit Abroad

User image

Originally posted by Brit Abroad

Rubio was the only candidate who was 1) electable, and 2) had a decent chance against either Democratic candidate.

The Republican establishment knows it, too. They are the reason Kasich is still running.
He was persuaded to stay in the race, knowing that if Trump won Ohio, he'd be completely unstoppable.
With Kasich remaining in the race (even though he mathematically cannot win the nomination outright), it maintains the lone hope for the GOP...a contested convention.
A contested convention is basically a nominee mulligan, and will allow the GOP establishment to regain control, and pick an electable candidate.

Trump is 100% unelectable (like it or not), Cruz is too right wing to readjust and win over "independents" (besides also being inelgible for POTUS), and Kasich mathematically can't win.

You know how those predictions have gone so far, I would assume?

While none of us knows with certainty how this will play out, I think it's pretty clear on both sides of the isle the population is fed up with both the Dems & Pubs, So there is that. Kasich has less chance of getting elected than either Trump or Cruz, That Radical Racist gun toting, bible thumping knuckle dragging poorly educed group that supports those two Racists, Sexists, Bigots will not vote for Kasich if he is the nominee if he arrives to the dance late in 3rd place. 

2016-03-21 8:33 PM

User image

Pro

For well over 200 years, nobody here cares what anybody from over there thinks.....not liable to change any time soon. 

2016-03-21 9:58 PM

User image

And then there is this. Those non US citizens may want to follow these fellows request?

It sort of sounds as it they are hinting that someone should STFU. 

2016-03-22 9:53 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Chicago, IL

Originally posted by Left Brain

For well over 200 years, nobody here cares what anybody from over there thinks.....not liable to change any time soon. 

You might be interested to learn that I'm every bit as American as you.
Hopefully that will put an end to this passive xenophobia nonsense (tongue-in-cheek or not).

I'm not predicting that Trump can't win the nomination, I actually think he will, and it's fascinating watching the GOP fall apart in real-time.
I'm predicting he can't win the election.
This is clearly something that senior members of the Republican party also acknowledge, otherwise Kasich wouldn't still be running.

They need Kasich to dilute Trump's impact in the primaries, and force a contested nomination. That's quickly becoming the only hope to avoid a Trump nomination, barring unprecedented rule changes at the RNC untethering delegates from their designated nominee, which would presumably result in turmoil, an irreparable divide in the GOP, and a Democratic victory.

The GOP needs a contested convention to select a viable candidate, otherwise the Dems will win the election.
Dispute it all you like. Come November, or possibly July, if my prognostication becomes reality, I'll happily refer you to this post.

2016-03-22 9:57 AM

User image

Pro

Hopefully that will put an end to this passive xenophobia nonsense (tongue-in-cheek or not).

I'm not predicting that Trump can't win the nomination, I actually think he will, and it's fascinating watching the GOP fall apart in real-time.
This is clearly something that senior members of the Republican party also acknowledge, otherwise Kasich wouldn't still be running.

They need Kasich to dilute Trump's impact in the primaries, and force a contested nomination. That's quickly becoming the only hope to avoid a Trump nomination, barring unprecedented rule changes at the RNC untethering delegates from their designated nominee, which would presumably result in turmoil, an irreparable divide in the GOP, and a Democratic victory.

The GOP needs a contested convention to select a viable candidate, otherwise the Dems will win the election.
Dispute it all you like. Come November, or possibly July, if my prognostication becomes reality, I'll happily refer you to this post.

That may be......but who wins the election will depend a lot more on Hillary then it will on Trump.  Trump's "base" isn't going anywhere....I wouldn't definitively say that about Clinton's.

2016-03-22 10:21 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

That may be......but who wins the election will depend a lot more on Hillary then it will on Trump.  Trump's "base" isn't going anywhere....I wouldn't definitively say that about Clinton's.

I think what you guys in the deep red states are forgetting is that the democratic party is no the same party that you see down there.  Southern democrats are incredibly different from northern democrats.  If you look at the electoral map, certain states are going to go republican, and certain states are going to go democratic.  History shows it, polling shows it, its going to happen.  The democrats already have about 247 electoral votes "locked up" yes, maybe 1 or 2 of these states like Virginia could potentially go red, but even then, they are already close to the 270 needed.  The republicans have about 205 locked up, again, states like Nevada or north Carolina could go blue, but probably won't.  That means, the democrats need only win either ohio or florida, or 2 of any other swing states and their in.  they only need 23 of the 85 electoral votes that are up for grabs.   With Hillary's deep African American support, the number of democrats that vote blue no matter what, and the number of independents that understand that trump is a terrible pick for president, it is very hard to conceive of an election that ends up with a republican winner.

and if you don't like my electoral vote count, we can walk through it state by state.

2016-03-22 10:28 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

I get your point of view, but to be honest it's been dead wrong at every turn so far on the Republican side.  "There was no way Trump would ever win and he was always just a fluke..."

Trump has only been shaped by the media to those outside of the Republican party.  His appeal is extremely broad and he will do much better than the media is trying to tell everyone.  He's not a racist, he's not a bigot, he's not a hater.  The media just wants you to believe that so you don't vote for him.

Personally I love that many on the Democratic side share the same attitude you do because they'll lay down and likely not even come out to vote.  I mean, there's no way Trump can win, right...

Personally, I take somewhat of a contrarian view to these things.  The media always wants the Republicans to nominate the candidate that they say is the "only one who can win" and he has lost the last two times (by a lot).  So, now that the media is telling us who "can" win, we know almost for certain that he's the candidate that won't win so we have to look elsewhere.  The candidate that they say can never win (Trump) is by far the most likely to win on the Republican side based on my peer reviewed scientific analysis.  ;-

Rubio is an absolutely embarrassment to the Republican party and would have been a joke candidate in the general election (Jeb would be a close second).  I'm pretty sure just about everyone would have done better than him.  Makes you wonder why the media was pushing him and Jeb so hard doesn't it?

2016-03-22 10:30 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by tuwood

I get your point of view, but to be honest it's been dead wrong at every turn so far on the Republican side.  "There was no way Trump would ever win and he was always just a fluke..."

Trump has only been shaped by the media to those outside of the Republican party.  His appeal is extremely broad and he will do much better than the media is trying to tell everyone.  He's not a racist, he's not a bigot, he's not a hater.  The media just wants you to believe that so you don't vote for him.

Personally I love that many on the Democratic side share the same attitude you do because they'll lay down and likely not even come out to vote.  I mean, there's no way Trump can win, right...

Personally, I take somewhat of a contrarian view to these things.  The media always wants the Republicans to nominate the candidate that they say is the "only one who can win" and he has lost the last two times (by a lot).  So, now that the media is telling us who "can" win, we know almost for certain that he's the candidate that won't win so we have to look elsewhere.  The candidate that they say can never win (Trump) is by far the most likely to win on the Republican side based on my peer reviewed scientific analysis.  ;-

Rubio is an absolutely embarrassment to the Republican party and would have been a joke candidate in the general election (Jeb would be a close second).  I'm pretty sure just about everyone would have done better than him.  Makes you wonder why the media was pushing him and Jeb so hard doesn't it?

trump, and most of his supporters, are racists.  to say otherwise is completely farcical. 

2016-03-22 10:31 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro

Originally posted by dmiller5

I think what you guys in the deep red states are forgetting is that the democratic party is no the same party that you see down there.  Southern democrats are incredibly different from northern democrats.  If you look at the electoral map, certain states are going to go republican, and certain states are going to go democratic.  History shows it, polling shows it, its going to happen.  The democrats already have about 247 electoral votes "locked up" yes, maybe 1 or 2 of these states like Virginia could potentially go red, but even then, they are already close to the 270 needed.  The republicans have about 205 locked up, again, states like Nevada or north Carolina could go blue, but probably won't.  That means, the democrats need only win either ohio or florida, or 2 of any other swing states and their in.  they only need 23 of the 85 electoral votes that are up for grabs.   With Hillary's deep African American support, the number of democrats that vote blue no matter what, and the number of independents that understand that trump is a terrible pick for president, it is very hard to conceive of an election that ends up with a republican winner.

and if you don't like my electoral vote count, we can walk through it state by state.

Ohio and Florida are certainly not sure things for Hillary......and could just as easily go to Trump depending on how this plays out.  I think your math is ok, but like I said, it depends on Hillary.....she's only slightly less prone to stupidity than Trump is....and their egos are a dead heat.

BTW - there is huge discontent with Hillary from young African American's.  I've read accounts from many saying they would just sit out the election rather then vote for her.

It's early.....I think you guys have an edge with your prediction....but there is plenty of time for the whole deal to blow up with those two idiots in the front.

2016-03-22 11:10 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

trump, and most of his supporters, are racists.  to say otherwise is completely farcical. 

Lol, you crack me up.

So in what way am I racist?  Or am I just the exception?
Perhaps my wife is the racist?  Well, for it to be a majority one of us have to be a racist.  ;-)

I find it humorous when people label other people because they don't understand them.  You simply do not understand Trumps appeal, so you feel you must label his supporters as racists to make it work in your head.  I will caution you because this is the exact same line of thinking that causes people to label other groups of people that are different incorrectly.  (It's called Prejudice)

Does Trump have racist supporters?  Of course he does.  Does Hillary have racist supporters?  Of course she does.
I would however counter that neither of them have any more racist supporters than the other because racism has been on the decline for many decades in America.  Racism still exists, but it's getting less and less every generation that passes.

2016-03-22 11:16 AM

User image

what has Trump said or done to get you to arrive at that conclusion?

2016-03-22 11:23 AM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

he was sued twice for not renting apartment to African americans.

he doesn't condemn the white supremacist groups who campaign for him

His stance on the central park five, even after they have been exponerated

when he said the black lives matter protester deserved to be assaulted

when a latino man was assaulted, he says his supporters are passionate and that he stands behind them

he said racist things about jews being good with money

and he called the illegal immigrants criminals and rapists

2016-03-22 11:31 AM

User image

when a latino man was assaulted, he says his supporters are passionate and that he stands behind them

Provide factual evidence to back up what you have said. 

You are worst than a racist, using the term to describe people who disagree with you. It diminishes the actual meaning of the word, completely despicable. 

You may want to look up the definition of racist. 

2016-03-22 11:51 AM
in reply to: crusevegas

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by crusevegas

You are worst than a racist, using the term to describe people who disagree with you. It diminishes the actual meaning of the word, completely despicable. 

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2015/12/03/donald-trump-republican-jewish-coalition-negotiator-bts.cnn

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-governments-racial-bias-case-against-donald-trumps-company-and-how-he-fought-it/2016/01/23/fb90163e-bfbe-11e5-bcda-62a36b394160_story.html

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/12/donald-trump-death-penalty/420069/

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/feb/17/donald-trump-central-park-five-jogger-death-penalty-new-york-video

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/21/politics/trump-muslims-surveillance/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/11/22/black-activist-punched-at-donald-trump-rally-in-birmingham/

I have to work at the moment, I can bring some more examples later if you want to be a dick again.

2016-03-22 12:08 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by crusevegas

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2015/12/03/donald-trump-republican-jewish-coalition-negotiator-bts.cnn

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/inside-the-governments-racial-bias-case-against-donald-trumps-company-and-how-he-fought-it/2016/01/23/fb90163e-bfbe-11e5-bcda-62a36b394160_story.html

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/28/politics/donald-trump-white-supremacists/

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/07/politics/donald-trump-muslim-ban-immigration/

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/12/donald-trump-death-penalty/420069/

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2016/feb/17/donald-trump-central-park-five-jogger-death-penalty-new-york-video

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/21/politics/trump-muslims-surveillance/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/11/22/black-activist-punched-at-donald-trump-rally-in-birmingham/

I have to work at the moment, I can bring some more examples later if you want to be a dick again.

This in no way means you are not despicable. 

2016-03-22 1:32 PM

User image

Chicago, IL

I'm confused by your use of quotation marks. I've never made that statement.

If you go back and look at my post on 12/9/15, you'll note that my "Groundhog Day" Republican election statement is eerily accurate.
Almost as though I owned a Delorean. Seriously, go check it out.

I agree with LB's comment that Trump's base is going nowhere, and with good reason, they're clearly only voting for divisive rhetoric and isolationalism. Not exactly a progressive path for the former global superpower. The problem is, that's literally all he has when it comes to the ballot box.
Given the current, realistic crop of GOP candidates (Cruz or Trump), Dems will vote for Bernie or Hillary. Nobody is switching sides of the aisle for either of the GOP fanatics. However, and this is the key, if Trump wins the nomination, huge swathes of lifelong GOP voters will absolutely switch or abstain, rather than drop a ballot for Trump. It's just too big a risk, and sensible heads will prevail.

2016-03-22 1:41 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite

Wow, I am a fairly consistent left o' center fellow here, and I disagree with your assertion.
Donald Trump, in my opinion, is not a racist. He doesn't see black and white, he sees green.

• ..and, I'll add, any poll you see about a general election right now means nothing.
  • November is completely up in the air.

btw, I also believe Trump is much more electable in the general than Cruz. just my 2 cents.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy 2016-03-22 1:43 PM
    2016-03-22 2:18 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

I'm confused by your use of quotation marks. I've never made that statement.

If you go back and look at my post on 12/9/15, you'll note that my "Groundhog Day" Republican election statement is eerily accurate.
    Almost as though I owned a Delorean. Seriously, go check it out.

I agree with LB's comment that Trump's base is going nowhere, and with good reason, they're clearly only voting for divisive rhetoric and isolationalism. Not exactly a progressive path for the former global superpower. The problem is, that's literally all he has when it comes to the ballot box.
    Given the current, realistic crop of GOP candidates (Cruz or Trump), Dems will vote for Bernie or Hillary. Nobody is switching sides of the aisle for either of the GOP fanatics. However, and this is the key, if Trump wins the nomination, huge swathes of lifelong GOP voters will absolutely switch or abstain, rather than drop a ballot for Trump. It's just too big a risk, and sensible heads will prevail.

Sorry, I wasn't quoting you directly. I was merely generally quoting the mindset of people who insist Trump can never win anything.

As for the Republicans getting behind Trump there was just a poll a few days ago by the NY Times and CBS that shows it's mythology to believe the Republican party won't get behind him.
    https://www.scribd.com/doc/305562193/New-York-Times-CBS-Poll-3-21-16

The percentages of people who will get behind Trump no matter what are considerably higher than the ones who would get behind Cruz and very close to Kasich.
    So, that part is a non issue.

Dmiller does make a great point about the delegate math because it is what really matters in the presidential race.  I'm genuinely curious how that looks once we get past the conventions and have our actual nominees.  Trump has the ability to draw more support in the traditional swing states for various reasons than the Romney/McCain types.  I'm not sure that he can get over the hump, but the Democrats have been pooping on big labor for so long it's not a stretch to see a sentiment of anger cost them a solid blue collar blue state as well.

Then again, Hillary could get indicted in October and not even be able to run.  lol   This is such a fun race.  

2016-03-22 2:24 PM
    in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Master
    Minnetonka, Minnesota
    Bronze member
    Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Wow, I am a fairly consistent left o' center fellow here, and I disagree with your assertion.
    Donald Trump, in my opinion, is not a racist. He doesn't see black and white, he sees green.

• ..and, I'll add, any poll you see about a general election right now means nothing.

btw, I also believe Trump is much more electable in the general than Cruz. just my 2 cents.

I don't agree that general election polls mean nothing, not much, but something a bit more than nothing. And, as a big anti-Trump guy, I'd rather see these polls than the opposite. Factor in Trumps huge negative favorability (-28.5), which is even worse among minorities and women, and the demographic and electoral college advantage for the Ds, I don't see him winning in November unless Hillary implodes or is indicted.

(RCPCvT.PNG)

Attachments
    ----------------
    RCPCvT.PNG (75KB - 5 downloads)
    2016-03-22 3:12 PM

User image

Pro
    Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers

Wow, I am a fairly consistent left o' center fellow here, and I disagree with your assertion. Donald Trump, in my opinion, is not a racist. He doesn't see black and white, he sees green. ...and, I'll add, any poll you see about a general election right now means nothing. November is completely up in the air. btw, I also believe Trump is much more electable in the general than Cruz. just my 2 cents.
    I don't agree that general election polls mean nothing, not much, but something a bit more than nothing. And, as a big anti-Trump guy, I'd rather see these polls than the opposite. Factor in Trumps huge negative favorability (-28.5), which is even worse among minorities and women, and the demographic and electoral college advantage for the Ds, I don't see him winning in November unless Hillary implodes or is indicted.

The irony is that Hillary's favorability rating is barely behind Trumps and everyone already knows her.  Trump still has a lot of room to convince people he's not the monster that the media has made him out to be.  Hillary's pretty much saddled with what she is, it will be hard for her to change anyones mind.

2016-03-22 3:13 PM

User image

Champion
    Brooklyn, NY

Does Trump have racist supporters?  Of course he does.  Does Hillary have racist supporters?  Of course she does.
    I would however counter that neither of them have any more racist supporters than the other  

dmiller's comment was ridiculous, but this one is a close second. Everyone sees it but you. Or maybe you just can't admit to yourself that you're sharing a presidential candidate with a bunch of avowed, openly racist people?

There have been countless, Tony, countless examples of overt racism among Trump's supporters since the campaign started. White kids chanting "Trump, Trump, Trump" at black and Hispanic kids at basketball games, comments like the kind that LB referenced in his "elephant in the room" post about Trump finally putting the minorities back in their place, not to mention David Duke's endorsement of him, etc. Ok? What's the equivalent to a KKK member endorsing Trump on the Clinton side? And don't say Louis Farrakhan, because he's voting for Trump too.

To draw an equivalence between the racism among Trump supporters and Hillary's supporters is just plain old denial. I don't' even think you believe it yourself; you just can't admit that you share a Presidential candidate with these idiots, so you're trying to make yourself feel better about it by pretending that it's the same on both sides.
    2016-03-22 3:28 PM

User image

Elite
    Originally posted by ejshowers

I completely understand your perspective. I am always looking over to realclearpolitics to see the latest polls in states like "Massachississippee." (nod to my fellow Colbert fans out there)

But seriously, when it comes to "negative favorability," (boy what a crazy term, eh?) Hillary isn't winning any popularity contests either.

The anti-Trump sentiment is blown out of proportion, and I'll explain why. Right now, when Rs are polled, do you think Cruz or Kasich supporters are going to give positive feedback or negative for Trump? Heck, even recently departed candidates' supporters will have axes to grind. Once the Rs declare their nominee, instantly his favorability will bounce up. Why? A very small %, VERY small, like Donald's hands small! % of Rs would consider voting for Hillary.
    On the other hand, toss in a few more Brussels events, God-forbid one or more on US soil, some more ISIS beheadings, etc. some economic trouble...the ABC (anyone but Clinton) voter bloc will grow, with the potential to turn a few key blue states to red.

On a positive note for Hillary, she can only improve in the area of charisma, which is very under-emphasized by a lot of pundits. Love him or hate him, Trump's got charisma.
    Like Tony said, it's such an interesting race.

New Thread
    Other Resources The Political Joe » Trump Rss Feed  

of 40