BT Development Mentor Program Archives » COgirl's Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 34

2007-09-03 7:53 PM
in reply to: #641608

User image

MotoQueen
Subject: RE: COgirl's Group - FULL
Heather, what a change in the pictures. Way to go girl.

2007-09-04 1:46 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Hi everyone!  Happy "back to the daily grind day after the long weekend"  

Heather, your pictures are AWESOME!  You look great and are absolutely beautiful!  You are an absolute inspiration!

Kendra, yay...a granddaughter!  I agree, girl baby clothes are much more fun   Good luck in your sprint this weekend!

Z, lol on the buckwheat!  But good for you....diet changes are hard to do especially when you are cooking for other people. 

Jill, where in your knee does it hurt?  I bet it's the shoes....and probably not the lack of stretching before.  What is the status today? 

Mel, good luck in your tri this weekend too (I think you have one on the 9th?)

Kateri, did you sign up for the tri this weekend?

Hope you all are well and enjoy the short work week!

2007-09-04 2:00 PM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas

My knee is feeling MUCH better. I think I am going to try to run on it tonight. It still hurts a bit if I try to squat down. I guess if I had to say where it hurts it would be in the front part of my knee. It started on the outside of my knee, then yesterday was on the inside and now there is just a hint in the center. Any thoughts?

Also, I am thinking of signing up for an oly tri on Sept. 16 as a practice for my HIM which is 3 weeks later. Cathy - do you think that is an OK time span to start tapering down after an oly 3 weeks out? I haven't done a tri since the beginning of June and am now feeling like I need one more practice before my HIM. 

Hope everyone had a nice long weekend!

Jill 

2007-09-04 2:08 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Huh, not sure Jill!  That knee pain sure moves a lot....probably just inflammation. 

As far as the oly...I think that would probably be ok.  (as long as the knee is ok!).  I think you'd recover from the oly fairly quickly and would be ok for the HIM!  Go for it

2007-09-05 7:11 AM

User image

Veteran
SC

Heather does look great!  She has done an awesome job!

Kendra, Congrats on your soon-to-be here Granddaughter!  I know you must be really excited.

Jill, I hope your knee gets better soon.  I don't know enough about injuries to know exactly what it is.  You may want to ask on the general tri board I'm sure you would get a lot of feedback.

Z, Congrats on the weight loss, good for you! I need to change my eating habits like you have.  I am a sugar addict.

Heather & I have the Dash for Divas all womens race this Sunday at White Lake.  I pulled a muscle in my lower back last weekend and it hasn't gone away.  I think it was caused from increasing my running; distance, pace, and working on my form all at one time.  I am looking for a solution to get rid of this quickly.

I hope everyone is having a good week!

Mel  

2007-09-06 8:47 AM

User image

MotoQueen
Cathy, I've had the Atlanta 2-day Breast Cancer walk on my schedule for a long time, just hadn't put it on the training blog. I am doing it with a group of 8 women and my husband is crewing for the walk. It will be an awesome and inspiring weekend. Here is the link to my page, https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=201060&l... (hope I put it in as a link and not just a bunch of gobbly gook.) Oh yeah, if you go and look, you'll see me bald but in a hat. My hubby had more hair than me for most of last year, and he is balding and has been for years. Bald is beautiful.

This weekend is my last sprint for the year. Then the 2-day walk at the end of the month, and then the 1/2 mary in December. We are going to do a 5K Flashlight run on new years eve and then the resolution 5K run on Jan 1st. My hubby was last on the Flashlight run last year and he doesn't want to be last this year. He better get out walking and running if he wants to change that.

Edited by kns57 2007-09-06 8:50 AM

2007-09-06 8:54 AM

User image

MotoQueen
Heather & Mel, good luck on the Dash for Divas race this Sunday. The race I did in August was women only and it really was a blast not having the guys around to trample us. Have a great race and have lots of fun.

Cathy I think you are racing next weekend right? Where is your mary in November?

Anyone else racing this weekend besides Heather, Mel & me? If you are, Good Luck and have fun.
2007-09-10 7:26 AM

User image

Veteran
SC

How did your race go Kendra?  I hope everything went well.

We didn't end up doing the race this weekend.  I had pulled a muscle at the beginning of the week and it was still really hurting on Friday.  It hurt most to sit.  I feel bad about not being able to go esp since Heather & I were going together.  I didn't ever think I wouldn't be able to do a race no matter what.  I didn't want to make it worse by racing.  I went back and forth on whether to go or not.  I didn't do anything this weekend to just let it rest.  It's feeling better now.  I'm not sure what exactly caused it.  I know I'm going to start working on strengthening my abs & back.

Mel  

2007-09-10 2:23 PM

User image

MotoQueen
Race went really well. My times improved in all areas except the transitions. I was really slow in transition, but the transition area was really really large, but that is no excuse for how much extra time it took me. Wet and recently cut grass was part of the issue. Trying to get the grass off the feet before putting the shoes on. I have done the race report so check it out.

Ladies, a friend of mine racing slipped on her handle bars, hitting her front brakes on the bike and went head over heels. She ended up going to the hospital, getting stiches in her lip and has a hairline fracture in her skull. Just a reminder to always ride safe and wisely. Keep her in your prayers for a speedy recovery. She is supposed to go to France on a 10 day bike ride in three weeks. We are all waiting to see what her doctor says.

Sorry you missed your race this weekend. Hope that you heal quickly, but glad to know that you are taking care of yourself and not trying to overdo with an injury.
2007-09-10 6:18 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Kendra, bald is beautiful and you look beautiful in that picture!  Also, congrats on your awesome race this weekend...it's so nice to see improvements from race to race!  You still have lots going on the rest of the year! 

Bike accidents are scary stuff.  And thanks for the reminder!

Mel, sorry you couldn't race!  What a bummer.  And I see that nutrition "apple"....I'd love to hear your thoughts about the nutrition program if you have a minute.

I have a race on Sunday....a sprint.  Marathon is 11/18 in Philadelphia.  That will be nice because it is the Sunday before Thanksgiving, and this way, my family and I can visit our parents and extended family.  My family and my inlaws all live in the area. 

I have returned to Masters swimming...man oh man, good stuff.  It really pushes me beyond my limits!  It's good stuff if you have a Masters group in your area!

2007-09-12 9:14 AM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas

I signed up to do an oly on Sunday as a training race for my HIM in a few weeks. My knee was doing much better until this morning's run and now it is hurting a bit again. I will probably hold off on any more running until Sunday and hope that it is feeling better.

I went to a talk given by Chris Leigh, pro triathlete, on training for HIM an IM distances. It was really interesting, but still so much of it way over my head. I think I am starting to understand a bit more on the nutrition front and the aerobic and anaerobic training. It is lots to absorb! The funny thing was that a few minutes into the talk I realized that I recognized Chris from  a couple of years ago when I was in Vail and he came to our house, knocked on the door and asked if he could borrow my dad's fishing waders to go fly fishing. I remembered him because of his Australian accent, plus the fact that I thought it was a bit of a random request.

Kendra - hope your friend is doing better! One of the main Race Director's in this area, Jack Weiss, was recently in a bike accident where a beginner cyclist fell on his bike trying to get to his water. Jack couldn't stop in time, hit him going 25mph and was catapulted over a bridge down to a concrete imbankment. It is amazing that he is still alive! He seems to be doing much better and is out of the hospital after a couple of weeks. Scary stuff!

Cathy - Good luck on your sprint this weekend. I am still debating doing a full marathon at the first of December. My training partner is doing it, but I am still not sure. I will probably decide after the HIM next month.

Mel - sorry to hear about your DNS, but probably best to let your injury heal. That is probably why my knee is still hurting because I didn't let it heal all the way. I don't know, it did feel good for awhile.

2007-09-12 9:12 PM

User image

Veteran
Hi Girlies---

I hope you are all doing well. I was bummed that we did not get to race but it had been a really LONG week for me and I REALLY needed the rest. My grandpa passed away on Labor Day---and my gram is sick with lung cancer, and my 50 year old aunt died of cancer in March. This has been a challenging year for my family--I am hoping that no more bad health karma comes our way!!!!

It sounds like everyone is healing nicely---I am so glad to hear it! You all are such RUNNERS in here!!!! Marathon half mary OLY....you all rock! I would crash and burn. I am really going to work on my running next year!!!

Some exciting news for me----I am getting certified to teach indoor spin/cycling class this coming Sunday!!! I go alot anyhow so why not teach too??? I am hoping to encourage beginners not to be afraid of the bike or to be embaressed!!!! It was REALLY hard to get up the confidence to go to a class when I started....I want to encourage those people!!!!

The bike accident stories freak me out. I have had a few really bad mountain biking falls....I worry alot about wrecking or getting hit by a car as Charlotte traffic and motorists can be CRAZY.

Anyhow I hope that you all are okay! I am rooting for all of you.

Heather

PS AND CATHY KEEP SWIMMING GOOD WORK!

Edited by countregirl 2007-09-12 9:14 PM
2007-09-13 4:34 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

You all continually amaze me.  Heather...how AWESOME are you for becoming a spin instructor!!!???  That is so cool!  I will continue with Masters....it pushes me much harder than swimming on my own! 

Almost seems like there will be no off-season for all of you   LOL, you are all so gung-ho, it's awesome! 

My last tri of the season is Sunday.  I'm READY and raring to go.  I've been injured all season it seems, so now I'm ready   Then I switch to lots o' running. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

2007-09-14 10:17 AM

User image

MotoQueen
Good luck on the race this weekend, Cathy. Have fun!

Heather, awesome news on being and instructor for spin classes. Way to go girl. Bet you would not have thought you would be doing this a year or two ago.

Running, my hubby and I are going to follow a 8 week program to go from couch to running a 5K. As you all know, I walk the run portion, but have decided that I can't walk any faster, so it is time to start running. Wish my old bones luck.

Have a great weekend everyone (I'll be at work). Two week to my 2-Day walk where I will be walking 30 miles in 2 days. It will be an awesome weekend. I'm so looking forward to it.

Kendra
2007-09-16 8:40 AM

User image

MotoQueen
I have to laugh. This morning I got out and did the first run/walk training. 60 seconds running & 90 seconds walking. It took me longer to go the distance than when I just walk. Pretty funny, huh?
2007-09-21 11:58 AM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

LOL Kendra!  Keep at it, it will get better! 

How's everyone doing? 

I had my tri last Sunday and was 5th in my AG...I was pretty happy with that.  Seems like after almost an entire year of rebuilding post-baby, I'm back to my pre-baby speeds.  Now I'm focusing on marathon training which is less than 2 months away!  ACK! 

2007-09-21 1:00 PM

User image

Veteran
Hi girls

Good job Kendra I will be interested to see how that running training goes for you...I plan on taking that up in Jan when I am fully healed.

Cathy WTG!!! You rock!

I signed up for one more tri on Oct. 7th in Charlotte, and got in! It is a small sprint I hope that I do okay. I am in the Athena catagory haha! If I weighed less than 150 I would be a beanpole!

Mel (lialog) and I had a lovely bike ride on Wed am. The weather has been drop dead gorgeous here!!! I had a great time...it keeps getting easier to road ride. Still working on the hills my mantra has been "the hills are my friends, the hills are my friends, ...." I just keep saying that in my head hoping it will stick!

33 days and counting till surgery OMG I am getting freaked out! It will be worth it. I think I mentioned before I am having a TT (abdominoplasty) on Oct 26th. Cannot wait!!!!! I need it badly from losing so much weight! The ony thing I am very hesitant about is not being able to tain for 6 weeks...

Have a great weekend. I am doing the second part of my exercise certification this weekend.

heather
2007-09-21 2:23 PM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas

Heather - glad to hear the cycling is getting better for you. I have found that the more I ride, the more I enjoy it. That is until recently when I have had some major issues with flat tires, including a flat in my race on Sunday. I also had one yesterday on my long ride and was about ready to retire from biking all together.

Cathy - 5th in your AG is AWESOME! I can only aspire at this point, but I was so excited to get my run pace to under a 10 min pace for the oly tri on Sunday. I think I am finally making progress.

Kendra - good luck on the training! I am sure you will get faster with practice.

I am almost 2 weeks out from my HIM and getting pretty nervous. My husband and I are going to do a 50/10 brick on Sunday as I still am having a hard time imagining doing the full distance of the HIM. I think I am also going to do a half marathon in Seattle at Thanksgiving and still considering a full marathon in December. I thought I was really losing it until I met Gina (grvfrg) on Sunday at a race. She did a Double IM last year and is training for a triple this year, now that is NUTS!!!

2007-09-21 3:19 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Jill you are doing totally awesome....and just think of all the practice you are getting on changing flat tires!

Heather, you always amaze me.  LOL, another sprint!  YAY! 

And speaking of Gina (grvfrog), I got to witness her double IM last year.  It was a total blast and she's doing the triple IM in about 2 weeks!  She's an amazing woman!

2007-09-21 5:21 PM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas
Cathy - where was the double that she did last year? Were you there for the event?
2007-09-22 12:35 PM
in reply to: #974899

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

texmom - 2007-09-21 4:21 PM Cathy - where was the double that she did last year? Were you there for the event?

Lake Anna State park in VA (that's where it is every year - the triple starts on Friday, and the double starts on Saturday).  I was on maternity leave and my dad lives in VA and I happened to be there at the time, so I went to the race and helped out.  It was a lot of fun!  If any of you have some time, read this: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=57549   It's Gina's RR from the double and it's a long one! 

2007-09-23 3:31 PM

User image

MotoQueen
Wow! I just read the race report and that is awesome. I'm just begining to dream about doing a HIM and there she is doing a double with only one IM under her.

I have decided to wait another week on the run training. The 2-Day walk is this coming weekend. 20 miles on Saturday, 10 on Sunday. Sounds like nothing after reading the double, but will be such an inspiring event. I'm walking with 7 other friends and my husband is one of the motocrew. Going to be staying downtown Atlanta for the weekend. It will be fun. I'll fillyou all in afterwards.

One of the girls who is doing the two day with me is then going to train for the run with me. So I will have lots of company between Kimberly and my husband.
2007-09-30 2:19 PM

User image

MotoQueen
Well girls I did my two day walk. It was a lot of fun. Took longer each day than I had anticipated because I did not take into account having to be stopped at intersections for traffic. That is a big difference between a race and a walk. My team and I had a lot of fun. We raised over 9K as a team and the walk raised 1.5 million. WOW! I have signed up to crew it next year. I'm going to be part of the bicycle patrol. I figure with all the biking for TRI's I'll be great for riding along with the ride. I figure that for the 20 miles we walked on saturday, the bikeriders did about 50-60 miles.
2007-09-30 9:53 PM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas
Congrats Kendra and good for your team for all the money raised!
2007-09-30 10:48 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Kendra that is AWESOME!  You are amazing....I am so proud to know you!    What a cool thing to do! 

Now Miss Jill....ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE?????? 

How are the rest of you?  Off season blues at all?

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » COgirl's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 34