of 7

2009-06-25 1:47 PM
in reply to: #2243036

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Subject: RE: The new BO health care plan
Global - 2009-06-25 1:44 PM

Nelg - 2009-06-25 8:21 AMThey like their systems because they don't know any better and they think it's free when it really comes out of the taxes of the middle class and wealthy.

Trust me, folks in Canada and Germany who have to wait six weeks for an MRI for something like a knee injury would like their systems a whole lot less if there were here and could have it done in less than a week. No system is perfect, and while ours is expensive, it's blazing fast and you have choices. Now my tax dollars are going to pay for more things that I don't need.

I don't know any better?  Seriously...  Do know that you pay more per capita for health care in the US then we do in Canada.  More of your tax dollars pay for health care then mine.   And added to that Canadians know perfectly well that they pay taxes for the health care they get and we don't consider it free.  That comment is insulting.  

And no I don't trust you.  I would gladly wait 6 weeks for an MRI for something non life treatening if it means that all of my fellow citizens have access to health care.  We are a privlaged country with a high standard of living.  The least we can do for our citizens who help build and shape this country is let them live thier lives knowing that when they need care it wont bankrupt them.  Some take advantage but most people are good people who make our country the great nation that it is.  There will always be those that take advantage.  You can design your system to punish them or have faith that most people are honest and want whats best for themselves and their neighbour (which is more often the not the same thing). 

considering medicare in some parts of the country pays more per person then their per capita income.. I'd say yes.. we pay way too much for care,, plus it hasnt' been shown that having more care is better for the patient.   It sounds silly but sadly true

2009-06-25 1:48 PM
in reply to: #2242950

Master

run4yrlif - 2009-06-25 2:21 PM
hamiltks10 - 2009-06-25 1:58 PM

run4yrlif - 2009-06-25 1:48 PM
Nelg - 2009-06-25 1:30 PM
run4yrlif - 2009-06-25 11:28 AM
Nelg - 2009-06-25 11:21 AM
AcesFull - 2009-06-25 10:05 AM

You are already involuntarily paying into a system through higher premiums that cover uninsured people when they show up at the hospital.

As to your claim that other countries' systems do not work, you need to look at the research and not the pundits.  People who live in countries with national healthcare plans (meaning EVERYONE ELSE) by in large LOVE their systems and often ridicule the US for our failure to provide basic coverage to our citizens.

They like their systems because they don't know any better and they think it's free when it really comes out of the taxes of the middle class and wealthy.

So...poor, ignorant foriegners?
Interesting inference, you sound prejudiced. So you don't acknowledge that the guy that makes a million a year is paying more taxes than the guy who makes $30k?

Wait. What? Did you read what you wrote?

"They like their systems because they don't know any better and they think it's free when it really comes out of the taxes of the middle class and wealthy."

You didn't imply that the foriegn users of universal health care are ignorant? If not...please correct me.

Saying that they don't know any difference is not saying that they are ignorant.  You are not stupid if you've only experienced something one way for your entire life.  You are implying that Glen is saying they are stupid. 

If you've only experienced something one way for your entire life then you do not have much to base your opinions on.  You may feel like it's fine and you may be happy with it.  BUT....there just might be a better way.  That doesn't make you stupid or ignorant.  It just means you have lacked options/experience and don't know any different.

"Ignorant" and "stupid" are different. I never said Glen said they were stupid. I said Glen said they were ignorant. Which he did.

Ignorance is the state in which one lacks knowledge, is unaware of something or chooses to subjectively ignore information. This should not be confused with being unintelligent, as one's level of intelligence and level of education or general awareness are not the same. The word "Ignorant" is an adjective describing a person in the state of being unaware. The term may be used specifically (e.g. "One can be an expert in math, and totally ignorant of history.") or generally (e.g. "an ignorant person.") -- although the second use is used less as a descriptive and more as an imprecise personal insult.

I do not think Glens intent was to insult, but that is how you make it sound, IMO.

2009-06-25 1:50 PM

Master

Global - 2009-06-25 2:44 PM

Nelg - 2009-06-25 8:21 AMThey like their systems because they don't know any better and they think it's free when it really comes out of the taxes of the middle class and wealthy.

Trust me, folks in Canada and Germany who have to wait six weeks for an MRI for something like a knee injury would like their systems a whole lot less if there were here and could have it done in less than a week. No system is perfect, and while ours is expensive, it's blazing fast and you have choices. Now my tax dollars are going to pay for more things that I don't need.

I don't know any better?  Seriously...  Do know that you pay more per capita for health care in the US then we do in Canada.  More of your tax dollars pay for health care then mine.   And added to that Canadians know perfectly well that they pay taxes for the health care they get and we don't consider it free.  That comment is insulting.  

And no I don't trust you.  I would gladly wait 6 weeks for an MRI for something non life treatening if it means that all of my fellow citizens have access to health care.  We are a privlaged country with a high standard of living.  The least we can do for our citizens who help build and shape this country is let them live thier lives knowing that when they need care it wont bankrupt them.  Some take advantage but most people are good people who make our country the great nation that it is.  There will always be those that take advantage.  You can design your system to punish them or have faith that most people are honest and want whats best for themselves and their neighbour (which is more often the not the same thing). 

Shoot.

2009-06-25 1:52 PM
in reply to: #2241995

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2009-06-25 1:55 PM
in reply to: #2243050

Giver
hamiltks10 - 2009-06-25 2:48 PM

I do not think Glens intent was to insult, but that is how you make it sound, IMO.

His intent may not have been to insult, but that's how *he* made it sound. I didn't write his words.

But, I guess you can take it up with the Canadian who posted above if you don't want to take my word for it.
2009-06-25 2:01 PM
in reply to: #2243080

2009-06-25 2:03 PM

Master

I guess I just don't understand what incentive will be left to go to work.  Why bust my tail day in and out when I could still be fully insured, receive unemployment pay, get food stamps, etc. and have all of my free time to myself.  After Uncle Sam takes close to 45% of my pay in taxes now, it doesn't sound to me like my lifestyle would change that much by living off the government.

I don't have an answer on how to lower costs.  I guess I just do not fundamentally believe that it is a RIGHT to have health care coverage.  You should have to earn that just as you earn your paycheck.  I believe it's still considered a "benefit" and part of my total compensation package for the job I do and I'm ok with that.

Edited by hamiltks10 2009-06-25 2:04 PM
2009-06-25 2:05 PM
in reply to: #2243102

Giver
PennState - 2009-06-25 3:01 PM
run4yrlif - 2009-06-25 2:55 PM

His intent may not have been to insult, but that's how *he* made it sound. I didn't write his words.

But, I guess you can take it up with the Canadian who posted above if you don't want to take my word for it.

lol, "the Canadian"... did you write it that way intentionally, it's pretty funny

What'd I miss? James is Canadian, right? Or at least from BC, right?
2009-06-25 2:06 PM
in reply to: #2243111

Giver
hamiltks10 - 2009-06-25 3:03 PM

After Uncle Sam takes close to 45% of my pay in taxes now, it doesn't sound to me like my lifestyle would change that much by living off the government.

My incentive (among others) is that Sam ain't gonna pay my mortgage or race entry fees.

2009-06-25 2:16 PM
in reply to: #2243016

Extreme Veteran
Pittsburgh
crusevegas, how would the free market possibly be able to drive biomedical research in a more productive way?  The purpose of biomedical research is to a) find out things that nobody knew before, which then can b) hopefully be transformed into cures for diseases.  In this case, (a) has to come before (b), because if you don't know how the system works, then you can't come up with a way to fix it.  The free market system generally results in investors putting their money into things that they feel are likely to realize a profit.  Look at private pharmacological research firms for an example.

Most of the drugs that only Buffett and Gates can afford are produced by pharmacological companies, which have extremely active R&D facilities.  This is true market-driven biomedical research, with financial power and technological resources that far outstrips what is available to even the richest academic lab with a ton of big R01 federal grants.  (This is why a lot of academic scientists end up in partnering with drug companies.)  The reason that the cures cost so much money is that the drug companies pour vast amounts of money into outcompeting each other to find a new cancer drug, or a new anti-baldness drug, or a new drug that cures a really common disease.  Frequently, they don't even know how their drug actually works (for example, everyone says they know how psychiatric drugs work, but in many cases, they really don't understand their actions at the most basic levels.)  They basically run high-throughput screening assays to see which drugs affect which pathway.  Then, because they have to recoup their expenses and realize a profit, they price their new drugs as high as the traffic will bear.  In industrialized countries, this is very high indeed.  It's easy to villiainize Big Pharma, but they are doing the only thing they can do in order to maximize shareholder value, which is the key to running a successful business in a free-market economy.

If all scientific research was turned over to the free market, the problem wouldn't get any better.  We would keep seeing drugs targeted to cure people of the same highly prevalent illnesses, or drugs targeted to treat chronic illnesses (sufferers of a chronic disease are a perfect captive audience for a drug), or "convenience drugs" that a wide variety of people would take (cold remedies, cosmetic drugs to treat baldness, drugs to treat erectile dysfunction or speed weight-loss).  All the drugs would be really high-cost.

Furthermore, axing government-supported basic science research would mean that if your disease wasn't REALLY common, nobody would do any research on it at all.  This would not only be dubiously ethical (the world has the resources to potentially find cures or treatments for many relatively rare diseases, but instead their sufferers are doomed to painful, lingering, premature deaths?), but also would potentially mean that really essential molecular mechanisms by which our bodies function would not get discovered.

I think that rather than axing the NIH research budget, which is what you are in effect proposing, a better plan might be to overhaul the NIH goals.  Right now, the NIH allocations are extremely politically-driven.  When people are clamoring for cures for cancer, diabetes, and AIDS, which research programs do you think will be funded?  It would probably be way cheaper for the NIH to instead fund more studies about how to avoid getting cancer, diabetes, and AIDS in the first place, or how to mitigate chronic diseases in their earliest stages, or how to manage chronic conditions without medicating them.  Studies geared towards preventative medicine would be WAY more cost-effective, but would never be funded by a free-market economy (what business is going to conduct studies into finding ways for people to never have to buy their product?)  Unfortunately, this will never happen, because the American populace has decided that they can somehow do whatever they want while avoiding the consequences (living outside their means and becoming astonished when the overinflated economy collapses, eating crap and being appalled that half the country is fat and diabetic, and assuming that they can ruin their health however they want and that a magic pill will appear to fix the consequences of their own poor choices.)

Sorry for the rant.  I just feel that there are some things, such as basic scientific research, that the government needs to fund.  It's both an issue of national security and essential to improving the general health of the American people.  If the general population voted in a referendum to abolish the NIH and NSF, then I would accept that American anti-intellectualism had reached a peak or nadir, and that my contributions to society were no longer valued here.  Then I would move to India, China, or Singapore to pursue my career, and employ 5-20 Indians, Chinese, or Singaporeans in my lab instead of Americans. 
2009-06-25 2:20 PM
in reply to: #2242950

Expert
Traverse Cityish
run4yrlif - 2009-06-25 2:21 PM

hamiltks10 - 2009-06-25 1:58 PM

run4yrlif - 2009-06-25 1:48 PM
Nelg - 2009-06-25 1:30 PM
run4yrlif - 2009-06-25 11:28 AM
Nelg - 2009-06-25 11:21 AM
AcesFull - 2009-06-25 10:05 AM

You are already involuntarily paying into a system through higher premiums that cover uninsured people when they show up at the hospital.

As to your claim that other countries' systems do not work, you need to look at the research and not the pundits.  People who live in countries with national healthcare plans (meaning EVERYONE ELSE) by in large LOVE their systems and often ridicule the US for our failure to provide basic coverage to our citizens.

They like their systems because they don't know any better and they think it's free when it really comes out of the taxes of the middle class and wealthy.

So...poor, ignorant foriegners?
Interesting inference, you sound prejudiced. So you don't acknowledge that the guy that makes a million a year is paying more taxes than the guy who makes $30k?

Wait. What? Did you read what you wrote?

"They like their systems because they don't know any better and they think it's free when it really comes out of the taxes of the middle class and wealthy."

You didn't imply that the foriegn users of universal health care are ignorant? If not...please correct me.

Saying that they don't know any difference is not saying that they are ignorant.  You are not stupid if you've only experienced something one way for your entire life.  You are implying that Glen is saying they are stupid. 

If you've only experienced something one way for your entire life then you do not have much to base your opinions on.  You may feel like it's fine and you may be happy with it.  BUT....there just might be a better way.  That doesn't make you stupid or ignorant.  It just means you have lacked options/experience and don't know any different.

"Ignorant" and "stupid" are different. I never said Glen said they were stupid. I said Glen said they were ignorant. Which he did.

Poor, ignorant foreigners wasn't designed to be an inflammatory remark? And I don't get how they could be foreigners if they are living in their own country, please explain.

2009-06-25 2:28 PM

Expert
Goodness we have some nickpicky word police around today. Someone already posted what the person meant when they said "ignorant" originally. The definition of the word cleary covers what they  were saying. A lack of knowledge nothing more.

To suggest it was negative in any way is just looking to start an argument over nothing. He obvioulsy meant it to mean they had never experinced another system so they were not knowledgable of our  system.

Edited by Imjin 2009-06-25 2:32 PM
2009-06-25 2:35 PM
in reply to: #2243111

Master
Seattle, California

hamiltks10 - 2009-06-25 12:03 PM

I guess I just don't understand what incentive will be left to go to work.  Why bust my tail day in and out when I could still be fully insured, receive unemployment pay, get food stamps, etc. and have all of my free time to myself.  After Uncle Sam takes close to 45% of my pay in taxes now, it doesn't sound to me like my lifestyle would change that much by living off the government.

I don't have an answer on how to lower costs.  I guess I just do not fundamentally believe that it is a RIGHT to have health care coverage.  You should have to earn that just as you earn your paycheck.  I believe it's still considered a "benefit" and part of my total compensation package for the job I do and I'm ok with that.

Reality is people just are not that lazy.  Given the choice most people wont just sit and coast by.  Canada like the US is a country where if you work hard you can be fortunate and have many opportunities and choices.  The standard of living that you can achieve working is vastly different then what you can achieve sitting on your a$$.  The people who want to coast by always will and they are the minority.  Incentive to work for most people is knowing that if you choose to you can better your position. 

2009-06-25 2:37 PM
in reply to: #2243115

Master
Seattle, California

run4yrlif - 2009-06-25 12:05 PM
PennState - 2009-06-25 3:01 PM
run4yrlif - 2009-06-25 2:55 PM

lol, "the Canadian"... did you write it that way intentionally, it's pretty funny

What'd I miss? James is Canadian, right? Or at least from BC, right?

Yep.  I'm a canuck

2009-06-25 2:40 PM
in reply to: #2243119

Veteran
run4yrlif - 2009-06-25 3:06 PM

After Uncle Sam takes close to 45% of my pay in taxes now, it doesn't sound to me like my lifestyle would change that much by living off the government.

My incentive (among others) is that Sam ain't gonna pay my mortgage or race entry fees.

Certainly for you.  But why limit it to those things?  I completely agree with your earlier points on obvious ways to cheapen the cost of health care, and I wish we would just get on that already.  Why not include housing as a basic right to which all Americans are entitled too?  Most cities do have laws against being homeless.  Also, our recent experiment to provide everyone with a home blew up real nice too.  Social security, medicare, medicaid are all failing, and will certainly fail me by the time I'm retired.  I prefer to have control over my own destiny and not have it shelled out to me. 

What about the hungry?  Certainly food is more important than health care.  Should we enforce eating/over eating?  State run? Again, this is an extreme example and might be comical if it wasn't a real problem...but maybe we need to get back to the basics for what people need to live day to day. 

2009-06-25 2:44 PM
in reply to: #2243217

Master

Global - 2009-06-25 3:35 PM

Reality is people just are not that lazy.  Given the choice most people wont just sit and coast by.  Canada like the US is a country where if you work hard you can be fortunate and have many opportunities and choices.  The standard of living that you can achieve working is vastly different then what you can achieve sitting on your a$$.  The people who want to coast by always will and they are the minority.  Incentive to work for most people is knowing that if you choose to you can better your position. 

I think you'd be shocked to see how many people are taking advantage and living off the system here in the States.  It is sickening.

I agree that most people want better and will work to do so.  But when you're already working your tail off and are told that the only way to fix health care is to shove a bill through as fast as possible that will mandate health care for everyone and it's going to be paid for by taxing me more...it sucks dude. 

Btw...I love Canadians.

2009-06-25 2:57 PM
in reply to: #2243115

Edited by PennState 2009-06-25 2:58 PM
2009-06-25 2:58 PM
in reply to: #2243263

Master
Seattle, California

hamiltks10 - 2009-06-25 12:44 PM

I think you'd be shocked to see how many people are taking advantage and living off the system here in the States.  It is sickening.

I agree that most people want better and will work to do so.  But when you're already working your tail off and are told that the only way to fix health care is to shove a bill through as fast as possible that will mandate health care for everyone and it's going to be paid for by taxing me more...it sucks dude. 

Btw...I love Canadians.

Pushing anything that comprehensive and far reaching so quickly is definatly not a good approach.  I would have no arguements with you there.  Your country has the fortunate position of looking at many different universal systems from around the world and picking the things that work well and leaving out the things that don't.  That takes time and I would be furious with my government if they thought they could hammer out a complex issue so quickly.  Obviously it will only lead to mistakes that you may have a hard time taking back. 

I don't think that I would be shocked to see how many people try and live off the system.  I pretty sure the % would be similar to what it is here.  My view is those people will always be there and if they are content living at the bottom rung so be it.  No society will ever have 100% participation and you shouldn't halt progress for the masses just to try and punish the few.  I doubt giving them more or less does much of anything at all to motivate them.  I say forget they are even there and worry about the 98% of people who want to better themselves and participate in all your country has to offer. 

2009-06-25 3:06 PM
in reply to: #2243243

crazyyella - 2009-06-25 12:40 PM

Certainly for you.  But why limit it to those things?  I completely agree with your earlier points on obvious ways to cheapen the cost of health care, and I wish we would just get on that already.  Why not include housing as a basic right to which all Americans are entitled too?  Most cities do have laws against being homeless.  Also, our recent experiment to provide everyone with a home blew up real nice too.  Social security, medicare, medicaid are all failing, and will certainly fail me by the time I'm retired.  I prefer to have control over my own destiny and not have it shelled out to me. 

What about the hungry?  Certainly food is more important than health care.  Should we enforce eating/over eating?  State run? Again, this is an extreme example and might be comical if it wasn't a real problem...but maybe we need to get back to the basics for what people need to live day to day. 

Good point.

Which is more important to our daily lives, health care or food?

2009-06-25 3:12 PM

Expert
Traverse Cityish
Global - 2009-06-25 2:44 PM

So you would pass on paying more out of pocket just to get yourself or a family member back on their feet quicker?

http://www.waittimealliance.ca/June2009/Report-card-June2009_e.pdf

Got cancer? 47 days until your first treatment, same as two pack a day Joe down the street.

Depression, suicidal? Five + weeks for Psych care.

Making care about the patient and not about being a cash cow for doctors, hospitals and drug companies is foremost. However equal treatment for those who destroy their bodies by choice vs. those who take care of themselves is not how a system should work. You should be rewarded for a healthy lifestyle and the ability to pay for better treatment. Both systems are flawed, one by greed and one by the fact that you are unable to walk down the street and get coverage resulting in reduced flexibility.

2009-06-25 3:12 PM

Edited by PennState 2009-06-25 3:19 PM

2009-06-25 3:21 PM
in reply to: #2243147

kat_astrophe - 2009-06-25 12:16 PM crusevegas, how would the free market possibly be able to drive biomedical research in a more productive way?  

Two ways in my opinion;

If there is potential profit in it someone will do it just as the drug companies are currently doing.

2nd Not for profits would and are currently funding some of it.

I am against the federal government taking money from me and deciding which charity I will fund. 

The purpose of biomedical research is to a) find out things that nobody knew before, which then can b) hopefully be transformed into cures for diseases.  In this case, (a) has to come before (b), because if you don't know how the system works, then you can't come up with a way to fix it.  The free market system generally results in investors putting their money into things that they feel are likely to realize a profit.  Look at private pharmacological research firms for an example.

As I mentioned I think it's a worthy cause and I think you can ask for donations on a voluntary basis instead of confiscating money from the general public at large.

The federal government is terribly inefficient and politics play too big of a role as to who gets what. Non profits would be more efficient.

Most of the drugs that only Buffett and Gates can afford are produced by pharmacological companies, which have extremely active R&D facilities.  This is true market-driven biomedical research, with financial power and technological resources that far outstrips what is available to even the richest academic lab with a ton of big R01 federal grants.  (This is why a lot of academic scientists end up in partnering with drug companies.)  The reason that the cures cost so much money is that the drug companies pour vast amounts of money into outcompeting each other to find a new cancer drug, or a new anti-baldness drug, or a new drug that cures a really common disease.  Frequently, they don't even know how their drug actually works (for example, everyone says they know how psychiatric drugs work, but in many cases, they really don't understand their actions at the most basic levels.)  They basically run high-throughput screening assays to see which drugs affect which pathway.  Then, because they have to recoup their expenses and realize a profit, they price their new drugs as high as the traffic will bear.  In industrialized countries, this is very high indeed.  It's easy to villiainize Big Pharma, but they are doing the only thing they can do in order to maximize shareholder value, which is the key to running a successful business in a free-market economy.

If all scientific research was turned over to the free market, the problem wouldn't get any better.  We would keep seeing drugs targeted to cure people of the same highly prevalent illnesses, or drugs targeted to treat chronic illnesses (sufferers of a chronic disease are a perfect captive audience for a drug), or "convenience drugs" that a wide variety of people would take (cold remedies, cosmetic drugs to treat baldness, drugs to treat erectile dysfunction or speed weight-loss).  All the drugs would be really high-cost.

Furthermore, axing government-supported basic science research would mean that if your disease wasn't REALLY common, nobody would do any research on it at all.  This would not only be dubiously ethical (the world has the resources to potentially find cures or treatments for many relatively rare diseases, but instead their sufferers are doomed to painful, lingering, premature deaths?), but also would potentially mean that really essential molecular mechanisms by which our bodies function would not get discovered.

I think that rather than axing the NIH research budget, which is what you are in effect proposing, a better plan might be to overhaul the NIH goals.  Right now, the NIH allocations are extremely politically-driven.  When people are clamoring for cures for cancer, diabetes, and AIDS, which research programs do you think will be funded?  It would probably be way cheaper for the NIH to instead fund more studies about how to avoid getting cancer, diabetes, and AIDS in the first place, or how to mitigate chronic diseases in their earliest stages, or how to manage chronic conditions without medicating them.  Studies geared towards preventative medicine would be WAY more cost-effective, but would never be funded by a free-market economy (what business is going to conduct studies into finding ways for people to never have to buy their product?)  Unfortunately, this will never happen, because the American populace has decided that they can somehow do whatever they want while avoiding the consequences (living outside their means and becoming astonished when the overinflated economy collapses, eating crap and being appalled that half the country is fat and diabetic, and assuming that they can ruin their health however they want and that a magic pill will appear to fix the consequences of their own poor choices.)

Sorry for the rant.  I just feel that there are some things, such as basic scientific research, that the government needs to fund.  It's both an issue of national security and essential to improving the general health of the American people.  If the general population voted in a referendum to abolish the NIH and NSF, then I would accept that American anti-intellectualism had reached a peak or nadir, and that my contributions to society were no longer valued here.  Then I would move to India, China, or Singapore to pursue my career, and employ 5-20 Indians, Chinese, or Singaporeans in my lab instead of Americans. 

In addition I think if we can't afford the medicine, treatments and procedures we currently have it does not makes good sense to spend our tax dollars and resources on more research. for?  Edited

Wouldn't it be more prudent to spend that money on treatment and care since according to Obama not enough people are getting medical care?

Sorry I didn't answer more, but just skimming through the rest it looked like more of the same.

Edited by crusevegas 2009-06-25 3:24 PM
2009-06-25 3:24 PM
in reply to: #2243312

Master

Global - 2009-06-25 3:58 PM

hamiltks10 - 2009-06-25 12:44 PM

Btw...I love Canadians.

Pushing anything that comprehensive and far reaching so quickly is definatly not a good approach.  I would have no arguements with you there.  Your country has the fortunate position of looking at many different universal systems from around the world and picking the things that work well and leaving out the things that don't.  That takes time and I would be furious with my government if they thought they could hammer out a complex issue so quickly.  Obviously it will only lead to mistakes that you may have a hard time taking back. 

I don't think that I would be shocked to see how many people try and live off the system.  I pretty sure the % would be similar to what it is here.  My view is those people will always be there and if they are content living at the bottom rung so be it.  No society will ever have 100% participation and you shouldn't halt progress for the masses just to try and punish the few.  I doubt giving them more or less does much of anything at all to motivate them.  I say forget they are even there and worry about the 98% of people who want to better themselves and participate in all your country has to offer. 

You make some really good points. 

That's why I like you Canucks.  Because you're smart and you brought us the great sport of hockey (and Brian Adams).

2009-06-25 3:28 PM
in reply to: #2243392

Veteran

That's why I like you Canucks.  Because you're smart and you brought us the great sport of hockey (and Brian Adams).

Don't forget the South Park guys...otherwise we wouldn't have Team America.
2009-06-25 3:42 PM
in reply to: #2243338

Pro
St Charles, IL

crusevegas - 2009-06-25 3:06 PM

crazyyella - 2009-06-25 12:40 PM

Good point.

Which is more important to our daily lives, health care or food?

Water is more important that either.

Wait, Air is even more important than water.

Not sure what this reductio absurdiem is supposed to "prove" though.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » The new BO health care plan Rss Feed  

of 7