of 34

2007-11-01 3:10 PM
in reply to: #1028434

User image

MotoQueen
Subject: RE: COgirl's Group - FULL
countregirl - 2007-10-29 1:03 PM

Hi Girls
Thanks for all of the well wishes! I am ding fine accept for the stupid pain meds I hate takin them!

will check in in a few days when i am more lucid!

BTW the tummy looks amazing YAY

H

Heather, glad the tummy looks amazing. We look forward to a new pic of you down the road. You have done awesome girl. Heal well.

2007-11-01 3:12 PM
in reply to: #1031431

User image

MotoQueen
texmom - 2007-10-31 11:12 AM

OK, I registered for my first marathon. Some days I think "What in the world I am doing?". I went to a party Saturday night where we were talking to some people who are runners who just kept saying, "Oh, I could NEVER do a full marathon," which is exactly what I thought at this time last year.

Happy Halloween! I have certainly eaten my fair share of candy, good thing I am training for a marathon, otherwise I think I would be getting a larger size pants.

alright Jill, you can do it. Way to go. I think it is great that you will be running with your Dad.
2007-11-04 6:33 PM
in reply to: #641608

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

OK, I posted Halloween pics of the kids here, too funny!

Ran in a half-mary on Saturday with trixie from BT.  Wow, it's SO much nicer to run with someone, let alone with someone who can pace you!  Good stuff!  Makes me consider running with a pacing group for the marathon.

What else is going on?  Z, did you do the Halloween ride?  Heather, how are you feeling?  Kendra, how are the knees now and how is running?  Jill, you ready for the mary (it's coming up fast!)?  Mel, how's the back....totally better or what?

Z
2007-11-04 8:15 PM

User image

Master
Reston, VA
Gold member
The ride rained out but we had a good party!
2007-11-04 8:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Hi Girls
Things are going okay here. I HATE not working out feels like $h-- all the time!!! It had become my stress outlet and we are in the middle of trying to sell our house. But things are pretty good. Hope you all are training well!

Heather
2007-11-11 8:29 AM

User image

MotoQueen
Hey everyone. Just got back from sunny Mexico. It was beautiful there. Got in a little bit of running, but mostly swimming during the week.

Cathy, love the pictures from Halloween. Those are wonderful pictures of your kids. Looks like fun was had by all.

Heather, I understand the crummy feeling when you can't workout. Hope the selling of the house goes well. The market here in the Atlanta area is a buyers market. Slow for the sellers. Hope it is better where you are.

How is everyone else doing?

2007-11-11 1:11 PM

User image

Veteran
SC

I thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing.  Cathy, I love the pics of your kids they are so cute! Great job on your 1/2 mary. 

I saw Heather last week she looks awesome!

Kendra, Sounds like Mexico was nice.  I would love to go there.

Jill, Good Luck on your Marathon, Wow, I always said I couldn't imagine doing a 1/2 marathon now I'm going to be doing one in less than a month.  You are inspiring me to do a marathon!

Back is all better.  I ran a 10k yesterday and took a wrong turn and started running on the 5k course.  At least I was only about .25 mile off so I ran back and found my turn.  It was completely my fault I was not paying attention.  I didn't see anyone around for a long time and thought I was last.  Fortunately, I did see some women walking and ran past them.

I saw a cardiologist last week about my high HR and he wants to do a stress test and a echocardiogram (sp?)  When I run & bike my HR averages high 180s and maxs at 207.  I was glad that he took it seriously and didn't blow it off.  Some people have told me that it is normal.  Apparently there is something there not sure what yet. 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Mel  

2007-11-11 2:51 PM
in reply to: #1047810

User image

MotoQueen
lialog - 2007-11-11 1:11 PM

I thought I'd check in and see how everyone is doing.  Cathy, I love the pics of your kids they are so cute! Great job on your 1/2 mary. 

I saw Heather last week she looks awesome!

Kendra, Sounds like Mexico was nice.  I would love to go there.

Jill, Good Luck on your Marathon, Wow, I always said I couldn't imagine doing a 1/2 marathon now I'm going to be doing one in less than a month.  You are inspiring me to do a marathon!

Back is all better.  I ran a 10k yesterday and took a wrong turn and started running on the 5k course.  At least I was only about .25 mile off so I ran back and found my turn.  It was completely my fault I was not paying attention.  I didn't see anyone around for a long time and thought I was last.  Fortunately, I did see some women walking and ran past them.

I saw a cardiologist last week about my high HR and he wants to do a stress test and a echocardiogram (sp?)  When I run & bike my HR averages high 180s and maxs at 207.  I was glad that he took it seriously and didn't blow it off.  Some people have told me that it is normal.  Apparently there is something there not sure what yet. 

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Mel  

I'm glad that you are getting that HR checked. Hopefully it will be nothing, but you don't want to take the chance. Keep us posted and listen to your doctor.
2007-11-14 8:55 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Mel, I hope all goes well with the tests/visits! 

You all are continuing to amaze me!!!  Nice work everyone! 

I'm headed to Philly Friday, marathon on Sunday.  I'm getting nervous

Z
2007-11-14 9:22 PM

User image

Master
Reston, VA
Gold member
Yep Mel, keep us updated on your tests. I hope it is nothing serious.
2007-11-14 9:27 PM
in reply to: #1054219

User image

MotoQueen
COgirl - 2007-11-14 8:55 PM

Mel, I hope all goes well with the tests/visits! 

You all are continuing to amaze me!!!  Nice work everyone! 

I'm headed to Philly Friday, marathon on Sunday.  I'm getting nervous

Cathy, I know you'll do great with the marathon. You're a triathlete!!!
Have a great trip visiting family for the Thanksgiving holiday.

2007-11-23 9:57 PM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I am up in Seattle visiting family. It seems lik it has been Thanksgiving everyday because we have been eating so much! I am running in the Seattle half marathon on Sunday with my husband, brother in law and sister in law.

Kendra - Where in Mexico did you go? I am going in May with a big group of girlfriends and NO KIDS, we are staying here www.casalavista.com I am soooooo excited! Did I mention that we weren't taking any kids?

Mel - Any news on the HR?

Cathy - Love the pics! I am going to put up some of my kids when I get back to Texas!

Heather - Are you able to work out yet? I know that must be frustrating.

2007-11-24 7:03 AM

User image

Veteran
hi everyone!!! It seems like forever since I have posted. I am doing well I am now four weeks out from my surgery. I went to the dr last week and got in a little trouble for doing "too much" i.e. which to me is very little so I have to really be careful. I keep thinking to myself it will all be worth it. When I look in the mirror I do not recognize my body at all. He did a beautiful job---I think the results in my training will be amazing without carrying around an extra 10 pounds of stuff on the front of me. I am extremely excited about it!!!!! I met with Mel last week for lunch and we kinda talked about all of the races for next year. I am definately going to do 3 sprints and 1 oly. mel is trying to talk me into a 1/2 ironman towads nov 08 . We will see how I feel running.

It has been hard not training and I have to watch EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth, but i have actually lost 10 pounds. So I am down to 173, which is 100 pounds gone HOORAY!

my goal over the next year is to gain strength, I would like to be between 150-160. Do not want to go below that i like the "Athena" category! LOL.

I hope that you all had a safe holiday...keep posting it keeps me motivated!

Heather

2007-11-27 5:50 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Heather, that is such an incredible thing to do, I am so impressed!  You should be VERY proud!  I'm sure it was a lot of work, blood, sweat, and tears....but you did it!

Jill, way to go in the 1/2 mary this past weekend!  I knew you had sub 10s in you!

Kendra, GOOD LUCK this weekend!  And have fun...how can you not in Vegas!!!

2007-11-28 6:29 AM
in reply to: #1066345

User image

MotoQueen
texmom - 2007-11-23 9:57 PM

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I am up in Seattle visiting family. It seems lik it has been Thanksgiving everyday because we have been eating so much! I am running in the Seattle half marathon on Sunday with my husband, brother in law and sister in law.

Kendra - Where in Mexico did you go? I am going in May with a big group of girlfriends and NO KIDS, we are staying here www.casalavista.com I am soooooo excited! Did I mention that we weren't taking any kids?

Mel - Any news on the HR?

Cathy - Love the pics! I am going to put up some of my kids when I get back to Texas!

Heather - Are you able to work out yet? I know that must be frustrating.

Jill we are members of the Mayan Palace and we have gone every year for the past seven or eight years. This year we were in the Mayan Riveria which is about 45 minutes south of Cancun. Last year we were in Nueavo Vallarta, just north of Puerto Vallarta. There is a restaurant that I reccomend. It is call Le Clif. It is on the south side of the bay, about a 25 minute ride from Puerto Vallarta, but well worth it. Scenery is spectacular and the food just mouthwatering. And I'm a vegetarian and they don't have any vegetarian meals on the menu, but each time the chef has made me something special. My hubby is the carnivore and he loves the place. We are planning on going back next Nov to the Puerto/Neuavo Vallarta area. You will have a blast. Your resort looks wonderful. Does it come with servants? (I saw the servants room on the floor plan from the link you sent.)

How did the half mary go? I'm doing the Las Vegas one this Sunday. I'll be walking it though. My PF is killing me, so I am giving it a break this week so that I can finish the race without crippling myself. LOL
2007-11-28 6:31 AM
in reply to: #1066436

User image

MotoQueen
countregirl - 2007-11-24 7:03 AM

hi everyone!!! It seems like forever since I have posted. I am doing well I am now four weeks out from my surgery. I went to the dr last week and got in a little trouble for doing "too much" i.e. which to me is very little so I have to really be careful. I keep thinking to myself it will all be worth it. When I look in the mirror I do not recognize my body at all. He did a beautiful job---I think the results in my training will be amazing without carrying around an extra 10 pounds of stuff on the front of me. I am extremely excited about it!!!!! I met with Mel last week for lunch and we kinda talked about all of the races for next year. I am definately going to do 3 sprints and 1 oly. mel is trying to talk me into a 1/2 ironman towads nov 08 . We will see how I feel running.

It has been hard not training and I have to watch EVERYTHING that goes into my mouth, but i have actually lost 10 pounds. So I am down to 173, which is 100 pounds gone HOORAY!

my goal over the next year is to gain strength, I would like to be between 150-160. Do not want to go below that i like the "Athena" category! LOL.

I hope that you all had a safe holiday...keep posting it keeps me motivated!

Heather

Heather, that is wonderful news about all the weight loss. You are inspiring. I've got about 75 pounds to go myself and am slowing working on it. You go girl. I look forward to seeing the whole new you.

2007-12-02 7:35 AM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Anybody watch the Ironman on TV yesterday?

I got to meet Macca yesterday.    There was a viewing party and Macca was the guest of honor. 

2007-12-05 3:06 PM

User image

Veteran
SC

Cathy, I saw it! That is very cool that you met Macca.  It was very inspiring and something I've always wanted to do.  That is one of my goals in the next 5 years.

Jill, I read your race report on your 1/2 mary, Great job!  I can only hope to do that well this Saturday.  I think it's going to be 10++ unfortunately.

Kendra, How did Las Vegas go?

Heather has become a big celebrity in the city of Charlotte.  She has a feature article in Endurance magazine about her incredible accomplishments!  WTG Heather!!! I am so proud of you girl!

I had my stress test, echo, MUGA (nuclear heart test) and wore a HR monitor for 24 hours and the Dr cannot figure out what is wrong.  The good news is my heart itself is healthy and the valves look good and it's pumping blood like it should.  He can't seem to figure out why my HR is getting up in the 190s -200s after only 10 minutes of running/biking.  He told me it's okay for me to run in the race on Sat.  He's still working on figuring out what is going on.  I'm not going to let this stop me from achieving my goals.

I hope everyone is doing well! Does anyone know what races they are doing for 2008?

Mel 

Z
2007-12-05 3:15 PM
in reply to: #1084927

User image

Master
Reston, VA
Gold member

Great news Mel!

lialog - 2007-12-05 4:06 PM

Cathy, I saw it! That is very cool that you met Macca. It was very inspiring and something I've always wanted to do. That is one of my goals in the next 5 years.

Jill, I read your race report on your 1/2 mary, Great job! I can only hope to do that well this Saturday. I think it's going to be 10++ unfortunately.

Kendra, How did Las Vegas go?

Heather has become a big celebrity in the city of Charlotte. She has a feature article in Endurance magazine about her incredible accomplishments! WTG Heather!!! I am so proud of you girl!

I had my stress test, echo, MUGA (nuclear heart test) and wore a HR monitor for 24 hours and the Dr cannot figure out what is wrong. The good news is my heart itself is healthy and the valves look good and it's pumping blood like it should. He can't seem to figure out why my HR is getting up in the 190s -200s after only 10 minutes of running/biking. He told me it's okay for me to run in the race on Sat. He's still working on figuring out what is going on. I'm not going to let this stop me from achieving my goals.

I hope everyone is doing well! Does anyone know what races they are doing for 2008?

Mel

2007-12-05 4:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Mel you are crazy!

OH the picture they chose is quite detailed UGH oh well. I am proud of training so hard...

Mel is doing her first 1/2 MARY this weekend and I am working the finish line as a volunteer. I think it will be fun to watch!

Cathy- I have to admit that I did not know who macca was so I looked it up, that sounds cool! i plan on trying to learn much more about the history of tri's this year!

I got clearance from the doc to train today. I am scared of hurting myself. I am going swim easy in the morning a bit.

Hope you all are WARM

Heather
2007-12-06 10:03 AM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas

Heather - So where can we see the article? Is it online? That is awesome to be recognized for your accomplishments!

Mel - Good luck on your half marathon this weekend, I am doing my first full marathon on Sunday and I am feeling a little bummed out as the forecast here is 60% chance of rain, with high humidity, temps in the 70's and wind! That doesn't sound like much fun!

2007-12-06 2:19 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado

Hi all!  You are a busy group!  LOL, that's good!

I'm dying to hear about Kendra's race too....maybe she's still in Vegas

Heather, that is so cool about the article!  Congrats!  And that is great that you are cleared to do everything...go girl!

Mel, good news on your studies!  Glad to hear it.  good luck this weekend! 

Jill, good luck to you also this weekend!  and no whining about 70 and rain and wind.  BAH!  I just did a mary in 38 degrees with rain and wind.  You got nothin' 

Z, how are you doing?

Races for '08: I've got the Winter Distance Series (one per month Dec - Feb) 10K, 10 mile, 20 mile races; then 4/13 is Playtri HIM in TX, then 6/22 is IMCdA!!!!  After that I have no idea.   

I could use some positive thoughts/prayers.  I had a breast biopsy yesterday after I found a lump and then had a mammogram and ultrasound.  The spot was deemed "suspicious" so I had a biopsy.  I'm really sore today after that!  The odds are in my favor, as they think it's ok, but I won't have the results for a week.    I'm hoping all is ok. 

Other than that, my IM training officially started this week after 2 weeks of rest.  It feels good to be back at it again!!!!

2007-12-06 4:58 PM

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas
Cathy - So sorry to hear about the biopsy, I will definitely keep you in my prayers! Let us know when you get more information!
2007-12-06 7:18 PM

User image

MotoQueen
Hello ladies, I'm back from Vegas. I'm working on the race report.

Mel, congrats on the race. Also, glad to know the heart is okay.

Jill, congrats on the marathon.

Heather, a celebrity among us. Glad that you can start training again.

Zoe, how goes it with you?

Cathy, cool to meet mecca. Also prayers and good thoughts going your way regarding the biopsy. If you need to talk, PM me. Remember I've been there.

Edited by kns57 2007-12-06 7:19 PM
2007-12-10 7:12 AM

User image

Veteran
Hi Girls-

I went to spin class this am and it felt GREAT!!! YAY nothing hurt!!!! I am very excited cause it still hurts to swim and run

I watched Mel finish her 1/2 mary this past weekend! So proud of her!!!! She did great!

Cathy I am praying for you and good test results. Please let us know what happens.

If anyone wants a copy of the article in the mag let me know and I will mail it to you. After all you girls are one of the MAIN reasons I was able to train and do this!

Have a happy week!

Heather-
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » COgirl's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 34