BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti and Lynn, Mentors of the Manatee Melee: FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 43

2011-07-20 2:03 PM
in reply to: #3604943

Subject: RE: Yanti and Lynn, Mentors of the Manatee Melee: FULL
So impressed with your race. Proud of you. You rocked it.  CongratulationsCool

2011-07-20 3:36 PM
in reply to: #3605073

Veteran
Hoosier heartland
trainforacure - 2011-07-19 8:57 PM
cggale - 2011-07-19 8:39 PM

Thanks for all the kind words guys.  I'm awake now and managed to write a race report.  Back to the land of the living.  

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=261461&posts=1&start=1

I can sense the vibes of giddy enthusiasm at achieving this through your words!!  It was great!! Out of curiosity, did you stay in the big ring? Several tri colleagues and I have been having 'spirited' discussions about this after one of them told me I should do Steelhead in the big ring/low cadence.  So, now I'm trying to learn everything I can about this issue.

My road bike has three rings.  I often stay in the middle ring and shift when I'm biking rolling hills.  I only go in my small ring for the BIG hills.  Rarely do I go in my big ring...for down hill descents if I really want to go fast?  I don't live that dangerously,LOL.   My cadence is not fast, but not slow either.  I know this doesn't help.  I have heard that it is best to have a higher cadence vs a lower cadence.  Is it due to exerting too much energy in the legs?  Not sure.  I know if my cadence is too low, I'm working too hard...for me.  I'm not an expert at all.

Yanti our mamma manatee can chime in and help us with this one.  

FWIW, my road bike is kinda old.  1997 specialized road bike, with updated components of course.  Which is why it probably has three rings as opposed to the two rings you see on a lot of bikes now a days.  

2011-07-20 7:25 PM
in reply to: #3606862

User image

Veteran
WTH? This isn't coral. It's corn!
cggale - 2011-07-20 4:36 PM

Thanks for all the kind words guys.  I'm awake now and managed to write a race report.  Back to the land of the living.  

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=261461&posts=1&start=1

I can sense the vibes of giddy enthusiasm at achieving this through your words!!  It was great!! Out of curiosity, did you stay in the big ring? Several tri colleagues and I have been having 'spirited' discussions about this after one of them told me I should do Steelhead in the big ring/low cadence.  So, now I'm trying to learn everything I can about this issue.

My road bike has three rings.  I often stay in the middle ring and shift when I'm biking rolling hills.  I only go in my small ring for the BIG hills.  Rarely do I go in my big ring...for down hill descents if I really want to go fast?  I don't live that dangerously,LOL.   My cadence is not fast, but not slow either.  I know this doesn't help.  I have heard that it is best to have a higher cadence vs a lower cadence.  Is it due to exerting too much energy in the legs?  Not sure.  I know if my cadence is too low, I'm working too hard...for me.  I'm not an expert at all.

FWIW, my road bike is kinda old.  1997 specialized road bike, with updated components of course.  Which is why it probably has three rings as opposed to the two rings you see on a lot of bikes now a days.  

Yes I have heard that too. It comes down whether the "power output" is through cardio or brute quad force/mashing LOL. In most of the previous centuries I've done I've, for the most part, kept it in the small ring (I have a compact) avg. between 90-100.  But I do do switch to the big one periodically to give my heart a break and because it's actually comfortable for me.  I guess my quads are more developed than my cardio LOL.

The colleague who said this (he just finished Muncie 70.3 in less than 5 hrs [freak] and has completed several IMs) said I should go all the way at Steelhead on the big one to save my heart for the run. I told him I still suck at running and avg 13-14.  I don't think, in my case, it will make a difference. LOL But this is only my second year so I don't have years of experience like he does (14)

I googled the issue and was surprised to find articles saying Chrissie and Mirinda ride at a low cadence.  So I was just curious as to others' thoughts on this.

2011-07-20 11:33 PM
in reply to: #3607169

User image

Master
Vista, CA
trainforacure - 2011-07-20 5:25 PM

Yes I have heard that too. It comes down whether the "power output" is through cardio or brute quad force/mashing LOL. In most of the previous centuries I've done I've, for the most part, kept it in the small ring (I have a compact) avg. between 90-100.  But I do do switch to the big one periodically to give my heart a break and because it's actually comfortable for me.  I guess my quads are more developed than my cardio LOL.

The colleague who said this (he just finished Muncie 70.3 in less than 5 hrs [freak] and has completed several IMs) said I should go all the way at Steelhead on the big one to save my heart for the run. I told him I still suck at running and avg 13-14.  I don't think, in my case, it will make a difference. LOL But this is only my second year so I don't have years of experience like he does (14)

I googled the issue and was surprised to find articles saying Chrissie and Mirinda ride at a low cadence.  So I was just curious as to others' thoughts on this.

I'll chime in here. I know of one coach who professes keeping the cadence lower to "save your fast twitch muscles" for the run. By lower he means 70-80. That's one school of thought and maybe the IM champs you list above are doing that. ?? IDK....My bike guy, who was a professional cyclist in Europe, has done a few IM's and is a pretty good coach, both cycling and tri, seems to take the opposite view -- keep cadence as close to 90 as possible and "save your leg strength" for the run. As with most things in tri and in life there will be differing opinions. Personally, I like to keep my cadence on the higher side and strive for 90, but usually end up comfortably around 83-86 or so. It's not my heart muscle that gets me on the bike, it is the legs. My legs do feel like bricks the first mile or so of the run (at least in a 1/2IM and full IM) but then I start to feel fairly normal after that and I can run. FWIW....
2011-07-20 11:36 PM
in reply to: #3605227

User image

Master
Vista, CA
mackjenn - 2011-07-19 8:34 PM Ok all - Dr gave me a laundry list of issues with my knee, recommended 7-10 days of minimal activity (swimming) and put me on 500 mg naproxen (anti-inflam). So - does anyone have info entraining on an anti-inflammatory? I hear it can decreas red blood cell count, so a little concerned about that. Planning on staying on it until about 10 days before the HIM. Thoughts/recommendations? I don't think I caused any new damage sat - just irritated all the existing damage/tears/chips/etc. Also - how about hyalgan treatments? He recommended looking that.

Yes, read up on the anti inflammatory stuff and endurance racing. I don't believe it's advised because of kidney function issues. Obviously not an MD, so check out what some "experts" are saying. Also be careful with that high dosage because it can wreak havoc on your stomach. You don't want to end up with stomach issues as a by-product of the anti-inflammatory meds. But, take care of that knee and ice, ice, ice. Did he say that? Never heard of hyalgan. I'll look it up.
2011-07-21 10:20 AM
in reply to: #3607462

User image

Veteran
Pueblo, CO
lmscozz - 2011-07-20 10:33 PM

I'll chime in here. I know of one coach who professes keeping the cadence lower to "save your fast twitch muscles" for the run. By lower he means 70-80. That's one school of thought and maybe the IM champs you list above are doing that. ?? IDK....My bike guy, who was a professional cyclist in Europe, has done a few IM's and is a pretty good coach, both cycling and tri, seems to take the opposite view -- keep cadence as close to 90 as possible and "save your leg strength" for the run. As with most things in tri and in life there will be differing opinions. Personally, I like to keep my cadence on the higher side and strive for 90, but usually end up comfortably around 83-86 or so. It's not my heart muscle that gets me on the bike, it is the legs. My legs do feel like bricks the first mile or so of the run (at least in a 1/2IM and full IM) but then I start to feel fairly normal after that and I can run. FWIW....

Yanti and I have debated this a couple of times over the last few mentoring sessions; however, I have come to agree with her - CADENCE IT IS A PERSONAL THING.  Fast twitch / slow twitch muscles vary as does running type, so what works for Athlete A may not work for Athlete B.  Do what works for you based on percieved effort levels.  If you are not sure, try different cadence averages on a common bike route during a brick workout during practice.  Try to maintain the same speed with different cadences and run off the bike - what worked?

I know for me 85 - 90 is comfortable with no high cadence training.  If I add specific workouts that target 100+ RPM, then my average on the regular rides will tend to go higher (88 - 92); however, during a race I'll still be all over the place depending on the course and how I feel at that specific time.  I also have consistently sucked during the run, so take that advice for what it is (I'm not yet a runner).

One other thing I'd be interested in some input on... I've heard that running and cycling really don't use the same leg muscles as primary power source (quads during cycling, hams during running - I don't recall where I heard this??), so could that be why it does not really matter???

Thoughts anyone???

Edited by mackjenn 2011-07-21 10:21 AM

2011-07-21 10:29 AM
in reply to: #3607466

User image

Veteran
Pueblo, CO

lmscozz - 2011-07-20 10:36 PM
mackjenn - 2011-07-19 8:34 PM Ok all - Dr gave me a laundry list of issues with my knee, recommended 7-10 days of minimal activity (swimming) and put me on 500 mg naproxen (anti-inflam). So - does anyone have info entraining on an anti-inflammatory? I hear it can decreas red blood cell count, so a little concerned about that. Planning on staying on it until about 10 days before the HIM. Thoughts/recommendations? I don't think I caused any new damage sat - just irritated all the existing damage/tears/chips/etc. Also - how about hyalgan treatments? He recommended looking that.

Yes, read up on the anti inflammatory stuff and endurance racing. I don't believe it's advised because of kidney function issues. Obviously not an MD, so check out what some "experts" are saying. Also be careful with that high dosage because it can wreak havoc on your stomach. You don't want to end up with stomach issues as a by-product of the anti-inflammatory meds. But, take care of that knee and ice, ice, ice. Did he say that? Never heard of hyalgan. I'll look it up.

I did a little test yesterday and did not take my second dose when I got home.  Learned I still need it since it was a little sore last night and this AM; whereas, I felt no pain on Tuesday night / Wednesday AM when taking both AM and PM doses.  I'm going to continue to use both for the next week, then back down for a week into the race with the last few days with nothing to see how I feel while training.  Sucks to be dealing with this 2 weeks before my first HIM, but what does not kill us will only maim us make us stronger.

2011-07-21 12:40 PM
in reply to: #3607466

User image

Melon Presser

lmscozz - 2011-07-21 1:36 PM

Poor John! But I think you will be all right and as I said to you before, these things suck but living life and doing other activities is part of the game.

Hyalgan, that's hyaluronic acid, right? I was looking into it when my joints were breaking down and then trying to recover from that horrid tropical disease, but it's wicked expensive to import. Looks like it can be very helpful for joint recovery, and unlikely to do much harm except irritate it and heck, it's already inflamed anyway, right? IIRC (I might not, don't hold me to this) it tends to be hit-or-miss ... really helps or doesn't.

Excuse me while I take a hit of steroids (thanks for reminding me) because I got eaten alive by jellyfish (again) and now I literally have jellyfish bites on top of old AND new jellyfish bites. Disgusting.

As for naprosyn / other NSAIDs, the downside to training (especially long) with them is the risk of hyponatremia (too much water, too little salt/electros). The fitter and leaner you are, the less this is a risk. Honestly, if I were in your shoes, I'd take them to tolerance and be ready to back off a long session, however easy it may be, if I showed even the mildest of signs (nausea, fingers/toes starting to swell, etc.)

ETA: You're two weeks out? Didn't realize it was that close! Not like you're going to be packing on the miles anyway, so I'd just take it really easy the next couple of weeks. You're not going to lose anything. As for NSAIDs, go to town. (Less is more, though) Back off the day before and of. Tylenol is fine but be aware that pain masking during a long race may not be a good thing. But there are some pros (shhhhhhh! trade secret!) who pound 8-hour Tylenol before races.

Edited by TriAya 2011-07-21 12:44 PM
2011-07-21 12:55 PM
in reply to: #3608099

User image

Melon Presser
mackjenn - 2011-07-22 12:20 AM

Yanti and I have debated this a couple of times over the last few mentoring sessions; however, I have come to agree with her - CADENCE IT IS A PERSONAL THING.  Fast twitch / slow twitch muscles vary as does running type, so what works for Athlete A may not work for Athlete B.  Do what works for you based on percieved effort levels.  If you are not sure, try different cadence averages on a common bike route during a brick workout during practice.  Try to maintain the same speed with different cadences and run off the bike - what worked?

I know for me 85 - 90 is comfortable with no high cadence training.  If I add specific workouts that target 100+ RPM, then my average on the regular rides will tend to go higher (88 - 92); however, during a race I'll still be all over the place depending on the course and how I feel at that specific time.  I also have consistently sucked during the run, so take that advice for what it is (I'm not yet a runner).

One other thing I'd be interested in some input on... I've heard that running and cycling really don't use the same leg muscles as primary power source (quads during cycling, hams during running - I don't recall where I heard this??), so could that be why it does not really matter???

Thoughts anyone???

Damn straight there, John. You've gotta do what works for you and I think it's wise to experiment, too. Also, if you just bike a helluva lot, you'll figure it out. (I mean "you" as in "people," not you personally). If you're fairly new, don't mash the hell out of your legs (good way to ruin the knees) on steep or long uphills.

Endurance sports are nearly 100% dependent on slow-twitch muscles. Fast-twitch are used for power moves only and these are rare in triathlon (getting up out of the saddle to sprint, the "kick" to begin a running sprint to the finish, nothing in tri swimming I can think of).

There's a pretty big overlap in endurance cycling/running muscles, which is why there's a definite balance to be struck between effort level on the bike and run. Cadence doesn't matter much because, well, it doesn't.

2011-07-21 8:55 PM
in reply to: #3434942

User image

Veteran
OK! thanks!! I did ride 2 nights ago at low cad and then ran, but it was so hot that it was practically a no run.  I did notice, though, I didn't feel that typical mushy feeling   I will start alternating low/high.
2011-07-21 8:58 PM
in reply to: #3608521

User image

Veteran
TriAya - 2011-07-21 1:55 PM
mackjenn - 2011-07-22 12:20 AM
cggale - 2011-07-20 4:36 PMrough cardio or brute quad

Endurance sports are nearly 100% dependent on slow-twitch muscles. Fast-twitch are used for power moves only and these are rare in triathlon (getting up out of the saddle to sprint, the "kick" to begin a running sprint to the finish, nothing in tri swimming I can think of).

Are you saying there's hope for me??!!! 'Cause judging by how I run and climb I don't think I got any fast twitch fibers in my body!! LOL

...well, except if you see a shark or something creepy LOL.  I can assure you I'd do a sub 1 pace

2011-07-26 11:45 AM

User image

Veteran

WHERE! are all the manatees??!!  How's everyone doing? 

Yanti, how are the bites from the evil jelly--fishies?!!

From my side, saw a sports medicine doctor yesterday who had a (very, very) poor opinion about the orthotics I got from the chiro that are causing a lot of pain.  (why?! do these 2 professions dislike each other so much?!)  He referred me to the top sports center in the city (read: expensive--there goes my new bike) for a gait analysis and confirmed that my left leg is weaker than the right one.  He advised me against running hills until all these issues are resolved. So I think I will have to change my Oct. event.  But I can continue run/walk and without the orthotics. I'll see if the other doctor agrees on the ortho issue.  So obviously that's what I'll have to do for SH.  So, all I have to do is avg. less than 17 to PR it LOL Laughing Why didn't I start this sport at 21?!!! Surprised 

2011-07-26 1:44 PM
in reply to: #3615339

User image

Melon Presser
trainforacure - 2011-07-27 1:45 AM

WHERE! are all the manatees??!!  How's everyone doing? 

Yanti, how are the bites from the evil jelly--fishies?!!

From my side, saw a sports medicine doctor yesterday who had a (very, very) poor opinion about the orthotics I got from the chiro that are causing a lot of pain.  (why?! do these 2 professions dislike each other so much?!)  He referred me to the top sports center in the city (read: expensive--there goes my new bike) for a gait analysis and confirmed that my left leg is weaker than the right one.  He advised me against running hills until all these issues are resolved. So I think I will have to change my Oct. event.  But I can continue run/walk and without the orthotics. I'll see if the other doctor agrees on the ortho issue.  So obviously that's what I'll have to do for SH.  So, all I have to do is avg. less than 17 to PR it LOL Laughing Why didn't I start this sport at 21?!!! Surprised 

HAHA I was just at your blog commenting on the quietness in there

Just crazy busy training. Have a major announcement in a day or two, just one more member of the team I need to clear it with.

Sorry to hear about your leg snafus!

2011-07-26 5:12 PM

Veteran
Hoosier heartland

Hmm, major announcement?  Hope it's a good one!  

It has been a little quiet.  I took over a week off from training to just work, hang out with the kids, and be lazy.  I'm well rested and completely recovered from the race.  I worked out this morning and felt good.  Just took it easy, ya know.  

Just got e-mailed my pics and a cool video of my finish!!  LOL, some of my pics are worthy of the bad picture thread that our wonderful Yanti started...good stuff.  Here is the link, and hope it works:

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event_video.asp?EVENTID=75640&BIB=545&LNSEARCH=1   

Ummmm, no, I am not the speedy gal who sprinted to the finish on the right of the screen.  I'm on the left.  I loved the announcer saying my name, makes you feel special.   What's funny is, I can hear my sister in the background yelling, "yaaay Claire"...cute.

Hope all you manatees are doing well.  What's on the agenda for the rest of the summer for you guys.  I might do one or two sprints and than train for a marathon that's in November.  

2011-07-26 9:52 PM

Hi all, Just checking in, Wow it has been so quiet on here for the past few days. I guess everyone is doing the summer thing and chilling.

My first ever Sprint triathlon is on Saturday. I tried to ride the course today but got rained (stormed) out about half way through. Thankfully I had anticipated this and my wonderful husband was right behind me to pick me up. Best support team ever. Cool

I guess I better be ready. It sounds so small compared to what you all have been doing all summer, It's not an iron"wo"man or a 200 mile ride or a 10k swim but in my world this is big. I will need a new goal after this. I need to stay motivated.

good luck to all of you racing this week and I will check back in and let y'all know how it went.

Regards

Grainne.

2011-07-27 4:02 AM
in reply to: #3616246

Veteran
Hoosier heartland
Grainne Wynne - 2011-07-26 9:52 PM

Hi all, Just checking in, Wow it has been so quiet on here for the past few days. I guess everyone is doing the summer thing and chilling.

My first ever Sprint triathlon is on Saturday. I tried to ride the course today but got rained (stormed) out about half way through. Thankfully I had anticipated this and my wonderful husband was right behind me to pick me up. Best support team ever. Cool

I guess I better be ready. It sounds so small compared to what you all have been doing all summer, It's not an iron"wo"man or a 200 mile ride or a 10k swim but in my world this is big. I will need a new goal after this. I need to stay motivated.

good luck to all of you racing this week and I will check back in and let y'all know how it went.

Regards

Grainne.

GO GRAINNE!!!!!!

I was probably more nervous and exited about my first triathlon than any of the other races I have done.  This is big!!!  Doesn't matter how big or small the distance, this is your journey.   You will rock it this weekend and I look forward to hearing all about it!  GOOD LUCK!!!  

2011-07-27 11:49 AM
in reply to: #3616246

User image

Seattle
Grainne Wynne - 2011-07-26 9:52 PM

Regards

Grainne.

It IS big!!! Good luck!!! Honestly I am much more nervous about my sprint tri coming up in two weeks than I was for the 200 mile bike ride. So many things to remember hahaha!

I am sure you will do great! Be sure to let us know how it went. Sealed

2011-07-27 12:34 PM

Thanks for the support.

I'm not sure how to react but I just got an email from the race organizers saying wetsuits are not allowed. The event is Saturday. I have been training for it for six months and now the change the rules. I also have to rethink what to wear now too.

I bought my wetsuit specifically for this race. I am a little annoyed. It's been hot her for the past week and they are concerned about heat exhaustion.  said water was 85 degrees.

They also suggest that I can drop the swim portion of the race. I'm not sure what that means other than it wont be my first triathlon if I do that. I'm at a loss, I'm not totally comfortable in the water and was counting on the wetsuit for help and plain old comfort psyche level. It had also cut down my time in the water.

And... should I give up the swim and just take the bike & run. It has been the one thing I was not looking forward to but having paid for swim lessons for the past two months I was feeling a little better about it.

What say all of you???? Do I just go for it, or bag the swim?

2011-07-27 12:35 PM
in reply to: #3615938

User image

Veteran
cggale - 2011-07-26 4:12 PM

It has been a little quiet.  I took over a week off from training to just work, hang out with the kids, and be lazy.  I'm well rested and completely recovered from the race.  I worked out this morning and felt good.  Just took it easy, ya know.  

Just got e-mailed my pics and a cool video of my finish!!  LOL, some of my pics are worthy of the bad picture thread that our wonderful Yanti started...good stuff.  Here is the link, and hope it works:

http://www.asiorders.com/view_user_event_video.asp?EVENTID=75640&BIB=545&LNSEARCH=1   

Ummmm, no, I am not the speedy gal who sprinted to the finish on the right of the screen.  I'm on the left.  I loved the announcer saying my name, makes you feel special.   What's funny is, I can hear my sister in the background yelling, "yaaay Claire"...cute.

Hope all you manatees are doing well.  What's on the agenda for the rest of the summer for you guys.  I might do one or two sprints and than train for a marathon that's in November.  

Those are great Claire! It's awesome to have that to remember your race!  And it's funny how you mentioned hearing the announcer.... I remember thinking the exact same thing...I felt pretty darn special too!   Way to go once again!!

As far as the rest of the summer... I finally decided to register for a sprint in Aug. Debated between that and the Oly - but my achillies is still being stupid - so opted for the sprint and will have fun doing it!  I am also registered for my first 1/2 Mary in Sept.... but once again... that is debatable - depending on how the silly foot behaves. 

2011-07-27 12:46 PM
in reply to: #3617095

User image

Veteran
Grainne Wynne - 2011-07-27 11:34 AM

Thanks for the support.

I'm not sure how to react but I just got an email from the race organizers saying wetsuits are not allowed. The event is Saturday. I have been training for it for six months and now the change the rules. I also have to rethink what to wear now too.

I bought my wetsuit specifically for this race. I am a little annoyed. It's been hot her for the past week and they are concerned about heat exhaustion.  said water was 85 degrees.

They also suggest that I can drop the swim portion of the race. I'm not sure what that means other than it wont be my first triathlon if I do that. I'm at a loss, I'm not totally comfortable in the water and was counting on the wetsuit for help and plain old comfort psyche level. It had also cut down my time in the water.

And... should I give up the swim and just take the bike & run. It has been the one thing I was not looking forward to but having paid for swim lessons for the past two months I was feeling a little better about it.

First of all.... congrats on getting to your first Tri.... A sprint IS a big thing.... my first race was a try a try and it was huge for me!  You've worked hard for this day and I think your looking forward to being a "tri" athlete.  It's a bummer about the change - have you been practicing in your wetsuit??? 

My opinion is to do the swim.  I you've been working hard - taking the lessons... and although the wetsuit would have helped a bit... I think you will be surprised with what you can do without it! And just take your time in the water if you have to... remember you can always do breast-stroke or side stroke or whatever you have to to get thru any portion of it if you needed to.   Have confidence in yourself and just try and relax in the water - that will get you thru it.   This is your first one... so really - you just want to have fun and enjoy yourself.  You've earned the day! 

Good Luck - what ever you decide.  Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you!!

2011-07-27 7:48 PM
in reply to: #3615596

User image

Veteran
TriAya - 2011-07-26 2:44 PM
trainforacure - 2011-07-27 1:45 AM

HAHA I was just at your blog commenting on the quietness in there

Just crazy busy training. Have a major announcement in a day or two, just one more member of the team I need to clear it with.

Sorry to hear about your leg snafus!

OMG!!!! WHAT CRAZY GARGANTUAN BODY OF WATER YOU ARE CROSSING NEXT THAT YOU NEED TEAM MEMBERS? 

2011-07-27 7:56 PM
in reply to: #3615938

User image

Veteran
cggale - 2011-07-26 6:12 PM

Awesome picts!!   I have Steelhead in 3 wks.  REV3 a month after that.  And I think I'll have to change the Oct marathon Nikes to the Miami one and the end of January so I can resolve once and for all what's going on with my legs. Sports docts don't believe I'm ready for hill training until these issues are resolved. 

2011-07-27 8:04 PM

User image

Veteran
I agree with Kathy that you should go ahead and do the swim.  You will be surprised and how comfortable it is to swim without it.  If you still are concerned about it, you can swim close to the buoys and take breaks at them.
2011-07-28 6:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Pueblo, CO
Good news/bad news. Craig Lenning swam the north channel/Irish channnel in14 hours 44 minutes - first US person to do that. He trains at the same open water swim point I do - grant ranch in Denver. Bad news - I went off the nasid today and tried to run. Got 1/2 mile befor pain got bad enough to worry me. Goin back on them and trying for 8 - 9 miles Saturday. Only 9 days until the 70.3.
2011-07-29 12:09 PM
in reply to: #3617095

User image

Veteran
Pueblo, CO
Grainne Wynne - 2011-07-27 11:34 AM

Thanks for the support.

Do the swim. There will probably be boats and kyacks you can hold onto if needed - as well as buoys. You don't want to get done and say "I wish...". Just stay relaxed and swim your swim and not the swim of those around you.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Yanti and Lynn, Mentors of the Manatee Melee: FULL Rss Feed  

of 43