General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group -OPEN AGAIN!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 58

2014-05-31 5:53 PM
in reply to: Mfechter67

User image

Subject: RE: Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group - Open
Originally posted by Mfechter67

Happy Saturday! Who's training or racing this weekend?

3 weeks to my next sprint. Beautiful weekend here in NJ. Looks like a good training weekend.

I got a nice quick run in yesterday 2.5 miles 25 min!

first two miles at 9:30 - then jogged/walked the last half.

Today I went to an hour long boot camp class!
Wow - it kicked my A$$.. very sore right now.
So good I had to take and afternoon nap!

2014-06-01 8:22 AM
in reply to: WebFootFreak

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee
Subject: RE: Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group -OPEN AGAIN!!
Well... that was an interesting experience! I've learned a few things, that's for sure. First of all, I'm not going to be doing any desitances over 30mi for a while... hehehe! My biggest problems were the hills. On my side of the river, it's pretty much flat farmland/flood plain with nightmarish straight-line winds. Heading out to Shelby Forest was hills, hills, HILLS. I didn't have to walk my bike, but I came close a couple of times. Also, I thought I had my bike dialed in pretty good... NOPE! For some reason, my chest and upper arms are KILLING me today and that's never happened before. On a slightly more worrysome note... I still don't have feeling back in my pinkies... Thoughts on that one? Yes, I wore gloves.

That ride capped off a week where I hit most of my training. I had good swims on Monday and Friday. I'm primarily working on bilateral breathing, and I've noticed that breathing to the left has helped me get that arm out of the water... yay! The bike was above and beyond my normal miles (obviously), but I braved the weather on Thursday and made my normal group ride a solo ride... yeah, noone else showed. The run is going okay... I'm still dealing with minor pain, but I'm taking it slow to try to keep a repeat of Memphis in May from happening again. I did miss my Saturday run, but I was really in no shape to walk, much less run, after that ride. I also neglected my strength training last monday (not sure why), but I did get some good time in at the Y on Friday after my swim. My wieght is holding steady at 252 because my willpower sucks
2014-06-02 2:52 PM

User image

Veteran
Manchester, Connecticut

NAME / username: My name is Jack and username is jbman.

STORY: I have played all different type of sports during my life. I did train and run in a sprint tri about 10 years ago. I have slowy been adding weight since then and have been up to ~280 lbs at my peak. I'm now down to 258lbs and have started biking and running again.  I'm lucky that my wife is interested in training/lifting/racing with me, so I have some competition  

FAMILY STATUS: I am married with 3 daughters and 1 son.

CURRENT TRAINING: I am following the Ironfit intermediate program for HIM (with personal modifications

2013 RACES/ results: None.

2015 plans and RACES: This year I plan to train and do the last Lake Terramuggus Sprint Tri in August. Next year I'm planning on doing all 6 of the Lake Terramuggus sprint tri series and the Lake Terramuggus Olympic Tri as well..

WEIGHT LOSS: I weighed 275 lbs about 2 months ago. My current weight is 258, and I plan to be back down to 205 by September. I'm staying in dietary ketosis for as long as I can. I have doing this for the last couple of week and have seen a good amount of weight coming off, especially when I'm traiining.

2014-06-02 8:09 PM
in reply to: jbman

User image

Yardville, NJ
Originally posted by jbman

NAME / username: My name is Jack and username is jbman.

STORY: I have played all different type of sports during my life. I did train and run in a sprint tri about 10 years ago. I have slowy been adding weight since then and have been up to ~280 lbs at my peak. I'm now down to 258lbs and have started biking and running again.  I'm lucky that my wife is interested in training/lifting/racing with me, so I have some competition  

FAMILY STATUS: I am married with 3 daughters and 1 son.

CURRENT TRAINING: I am following the Ironfit intermediate program for HIM (with personal modifications

2013 RACES/ results: None.

2015 plans and RACES: This year I plan to train and do the last Lake Terramuggus Sprint Tri in August. Next year I'm planning on doing all 6 of the Lake Terramuggus sprint tri series and the Lake Terramuggus Olympic Tri as well..

WEIGHT LOSS: I weighed 275 lbs about 2 months ago. My current weight is 258, and I plan to be back down to 205 by September. I'm staying in dietary ketosis for as long as I can. I have doing this for the last couple of week and have seen a good amount of weight coming off, especially when I'm traiining.

Jack, welcome! We're glad to have you aboard!
2014-06-02 8:14 PM

User image

Yardville, NJ
13 Tips for Sprint Triathlon Rookies

http://www.active.com/triathlon/articles/13-tips-for-sprint-triathl...

Interesting article with some good tips fit beginners. So, beginners in the group, any questions? Veterans in the group, would you add anything?
2014-06-02 8:18 PM

User image

Yardville, NJ
22 Ways to Take the Stress Out of Your First Triathlon

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/22-tri-tips/

More good info. Feel free to add or comment

2014-06-04 6:55 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by Mfechter67 22 Ways to Take the Stress Out of Your First Triathlon http://www.nomeatathlete.com/22-tri-tips/More good info. Feel free to add or comment

All of these are good tips. I would reiterate... HAVE FUN. and RELAX. I know when I heard those things before my first tri, I was skeptical.. How could one re'lax? Shouldn't you be all REARIN', TO GO? You can do both. (get reved up and relax) The goal is to not get too wound up, over think things and drive your heart rate into the panic zone.

2014-06-04 12:34 PM

User image

Across the river from Memphis, Tennessee

22 Ways to Take the Stress Out of Your First Triathlon

http://www.nomeatathlete.com/22-tri-tips/

More good info. Feel free to add or comment

Since I just went thru this a couple of weeks ago... My biggest problem was showing up too early which allowed my mind to work overtime before race start. Once I was in the water I was fine because I kept in mind all my OWS experience beforehand (not swimming like this, but just time spent in those conditions). For each of the 3 legs, I kept reminding myself that I had already done more than I needed to do while training so I should be able to make it thru...
2014-06-04 5:07 PM

User image

Regular
Florence, Arizona
Silver member

I've been away for a couple of weeks - it's that farming time of year again - I've got lots of reading to catch up on but the most wonderful pic caught my eye a couple of pages back. What an awesome family pic, Mike! You guys look like pro's in your gear! My family pic would probably look something like two teenaged sloths on the couch texting, husband in recliner playing xbox zombie games, and me at the laptop. Each of us with our own bag of chips hahahaha.

Since I'm back from the farm & done lifting giant bags of canola seed, I can resume training. Did a 3.5 mile waddle on Monday which felt pretty good, instructed a bodyblast class today and kicked my own a$$, got the bike ready to go for commuting which will start tomorrow (it's been pouring rain here and I have yet to find rain gear).

We have a weight loss challenge in our office here - in May, our net collective loss was ZERO! I can't believe I actually found that funny!

2014-06-04 7:27 PM
in reply to: Helen120

User image

Originally posted by Helen120

Each of us with our own bag of chips hahahaha!

MMM chips - don't mind if I do!

• Have had 6 nice days of training in a row even though Im battling through a couple injuries.
    got two rest days back to back planned - then back to it on Saturday!

good training to you all.
    2014-06-05 8:48 AM
    in reply to: Clarkey77

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Glasgow, UK
    Can I join in?

NAME / username: My name is Kate and username is Kate_r.

STORY: I'm a tri racing, SCUBA diving would be rock chic if it wasn't for the corporate day job, a scientist by training who now works with new companies in the tech space to grow and flourish. I started racing in 2007 as a thing to make be get to the gym and I'm now positively addicted. I race for my own satisfaction and to challenge myself. I'm also involved in a Tri club locally which seems to be predominantly populated by super fast, super fit people so I feel very much like I'm always the 'fat lass at the back'.

FAMILY STATUS: I am single with a lovely but vicious cat called Tirpitz.

CURRENT TRAINING: I raced a HIM at the weekend and have another one coming up mid August

2013 RACES/ results: I did about 10 of single sport and Tri's from sprint to HIM with some 1/2 Mara and 10k races and a 2 mile swim.

2015 plans and RACES: Not sure. I'm likely to be doing a masters degree next year so training may have to take a little more of a back seat but I'd love to do the HIM that I've just done again so I'll probably do that with a lot of cycle stuff to concentrate on the bike.

WEIGHT LOSS: Almost always been overweight, was larger than average as a kid then never really lost it that much, I can diet really well to loose weight then pile it all back on so I've been at a good weight twice in my life then piled it all back on again. At present I've got about another 17kg to loose (about 37lbs). I'm trying to focus on a more paleo approach but with some calorie counting mixed in as it keeps me more focused and works.

2014-06-05 1:37 PM
    in reply to: Kate_r

User image

Ledyard, Connecticut
    Holy crap have I been AWOL!!!! What up peeps, I've been trolling the emails updates I get trying my best to follow the group, but after vacation just got into a funk with work and life and have not made time to touch base with the group, HOWEVER I have continued to train and race and am doing well with my personal pursuits. First off I am down to 224 and almost out of the Clyde class before I even began! Second I ran a 6K trail race and averaged a 9:03 mile which just a few months ago though a 10:00 mile was the holy grail. Swam my first mile (pool) in 31:12 (no flip turns), and have my first 10k race up next Friday evening and then my first true sprint Tri the Sunday after that. On top of all of that I have set a hard personal goal for myself Iron Man FL 2017, so for better or worse I am now chasing the rabbit Sooooo happy to see the group has stayed active and grown and that people are making all kinds of great forward improvements!!!! Hope to get my shiznit together and get back to being a contributing member and look forward to sharing in everyone's accomplishments as the summer and race season really starts to amp up! Here is a fun new piece of tech I have started to play with to document my journey, check it out and tell me what you think (still a work in progerss):

http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/298858/Journey-to-Ironman-2...

Also shameless plug again, I have signed up to run the 2014 Run to Home Base 9K.

The Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital Home Base Program helps Iraq and Afghanistan veterans and their families heal from the invisible wounds of war -- post traumatic stress (PTS) and traumatic brain injury (TBI) -- through world class clinical care, community education and research. These invisible wounds are estimated to affect one in three returning veterans, and can affect the entire family.

Please consider donating this is truly a great cause!

http://www.runtohomebase.org/2014RunToHomeBase/pmcherrick

2014-06-05 5:03 PM
    in reply to: diablo243

User image

Regular
    Florence, Arizona
    Silver member

Welcome Kate & Welcome Jack!

2014-06-06 1:40 AM
    in reply to: #5004779

Would like to join group, seems like the place for me.
    Name: Dave
    This is my second year of doing sprint distance tri's. Over the past 7-10 years my weight has been bouncing between 250-265 and I am 5'10". I have always been drawn to triathlon and have run quite a bit in past years. 4 half marathons 15-17 years ago. Decided last year to go for it and found a local event stager that did a number of sprint distance tris. Did three last year and have the goal of 4 this year. First one of this season is Father's Day. Have already run two 5k's this spring and have been very pleased with my times and how I felt. My high weight for 2014 was about 265 in mid March at the end of wrestling season. ( I'm a high school coach) and am currently down to 250 want to hit 230 by the end of the summer. Bike is my strong point and running and I get along fine. The swim and I butt heads. Although I have had a sudden improvement Out of nowhere on my swim that I just can't explain. Anyhow if this group will have me would love to share inspiration and support with some other Clyde's.
    2014-06-06 9:07 AM
    in reply to: Bubbacaya

User image

welcome everyone! I have been remiss both in posting and keeping to my tri training schedule. I got busier with my job, and then an apartment search. I'm trying to stay positive and be proud that I got my long run/swin/bikes in, and just missed some of the shorter ones. I'm back on track this week, now that things have calmed down!

I also ran a 5k, and beat my time from the previous 5k by over a minute!

One of the things I have been debating is whether or not to get a wetsuit. My triathlon is in new jersey in July, so I imagine the water temp will be warm enough to swim without a wetsuit? But I'd like to get some open water swim practice in ahead of the tri, and I'm afraid the water may be too cold still for that. Any advice?
    2014-06-06 9:21 AM

User image

Yardville, NJ
    Originally posted by Helen120

I've been away for a couple of weeks - it's that farming time of year again - I've got lots of reading to catch up on but the most wonderful pic caught my eye a couple of pages back. What an awesome family pic, Mike! You guys look like pro's in your gear! My family pic would probably look something like two teenaged sloths on the couch texting, husband in recliner playing xbox zombie games, and me at the laptop. Each of us with our own bag of chips hahahaha.

Since I'm back from the farm & done lifting giant bags of canola seed, I can resume training. Did a 3.5 mile waddle on Monday which felt pretty good, instructed a bodyblast class today and kicked my own a$$, got the bike ready to go for commuting which will start tomorrow (it's been pouring rain here and I have yet to find rain gear).

We have a weight loss challenge in our office here - in May, our net collective loss was ZERO! I can't believe I actually found that funny!

Welcome back!

That is funny about the weight loss challenge... made me laugh!

2014-06-06 9:22 AM
    in reply to: Kate_r

User image

Yardville, NJ
    Originally posted by Kate_r

Can I join in?

NAME / username: My name is Kate and username is Kate_r.

STORY: I'm a tri racing, SCUBA diving would be rock chic if it wasn't for the corporate day job, a scientist by training who now works with new companies in the tech space to grow and flourish. I started racing in 2007 as a thing to make be get to the gym and I'm now positively addicted. I race for my own satisfaction and to challenge myself. I'm also involved in a Tri club locally which seems to be predominantly populated by super fast, super fit people so I feel very much like I'm always the 'fat lass at the back'.

FAMILY STATUS: I am single with a lovely but vicious cat called Tirpitz.

CURRENT TRAINING: I raced a HIM at the weekend and have another one coming up mid August

2013 RACES/ results: I did about 10 of single sport and Tri's from sprint to HIM with some 1/2 Mara and 10k races and a 2 mile swim.

2015 plans and RACES: Not sure. I'm likely to be doing a masters degree next year so training may have to take a little more of a back seat but I'd love to do the HIM that I've just done again so I'll probably do that with a lot of cycle stuff to concentrate on the bike.

WEIGHT LOSS: Almost always been overweight, was larger than average as a kid then never really lost it that much, I can diet really well to loose weight then pile it all back on so I've been at a good weight twice in my life then piled it all back on again. At present I've got about another 17kg to loose (about 37lbs). I'm trying to focus on a more paleo approach but with some calorie counting mixed in as it keeps me more focused and works.

Welocme Kate! We're glad to have you aboard!
    2014-06-06 9:23 AM
    in reply to: diablo243

User image

Yardville, NJ
    Originally posted by diablo243

Holy crap have I been AWOL!!!! What up peeps, I've been trolling the emails updates I get trying my best to follow the group, but after vacation just got into a funk with work and life and have not made time to touch base with the group, HOWEVER I have continued to train and race and am doing well with my personal pursuits. First off I am down to 224 and almost out of the Clyde class before I even began! Second I ran a 6K trail race and averaged a 9:03 mile which just a few months ago though a 10:00 mile was the holy grail. Swam my first mile (pool) in 31:12 (no flip turns), and have my first 10k race up next Friday evening and then my first true sprint Tri the Sunday after that. On top of all of that I have set a hard personal goal for myself Iron Man FL 2017, so for better or worse I am now chasing the rabbit Sooooo happy to see the group has stayed active and grown and that people are making all kinds of great forward improvements!!!! Hope to get my shiznit together and get back to being a contributing member and look forward to sharing in everyone's accomplishments as the summer and race season really starts to amp up! Here is a fun new piece of tech I have started to play with to document my journey, check it out and tell me what you think (still a work in progerss):

http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/298858/Journey-to-Ironman-2...

Also shameless plug again, I have signed up to run the 2014 Run to Home Base 9K.

The Red Sox Foundation and Massachusetts General Hospital Home Base Program helps Iraq and Afghanistan veterans and their families heal from the invisible wounds of war -- post traumatic stress (PTS) and traumatic brain injury (TBI) -- through world class clinical care, community education and research. These invisible wounds are estimated to affect one in three returning veterans, and can affect the entire family.

Please consider donating this is truly a great cause!

http://www.runtohomebase.org/2014RunToHomeBase/pmcherrick

Welcome back Peter! We missed your wit and frequent posts!
    2014-06-06 9:36 AM

User image

Yardville, NJ
    Originally posted by Bubbacaya

Would like to join group, seems like the place for me.
    Name: Dave
    This is my second year of doing sprint distance tri's. Over the past 7-10 years my weight has been bouncing between 250-265 and I am 5'10". I have always been drawn to triathlon and have run quite a bit in past years. 4 half marathons 15-17 years ago. Decided last year to go for it and found a local event stager that did a number of sprint distance tris. Did three last year and have the goal of 4 this year. First one of this season is Father's Day. Have already run two 5k's this spring and have been very pleased with my times and how I felt. My high weight for 2014 was about 265 in mid March at the end of wrestling season. ( I'm a high school coach) and am currently down to 250 want to hit 230 by the end of the summer. Bike is my strong point and running and I get along fine. The swim and I butt heads. Although I have had a sudden improvement Out of nowhere on my swim that I just can't explain. Anyhow if this group will have me would love to share inspiration and support with some other Clyde's.

Welcome to the group Dave! Glad to have you. Hopefully you're shared experiences and ours will have a positive impact on the entire group.
    2014-06-06 9:40 AM
    in reply to: jolinebean

User image

Yardville, NJ
    Originally posted by jolinebean

welcome everyone! I have been remiss both in posting and keeping to my tri training schedule. I got busier with my job, and then an apartment search. I'm trying to stay positive and be proud that I got my long run/swin/bikes in, and just missed some of the shorter ones. I'm back on track this week, now that things have calmed down!

One of the things I have been debating is whether or not to get a wetsuit. My triathlon is in new jersey in July, so I imagine the water temp will be warm enough to swim without a wetsuit? But I'd like to get some open water swim practice in ahead of the tri, and I'm afraid the water may be too cold still for that. Any advice?

Great job on the 5K PR! well done!

Triathlons in NJ in July are arely wetsuit legal. My family is also doing the NJ State tri in July. We've been cometeing/volunteering for this race since 2007. I only remember 1 time in all those years that it was wetsuit legal. Last year the water was close to (if not over) 90 and people were complaining it was too hot! There are some good OWS opportunities in NJ. Check out ETA Swim Coach. they offer OWS at Camp Ochanichon in Medford. As a matter of fact, Randi and I are swimming there tomorrow. There also are swims at Peddie Lake in Hightstwon on some Fridays and Saturdays now thru September. Check out Hightstown Tri on FB.
    2014-06-06 9:48 AM

User image

Ledyard, Connecticut
    Thanks Mike, good to be back!

So thought I would share a few resources I have been reading or using and other various things that have really been beneficial to my life.

So I'm reading the book "Beyond Training by Ben Greenfield" if you know who he is you either love or hate him, but the book IMO is a great read. I have a love/hate relationship with him simply because I LOVE his truly scientific analysis of things and how deep he will personally go to try, test or prove/disprove something, but I HATE that when you go to his site its is SOOOOOOO informericalish that it takes away from the great content he has in his books, articles and podcasts. So with that said I rolled the dice and bought the book and am REALLY enjoying it, the book talks about being an endurance athlete while still living a life and having a family. For $10 for the kindle edition I think it's worth the read and you may as well.

So I shared my Tiki-Toki link with you all in my last post and am really enjoying timelining my journey to fitness and ultimately IMFL (I Hope). If you are looking for a nice free way to do more than blog it's worth a look, check it out and give it a try!

Through a Ben Greenfield podcast I have come upon the En*Theos Academy (www.entheos.com/academy) it is truly a wonderful resource of classes and lectures about just simply living better! The professors are all well spoken, interesting and articulate making watching the 30 to 60 minute classes a truly enjoyable experience. If you use this link www.entheos.com/academy?c=ben you can get a 10 day free trial and then $10 a month subscription.

In the app world I have switched to using Strava for biking and running. The free account gives you amazing data and accurate results (comparing data to my Garmin and other apps) plus the social or challenge component of having KOH (King of the Hill) or awards for segments, really drives you to push a little harder to try to beat that person who wears the crown

Finally I have traded in (or sent it in with the recall) my fitbit force and have moved to the Garmin Vivofit. I really enjoy the vivofit mainly because it integrate nicely with all my other Garmin gear in the connect interface, but I have found it to be WAYYYYY more accurate than my fitbit force was. The only complaint I have is no backlight so useless at night without another light source, but I've gotten over that for the good data it provides me. If you are in the market for a fitness tracker give it a look!

Ok have an open water swim clinic tomorrow in RI and brrrr I'm already cold (58 degree water temp) but swam in my new Xterra Vortex wetsuit at the pool the other night to test fit and am feeling a little better about after that. Hope everyone has a great day!

2014-06-06 11:34 AM

User image

Originally posted by jolinebean

Great job on the 5K PR! well done!

Triathlons in NJ in July are arely wetsuit legal. My family is also doing the NJ State tri in July. We've been cometeing/volunteering for this race since 2007. I only remember 1 time in all those years that it was wetsuit legal. Last year the water was close to (if not over) 90 and people were complaining it was too hot! There are some good OWS opportunities in NJ. Check out ETA Swim Coach. they offer OWS at Camp Ochanichon in Medford. As a matter of fact, Randi and I are swimming there tomorrow. There also are swims at Peddie Lake in Hightstwon on some Fridays and Saturdays now thru September. Check out Hightstown Tri on FB.

Mike, I've been thinking about the ETA Swim Clinics -- do you think i could do them now (well, in a week or two) without a wetsuit?
    2014-06-06 12:03 PM
    in reply to: jolinebean

User image

Regular
    Florence, Arizona
    Silver member

I'm a very slow swimmer, I can go for miles but it takes forever. For my ironman swim years ago, which was the first time I'd ever worn a wetsuit (our climate here is a cold one so open water swimming doesn't happen until at least mid June at best)...much to my surprise, I shaved about 20 minutes off my time because I was so buoyant in it & I could put the effort into swimming properly instead of fighting to stay afloat.

So if you can handle being nice and toasty warm - go for the wet suit, it might shave off some minutes I don't think I get too hot in wetsuits because I simply can't swim fast enough to break a sweat!

2014-06-06 12:06 PM

User image

Regular
    Florence, Arizona
    Silver member

Welcome Dave, yes, this is a nice place to be

2014-06-06 12:14 PM

User image

Champion
    Chicago, Illinois
    if you do get too hot in the wetsuit you just need to tug on the front a little bit. The warm water surrounding the body will be replaced by the colder water. This will help cool you off pretty quickly. I think if the water is cool enough you will never need to do this.

Wetsuit if its not your first tri (aka your hooked) is a great investment. If you think you might be one and done then I will lay off of it. I worn mine several times and I love it. I done 5k swim races with and without and I think from now on I will always wear one if I can.

If you think you will wear it a lot in training and the race then yeah I strongly think about it.
    New Thread
    General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Clyde/Athena Tri-N-4- Weight Loss Mentor Group -OPEN AGAIN!! Rss Feed  

of 58

RELATED POSTS

Scott and Kelly's Mentor Group- Closed Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29

Started by uhcoog
    Views: 28163 Posts: 719

2014-05-18 9:18 PM kathleenkp

Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73

Started by marcag
    Views: 100350 Posts: 1816

2014-06-10 2:42 PM cdkayak

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
    Views: 16474 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
    Views: 30260 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
    Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : August 26, 2011
    author : Nancy Clark
    comments : 1
    Research provides insight into struggles with shedding weight while training.

date : May 22, 2007
    author : acbadger
    comments : 0
    Are you getting adequate rest after your workouts? Rest and over-training effects on weight loss, weight gain.
    date : March 21, 2007
    author : acbadger
    comments : 2
    Interval training for weight loss. Weight training for weight loss. These interval workouts can be done in 15 to 20 minutes and have huge caloric expenditures for those who are crunched for time.

date : November 27, 2005
    author : Ontherun
    For most age-group triathletes, getting the most out of there time for quality workouts can be daunting. Think outside the triangle to get a little more.
    date : November 27, 2005
    author : Rich Strauss
    Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : February 13, 2005
    author : JeremyLikness
    comments : 9
    Losing fat is not difficult. So why does this continue to be an elusive goal for so many people, who “struggle” just to lose a few inches?
    date : September 19, 2004
    author : Michael
    I’m a C-L-Y-D-E-S-D-A-L-E! Many people in the sport know the division is there, but many of them think that it's a 'fat boys division.' So what constitutes a Clydesdale? Why even have this class?

date : September 3, 2004
    author : Ron
    What happens in your body when you eat, fast or workout?